Developer Livestream Questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

What is being done About the Perceived Loot drop issues and all the data collected by the player base? I am sure I am along with many others would like some form of response to this.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Share-your-data-about-perceived-strange-drop-behavior-here/first

any info on loot drops, – why when two people do an on level champion is there only gray item as reward? The champion can kill me with two hits but it takes several minutes for us to kill the champ – for a couple of copper reward
PRECURSER info – easier ways to get, scavenger hunt or similiar

(edited by Under Web.2497)

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Have you planned something to do with unused ascended rings?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

Are there any plans to introduce more medals to the game similar to the World Completion medal next to our name?

Posted by: Zoal.1820

Zoal.1820

Any plans to make open world grouping easier? Currently if more than 5 of my friends want to play together in the open world we have no way of tracking everyone’s location on the map or heart progress.

Posted by: Reignald.3794

Reignald.3794

Can you go into detail or thoughts on future additions or improvements to the PvE experience? Currently there are dungeons, legendary acquisition, and 100% world completion as the larger PvE goals, and achievements to a lesser extent; what kind of other activities can we look forward to in the future? (mini-games, collectables outside of armor and weapons, reputations, guild/player housing, new story missions)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Will more weapons that are in the game become opened up to more classes? Such as giving ele the ability to use a hammer or a War the ability to use a dagger.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Will the fractal cap witch is 80 atm be increased?
will there be solo skillchallenges with great reward that are though?
Will there ever be things designed with a difficulty ( as mad kings clocktower ) that should be completed only by 1% that has nice rewards?
to sum up: When will skill be rewarded instead of playing the trading post?:)

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: JeebusCan.4205

JeebusCan.4205

1. What’s being done to address the lack of endgame PVE content? FotM was a nice addition, but it’s incredibly repetitive, and overall, just another grind.

2. Lacking the Trinity (healer/tank/dps) , what plans are there to diversify one class from another? As currently, they all feel the same, with only a slight variance between them.

Posted by: FinalWish.1538

FinalWish.1538

Is there any plans on the Guesting feature for the T6 gathering nodes? Considering there are some bots and players using the teleporting hack.They would end up server hopping via Guesting to it and gather those nodes, then rinse and repeat. It would inevitably crash the market to those specific mats and would ultimately make my time on daily gathering them to craft/sell pointless.

Posted by: Kain Nosgoth.4218

Kain Nosgoth.4218

1) CHARACTER SPECIFIC KEY BINDS (When? And why not already?)

2) Ways of obtaining PRECURSORS before Scavenger hunt – where are we on that? (and not ways that take 3 months of doing daily achivs, just in time to not need it anymore – cuz of S. Hunt).

3) Any plans on splitting achievement points? (I.E. Gold = capped at 5000, from one time achievements, this nr. will go up as you add more holiday events etc, SILVER – from repeatable achivs and infinite ones, and maybe Bronze for WvW/sPvP achivs).

4) Any chance for the rewards based on already earned achiv pts to be live in the February update (or before)? AND what’s the time frame for Feb update (25th and on or …?

5) ACCOUNT BOUND LEGENDARY weapons?!

Just beacuase. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2Z23SAFVA
AFL – Away From Life. // I admit to being a bad person.
Character specific key binds…yesterday if possible. Thank you.

(edited by Kain Nosgoth.4218)

Posted by: Freelancer.5107

Freelancer.5107

Would it be possible to include the next phase of the dynamic event when completed in the quest log? Normally I’d be waiting far to long just for the next part of the dynamic event to start by that time I have already moved on to the next area.

Posted by: tlenex.7901

tlenex.7901

What will be happening to legendary weapons? Will they go account bound?

+1, I hope they will. End game is already poor in GW2 and the legendary status is just a little more expensive skin for exotic weapon.

2. Will there be any legendary armors?

3. Will class balance will be changed for light and medium armor classes? The is so little place where they excels, its much easier and safer to farm orr in PvE, faster and safer dungeon runs, great survivability and damage in pvp and wvw – all that with just warrior/guardian classes. Why ANet? Why?

4. Will you fight ingame bots more often? They ruin economy and some of them use instant teleporting from one gathering node to next gathering node making them impossible to report.

(edited by tlenex.7901)

Posted by: Sheldin.5874

Sheldin.5874

Greetings Johnathan, Matt & Mike!

I have a questing regarding the gear of the game. As of now, you can get Common, Rare, Exotic and so forth. But as far as I know, the exotics are no different from the Legendary except for one thing; you get a medal on your account for wearing legendary stuff. But, the stats are exactly the same as exotics.. Will this change? and if so, in a near future or is this not a priority as of yet?

I’m just curious because I’ve been having a long discussion with several people on the topic, and I for one would like some answers.

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

We have now underwater combat and ground combat.
Are there any plans for aerial combat and mounted combat?

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

- Concerning some of the necromancer bugs like the blood line vampiric bugs and minion survivability/usefulness (not the AI issues, I know those are already being worked on), are these being addressed soon and hopefully helping to open a more versatile collection of builds for the necromancer?
- The addition of guild features such as halls and more guild upgrades hasn’t been addressed much, I know that future updates will include guild missions and such, but what about those features we saw in GW1 and everyone loved, will those be returning?
- Home instances…as they are they lack any luster or feel of being your “home”. Many people have said we need a customizable home instance such as housing, ect. Is this a future plan for the developers (not fishing for dates, just wondering if this is even still planned to be implemented).
- There have been almost no changes to crafting since release other than a few new stat combos. New crafting skins for crafts throughout the leveling range, not just for exotics, would be a welcome addition for crafters.
- A new type of commander system for both wvwvw and a similar one for pve (to lead large groups of people and make it easier to keep track of who is with you) would be a welcome change. There needs to be some differentiation in wvwvw for commanders, maybe even an icon color change, so people can more easily keep track of their teams and coordinate more efficiently. Also an option to toggle the commander icon or change it as desired would be nice.
- An interface update to include skill slots for a consumable or two is something the community has been asking for, is this something you would consider in a future update?

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

(edited by Nay of the Ether.8913)

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

Can we please have more ways of obtaining precursors?

At the moment you can get it only from one in a million billions chance as drop from mob or even worse, gamble at forge.
Why not make dungeon chests drop precursors, not all 3-5, but a special chest at the very end once you finish the dungeon.

And one more question:

Will you implement a bounty hunt like there was in gw1, where you could do “advanced” dailies for extra karma, GOLD, and loot?

This game is missing RAW gold rewards, and i’m sure you could make that happen with some kind of bounty hunt.

Posted by: Mr Big.4891

Mr Big.4891

I have 2 questions regarding the Thief profession, one in pvp and the other in PvE

-My PVP question is are there any plans to make condition dagger builds more viable? Currently the second i put up my bleed stacks they are instantly removed, making it all but impossible for me to put out any decent dmg.

-My PvE question is about the thief’s overall survival in a dungeon. The majority of the time i find it very difficult to not be forced to switch to my short bow when fighting dungeon bosses, because i get blown in half the minute i get within melee range. Are there any plans to add additional durability/healing mechanics to make this less of an issue?

Posted by: joejigsaw.5814

joejigsaw.5814

Is there any plans to make the world more intractable?

I’d love it if we were able to actually sit on chairs rather than sit half way through them. As it is now with just the occasional environmental weapons the world just feel like a flat plane with some random items scattered on top instead of an actual world that you’re a part of. Sitting in chairs, building campfires, more intractable doors/houses, etc.

Also, why is it that knockbacks don’t knock enemy npcs off ledges?

There is nothing more satisfying then watching your enemy go over a cliff. I think it would also drastically change combat and make it more fun.

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

Another question.

Will the Ascended gear be possible to Salvage or sell in the TP or any use in the Mystic forge?(i have 18 and i dont know what to do with them)

Posted by: tomtiger.8279

tomtiger.8279

I just want to tell you dev’s that you have done an amazing job already!
If you can just add some new maps(Like Cantha and Elona) then I will adore you!

Posted by: Air Rage.4870

Air Rage.4870

When will new game modes be brought in sPVP and tPVP?

Posted by: Varkin.3419

Varkin.3419

From the feedback you have gotten from WvW players, are you going to making any tweaks to the breakout events?

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

Why are Necromancers forced to use “on kill” traits which are useless in PvP?

I don’t use on kill traits..

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Posted by: Retro.6831

Retro.6831

- Will we be getting better tools to manage guilds? Being unable to see the last time a member logged in makes it difficult to remove inactive players to make room for new members.

- Are there any plans to make the Trait system less “Math-y” (i.e. +20% of x, Gain 50 y, reduces refresh of z, etc.) and focused more on traits that modify or add gameplay mechanics (i.e. “Reflect Missiles when blocking”, “Deal damage when stealing”)? What is your overall philosophy on traits; do you prefer mechanics over math?

- Can you tell us anything about the Mini Spooky, Southsun and Festive Trios that appear on GW2 Database?

- What feature (that you can talk about) are you most excited about in the coming months?

Posted by: toksiks.2640

toksiks.2640

Are there planned any further performance optimization works?

Posted by: Zumos.2056

Zumos.2056

You talked about nerfing AoE. Do you realize that this will only create more and bigger zergs. The lower the AoE, the harder to kill a zerg. This can completely ruin the WvW, so please be gentle with the nerfs. Though better is to not nerf AoE at all. I can say from my own experience that the AoE is fine as it is right now.

Zumos
Red Guard

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

2 questions will try to make them as quick and clear as possible.

Is their any plan to release a Calander to showcase the upcoming update of each month as we go threw out the year?

Example: lets say it’s the end of the lost shores event so all the info for the november event is up on the calendar but hints have started for the Wintersday event so we as a community have place to go to get excited and learn more about what your adding to GW2 as we get closer to each update. While you guys get an organized space to add info as you please and less questioning about what your adding as it will all be on the calendar.

Is their any sort of info you can release on what your doing to WvW?

what i would like to hear: shedding light on the progression system maybe telling us a tiny bit about what it will do to us as a WvW player maybe allow us to have more supply than 10 if we so choose.

(edited by Emmet.2943)

Posted by: i hwan feanor i.1860

i hwan feanor i.1860

I missed the stream cuz of work, but ll be something done with the Xunlai Chest and the agents?

Posted by: savov.3712

savov.3712

Questions about PvP paid tournaments:
What are the plans of getting more players willing to play paids? Right now its hard to go from free to paid tournaments, because of the huge gap between the player skills.

For 1-on-1 tournaments it was said in the stream that the wining team will stay in the pool. Does that mean that they will stay until they lose (like Random and Team arenas in Guild Wars 1) or there is still limited number of rounds?

Posted by: Vexacion.3971

Vexacion.3971

Can you talk any about upcoming balance changes to professions(if any)?

Could Ranger shouts be given some group utility in addition to(maybe reducing) the pet effect? Could some of the ranger signets see lower cds? Will Ranger pets ever scale with gear or are they currently balanced to always have stats equivalent to full exotics? Will ranger traps besides flame trap ever pulse more than once? I believe spike trap’s tooltip is nearly completely different than it’s tooltip.

Posted by: Vexacion.3971

Vexacion.3971

How does the game decide which combo field to use with a finisher when several are in the same spot?

Posted by: Illveran.3514

Illveran.3514

Q1: How about promoting open world group play to make the game more social? I mean increasing even more events dificulty, when entering with a formed party, shared loot, some kind of 5% more xp and karma etc.

Q2: I also see a problem with loot system that forces players to tag as many monsters as possible to get the most loot. This needs a little rework to let people play as they want and not play as they need to maximize income. This could also be done in like shared party loot system, not tag loot style =]

(edited by Illveran.3514)

Posted by: Walkerz.5830

Walkerz.5830

Will there be new ways to obtain precursors with these updates even though scavenger hunt isn’t happening?

Posted by: KrimsonWolf.6781

KrimsonWolf.6781

You mentioned in today’s Q&A that you would be nerfing AOE damage. While this makes sense for a warrior, the greatsword is way overpowered because of it’s ability to do AOE damage followed secondly by the axe, and skills like a Ranger’s Barrage, how does this impact Elementalists and Necromancers.

I mention Elementalists because the only thing useful they are able to do is AOE, they are weak in every other way, and the only reason to play an Elementalist is if you want to do AOE damage.

I ask about Necromancers, because their ability to summon multiple minions is very “AOE like” even though each minion will typically only attack one target, the fact that you can summon more than one of them means they may not all attack the same target.

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

How do you feel about Engineer in the end-game PvE (fractals 30+, arah speedruns, etc.) content?

Is the design of this profession final? Or we can expect some buffs\rework in future?

Will there be more communication between class designers and players?

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

You keep mentioning that you have plans to make playing in lower level zones with other players more rewarding and to make loot more consistent. Can you give some more specific examples of how you plan to achieve this goal?

Posted by: Thenoob.1480

Thenoob.1480

When you fix our kits keeping our weapon stats, are you going to nerf engineers again?

Fun Police – Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: DragonXRose.8534

DragonXRose.8534

Since the mac-beta there have been no significant changes or updates.
What are the plans for the mac – beta? are there gonna be some new changes in the near future?

GANDARA -The Searing- [TS]
Cypressa Belladonna / Yhana Belladonna / Siri Vargsdottir / Kata Sharpe
Siri Meccano / Ysana Deathpale / Siri Bladedancer / Siri Strongheart

Posted by: Hobz.4680

Hobz.4680

Hi,

Could you consider adding an handy way to hot join a sPvP match in small groups (2-3 players) so that there is an alternative to either play alone casually or in a 5 player team competitively ?

I don’t think groups of 2 to 3 people will destroy the balance of the 8 players matches. (As a matter of fact, it’s not the case for lots of pvp games, even SMITE for example, that uses a 5v5 format) If you disagree, can you specify why ?

Thank you.

Posted by: Grizor.6543

Grizor.6543

Why are Engineers penalized for their versatility, while Elementalists, which you called the “kings of versatility”, aren’t penalized?

This…!! I really would like to what Anet plans to do with the Engie class.. Its super-fun, but no one can deny that its under-powered when compared to other classes..

This please, right now it’s warriors + guardians that rule the dungeons and I never play my engi because he sucks in comparison.

Grizor – Charr Engineer – Gandara

(edited by Grizor.6543)

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

-Cantha needs to make a come back for the towns

-need a new class?

- Scythe needs to make a come back from Gw1

Posted by: Thurbleton.5841

Thurbleton.5841

Thanks to the guys for taking time to answer some questions on screen as well as the ghosts for messing with the lights.

QUESTIONS!
-This was awesome, are there any plans to stream Q/A events on a regular basis? First Friday of every month ANet will do some QA? Also, think its wise to vet questions from the forums instead of the chat.

-You mentioned improving rewards for players in WvW. I realize you can’t go into specifics but can you tell us what the end goal of these new rewards are? Are the rewards aimed at rewarding players who are quick to defend or help out in a grand siege instead of balling up in a big zerg? (IE running supply, staying to delay enemies instead of going to cap point)

-For dungeons & pve; magic find has become a sore thumb for many, is getting a specific set of gear to improve rewards to far out of ANet’s theme of rewarding skilled play over gear, and if so are there any plans to change this?

-Lastly, the ‘culling test week’ was a great show in testing improvements with the playerbase. Do the developers have any plans on testing more changes in the future? (A testing version of Left 4 Dead 2’s Mutagens where every week something was different)

WTB Keg Brawl in Custom PVP → Key Brawl Tourneys!

Posted by: whisk.2015

whisk.2015

are there any plans to increase loot drop rates other than pourous bones?

Posted by: Jordi.6081

Jordi.6081

Hello, i have two questions:

1- Is the drop rate going to be fixed back to pre-15th November status? Or at least close to it? We’ve got no response to this issue in more than 2 months, and we have 2 big threads, one closed long ago and another pinned on general discussion. No, i’m not talking about dates or anything specific, just want to know if this is being looked into.
This is directly related to making open world more rewarding.

2- About the achievement rewards. Will those rewards be available in an alternative way by spending karma instead of crowns? Not everyone wants to do achievements.

Thank you.

Posted by: El Lolita.9132

El Lolita.9132

I think that you could improve the PVE gameplay by reducing the number of TPs and giving higher rewards to those explorating far and deeply maps. With all those TPs and reviving system, PVE is too easy and there is no real incentives to come back in first beautifull maps or to form a good group to go far from Tp into a dangerous zone. With all those TP’s, cities also lost a bit of their attractivity and it considerably reduce the roleplay ( Due to hundreds of teleportation from everywhere to everywhere everytime).

Do you think it could be a good idea?

Btw your idea of a new reward system is already exellent.

Posted by: Narhim.7345

Narhim.7345

I like quite many of the ideas you have tbh.
The only thing I was kind of “surprised” was the nurf of AoE. Well I am not THAT surprised, a warrior with a greatsword is insane and for some an ele might be insane too. However some of the classes (here I am talking about Engie and Ele) are based mostly on doing enough AoE dps and CC, because if they cannot do it, they will die very fast.
Yes I am an elementarist player and yes for many the class is the most powerful (in hands of a really good player they might be but I did not see many out there tbh, just a lot of people playing their classes bad).
How exactly are you planing to nurv the AoE dps? Will classes like an ele still be able to solo? Will be killing more mobs than 1 monster at a time be able? As this class has the lowest overall HP and low armor and is based on AoE CC and AoE dps, will we be able to survive PvE after the update?
Please enlighten me how exactly this will work and what are you going to do?

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Questions (probably already asked)

Q1 – Will the items from the “Achievement Token Vendor” be account bound or Soulbound? (I assume either one to stop inflations)

Q2 – Southsun Cove? What happened to it? Its a dead zone

Q3 – AoE nerf is a bad idea, especially for staff elementalists who rely on heavy AoE, can we get more details on this?

Q4 – Will engineers ever be…..playable?

Q5 – Will Magic find gear ever be brought together with other gear? (For example ascended items & the “Infusion” Slots – Exotic PvT Gear with an unused upgrade Magic Find slot (Runes still work whilst having a “Magic Find Stone/gem” in the MF slot) grants 0% Magic find.
- Exotic PvT gear with a used magic find slot grants x% of whichever stone you choose (3 Tiers of Magic Find Stone, 1%, 3%, 4%)

LQ – Not really a question, but I hope you all know about D/D Eles and the amount of skill/timing/coordinating it takes to become a good D/D ele, not only that but people enjoy the “Challenge” that D/D ele gives to people and helps people understand the class alot more. (Basically, don’t nerf it, but instead fix the rest of our class & other classes, over-nerfing classes can cause problems for everything in my opinion, learned from a previous game…where no mages were ever played due to an overnerf )

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Posted by: Bradesco.9621

Bradesco.9621

About PvE —-——————————

Q: Will we see a “downflow” on place that has low population, attempting to keep all zones always live?

Q: Any plans on the Lost Shores zone which is empty right now. Any plans on Orr, new rewards, battles… ?

Q: Talk more about the Looking for Group Tool.

About PvP —-———————————

Q: Talk about the profession balancing you are doing on each profession for sPvP?

Q: Are you guys planning to add new game modes? Capture the Flag, Team Death Match, Death Match. Aswell battlegrounds of 20×20?

About WvWvW —-——————————

Q: What do you think about Mounts?

Q: Will be an auto-loot system for Badges of Honor? Dailys? New Siege weapons?

Thank you!

(edited by Bradesco.9621)

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

Question regarding WvW – Blueprints

Is it possible to make Siege Blueprints account bound so they can be shared across multiple characters? If yes, is this something that we can expect in the next 6 months?

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

Posted by: Maerdon.1952

Maerdon.1952

When do you plan on adding new legendaries?