Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

There are things that you have done that are confusing and I’d really like to know the thought process behind how these decisions were made and why they were made…..

WHY?

1. Why did you make town clothes into tonics instead of Dye-able outfits?!
  2. Why aren’t we able to craft aqua-breathers, similar to the new crafting backpacks?
  3. Why, after two years, are aqua-breathers still not dye-able?
  4. Why are there no lower level “celestial” gem recipes, that can go into the new backpacks seeing as they can have celestial stats but are too low for the L80 celestial gems via jewel crafting?
  5. Why are outfit head pieces linked to our regular helmet for toggling on/off? This means I can’t wear an outfit with a different headgear.
  6. Why was the Tribal outfit never added for PvE and currently removed from PvP? Will this ever make it to PvE as an actual armor? I’ve been wanting to mix/match it on my necromancer for years now.
  7. Why are there still crafting materials from two years ago that still don’t have crafting tabs for them, such as all the doubloons? Unidentified Amber could use a tab too, same with foxfire clusters and blade shards.
  8. Why does it take far more material to make damask bolts then elonian leather. This is rather unbalanced for cloth wearers. It would be a great gesture to have the amount of silk needed brought in line with the leather needed.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I was ready to come and tell someone off for whining. But all of these are actually completely reasonable. +1 for rational requests/questions.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Deikun.6409

Deikun.6409

1. My best assumption would be time crunch. Let’s make these items armor skins, lets make these items outfits, but we’re running out of time so let’s just make all of this stuff tonics. The fact they offered gem refunds in the post introducing this change tells me they knew it wasn’t going to be very popular.

2/3. Underwater Combat is, I assume, basically non-existent for Anet right now. The biggest attention it’s ever gotten was the rare breathers from Teq, and a few months after that Raid on the Capricorn was ripped out of PvP, and we continue to not get water weapon skins from newly introduced sets. I have a feeling if they could, Underwater Combat would have been cut from the game like Town Clothes.

4. I’m thinking the the fact that the crafted backpacks aren’t level 80 is to not undervalue the ones you make at 80, and the stat boosts are to counter that in some way. Almost all of the level 80 back pieces are ascended, so perhaps they’re trying to make it not seem silly you need a stack of T6 mats to make most of ’em.

5. My guess is that outfits work essentially as temporary armor skins. They don’t go over your armor, they ARE your armor. So hiding your normal helmet will also hide your outfit helmet because they’re the same thing. Why they didn’t go a step farther and just, I dunno, make ’em all armor pieces, I dunno. Maybe linked to the time crunch mentioned above.

6. Not only Tribal, but I think 3 full armor sets are essentially locked for a lot of players who didn’t get them before the first feature patch. I managed to make all of them myself, but it’s certainly not a good point that they removed 3 armor sets and have yet to even address it.

7. No place to put them, maybe? Perhaps a UI person didn’t want to risk messing up the grids for a few silly mats.

8. The original intention was to make silk worth more, since it was so bloody common. I remember myself just throwing it out every time I got some. But you know what else I also do that with? Leather. Why they thought it needed to drive silk up but not leather confounds me to no end. The fact that Damask (which is so needed by all armor professions) is what, 20 gold, and Elonian leather is like 2 is a little silly and incredibly disproportionate. But I don’t expect them to back peddle on this anytime soon, they think it’s wonderful a T5 mat is more expensive than it’s T6 counterpart.

And to add a possible 9: Why aren’t WvW season tickets in the wallet? They’re obviously here to stay, why not put them in the wallet? Is someone so fascinated by the 4×4 grid that they wouldn’t dream of messing it up or something?

(edited by Deikun.6409)

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

Wonderful topic and great questions OP. There are many more, I am sure.

GW2 hasn’t been holistically developed in the last 2 years, there’s a lot fragmentation of concepts and inconsistencies of design creeping into the game.

GW2 has a bunch of inexplicable and often inconsistent design elements.

• Why do some items (like Guild Banners or Skill Point Objects) have a pop up window and others don’t?
  • Why make so many in-game items non-salvageable or non-vendor-able? (If you disable salvage on reward or loot item, just slap a 1 copper value to the item so it will at least show up in the vendor window)
  • Why “streamline” Personal Stories but still have some of them send the player back and forth between zones just to talk?
  • Why not just make the starter Profession custom gear (Engineer’s Backpack, Guardian’s Helm, etc.) items into skins, which would not require a transmutation points to use?
  • Why doesn’t the “match my level” filter in the TP actually just match my level?
  • Why can’t the game stop giving me Spoons I already have collected?
  • Why are Collections (like Spoons) handled differently than other collections?
  • Why does the new “helper” arrow insist on pointing out the nearest event instead of something more useful, like a Skill Point or Vista? (the priority is a problem when trying to clear maps)
  • Why make NPC’s like the Battle Historian so hard to find (visually)? (Better yet, why require the player to have to visit the NPC in the first place?)

(edited by Kuldebar.1897)

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Imaginos.3756

Snip for length…

Rebuttal (good replies by the way)

1) they had to fuse the armors together to make the tonic in the first place and outfits are just fused armors so there should have been very little that needed to be done for outfit instead of tonic.

2/3) Yet they went and added various re-breathers for the new level up rewards so it’s not quite a non-existent thing for Anet.

4) the stats of the new backpacks, even at L78 are a tad bit better then any other backpack, once you include a lower tier gem, so why was the Celestial one left out in the cold as there is no lower tier celestial gem? It is silly how much materials the Ascended backpieces use.

5) This is probably very true, why they didn’t take that extra step and make the helment toggle-able from the outfit tab/area is weird.

6) 3 sets huh? That totally sucks and I wish they’d put them into PvE so people could get ahold of them. Via crafting, or a quest chain or something interesting.

7) They removed a bunch of grids recently with the removal of mini-pets going into the bank. They could have added them then and they also kept adding some new materials but not all of them. Perhaps the UI guy needs to get back on this?

8) Yet leather was far more common and cheaper then silk as you mentioned so this change makes no sense at all. They should backpedal but I’m betting like you that won’t happen.

9) Ohh good addition, why aren’t wvw tickets in the wallet?

Oh Devs please grace us with an answer to these confounding questions.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There are things that you have done that are confusing and I’d really like to know the thought process behind how these decisions were made and why they were made…..

WHY?

1. Why did you make town clothes into tonics instead of Dye-able outfits?!
  2. Why aren’t we able to craft aqua-breathers, similar to the new crafting backpacks?
  3. Why, after two years, are aqua-breathers still not dye-able?
  4. Why are there no lower level “celestial” gem recipes, that can go into the new backpacks seeing as they can have celestial stats but are too low for the L80 celestial gems via jewel crafting?
  5. Why are outfit head pieces linked to our regular helmet for toggling on/off? This means I can’t wear an outfit with a different headgear.
  6. Why was the Tribal outfit never added for PvE and currently removed from PvP? Will this ever make it to PvE as an actual armor? I’ve been wanting to mix/match it on my necromancer for years now.
  7. Why are there still crafting materials from two years ago that still don’t have crafting tabs for them, such as all the doubloons? Unidentified Amber could use a tab too, same with foxfire clusters and blade shards.
  8. Why does it take far more material to make damask bolts then elonian leather. This is rather unbalanced for cloth wearers. It would be a great gesture to have the amount of silk needed brought in line with the leather needed.

1) Probably easier to classify armor and outfits which skin armor as usable outside of cities than to have outfits that are city only. They probably data mined that for the vast number of players, time spent in a city is relatively small as well as wearing town clothing, thus the two hour limit.
2) Fair point, only slotted piece we can’t craft.
3) See 2.
4) Because along with Legendary and Ascended, it was meant to be a Level 80 look.
5) Likely because that’s how the character model generation code works. Head with and without head piece, not with or without skin.
6) Valid question.
7) Another good question since they drop and not bought from an NPC.
8) Probably because when the recipe was developed, silk was plentiful? But yes, it’s still twice as much T5 cloth as leather. Plus on top of that it’s used everywhere for insignia which bolstered demand to the point where silk scrapes are in short supply while leather is only used for “basic” armor components for light and medium. Maybe in the future there will be a need for Elonian Leather Squares as great as Damask has with insignia. There’s 11 million Thick Leather Sections on the TP, 1.5 million at vendor adjusted minimum versus 275K of Silk Scrap and nearly 400K drop in supply since the announcement of profession skewed drops.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

Why is the style section of the Black Lion a vertical listing with large icons rather than a grid, or a listing like in the trade post or merchant? Clicking one brings up the preview regardless, to me it seems like the Gem Store has an unnecessarilly bloated interface.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Imaginos.3756

Wonderful topic and great questions OP. There are many more, I am sure.

GW2 hasn’t been holistically developed in the last 2 years, there’s a lot fragmentation of concepts and inconsistencies of design creeping into the game.

GW2 has a bunch of inexplicable and often inconsistent design elements.

• Why do some items (like Guild Banners or Skill Point Objects) have a pop up window and others don’t?
  • Why make so many in-game items non-salvageable or non-vendor-able? (If you disable salvage on reward or loot item, just slap a 1 copper value to the item so it will at least show up in the vendor window)
  • Why “streamline” Personal Stories but still have some of them send the player back and forth between zones just to talk?
  • Why not just make the starter Profession custom gear (Engineer’s Backpack, Guardian’s Helm, etc.) items into skins, which would not require a transmutation points to use?
  • Why doesn’t the “match my level” filter in the TP actually just match my level?
  • Why can’t the game stop giving me Spoons I already have collected?
  • Why are Collections (like Spoons) handled differently than other collections?
  • Why does the new “helper” arrow insist on pointing out the nearest event instead of something more useful, like a Skill Point or Vista? (the priority is a problem when trying to clear maps)
  • Why make NPC’s like the Battle Historian so hard to find (visually)? (Better yet, why require the player to have to visit the NPC in the first place?)

Some nice additions here I do hope an ArenaNet Dev will see this even if we don’t get a response.

Why is the style section of the Black Lion a vertical listing with large icons rather than a grid, or a listing like in the trade post or merchant? Clicking one brings up the preview regardless, to me it seems like the Gem Store has an unnecessarilly bloated interface.

Interesting question. I wonder how it would look as a grid with the info below the items and the preview window still on the left. I wish we could zoom the preview window too. Hard to really see how something looks with a tiny image.

1) Probably easier to classify armor and outfits which skin armor as usable outside of cities than to have outfits that are city only. They probably data mined that for the vast number of players, time spent in a city is relatively small as well as wearing town clothing, thus the two hour limit.
2) Fair point, only slotted piece we can’t craft.
3) See 2.
4) Because along with Legendary and Ascended, it was meant to be a Level 80 look.
5) Likely because that’s how the character model generation code works. Head with and without head piece, not with or without skin.
6) Valid question.
7) Another good question since they drop and not bought from an NPC.
8) Probably because when the recipe was developed, silk was plentiful? But yes, it’s still twice as much T5 cloth as leather. Plus on top of that it’s used everywhere for insignia which bolstered demand to the point where silk scrapes are in short supply while leather is only used for “basic” armor components for light and medium. Maybe in the future there will be a need for Elonian Leather Squares as great as Damask has with insignia. There’s 11 million Thick Leather Sections on the TP, 1.5 million at vendor adjusted minimum versus 275K of Silk Scrap and nearly 400K drop in supply since the announcement of profession skewed drops.

1) Fair point. I can see how they may have wanted town clothes to only be worn in town, though the loss of the ability to color the outfit is terrible and I never see anyone use these tonics anywhere in town or out of town.

I think they’d get more life from them if they’d convert them to outfits…this would also promote that you get a free outfit in the game and not all of them being gem-store bought. Everyone could at least look a little different with various colored outfit-town-clothes then all the same.

4) But they aren’t L80. They’re L78, heh. At least adding a weaker celestial gem creation would give Jewelry something new as they don’t have crafting to 500 yet.

5) Yes but they had to code the outfit interface and could have coded it in at that time. They just for some reason chose not to. /shrug

8) Agreed. Hope they do something about both these issues.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Deikun.6409

Deikun.6409

The Gem store certainly served its purpose on launch, but I do think it has vastly outgrown itself. If I remember right, a vast majority of Town clothes were removed from the gem store because they took up a LOT of room, and with the current layout that lead to a lot of scrolling. That or the plan to strip town clothes out of the game started long before the feature patch.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Why aren’t there more unique, strange, interesting rewards to be found?
Why can’t there be more Regional achievements now that the section is there?
Why can’t I shave charr?
Why do we need Guild Halls in order to talk about GvG?
. . . why do we need Guild Halls at all?
Why did people not expect “night capping” to be a thing in WvW when it was described as a 24 hour persistent matchup?
Why Fractals?
Why not more Fractals?
Why a miniature arctic fox pup but no foxes anywhere?
Why, why, why, why, why isn’t there more to the “Personality” after two years?
Why take out Town Clothes for being underutilized with the wardrobe revamp, but the Personality system persists despite it doing nothing?
Why am I not allowed to load asura into trebuchets yet?
Why am I not allowed to load asura into catapults?
Why is Taimi still allowed to be running around when she’s supposed to be studying?
Why require the effort of making another Ascended weapon to unlock the other colors instead of just Mystic Forge + Material 1 + Material 2 + Dye?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

I think this is for the lower levels in-which many levels only have gear of one stat combo or rarity on the tp.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

I think this is for the lower levels in-which many levels only have gear of one stat combo or rarity on the tp.

There’s still a customization filter, but I just suggest that “match my level” does exactly what it says it does, that’s all.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

37) Why are Alt and Shift still not bind-able but locked for one purpose. (to annoy players that pinkey shift)

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Op is complaining about Bolt of Damask and it’s craft requirement?

It does hit Cloth users?

Well, I always thought that you use Bolt of Damask while crafting plate and leather armor parts too.

Looks like my recipes are bugged….

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

It does hit Cloth users?

Well, I always thought that you use Bolt of Damask while crafting plate and leather armor parts too.

I complained as well while finishing my heavy, but your complain doesn’t make his complain less valid. While you need 3 damask, he needs 8. That’s 8 of the same material… its always easier to mix mats instead having loads of the same.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I don’t have answers for a lot of the questions posed here, and I think most of them are all quite valid. In regards to this, though, you can make the compass work for you with map completion. Options → Content Guide → Hide Events and Personal Story … this will make it only point to map areas you haven’t explored.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Imaginos.3756

I don’t have answers for a lot of the questions posed here, and I think most of them are all quite valid. In regards to this, though, you can make the compass work for you with map completion. Options -> Content Guide -> Hide Events and Personal Story … this will make it only point to map areas you haven’t explored.

That’s a nice trick. Thanks for posting that.

Why can’t I shave charr?
Why do we need Guild Halls in order to talk about GvG?
. . . why do we need Guild Halls at all?
Why did people not expect “night capping” to be a thing in WvW when it was described as a 24 hour persistent matchup?
Why Fractals?
Why not more Fractals?
Why take out Town Clothes for being underutilized with the wardrobe revamp, but the Personality system persists despite it doing nothing?
Why am I not allowed to load asura into trebuchets yet?
Why am I not allowed to load asura into catapults?
Why is Taimi still allowed to be running around when she’s supposed to be studying?
Why require the effort of making another Ascended weapon to unlock the other colors instead of just Mystic Forge + Material 1 + Material 2 + Dye?

Some of these are pretty good questions, others are facetious.

Good questions: (imo of course)

Good questions with “time” probably being the answer….which I think can be a weak excuse as that time could be budgeted in.

Why not more Fractals?

Side note: Guild Halls were a place for guilds to meet up and chat/spar/RP in guild wars 1. That would be a nice addition to gw2.

It does hit Cloth users?

I complained as well while finishing my heavy, but your complain doesn’t make his complain less valid. While you need 3 damask, he needs 8. That’s 8 of the same material… its always easier to mix mats instead having loads of the same.

Well said. I sympathize with anyone having to make Bolts of Damask, but cloth wearers do have to make nearly 3x as many as the other armor wearers do.

(edited by Imaginos.3756)

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

That’s how I work. I don’t take this game too seriously or I wind up insane and drinking.

Or maybe sane and drinking, it’s hard to tell some days.

Side note: Guild Halls were a place for guilds to meet up and chat/spar/RP in guild wars 1. That would be a nice addition to gw2.

We’re talking about it in the CDI but I still haven’t heard many good compelling reasons why to devote a huge chunk to that content when we could push for other content.

I would like Guild Halls, personally, just for fun. But when I see people talking about how starved we are for content . . . and we’re looking at getting people to put a lot of time and energy into Guild Halls . . .

I just have to step outside the whole thing and go: “Why?”

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

You can have both at once, you know
<80 -5+5 lvl range , 80 = 80!!! and not 75-80!!!

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Imaginos.3756

That’s how I work. I don’t take this game too seriously or I wind up insane and drinking.

Or maybe sane and drinking, it’s hard to tell some days.

We’re talking about it in the CDI but I still haven’t heard many good compelling reasons why to devote a huge chunk to that content when we could push for other content.

I would like Guild Halls, personally, just for fun. But when I see people talking about how starved we are for content . . . and we’re looking at getting people to put a lot of time and energy into Guild Halls . . .

I just have to step outside the whole thing and go: “Why?”

I agree I’d rather get new content or if content gets revised have it revised so people continue to visit it…I’m looking at you southsun. Such a lovey island that doesn’t get visited much due to current setup.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Imaginos.3756

From a friend, which I totally agree with.

Why isn’t there a slider in the options menu for “Max Number of Particles on Screen” at once?

Many of the particle effects seem to me to be overly excessive and if cut down some wouldn’t affect the look much if at all. That kind of slider would be far more friendly to older machines/video cards.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

From a friend, which I totally agree with.

Why isn’t there a slider in the options menu for “Max Number of Particles on Screen” at once?

Many of the particle effects seem to me to be overly excessive and if cut down some wouldn’t affect the look much if at all. That kind of slider would be far more friendly to older machines/video cards.

Actually, and this is a bit odd, but changing your Animation settings between High/Medium/Low will also alter the number of particle FX you see. For example, going from medium to low no longer shows any of my on-hit FX from Frostfang, or any of the cool streaking or trail FX. It also changes the look of some Asura gates.

Long I ago I did suggest adding a separate slider or dropdown for VFX, but sadly it hasn’t happened. I do agree that it’s something that would be beneficial for a lot of people — for example, I don’t want to lose my Legendary FX, but I would like to get rid of the cloth physics applied to bodies of water. I can’t currently do that by dropping my animation setting to low, otherwise I lose the VFX. It shouldn’t be one or the other, IMO.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Why is the maximum item stack 250? Specifically in the collections tab.

I’d be fine with it being 250 in the inventory, but the collections tab could use a higher starting value (the gem store item boosting it even more for those who really desire it). It gets filled up far too quickly.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’d be fine with it being 250 in the inventory, but the collections tab could use a higher starting value (the gem store item boosting it even more for those who really desire it). It gets filled up far too quickly.

An unsigned integer byte goes from 0 to 255. Rounded down that gets you 250.

If you don’t use partial bytes, any increase over that, even if it’s just 500 will require two bytes, effectively doubling the storage.

The greater the cap, the more storage space each item takes.

That extra storage is paid by those who the get the collection tab increases.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

If you don’t use partial bytes, any increase over that, even if it’s just 500 will require two bytes, effectively doubling the storage.

Depends if the database software they are using allows for dynamically size adjustable entry cells, if so then yes, if no then the space is already allocated to each account in “full” and for every character on the account, you just need to pay for a limit to be removed.

Dynamically sizable data cells while on the surface may appear to save space it has the negative of being more server load for the CPU & Hardware to adjust, and not just on single account but millions and at any time, so I would suggest they didn’t go that way on the basis that CPU > Storage Space, no CPU power and the whole system comes crashing down.

Server: Gate of Madness

(edited by aerial.7021)

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

The logic doesn’t really work too well though.

Consider: You’ve maxed out your collections, forcing you to use bank/inventory slots for more stacks. Each stack would be 1 byte. 10 stacks = 10 bytes. 10 stacks is 2500 items. With a 2-byte integer, you can go up to 65000. You can easily set the limit to 10000, in which case, it will still take up 2 bytes, but leaves room for expanding the stack limit without taking extra memory.

While each individual stack might take more memory, it’ll reduce the overall number of stacks present (factoring in bank/inventory slots which also take up memory).

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Dear Anet, a series of questions that are all related:::

• I can understand why ascended gear is hidden behind so many walls and takes a long time to make, but why is some exotic gear hidden behind time restrictions but most other exotic gear isn’t?
  • Why do some stats (and runes, and sigils) have to be crafted and are then account bound?
  • Why can’t we just buy them off the trading post instead of being forced to craft? (some players don’t like crafting all that much)
  • Why aren’t there Masterwork and Rare versions of many Exotic Runes/Sigils?
  • Why does crafting Ascended Leather takes less materials than crafting Ascended Cloth? Why does crafting ascended Metal take less materials than crafting Ascended Cloth?
  • Why don’t ascended versions of (at least) all lv80 exotic gear stats exist? Why don’t exotic versions of all lv80 gear stats exist (many don’t have weapons or accessories or armors, just one or two of the three)
  • Why don’t upgrade components (orbs, crests, etc.) for all lv80 gear stats exist?
  • Why does Potion of Karka Toughness give +150 Toughness, making it balanced with other Utility potions (50 more stats could be considered balanced against +10% condition duration), but Sigil of Momentum gives a maximum of +125 Toughness, making it half as effective as other stacking sigils?
  • Why do some food items give +40% condition duration for all conditions, but other foods only give +15% condition duration for only 1 condition, making the 40% food up to 32 times stronger than the 15%?

Why is Gear so inconsistent? It doesn’t make sense to me that all this time was spent on a New Player Experience to make things simpler and less confusing if gear stayed the exact same in its confusing state.

Gear(weapons/armor/runes/sigils/infusions/food/potions) is what players start to worry about when they hit level 80. All these hidden rules and exceptions for everything still confuses me, 2 years later.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Imaginos.3756

Why aren’t all runes/sigils ALSO craft-able for those who like to craft. Having to just buy a rune from the TP sucks when you like to craft. Give us both options.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

8. The original intention was to make silk worth more, since it was so bloody common. I remember myself just throwing it out every time I got some. But you know what else I also do that with? Leather. Why they thought it needed to drive silk up but not leather confounds me to no end. The fact that Damask (which is so needed by all armor professions) is what, 20 gold, and Elonian leather is like 2 is a little silly and incredibly disproportionate. But I don’t expect them to back peddle on this anytime soon, they think it’s wonderful a T5 mat is more expensive than it’s T6 counterpart.

Inb4 new ascended tier 2 gear requires more leather than silk :V

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Good questions with “time” probably being the answer….which I think can be a weak excuse as that time could be budgeted in.

Why not more Fractals?

1. Because players hate the concept of unique when it means they might not have it, and because they can’t be bothered to get the ones that exist. Also add that strange and interesting are very subjective; look at the reception of Amberite weapons.
2. These are already largely covered by Boss, Dungeon and Exploration achievements. New achievements will probably require new content. So, yeah, time.
3. People’s hate for Scarlet soured them on the most recent additions which probably soured the devs in turn. They’ve also got their hands full with new maps for Mordremoth, which I’d put a higher priority on.

Dear ArenaNet, WHY?

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Yes.

And why isn’t there a yes/no option for “Hide particle effects of other players” so the animations/effects of some (world) bosses could be seen again?

Greetings.