Daily points capped at 15000.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It would literally have never occurred to me that anyone would do the dailies to get the skins from the AP. To me the hellfire and radiant skins have always just been annoying bank fillers (being a pack rat I can’t bear to destroy them but it’s a racing certainty I’ll never use them). Takes all kinds I guess.

All the same I agree the cap is a daft idea. Wouldn’t it make more sense to change the rewards than mess around the with the points?

You don’t need to store those skins in your bank. They are in your hero panel as a free item you can pull out at any time and as many as you want and they are in your wardrobe as a free skin to apply as many times as you want.

My Charr ele wears the hellfire gloves and boots, and the Flameseeker title.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

The AP cap is fine, but i think if all rewards/skins are to be obtainable (by anyone) ANET should add more AP opportunities to the game. For instance, start a new “daily” category with a 1-2k AP cap. The new bloodstone fen dailies might be a good place to start.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

The AP cap is fine, but i think if all rewards/skins are to be obtainable (by anyone) ANET should add more AP opportunities to the game. For instance, start a new “daily” category with a 1-2k AP cap. The new bloodstone fen dailies might be a good place to start.

Agreed on adding more AP opportunities to the game. The events are nice but its just a start, especially for players who missed out on S1 AP

It would literally have never occurred to me that anyone would do the dailies to get the skins from the AP. To me the hellfire and radiant skins have always just been annoying bank fillers (being a pack rat I can’t bear to destroy them but it’s a racing certainty I’ll never use them). Takes all kinds I guess.

All the same I agree the cap is a daft idea. Wouldn’t it make more sense to change the rewards than mess around the with the points?

Really? I assumed most people wanted the skins…. I love getting new skins in my wardrobe, especially ones that show I worked for them. But because of the temporary aspect of season 1, I missed out on a lot of easy and plentiful AP I really don’t care at all about the leaderboards I just want to get those skins

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I very, very rarely see anyone using the Zenith skins. Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone with a Pinnacle skin; that may be because they are too rare, or just too similar to Zenith skins. Dunno.

I see a few with Radiant or Hellfire skins. I use some of the Radiants, but no Hellfire.

Posted by: Ethan Mccloud.3218

Ethan Mccloud.3218

You are correct, Ethan, but only if your goal is to get a full set of BOTH skins (radiant and hellfire). If you want just one or the other, you can get it at 30,000.

However, please note that “full set” does NOT include the back piece. That requires 39,000.

What I don’t understand is why they have both a cap and a dearth of ways to get APs.

I’m more or less going for both.

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender
Proud Member OF “TSF” The Shining Force.

Ethan Mccloud.3218

OP as it has been mentioned, you will not get a reply from Anet on this topic, so you may aswell give up now,

There are a lot of players whom think the cap is stupid, and needs revised, in a game like this CAPs are bad, espically during month long content droughts where you don’t get any AP,

If I had to guess those who think the cap is great and should stay are either causal 2 hours a week players, or players who cannot control themselves and feel the need to grind out every point.

As for the leaderboards they should be scrapped also, they are pointless now, they will not change, even if a new players starting today ground out every single point available they still wouldn’t break the top 1000, so why keep them at all,

I would love to see the cap removed to allow us to continue gathering points, the fact that up to 60k points chest as been datamined says it all

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_rewards

At the current rate no one will hit 40k for another 3 years given the way AP is handled in game,

AP from anything in game including dailies, is not about catching up, its about your own personal goals and achievements, but because ive supported Anet from day 1 and played daily I am now being punished for it, so that those who have not or have no interest may or maynot catch up,

In around 80 days ill hit cap, I just wont bother logging in anymore after that, whats the point, so I can watch those who log in once a week slowly catch up, because I can no longer gain.

Anet got this one 100% wrong, and I know others agree with it, when you take away someones ability to achieve something ingame because they enjoy doing it, they get bored and leave, simples.

To each there own, to all those who enjoy others being capped so they can no longer progress, hope you still enjoy the game when the AP hunters quit for a new game,

Also to the 1500 days question, in the early days of GW2 each daily gave 5 AP so you could get 25 a day, it was changed at a later date.

I really HOPE Anet do pay attention to this topic and finally give us a proper reply.

Maybe they should just add a tick box that you can use, you click it to continue getting daily AP and if you uncheck it you don’t, cause im willing to bet that if they put that in, all those saying cap is great I don’t want dailys etc, wouldn’t be long hit ticking that box.

This in a nutshell. Personally I rather they just scrap the leader board and let me get back to progressing towards me armour set- I’m seriously running out of things to do to hold my attention.

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender

Ethan Mccloud.3218

… yadda yadda yadda …

I find the 15000 gap fair exactly because of the reason stated above, it allows people to catch up. I’ve been here since beta too but I cant come online every day as I have other stuff to do. Now should people like me who cant play every day be perpetually falling behind? I don’t think so.

Also, Ethan, from the way you write in this thread you seem like a rather rude person and thus I’ve no sympathy at all

You ask the question so i’ll answer it. DO i think people like you who can’t play everyday be perpetually falling behind ? YES- It is pretty much the concept in any facet of life. How do u not understand that?
You say u want to catch up…..WHAT exactly are you wanting to catch up too… when did this become a race between u and i?
You call me rude and offer no sympathy…. Funny i don’t recall asking you for any.

I made the experience thatmany player with very high AP 25k + are bad at this game. For example not understanding their class ect.

Whereis the point in playing 1500 Days if you dont improve your Gameplay.

I’m not sure what this even means but i will say this .. If your over 20k in points right now… Your Pretty much the backbone of the game for the past 4 years. Because of your efforts , you’ve made this game what it is and what it will continue to be. All i’m asking for is a better compromise to this issue. Hell i’d take a reduction in daily points if it would keep me moving towards my armour goal- 5 points or even 3.
Let me put it like this.
Jill has been working as a waitress for the last 4 years in a major eatery and is making decent tips while making a decent wage {earned over that time}. Jack just recently hired on and immediately feels that he should get exactly what Jill gets and wants to catch up to her … but not by putting in the time and effort that Jill has as already put in.
Now for some reason.. Management decides that withholding Jills tips is the answer as basically “Shes earned enough already and that the paycheck should just be enough”. So according to JAck and maybe even a few customers.. this seems totally fair. Meanwhile the rest of the staff who have time invested over the years are also being blocked from the tips. Now the only thing left for them to do is to look for pocket change on the floor during cleanup hour to make up the difference.

Maybe i’m wrong … But i feel like the People who have been showing up everyday to a game that’s been bleeding players for a long time have been dealt a rather bad deal in that decision. It’s simply how i feel .

Gwen
Tarnish Coast Defender

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I am actually grateful that Anet is making it so easy for me to let go of GW2 in so many ways. I don´t get it why Anet wants to actually shove people away from the game from a company point of view, but ok.

The argument that people will catch up to guys with 30K in this way is both insubstantial and irrelevant in my opinion.

Insubstantial because they lack the points from earlier stuff and will so never be able to catch up, old players won´t stop playing and gain other, harder points and people who have the dedication to actually attempt to keep up with these guys would have to work for literally years to have the slightest chance of getting top 10000 or something.

It is irrelevant because the leaderboard of Anet is terribad and can´t or rather does not want to count below 90%. It is in fact one of the most terrible leaderboards I have ever seen.

If someone wanted to slave every AP of dailies in the past, I really feel sorry for you. Most of them were also terribad and took forever. I made the underwater kill AP sometimes, and that was really mindbogglingly boring. The new structure did away with these problems, so the cap should and could be raised when a substantial number of people reaches the 15K barrier or be thrown overboard compeltely.

Posted by: KWman.3012

KWman.3012

I know there is some place to see how much daily/monthly points I have, I just can’t remember where.

Yes, I am a Champion of an Egg.

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I know there is some place to see how much daily/monthly points I have, I just can’t remember where.

Hover over the points you earned and it will show the breakdown.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen