Do you want us not to farm champs?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

I’m confused.

Champs are buffed to drop boxes/bags
Champs drop rare skins. Cool looking BTW!
Three major trains are established.
One is nerfed (understandable) due to players letting events fail
Two remain for awhile
Then champ drops are nerfed (especially those coins)
FG chain is partially nerfed (Trio)
QD nerfed too the ground (possibly to the center of the earth one might say)

I’m not much affected. I participated a bit in the chains, but I would get bored too quick and got sick of the drama (especially in QD – /clap clap btw). So I can rightfully say I am not whining about these changes.

But What the Heck!. I’m confused, if you buff champ loot and then discourage trains. You encourage zergs/trains, but nerf the one most accessible. Was the intention all along to kill the occasional champ for loot and that ultra rare but ultra cool skin?? Should I participate in FG, Orr, EotM chains or are there nerfs incoming there too? Ban-hammers coming??

So what ANET is your vision about champs and farming them? What is your opinion of zerging and trains? Why encourage them through game design and then nerf?

I’m so confused??? 0_o

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Arenanet doesn’t like to have rewarding content because it makes people less likely to buy stuff from the gem store.

Ranger//Necro

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I’m confused.

Two remain for awhile

I’m not much affected. I participated a bit in the chains, but I would get bored too quick and got sick of the drama (especially in QD – /clap clap btw). So I can rightfully say I am not whining about these changes.

But What the Heck!. I’m confused, if you buff champ loot and then discourage trains. You encourage zergs/trains, but nerf the one most accessible. Was the intention all along to kill the occasional champ for loot and that ultra rare but ultra cool skin?? Should I participate in FG, Orr, EotM chains or are there nerfs incoming there too? Ban-hammers coming??

So what ANET is your vision about champs and farming them? What is your opinion of zerging and trains? Why encourage them through game design and then nerf?

I’m so confused??? 0_o

To be honest anet has a bad record with balancing rewards. I dont think one knows exactly what they will do, but all i can say, you probably wont feel very rewarded when they are done.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

If you can get rewards in the game then why would you spend $100 a month in the gem store?

Anet has nerfed every farming idea/location ever found in this game without fail.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

They “nerfed” the trains in lowbie areas because a zone full of “kitten you n00b” “y u derail train?!?!!??!?!!?!!!!1!!!1!11!!1!” and other assorted verbal diarrhea in a zone where brand new players are going to be is detrimental to the game as a whole.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I think ArenaNet’s intention of the champ loot bags was not for people to all day accumulate them in the first place but for players to get the odd one or two, or five each day as they explored.

Then people farmed them – making the value of what was inside them drop (on the TP) – so they lowered the loots a little.

Then people farmed some more. People started getting agitated with each other over who does what and who is allowed to kill a champ, and who is too slow because they couldn’t keep up with the train whilst at the same time, one person should wait for the train.

So, sorry, it’s not surprise the champ train got nerfed.

As for people saying it’s all about the gem store – remember that there is no monthly fee to this game, and that gems can also be bought via in-game gold, without obligation.

There are also many, many other champs out there in the PvE areas, as well as loot obtainable from PvP tracks now, and there’s still WvW & EotM zerging if you miss button 1 bashing.

For the people that screamed and shouted and swore at players for killing a champ – I say they have nobody to blame but themselves.

(p.s. this topic should and probably will get merged)

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

They nerf them because the people farming have, 9 times out of 10, very poor attitudes to those around them.
The people who take offense then come onto the forums and complain.
The one with the loudest complaint is the one that is heard.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I’m confused.

Two remain for awhile

I’m so confused??? 0_o

Answer is NO to farming. What don’t you understand about that? They said from beta they don’t believe in farming. They have it so you only get one champ bag a day from them, not every 20 minutes, that was an exploit.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

There are champs all through the game so man up and go do the harder ones elsewhere. They put the reason in the patch notes and it seems reasonable enough.

And if they really took away the Queensdale champs because people were being pricks to each other then let the lesson be if you kids can’t play nice together then the toys will be taken away. Its not like they haven’t done it before.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

They said why they made the most recent change in the patch notes. Basically someone made a good argument on why they should be removed and they listened.

This change is being made to ensure new players focus on learning the core game experience.

While I do think they don’t want you to farm extensively I don’t think that is the reason why they removed them from the low level areas.

Note: I have nothing against champ farms in high level areas.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Hanzlo.3148

Hanzlo.3148

If they want players to focus on learning the core game experience , they need to give players much better rewards, not few boxes and a green wtf is that kitten.

Increase reward for team effort and you will increase number of players willing to do it.
If you take reward away from events no one is going to play it.

Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day.Live and die on this day.
Gunnar’s Hold – [ACID]

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If you can get rewards in the game then why would you spend $100 a month in the gem store?

Anet has nerfed every farming idea/location ever found in this game without fail.

If that’s what they think, then they’re seriously misguided. Rewards keep people playing once the newness is gone. People aren’t going to spend because the game is unrewarding, they’re likely to quit. However, people who can be enticed to play are more likely to spend. Perhaps they know that they’ve got very little to offer and are trying to stretch the rewards out as much as possible to buy time to come up with the next time waster to keep people playing and paying. More likely, there was another reason.

Unfortunately, people are human and have faults. I posted several times that continued complaints of bad behavior would lead to ANet wrecking the trains. Now, that’s exactly what’s happened. When people kitten in their own bed, they only have themselves to blame.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Chasing The Banners Of Acheron

Running the Pavlov Train in Queensdale was as much a curse for the people doing it as for anyone else.

I understand the compulsion and spent plenty of time running the Queensdale circuit myself, but it was never healthy for players or the game economy and my only complaint about them shutting it down is that they didn’t do it months sooner.

If the rest of the game isn’t worth playing, the champ trains are a waste of time anyway.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Anet made decent loot appear so rarely that players became akin to starving people, desperately gorging on champion boxes in the faint hope that something appeared in them. The champ train was a symptom of player “reward starvation” and a large amount of learned helplessness. Why do complex events like tequatl and 3 headed wurm when those give next to nothing in return. Far better to simply run round in a boring circle while watching tv and to collect a hundred champ boxes in the hope of something by raw force of numbers.

GW2 is built around giving nothing and taking all our time and the culmination of this is events like the new queens gauntlet, which are the perfection of this punishing philosophy.

We learned that the mystic forge hates us. We learned that RNG hates us, but now we don’t event get drops in our events for the rng to happen in.

The game hates us – that’s how I feel at the moment and I don’t understand how it can have come to this. I want to play, but its as if I am being told to go play something else – why is this?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Chasing The Banners Of Acheron

If the rest of the game isn’t worth playing, the champ trains are a waste of time anyway.

Excellent point this. If the Champ Train is the only reason some of the people (who have threatened to leave the game) to stay, what are they aiming for? A Legendary? Ascended gear? To do what? Farm more because the rest is rubbish?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I’m sorry, but I just love how so many players SPEAK FOR ANET and why they nerf this or that. You have no clue, honestly. These are your opinions only, nothing more.

I feel sorry for those whose only pleasure is seeing others unhappy.

Kythan, I understand your confusion. In every LS content released, it is all made for zerg play and huge groups of players, which to me, with all the nerfs, is counter to some of the things they do otherwise. I say this as the Queen’s Jubilee opens again… that is the very “event” that got me started on zerg play. Until then, I had been happily just playing the game, completely unaware that you could even have more than 4g in your bank account.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

This game started out with High Aspirations. And from Open beta when I joined til release and several Months after was an awesome experience. The Community at least in Carnished Toast was pretty nice and friendly, the RP crowd was helpful to new players, they even helped people that never Rileplayed, to get into it. Veterans were very helpful to newbs with information…… This was Gw2 as I left it.

I went to play another game for a while…i came back about a year later to a new phenomenon. The “Champion Train.” Now, I know that people group together to tackle hard content. Even so so content is easier with a Bunch of people in it. But The things that got me were…people had the Champions timed. They had a circuit, and they repeated it over and over and over….

I saw the hammer coming on this day one. I started telling people don’t get used to it. Then something happened…..

Me and a couple of friends were taking down the Champion Troll… and I see My name on map chat…

" so and so… and a few of her " Intellectually deprived and born with less ability to think" friends. ( The real word would be edited but it rhymes with Hard and starts with re- )… Are taking down The troll out of turn, what a Bunch of a******s… "

I Knew that this is too toxic for newplayers coming in the game, the entitled attitude… of " we own all the Champions tackle them with us or be Cyberbullied." was too much.

Group for tough content…sure. But be nice to players around you… as someone else said…The Champion Riders were warned all over the place, but they would not listen, so the beat stick came down and now they cry?

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“So what ANET is your vision about champs and farming them? What is your opinion of zerging and trains? Why encourage them through game design and then nerf?”

They blundered in the loot balancing when they gave out champion purses. After lowering the purse rewards a few times they’ve finally started sorting it out properly.
Their vision for farming is the same as it always has been. Players can fight in any size ‘train’ against scaling events that give greater rewards and greater challenge when more people are present. Orr was specifically designed for this. The scaling isn’t always great but that’s still better than zergs fighting non-scaling group challenges for the highest rewards.

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

^ This.
They already started to nerf down to the ground anything profitable to farm.
They nerfed the crit damage, resulting in less damage overall, which means more time to finish dungeons => gold from dungeons rewards now flows into the economy slower.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/phoenix-weapons-new-faces-and-more-in-the-gem-store/

Get More Gold!

Remember that you can exchange gems and gold at our currency exchange on the second tab of the Black Lion Trading Company! Currently, you can get 1 gold for about 15 gems and 50 gold for about 670 gems!

How convenient…
Looks like soon there won’t be any other way to obtain gold but through gems only.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I’m sorry, but I just love how so many players SPEAK FOR ANET and why they nerf this or that. You have no clue, honestly. These are your opinions only, nothing more.

I feel sorry for those whose only pleasure is seeing others unhappy.

Kythan, I understand your confusion. In every LS content released, it is all made for zerg play and huge groups of players, which to me, with all the nerfs, is counter to some of the things they do otherwise. I say this as the Queen’s Jubilee opens again… that is the very “event” that got me started on zerg play. Until then, I had been happily just playing the game, completely unaware that you could even have more than 4g in your bank account.

All you need do is read A.Net’s blog posts with an objective eye. They have stated all this before, nothing is new.

In GW1, A.net put in a nerf code, so the more you run over one area, the less you get. That was a fact. It is in GW2 also but does not work as well. So, they look at all the people running the Champ Trains and just nerfed them into oblivion because the code was not working.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Arenanet doesn’t like to have rewarding content because it makes people less likely to buy stuff from the gem store.

Or less likely to buy gems to get the enormous amount of gold one needs to buy skins these days from the TP. It’s the D3 auction house all over again.

And then when they do add something as a repeat, the make it a grind. ie the 1600 coins needed for the skins being available once again in the vendors.

Can we not have good rewards from doing normal things? Can we not get good currency from doing the things you had us do while leveling, or map completion, or even spending the achievement points we have? because you know all those things have been done before and have worked quite well for other titles in the past.

Can it really be so difficult a thing to find a happy medium between buying things direct from the TP for everything we need to do (like crafting ascended or back pieces) or grinding out currency forever as the only option when logging in? I just did the 6 boss event tonight. Got 2 greens and 3 coins. really? seriously? and people think that’s okay?

The other thing that bothers me is people keep misusing the casual word. Exactly where in this game casual because I’d love to know. Eotm isn’t casual, it’s PVP, it might not happen on all servers but there are gangs that show up and pvp you while trying to do trains. Dungeoneering, a system that wasn’t ever supposed to be the focus of the game, gives 5-6 times more loot than anything in the PVE open world. So I’ll ask again, to these people who keep mislabeling this game, where is the casual PVE open world stuff if this game is so casual, because all I keep seeing is a dungeoneer/fractals/WvW/PvP focus all with extremely great rewards systems that you can’t find in the place they claimed would be THE key focus at launch. They even explained their reasons why they wouldn’t be dungeon focused and yet here we are farming champs everywhere other than in the PVE open world for better rewards. Why is that I wonder if the world is so casual. hmmm.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

^ This.
They already started to nerf down to the ground anything profitable to farm.
They nerfed the crit damage, resulting in less damage overall, which means more time to finish dungeons => gold from dungeons rewards now flows into the economy slower.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/phoenix-weapons-new-faces-and-more-in-the-gem-store/

Get More Gold!

Remember that you can exchange gems and gold at our currency exchange on the second tab of the Black Lion Trading Company! Currently, you can get 1 gold for about 15 gems and 50 gold for about 670 gems!

How convenient…
Looks like soon there won’t be any other way to obtain gold but through gems only.

Well aren’t you being overly dramatic.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

snip…

I’m so confused??? 0_o

Been almost 2 years, and the vision that existed before release has become muddied and lacks cohesion as erratic changes are implemented with apparently no mature understanding of marketing, no obvious indication of analyzing potential consequences, and apparently aimed at no particular customer segment.

Add in no statement from ANet regarding any vision.

Not convinced one exists anymore other than the obvious need for revenue. Usually “visions” are held by business leaders, who then promote and share those visions, while ensuring that their product, or in this case, their services, act in a way that maintains the integrity of that vision.

Right now, it’s hard to get past the overriding perception that “floundering” (at multiple levels – design/business decisions) is the new “vision”.

I think this change which supposedly benefits new players, is just one more indication.

That was a good question though.

Would love to see a real answer before the very last of my interest in this game is gone.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Anet made decent loot appear so rarely that players became akin to starving people, desperately gorging on champion boxes in the faint hope that something appeared in them. The champ train was a symptom of player “reward starvation” and a large amount of learned helplessness. Why do complex events like tequatl and 3 headed wurm when those give next to nothing in return. Far better to simply run round in a boring circle while watching tv and to collect a hundred champ boxes in the hope of something by raw force of numbers.

GW2 is built around giving nothing and taking all our time and the culmination of this is events like the new queens gauntlet, which are the perfection of this punishing philosophy.

We learned that the mystic forge hates us. We learned that RNG hates us, but now we don’t event get drops in our events for the rng to happen in.

The game hates us – that’s how I feel at the moment and I don’t understand how it can have come to this. I want to play, but its as if I am being told to go play something else – why is this?

Very well said, and dead on accurate.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

ANet introduced Champ bags because before, nobody was bothering killing Champions or doing Group Events with Champs because the time and difficulty needed to take one down wasn’t worthwhile in terms of reward.

The problem was that people then twigged onto the idea that on a map with lots of Champions, one could just farm them in a rotation non-stop for lots of rewards and minimal risk (in a zerg). ANet likely don’t mind players killing Champs a few times, but farming the same Champs for hours on end? That was unhealthy.

Personally though, I’d have introduced diminishing returns on Champ kills to encourage players to move on after a few times.

1. The first two times you kill a specific Champ, you get an Exotic Champ bag.

2. The 3rd and 4th time you kill a Champ, you get a scaled Champ loot bag appropriate for the map you’re on. (So in Queensdale, you’d get a white Champ loot bag, while in Sparkfly Fen, you’d get a yellow Champ loot bag.)

3. On 5th and subsequent kills, Champs no longer drop loot.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

imo, every player have the right to kill champs. i do however occasionally join champ train in order to get monthly or daily done. Whenever i am in those map, i saw some players yew on map chat that someone slayed a champ. I feel sick of this attitude.

When did the good player coop friendly culture get changed? i may get affected by not able finish champ kill achievement easily when i am busy with life. But i am glad Anet does pay attention to this issue. I don’t think this is the solution but at least something at this moment.

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

No, what anet has done is allowed the mindless, repetitive farming of champs to go on for so long that people have become reliant on such a broken system and have started to believe that what they were doing deserved rewards.

It seems evident that you do not even do Teq or Wurm. Teq/Wurm and Karka get completed within 15 minutes by a coordinated group and you’ll be swimming in rares and loot chests if you made the effort to get organized.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

It seems evident that you do not even do Teq or Wurm. Teq/Wurm and Karka get completed within 15 minutes by a coordinated group and you’ll be swimming in rares and loot chests if you made the effort to get organized.

Funny thing that. I did Karka queen and Teq just tonight. got a grand total of 4 yellows. Your “swimming” statement is laughably exagerated.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: unicorngirl.1487

unicorngirl.1487

This is hilarious. Finally, people will stop sending my guildies death threats for daring to kill a monster in a game.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

wait…. wait…. wait…. on my sever we treat each other pretty well. Our Qd champs trains were fun and inclusive events. One could always find banners, buffs, and foods.

For negativity, there was far more against the people in the train. There are some players that like nothing more than to cause suffering. Players that are jealous of others and will do anything they can to disrupt them. Those are the individuals that are caustic. How or better yet why, the Dev’s gave into them, I have no idea. The game will continue to diminish if they continue to give in to those individuals.

For rewards in game, they yet again buffed FotM. I don’t understand why the dev’s want to promote instanced play so much. I specifically bought an open world game. Yet, the open world is the least economically rewarding place to play.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

While I do support gutting farm trains….the reason I don’t buy. ‘We want to make players learn the game’………flash forward 50 hours and behold the challenging content that will test the skills you’ve honed over the past 80 lvls….stack skip stack skip stack skip stack profit -_-. I’m sorry but there’s no reason to learn to play the game-just learn the ex….ah…don’t want to get infarcted again…erm…particular ‘clever use of walls’ for the particular dungeon and you’re good.

Also….for the love of God, realize that the game has very little difference in terms of motivation for playing, than say diablo 3 (i.e. it’s all about the loot-you missed out big on the rpg aspect for a great many people) so make the loot fun…I would add ‘again’ but that would be incorrect. Nerfing champs? Fine. Removing champs? Also fine. Diminishing returns? Fine again. Now that you’ve done all that…make it so when we do kill stuff it actually gets us excited, and I’d be A-OK.

Ah…basically supporting what Chrono said.

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I am confused as well…because the new skill point trait system, we need a ton of skill points to ‘buy’ our traits now. The quickest way to get the extra was the trains…now what? Sorry Anet, but your implementation of getting the traits was ridiculous and then to charge us way more gold AND skill points, then you take away the simplest way to get the points…I am baffled.

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

I am confused as well…because the new skill point trait system, we need a ton of skill points to ‘buy’ our traits now. The quickest way to get the extra was the trains…now what? Sorry Anet, but your implementation of getting the traits was ridiculous and then to charge us way more gold AND skill points, then you take away the simplest way to get the points…I am baffled.

Coming soon to the gem store: Instant skill point scrolls.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Yeah, they nerfed the train. Everyone that has played this game since launch knew this was going to happen because they nerf every single farm. There’s always a publicity reason, though the real reason is to limit players’ ability to earn money in game therefore increasing their sales of gems/gold transfers.

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

The Queensdale train simply had to go. It was not a beginner friendly map in the least. The Frostgorge should have remained intact though. It was an end game area and not a lot going on that the train would have ruined.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

The Queensdale train simply had to go. It was not a beginner friendly map in the least. The Frostgorge should have remained intact though. It was an end game area and not a lot going on that the train would have ruined.

The FGS train is just fine, I like the trio, you get a box from each boss body drop and a 4th delivered on side of screen,

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: nightcat.2936

nightcat.2936

So far I saw enough discontent about this change. Yes, I’m also a player who is not in agreement with it. For some ppl the “trains” where useless, that’s ok I respect that and their reasons, but just let me ask… what’s the problem about looking for fun the way I want and not the way THEY want? Another question: what was Anet thinking when they gave the reason of the change? Please, don’t tell me that after 2 years they said “ohh, the poor new players, they need to explore more” come on people, we can like or dislike, but being treated like brainless persons… that’s sad, really. And if after 2 years they (Anet) arrived to that conclusion, it seems they are doing something wrong then.
So, again Anet, why don’t let the players find their own way to play instead of forcing them to do what you want, moreover like now, major and very ilogical change, after 2 years. When things like this happens, it comes a time when certain ppl says “ok stop” and they leave the game. I just wanna say stop of being conformists justifying any change made just with meaningless arguments, that will not give us precisely a reward. Yes for the changes that the community claims and no for those ones only to restrict the fun.

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

If you liked or disliked the train is somewhat irrelevant.

The real point is Anet removing player created content. Perhaps if we had any type of viable content patches after a year and a half this would not be such a big deal.

But, since this game is almost identical today as it was at launch content wise – yes many people are upset about you limiting activities many enjoy.

There is such little content to do in this game it’s mind blowing – especially for its age.

Before you lose your remaining players I think you should worry more about creating fresh new content instead reducing further the amount of things players can do.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Quoted for truth.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I think, they have to nerf it just for abusive players. How can this be done?
They have to revert the changes back about champ loot bags, and introduce a daily loot bag drop limit. So, excessive farming players won’t get champ loot bags after a point, while normal players get their better loots easier without farming.

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

Quoted for truth.

Shame but true.

Think this patch might have been the straw that broke the camels back for me.

So much wasted potential with this game but in its current form it simple is becoming more and more cash shop based with less and less rewards for actually playing the game.

The definition of insanity is doing the same action over and over and expecting different results. Over a year and a half of “giving Anet time to get things right” is long enough.

The direction this game has taken is simply a cash grab with rehashed content and little to no reward for the players.

That is something I am not interested in.

Good luck all time – to seek other options for me.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

No, what anet has done is allowed the mindless, repetitive farming of champs to go on for so long that people have become reliant on such a broken system and have started to believe that what they were doing deserved rewards.

Oh the irony. So instead of the champtrain you are advocating the worldboss train. It’s the same bloody thing, but worse as it is on someone elses, read anet, timeschedule.
Killing worldbosses is also mindless and repetitive. The only hard thing about world bosses is that it requires someone with organisational skills for some of them. Teq certainly isn’t difficult. The wurm probably isn’t either, but both require someone telling people what to do.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I think the thing that bothers me the most is that even though many abuse the trains and events that are, shall we say, a bit to generous, many of us just like to play the game. This makes those of us suffer because we now cannot just run across a tougher boss and get well deserved credit for it. A better option for trains would have been to make pre-events that had to be triggered randomly so as to eliminate the constant zerging and instead add flavor to the world.

I for one never partook of the “ember farm”, the “don’t kill the walls event” or any of the other overly lucrative events I do however like to venture forth and partake of what I find along the way. It seems lately though that I should have farmed these events because even the living world events are now giving nothing for my effort.

ANet you have a very pretty game, but the most aesthetically pleasing game still has to have substance and this explorer is now feeling punished for the actions of others.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

You can farm champs. Just not in the 1-15 areas.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Anet is fine with people killing champions, they clearly just don’t want people running around killing the same ones over and over.

And honestly, good riddance to most of the champions that got downgraded. Now that kitten ed krait in northeast Caledon won’t be such a nuisance.

Posted by: Milop.6943

Milop.6943

LOL
Disabling farming champions in starting area… it’s a end of the world….
Or do you like play like zombie? 1+1+1+1+WP+1+1+1+1+WP+etc.
Dungeos, WvWvW, TP economy, bosses, play the game elsewhere than starting area?
No sub, personal choice of buying gems…
Or you may quit…farewell

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Anet is fine with people killing champions, they clearly just don’t want people running around killing the same ones over and over.

They certainly do want that – as long as the champs give no loot, and are Anet Approved part of the current LS release.

Dungeos, WvWvW, TP economy, bosses, play the game elsewhere than starting area?

Because heaven forbid someone played the game differntly than you do.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Milop.6943

Milop.6943

That’s but your problem, not Anet’s.
I do not understand why farming in starting areas over an over, that must be boring. It is no wonder then…

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Quoted for truth
GW2 was never really about loot at launch and this was fine by me
However it has become quite ridiculous in a game where everything is based on gold and looks.
I have never actually played a game that makes you go through such lengths just to be able to afford stuff
That Anet then talk about such things as reward loops is quite baffling to me

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I dunno or understand what some of you speak about.

‘Anet don’t want us to farm so we can spend our $$$ on Gem-store’
Well for me I havent farmed or Grinded any content accept during one LS and that was max one hour. I have played the game since 3-days headstart and I have never transfered Gems to Gold. I have never fealt the need to farm or grind any content in this game and still in my opinion the only grind there is in this game is Dungeon gear. But now I have almost got my full TA set and that is by playing Dungeons by helping friends with dungeons or trying them out with my alts and so on. I hate to farm and grind becouse I find it booring so I just don’t do that, as soon as I find myself doing something I find booring I stop doing it and go do something else.

I may be wrong but dindn’t Anet say that they didn’t wan’t people to farm in this game? So by nerfing champions and making Champs to Vet’s in starter zones is one direction on keeping people to farm. Then people comes and say ‘This is supposed to be a sanbox game and I can’t do whatever I like!’ Well… First of all when they do soemthing “wrong” you call this game a “supposed to be a sanbox game” and when they do something good but not as good as you wanted you call this game a “Themepark game”. Second, by saying this is a sanbox game does that mean you should be able to cheat, use Exploits and hack the game as much as you like? No? I am pretty sure that things like Queensdale farm was a mild form of exploit since it wasn’t working as inteded but people used it as a good way to speed up the amount of mats and gold they earned.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]