Dervish and Ritualist?

Dervish and Ritualist?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: malicek.9032

malicek.9032

I booted up the original Guild Wars today as I realized I only had 29/30 Hall of Monument points, and as I’m playing through on my Dervish I’m remembering how fun this class was to play. With Path of Fire coming out I feel as if the Dervish would fit right in, and although the Revenant is similar to the Dervish, it certainly is not it.

Will we ever see either the Dervish or Ritualist make a return in Guild Wars 2?

Dervish and Ritualist?

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

No.

/15 Charr

Dervish and Ritualist?

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Short answer

No, the trillionth time

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Dervish and Ritualist?

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

The Rev is based on the Ritualist as a class, but the Spell Breaker is supposed to be the Dervish surrogate. But if you really want to argue it….. the Reaper is actually as close to the Dervish in a mechanical sense as this game allows.

Dervish and Ritualist?

malicek.9032

The Rev is based on the Ritualist as a class, but the Spell Breaker is supposed to be the Dervish surrogate. But if you really want to argue it….. the Reaper is actually as close to the Dervish in a mechanical sense as this game allows.

Thank you for this, I will check out both Revenant and the Reaper Specialization!

Dervish and Ritualist?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Since the GW2 mesmer doesn’t match the GW1 mesmer, the GW2 ranger differs from the GW1 version, and so on, I don’t ever worry about seeing classes return just because I liked them in GW1 or some other game.

Instead, I far prefer what ANet’s done here: try to make the classes fun for a variety of playstyles, so that most of us are bound to find one we like. Normally, I wouldn’t be caught downed/defeated on a heavy armor class, but in this game, I really like guardian and I’m getting into warrior (and less so rev).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Dervish and Ritualist?

Posted by: Lancaeron.1524

Lancaeron.1524

Actually, The Revenant is NOT based on the Ritualist. It’s successor is the Engineer, who is a modern-day twist on the Ritualist. Ritualists use the spirits of the dead to channel their powers. Engineers use turrets, as well as firearms.

Dervish and Ritualist?

Posted by: Kam.1780

Kam.1780

Actually there is no such class in GW2 that resembles ritualist right now at all. Both revenants and engineers use different mechanics – turrets are far less versatile then ritualist’s spirits were and same goes for revenant legends and ritualist’s items spells. I, for one, do hope that once we get to Cantha at one point, we may have a class resembling the ritualist’s mysticism much more then revenant does now.

co-leader of Ministry of Friendhsip [MoF] – Gandara

Dervish and Ritualist?

Posted by: psychosiz.7109

psychosiz.7109

Well I feel you OP. The ritualist was my favorite class of almost any game I ever played. I loved it in pve. I was crushed when they said it wouldn’t make an appearance in this game. I also hate melee fighting but for some reason I really enjoyed the dervish, again I was utterly disappointed as there is no dervish in this game. I have played every class and right now, nothing and I mean NOTHING, resembles either of these two classes. While it saddens me I did move on and found I liked playing a mesmer which has an abysmal dps rating. I wound up hating it in HOT because the mechanics changed so much, you were forced to play a certain way to survive. The change was a complete turn off as I felt I was playing a much different class than the mesmer I played in the core game. Now I find myself trying to decide which class I go forward with into POF. Just an FYI, sometimes I go back and play GW1 for a bit so I can reminiscence and think of what might have been……

Dervish and Ritualist?

malicek.9032

Well I feel you OP. The ritualist was my favorite class of almost any game I ever played. I loved it in pve. I was crushed when they said it wouldn’t make an appearance in this game. I also hate melee fighting but for some reason I really enjoyed the dervish, again I was utterly disappointed as there is no dervish in this game. I have played every class and right now, nothing and I mean NOTHING, resembles either of these two classes. While it saddens me I did move on and found I liked playing a mesmer which has an abysmal dps rating. I wound up hating it in HOT because the mechanics changed so much, you were forced to play a certain way to survive. The change was a complete turn off as I felt I was playing a much different class than the mesmer I played in the core game. Now I find myself trying to decide which class I go forward with into POF. Just an FYI, sometimes I go back and play GW1 for a bit so I can reminiscence and think of what might have been……

Yeah, my favorite part about the Dervish was the amount of boons and sustain they had. I could take a second to buff up before each fight and be able to dish out tons of damage while healing and restoring energy with each attack. I never played much of Ritualist but I had quite a few friends who were Ritualist mains and they were all obsessed with the class. Maybe they’ll make a return later on in the life of GW2. I think it’s a possibility, and to be honest I’m a bit surprised PoF didn’t include another class.

Dervish and Ritualist?

Posted by: Gandalf.1537

Gandalf.1537

LOL, I remember having heroes. I was a rit, and had 2 necros, I had a meatwall with spirts all over the place bombing and killing everything. Wow those were the days. Use to solo underworld with that setup. You could kill everything and anything.

Those were the days.

Dervish and Ritualist?

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Always thought of the reaper as the dervish.

Dervish and Ritualist?

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

the lore is that magic, technology and skills have drastically evolved, studied and developed over the many hundreds of years, we won’t be getting old classes and it wouldn’t make sense for the universe either

Dervish and Ritualist?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Dervish Revenant
Ritualist Engineer

Good luck

Dervish and Ritualist?

Posted by: Scipion.7548

Scipion.7548

Actually, The Revenant is NOT based on the Ritualist. It’s successor is the Engineer, who is a modern-day twist on the Ritualist. Ritualists use the spirits of the dead to channel their powers. Engineers use turrets, as well as firearms.

This is probably true in terms of gameplay, but it is completly stupid in terms of roleplay and “consumer (player) targeting”. Someone who was fan of the ritualist, a shamanistic, mystic class using an old dying magic and reprenting the dying past of Tyria, isn’t likely to take the exact opposite archetype, a class based on modern gadgets and science and who represents the future of Tyria.

Coming from WoW I searched a class close to the shaman (a supportive mystic class using ancient magic) and a lot of people said me engineer … because of the totems … LMAO.

(edited by Scipion.7548)

Dervish and Ritualist?

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Actually.. the Ritualist just returned to GW2 It’s called The Scourge now.

Mesmerising Girl