Direct Trade ?

Direct Trade ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

So yea a simple question why doesnt this game have direct trade you know like gw1. and you cant say its because of gold sellers thats just silly.

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ok, I’ll be silly.

One reason is to inconvenience Gold sellers and buyers. Another reason is to relieve us of having cities nicknamed Spamadam. Another reason is to cut down on scams, and the resulting CS assistance and resources.

Good luck.

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

It’s because of scam artists actually. They decided it was better allocation of people resources to have something like the TP than it was to have people tracking down all the support reports of scamming.

You can still do somewhat a direct trade thru the in game mail system or thru a guild bank but it’s on you if something goes wrong.

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

If you trust someone and want to trade with them specifically (like a friend or guildmate,) you can just do that via mail. If you just want to sell an item, you can do that over the Trading Post, so the rest of us don’t have to put up with constant /map advertisements. They were an irritating, but necessary thing in GW1, and at the very beginning of GW2, I remember people still doing that. I’m glad they don’t anymore.

Also, it does help cut down on scams. That might sound silly, and it is, but that doesn’t make it less true.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

It’s not like the direct trade didn’t come with it’s own problems anyway in GW1.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

I’m a bit confused or maybe baffled. First you are unhappy with trade via mail:

I get spammed by 3 or 4 sellers per day especially in pvp lobby, anyway somethign came across my mind today but wont all of anets gold seller issues be solved if they simply forbid players to mail gold to each others ^^ ?

Then you are for banning all trade between players:

Well then if Anet is serious about stopping gold sellers they should ban all trade amongst players and ban every single person who used a gold seller.

Only to end up with now asking for Arenanet to implement direct player trade?

Is your account being used by multiple entities or are you simply undecided what exactly you want from the game?

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

So yea a simple question why doesnt this game have direct trade you know like gw1. and you cant say its because of gold sellers thats just silly.

You can trade… at your own risk. GL

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• Use of the TP prevents all sorts of scamming, including item substitution, misleading counter trades, disinformation about market value, and 3-card monte-type scams.
  • The TP is an incredibly efficient gold sink, due to the 15% fees.
  • The 5% listing fee for the TP forces sellers to be more cautious with their choice of sale prices.
  • The TP is global (covering everyone playing the game), ensuring that the maximum amount of information is shared by the entire community. Everyone knows market prices because it’s only a (right-) click away.
  • Similarly, the API to the TP allows for people to be aware of market trends and numerous websites allow people to have similar access to opportunities for crafting, flipping, ‘sniping’, and so on.

tl;dr the question is: why doesn’t every MMO use a similar system?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Just the other day you made posts saying that players shouldn’t be able to send gold to eachother via mail because of gold scammers. Now you’ve made a post asking why we don’t have direct trade (which we do have). Interesting.

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No wonder the Devs are sometimes confused over what the playerbase wants. Even the players seem confused.

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

In no particular order.
Scammers,gold sellers,taxes,no wtb/wts spam in the chat.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

1. Because scammers make for significant complaints, which means time spent by GM’s/CS Reps, which costs money.
  2. Because it inconveniences gold sellers who are competing with ANet for player dollars.
  3. Because providing an alternative to the TP would allow cheap players (gasp) to avoid the only significant gold sink in the game.
  4. All of the above.

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Waiting on OP’s response(s) with baited breath…….

Direct Trade ?

penelopehannibal.8947

Less tickets to support too.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I would not be happy if they added a GW1-style trading system. The trade window itself was decent but, oh, that endless chat spam just swamped everything else and was not confined to the trade channel. And selling stuff was so slow that I often would not bother.

TP all the way for me – fast, convenient and a great way to see what stuff is really worth.

Direct Trade ?

penelopehannibal.8947

you do realize im not saying remove tp, they could add direct trade along side it,

Yeah but the TP has a gold sink tax to it, so even if mechanically the TP would run along side it, people would be trading anything to avoid paying tax, granted mostly high end stuff, but that’s where it’d effect the economy the most, the tax from Legendary Weapons not being taken out of the economy like it should be.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

As others have said, you can trade directly with other players if you have a specific buyer/seller in mind via mail. Doing so is at your own risk, though. I agree on the taxes being necessary to keep the economy in check and I don’t miss Spamadan or standing around for hours trying to sell something, even something popular like ectos/lockpicks/Zaishen coins/cons. People already try to use map chat and LFG to sell stuff, let’s not make it worse please.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

(edited by Bellatrixa.3546)

Direct Trade ?

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Even with the TP operating alongside direct trading, there’s an issue with taxes / gold sink. If I’m directly trading my Dawn for your Dusk, for instance, there’s not an obvious way to tax that. I suppose the system could look up the “sell” orders for one and charge one person 10% and the other 5%,, then do the reverse for the other, but that could become increasingly confusing with multiple items on each side. Still doable, but ugly. Death and taxes, you know.

At the least, I’m opposed to the idea because of all the spam I think it would create. No, thank you.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~