Disagree with new Chest Loot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Don’t nerf it, buff loot in other places to not suck, and maybe people will go elsewhere.

+

I used to like dungeons, until i realised the lucky get rich from it, while I end up wasting my time.

Ursan we’ve already seen what these events look like with low incentive, I’ve seen graves with more activity..

It is far better as it is now.. honestly it seems the main problem people are having with new system.

“Oh, But there are so many people it causes it to lag”
“Oh, But there as so many people that I got put into overflow”

Both of those issues will become smaller over time, and guesting work both ways, while people from low pop servers can join your very high pop server to get theyr dynamic events quicker, people on very high pop can just as easily join a low/med pop server if they prefer there are less people at the events.

Personally I am on a high pop server, and there is no lag what so ever, when I guest on very high pop servers, sure there is alot of lag but despite that it is far more enjoyable due to the amount of people participating!

Yea, seriously. It doesn’t lag in some of the more deserted areas, but that’s hardly a good thing. Lag means there’s lots of people playing around, and that’s why I even bought this MMO in the first place. Solution is to handle the lag, instead of punishing people for trying to play the game. And it seems a lot of people are enjoying themselves— we have large gatherings on our server and share what dropped. And contrary to what some may think, we’re not popping oranges everywhere anyways. It’s usually just 1 mediocre rare.

Personally, I find the events nice. It makes me journey to areas I normally wouldn’t go otherwise. And people would go elsewhere if they didn’t feel so at mercy of the RNG like they do right now.

Oh, and I’m sure there’s quite a few TP speculators that don’t want the masses invading onto their turf. Well, too bad.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Don’t nerf it, buff loot in other places to not suck, and maybe people will go elsewhere.

Agree totally, the loot is finally at a ok scale, its mostly the angry TP flippers on a rampage to me…

Certain areas still need buffs like Jumping puzzle chests, Dungeon chests (CM drops crap), chests guarded by hard mobs.. even the loot tables could use a tweak with tier 6 mats..

Please Anet do not go back to what we had, those days were killing the game to suit a few…

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

The lag problem can be fixed without decreasing the Fun (rewards). The problem as a whole with GW2, is that there are not enough variety of rewards (items in the game). So the few places that have the few items people want are going to always be crowded.

Look at the game as a whole, before deciding to nerf the few reward items available.

You’re simplifying the problem. The reason why the WOrld Events are crowded to the point of hitting the limits of the game because they’re incredible rewarding for how easy they are. While Orr/Dungeons were profitable before, they were also arguably difficult.

You have to bring the reward/effort ratio to be the same. To do that you have to either.

1. Lower World Event loot
2. Make Lower World Event more challenging
3. Increase loot everywhere else
4. Lower difficulty of events everywhere else.

The world events that are now giving a reward worth playing that event take time and group effort. People are now doing them because the reward= the time involved. If the reward is nerfed again, then why do the event? People will be back in the dungeons again, or playing the TP. And not everyone likes GW2 dungeons, or playing the TP.

The game as a whole does not have enough variety of items. And the overall difficulty of the game is on the high end, when it comes to gameplay involving items we want after level 80: dungeons, group play, mobs that have high hit points and take a long time to kill. Also getting a few rares, which does not even equal one gold…is still not a big reward for events that take a long time. But there is only one item so far in the game that requires much gold: the legendary. What we really need is more new items introduced regularly to have something worth playing for. I think the people most angry about the game giving more rewards are the people who play the Trade Market.

(edited by lisamee.2408)

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

Guest to low pop servers.

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

When I’m not doing a fractal or a dungeon that’s going really really smoothly, I feel I’m not getting the comparable loot than if I were to just watch dragontimers obsessively and waypointing accross the map all day for free rares, and I don’t even have any alts to make it truly ridiculous.

The rewards are way out of proportion with every other part of the game. Doing the easiest stuff should not get the best rewards.

Posted by: hellchamp.5412

hellchamp.5412

You can only guest 2 times per day per account what is the issue there? Rares I have gotten about 15 in 3 days not even one sold for over 30 silver….I know what the issue is everyone is getting something and you guys don’t like it because it was you be for getting it all and if they change it again you will just find something else to complain about.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

The idea behind spreading players in the maps is working as intended, I myself stick around helping lowbies killing creatures near dragon’s spawn and the whole areas do feel more alive.
However, the lag is terrible, I don’t have a fix for that but the problem isn’t about the rares; hope ANet sort this out as quick as possible.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Have to agree with the OP some thing needs to be done so many people at events you can barley see the mob as it melts

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

Those are not “huge downsides” to having alts. That’s just like the person who chooses to have only one character complaining that he has no variety and can’t play other characters in WvW and PvE, and then demanding extra loot for this downside.

Number of alts you have says nothing about how many hours you play or how “hard you work”. Arenanet has managed to be largely agnostic about whether you choose to play 1 or 8, which is what they SHOULD do…but they totally dropped the ball here. Just about everything in the game should be based on account…including daily dungeon and world event lockouts!

You create alts because you want to try new characters out, see the stories, unlock the handful of achievements that require it, or have a variety of characters to play in WvW and PvE… and if you don’t want those things then you shouldn’t have to make alts in order to min/max rewards…

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

This.

(15 chars)

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

The world events that are now giving a reward worth playing that event take time and group effort.

Currently, events like The Maw, Behemoth, and Fire Elemental take no time and group effort at all. People realize this, which is why they’re flocking to these events in huge numbers.

If the reward is nerfed again, then why do the event?

Both extremes are bad. You can’t overnerf it, but you can’t overbuff it either (which is what they did.). As I said, they should reduce loot rate of rares for the low-level events to like 25%. That is still higher than the drop rate than previously, but still not so high as to make doing these events a no brainer.

Posted by: Verrah.3027

Verrah.3027

I believe the loot should stay as it is with the world bosses. However, the difficulty/length of these world bosses should be improved. Once you start getting the massive groups of players seen now, the bosses should become almost as difficult as some of the temple events in Orr.

Along with that, dungeon chest rewards should definitely be improved, but not before increasing the length of some of the extremely quick to complete paths. DR-could- be implemented too, but that’s not much fun at all.

I can’t say much about WvW right now, hopefully the new rewards in the upcoming patch are comparable to what is available with the world events now.

Ursan.7846

I believe the loot should stay as it is with the world bosses. However, the difficulty/length of these world bosses should be improved. Once you start getting the massive groups of players seen now, the bosses should become almost as difficult as some of the temple events in Orr.

Completely agreed with this. I think the Orr temple events are a really good template. It has players doing events in a pretty spread out area. And the bosses themselves aren’t a complete pushover either. Rewards for events like that? Totally deserving.

Rewards like that for events like Maw/Behemoth/Fire Elemental? Hell no.

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

I agree to disagree with the OP.

This new chest loot is better than a pile of cats as rewards from the chest…if they nerf the loot or revert it, is not worth it at all…

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: Tenicord.9803

Tenicord.9803

Two things.. one you could make it one boss per account which I would be fine with and thus people with only one character wouldn’t be “punished”

Or two, make the drops and rewards from mobs and events higher as well.. you updated the drops from chests (which is good! because before they weren’t even worth doing imo) but you didn’t update loot in the rest of the world it seems, which is the main problem. Rares should drop, at least slightly more often from mobs.. I’ve maybe gotten a rare once or twice from a mob since the game launched..

“Our Time Is Now”
Waylon- lvl 80 Guardian
Trism – lvl 80 Engineer

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Those are not “huge downsides” to having alts. That’s just like the person who chooses to have only one character complaining that he has no variety and can’t play other characters in WvW and PvE, and then demanding extra loot for this downside.

Number of alts you have says nothing about how many hours you play or how “hard you work”. Arenanet has managed to be largely agnostic about whether you choose to play 1 or 8, which is what they SHOULD do…but they totally dropped the ball here. Just about everything in the game should be based on account…including daily dungeon and world event lockouts!

You create alts because you want to try new characters out, see the stories, unlock the handful of achievements that require it, or have a variety of characters to play in WvW and PvE… and if you don’t want those things then you shouldn’t have to make alts in order to min/max rewards…

You clearly havent payed attention to laurel income, it pretty much screwed over alts, since you can only get 1 laurel per day, even if you have 8 toons. That is far from alt friendly.

There is a big difference between having one character or having two. Not only does it take time to level the second, it also costs the player 2x the gold to get gear for both. If things should be right according to yours and everyone else of the alt bashing crowd, we should only ever have to buy one set of universal armor that can be transfered between characters and turned into the appropriate version for the class, with the exact stats we want for whatever spec they are.

If it costs you 30g(usually costs more now) to fully kit a level 80, it costs the guy with 8 toons 240g. So you are really telling me he shouldnt be allowed to farm gold with all of his toons? Even when it costs him 8 times the gold to kit them all. Oh and thats without adding in optional legendaries for the altoholics that want those.

No matter how you look at it, a player with alts always have more expenses than someone with just one toon, so of course he should be able to farm whatever he wants with each of those. I bet your next suggestion would be that ore and all other types of gathering should also be account restircted.

No many of us level alts to farm, but we do farm with alts to keep each of them geared.

You will also never get around the people that hardcore farm, restrict the event chests to once per account and they’ll just get more accounts. The game is sub free, so it costs them very little to get another account… or wait, should we restrict those too?

You also forget that those with 6 toons or more have payed real money in some cases to unlock the extra slots. If you restrict the event chests to once per day, then Anet needs to make refunds to everyone that wants to who have bought character slots just to make farming character. Because if they knew restrictions like this would happen, they would have put their RL money on gems instead and sold the gems for gold.

Alts is just another way of gaining gold. Some of us get extra characters to farm, since its a nice pass time activity, others buy gems for RL money and sell it.

Level alts if you want to farm more, or buy gems at the TP if you envy the “riches” of the altoholics…

And again to all of you anti-alts. You need less gold to get around than us with alts, understand that before typing more ignorant posts/threads. Not all of us are power farmers, most of us enjoy our alts.

And those with no alts cant be “punished” like you claim Tenicord, since you only need the gold you bring in from one toon, but making it account wide per boss would infact “punish” the alt makers, even though the game came with 5(!) character slots.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

(edited by SneakyErvin.3056)

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

You’re not burdened by the cost of 5 alts, you choose to try to gear out 5 characters. A person trying for a legendary shouldn’t get bonus cash just because he’s going for a legendary or some some other optional garbage.

You could dress your character in greens you found on the way to 80 and still farm all the events exactly the same. Theres no cost there, just huge profit, so that kind of falls apart.

And rich nodes are account bound along with all forms of DR for a good reason. There’s nothing special about alts that should entitle someone to this much more loot.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

I agree with OP, and have a similar thread running myself. I don’t like the massive stream of rares, and those arguing that they never used to see a rare should really send tickets to ArenaNet to have a look at their RNG system instead.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Why in the hell are people calling for nerfs? They either want it so that it’s one chest per account, instead of per character, and they now want the rarity of the drops reduced.
Did it ever occur to anyone that if the time between events were halved, this would help tremendously, except peak usage hours? That can be done without ruining the experience / fun of others. Another great idea, assuming that guesting is a problem, why not make it so that you can only guest on a server, if someone from that server is on your friends list (mutual friends of course), or with an invite.

I have worked very hard to get my alt to 80, and I am sick and tired of having my game worthlessly nerfed, every time someone starts sniveling, there is a better solution!
Please do not cripple my efforts that I have worked so hard for with my alt.

And BTW: I am one of those people that almost never got a rare before, my main character and my alts have had DR on them since November, and I can not shake it, so I vote HELL NO to nerfing these chests, I am far from rich, I will never be able to afford a Legendary, so little things like this are very helpful and appreciated by me!

(edited by Miss Pink Floyd.9730)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Limiting the big event chests to once per character per day sounds like a fair compromise to me.

Either that, or subsequent openings have DR applied to it so they no longer give Rares/Exotics.

SneakyErvin.3056

You’re not burdened by the cost of 5 alts, you choose to try to gear out 5 characters. A person trying for a legendary shouldn’t get bonus cash just because he’s going for a legendary or some some other optional garbage.

You could dress your character in greens you found on the way to 80 and still farm all the events exactly the same. Theres no cost there, just huge profit, so that kind of falls apart.

And rich nodes are account bound along with all forms of DR for a good reason. There’s nothing special about alts that should entitle someone to this much more loot.

Yes it is a “burden” as you put it if you cant farm and gain gold for each toon individually. Since the cost is 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x etc the cost of a single character. The income you need to gear them is increased with each alt you max out in levels.

My latest character did cost me something around 70g, not counting transmutes etc.

I expect to be able to gear my characters individually or have account wide modifiable gear, its either or. You shouldnt be punished or have a harder time to stay floating if you invest time in a character. With 2 characters you should be able to contribute to their “well being” with both characters, 1 character should not pull the weight for both.

You tell me to use green gear, just as if I only use the alts to farm events with, which I dont. I play all my characters in different settings on a very regular basis, settings that require full exo gear for optimal preformance. Doing world bosses is just a bonus, not something I do activly. I enjoy the freedom to be able to do lets say grenth or melandru on whichever toon I play in CS at the moment the event starts.

I probably do just as many bosses as someone effectivly farming them ALL with one toon. I just happen to do the same encounter more than once, since I spend alot of time in Orr. That means I dont get more rares than someone with just 1 toon, but it still gives me the freedom we should have with our “alts”.

No idea where you get the idea from that nodes are account bound, they arent. They are character based with a respawn rate. I gather in Orr on a daily basis on 5 characters when I need gold, I’ve never once bumped into a rich node being depleted after taking it on one character.

There is always the option for everyone to level alts, there is no reason to restrict the use of alts, since it came with the game, with options to increase character slots for RL money.

I also like the legendary comment… what if I want legendaries for all my alts?

Also please tell me, what difference is ther between spending cash on character slots or in-game gems and trading for gold? Should we restrict how much people are allowed to spend int he gem shop too since “there is a huge profit” in that too?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Considering the time and travel involved in a world event, pent/shelt (even the currently ruined pent/shelt) is a better way to farm rares. Pop an omnom bar and farm a bit an you will have a number of rares. How many? Impossible to say, but it will be more than going the world event route. This world event ‘problem’ is one of the larger non-problems in the game. The only actual problem with world events is guesting, and that’s only a problem because we have dead servers.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The better loot from these chests was a step forward. Do not encourage ANet to take steps backwards now.

The proper solutions to this “problem” are as follows:
- Address culling so more allied players can render during the events
- Get the events and the pre-events to properly scale to the number of players (Seriously, some intermediate champions would help a lot)
- Prevent players from guesting to bypass the daily chest limitation
- Give players guaranteed rares from other group content such as fractals (one guaranteed salvageable rare/exotic in the Jade Maw chest, for example), then make the number of rares scale to tier (so level 48 Jade Maw might give 3 rares, for example, and level 32 might give 2)

This will encourage people to spread out to other content rather than sit in the zone farming these, and will also make these events harder and not so deliriously bad.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

The new chest mechanics should have been placed in instances with a first run high chance at rare and every run after that could be just normal chest loot with that it would be more people running instances across the board.

(edited by Holesale.2640)

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Bank flippers complaining about their income, wants everyone nerfed under guise of ‘no effort’ HILARIOUS.

Seriously, if the loot gets nerfed at all, it’s going to be a mass exodous. A large portion of the community hasn’t been able to even see a rare for over 3 months now, and people just callously come along and complain that its now too easy to get rares/exotics.

Please. If you don’t like it, don’t participate. Let us get our fun in where we can and you can turn the other cheek and have fun in your way.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

To be honest, it’s working fine-it’s a wonderful change (IMHO, and of course you are free to disagree.) It’s good that alts can take advantage of events too, since alt-loving people do have it harder in some other ways, so it kinds of evens out the disadvantage of focusing gameplay over many characters. People are still free to farm random Orr mobs and do their favorite dungeons, but we get yet another chance to get nice loot, which is a big plus to me.

If you play only one character, don’t feel “left out”; as I said, there are many things to do to earn your Rares, and remember this, in the past you could do a chest event MANY times and still get some blues. I prefer a guaranteed rare on each chest per day than going through events endlessly getting nothing but Karma and some minor silver on the side (though admittedly, I still did the events for fun in the past.)

As far as the economy, the Ecto price seems to be fixed at almost 30 silver, and I Have only seen it get as high as 50+ in the past(though I honestly dont’ check their pricepoint all the time, since I generally don’t sell them.) Rares are cheaper than ever now, thus I feel it’s “best” to risk them for Ecto, but that’s just me (I’ve had much luck taking that risk.)

And lastly, things being at a reasonable price at the TP is a good thing in my book, and Exotics seem to still be rare (though I suspect they may be slightly more common now.)

Posted by: Evrae Altana.1295

Evrae Altana.1295

just remove chest for guests
i’m missing dragons cuz i’m in overflows and i don’t bother guesting on other servers for picking up extra loot

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

I like it. Not everybody likes to farm or do fracs/dungeons all the time. IT gives a chance for WvW players to hop out, do something easy for PvE, make a bit of cash and go back to WvW.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I posted this before, but several posters quickly derailed the thread with personal insults and such. Lets keep it civil this time.

With the World Events guaranteeing rares, it has become everyone’s favorite farming spot. Because they have timers, people are guesting to other servers in an attempt to find a server where events are about to occur.

And why wouldn’t you, when hitting the Maw shaman for 20 seconds net you a yellow, with a high chance of exotics?

This has caused huge lag/overflow problems at the events themselves. The events themselves are no longer fun to do because of the large amount of people.

There’s obviously technical limitations to the engine and bandwith that is hard to get around. So I’m going to assume that fixing lag/culling/overflow issue is a engine-level problem, something difficult to solve.

So I propose the following solutions.

1. Decrease rare/exotic drop rate from 90% or whatever to 25%. Still quite high, but not nearly guaranteed like it is right now.

OR

2. Limit chest to one account per character.

I propose these solutions because I think they’re well within the realm of possibility of you guys. You changed loot tables, so obviously that shouldn’t be too hard, and you have character/account based rewards, so that too shouldn’t be too bad.

If not, then the problems with lag and people getting kicked out to overflow will continue. Now while I’d love for you guys to fix that, or make rewards home-server-character-specific, but I imagine that takes a lot more effort to do. If you can do it though, great! But if not, at lease please consider the mentioned solutions.

TL;DR Loot rate for World Events too high for the minimum effort they require, causing World Events to be not fun. Barring technical solutions (Which I understand is hard) should nerf loot rates, because I honestly don’t mind less loot if the events themselves are much more fun to do.

I honestly can’t believe people on this forum. I mean all I’ve read here in the past few months is complaint after complaint about lack of loot, or at least decent loot. Now the loot has been improved, the complaints of ‘too much’ loot are starting to appear. Geez! Is there no pleasing u people!

Yes there is a lag issue, i suffer it badly, but to nerf the loot as the solution is not right, not after all the complaining I have seen about it on this forum. Even limiting events to 1 per account is unfair to all those people who have invested time and money on leveling multiple alts. What exactly then is the use for alts if you cannot use them in all the content in the game whenever and however u want? I don’t bother chasing these events on different toons as some people do, but if I wish to do that, I should be able to.

Having said that, something has to be done about the lag problem. Anet prides itself on these big events, the more the merrier. Well, I guess as the saying goes, ‘be careful of what you wish for’. They’ll have to find some other solution to this problem. Perhaps they’ll have to increase the server capacity and even limit the guesting to once per week, which i think has contributed to this overcrowding problem.

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

If there were more variety of the items people want, then players would not have to camp the few popular spots. Nerfing everything is not the answer. People play the game to get treasures, and make gold and with the time/difficulty level they are used to. Getting a rare or 2 is not a big treasure in GW2 considering what its worth in the TP. The bigger problem is that we don’t have many items to buy with our gold after level 80.

(edited by lisamee.2408)

Ursan.7846

I honestly can’t believe people on this forum. I mean all I’ve read here in the past few months is complaint after complaint about lack of loot, or at least decent loot. Now the loot has been improved, the complaints of ‘too much’ loot are starting to appear. Geez! Is there no pleasing u people!

This line of thinking is really annoying me. Has it occurred to you that people are individuals, and hold differing opinions? That “u people” don’t all share the same thoughts?

Look through my post history please, and tell me when I complained about the lack of loot.

Also people seem to be misunderstanding that I don’t like more loot. No, I love more loot. However, I do not like the symptoms of more loot. Barring technical solutions (which tends to be very difficult. Look at how long it’s taken them to fix culling) I propose the solutions listed.

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

This game is doomed with all this excess of loot.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Ursan.7846

This game is doomed with all this excess of loot.

I hope you succeeded in getting that refund.

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

I mostly agree with OP on this topic. However, I don’t necessarily mind the probability of getting rares from the big bosses.

Instead, I have a problem with just how embarrassingly mindless the fights are. There is literally no strategy involved. The zergs have no problem spamming 1 and easily downing dragons. That seems so insanely wrong to me. I was truly surprised when the new patch didn’t include some counters to the ‘sweet spots’ for the dragons (where a mass of players stand in one location that doesn’t get hit by attacks).

I don’t just want loot from the bosses, I want the sense of accomplishment; I want to feel as though people strategically worked together to defeat the most powerful beings in the world. Then I’ll gladly take the rare.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Sorry if this idea has been posted, but why not extend the one-chest-per-character-per-day so it applies across servers?

Ursan.7846

I mostly agree with OP on this topic. However, I don’t necessarily mind the probability of getting rares from the big bosses.

Instead, I have a problem with just how embarrassingly mindless the fights are. There is literally no strategy involved. The zergs have no problem spamming 1 and easily downing dragons. That seems so insanely wrong to me. I was truly surprised when the new patch didn’t include some counters to the ‘sweet spots’ for the dragons (where a mass of players stand in one location that doesn’t get hit by attacks).

I don’t just want loot from the bosses, I want the sense of accomplishment; I want to feel as though people strategically worked together to defeat the most powerful beings in the world. Then I’ll gladly take the rare.

Agree with this. Something I suggested in another topic is for Anet to develop some kind of crowd-detecting algorithm that allows the dragons to detect large clumps of players. Then make the bosses drop AoE/mobs onto these locations. It will encourage movement, at the very least, and that is good.

Another suggestion is to make the mechanics like the siege in Shatterer/Mega Laser in Teq/Pact Golem/Bombs in Jormag much more important and the focal point, instead of players autoattacking away. Place them in multiple locations too, so you don’t get players focused on just one spot. If all these siege/lasers/etc. fall, you can acually FAIL the mission. This gives an incentive to actually carry out objectives instead of autoattacking the boss.

I feel the Temple events are already a pretty good template. Just apply some of the similar philosophies to the Dragon fights/low level bosses, and I think we’ll be good.

Posted by: Hilda Raven.8641

Hilda Raven.8641

Agree with this. Something I suggested in another topic is for Anet to develop some kind of crowd-detecting algorithm that allows the dragons to detect large clumps of players. Then make the bosses drop AoE/mobs onto these locations. It will encourage movement, at the very least, and that is good.

Another suggestion is to make the mechanics like the siege in Shatterer/Mega Laser in Teq/Pact Golem/Bombs in Jormag much more important and the focal point, instead of players autoattacking away. Place them in multiple locations too, so you don’t get players focused on just one spot. If all these siege/lasers/etc. fall, you can acually FAIL the mission. This gives an incentive to actually carry out objectives instead of autoattacking the boss.

I feel the Temple events are already a pretty good template. Just apply some of the similar philosophies to the Dragon fights/low level bosses, and I think we’ll be good.

Could not agree more. Make the major events with guaranteed chest rares actually take some work. Make them fail-able, dragons can fly away. Use the same type of system that scales the DEs now, if theres 100s of people present, more mobs, stronger mobs. These huge dragon events are AFK-able. Temples and such are not, a dragon should be a challenge. Add something new to it, make it as much of a challenge as that annoying priest of melandru is to those new to it. The agony, the nightmare and how difficult he is when I was new hehe.

Dragons are supposedly the most feared beings, these events made them look like a pinata.

TLDR, I am all for the greater rewards, but make it a challenge then no one can say they didn’t work for it.

Posted by: Tyrantis.8640

Tyrantis.8640

Well, I am at quite a few large events (all of the dragons, maw etc) on Friday nights and all I can say is while there is some lag, it isn’t unbearable.

My friends have issues and the difference is their PC is just not as good as mine.

I love the new loot drop system as I didn’t usually do more than a dragon a day. Now I am guaranteed way better loot at least once a day. I can deal with that!

My recommendation is to get a PC that can handle all the people on the screen or wait for development to work on the issues that can allow PCs like yours to handle the traffic (which isn’t going to happen)

Posted by: Hilda Raven.8641

Hilda Raven.8641

I have a 4 month old gaming rig with an i-7 3770k and a 7970, everything top of the line, new, no expense spared professionally built beast machine and the lag is awful. This is not about poor PCs I assure you, this is server side lag. If you ever stick around after a huge, packed dragon event like tequatl, you’ll notice the springback point when everything speeds up insanely fast for just 30 or so seconds while everything catches up after the major crowd teleports out of the area.

Again i say, nothing to do with PCs, my PC runs everything. I have no issues in any zones except dragon events where there are so many people my character never moves. I can turn it down to the lowest settings graphically in gw2 and the difference is minimal.

Some days are better than others, less people always helps. Perhaps by the time you get on most have already gotten their daily chest from it. No clue, but don’t blame PCs

Tyrantis.8640

I have a 4 month old gaming rig with an i-7 3770k and a 7970, everything top of the line, new, no expense spared professionally built beast machine and the lag is awful. This is not about poor PCs I assure you, this is server side lag. If you ever stick around after a huge, packed dragon event like tequatl, you’ll notice the springback point when everything speeds up insanely fast for just 30 or so seconds while everything catches up after the major crowd teleports out of the area.

Again i say, nothing to do with PCs, my PC runs everything. I have no issues in any zones except dragon events where there are so many people my character never moves. I can turn it down to the lowest settings graphically in gw2 and the difference is minimal.

Some days are better than others, less people always helps. Perhaps by the time you get on most have already gotten their daily chest from it. No clue, but don’t blame PCs

Then how come I never get ‘game crippling’ lag? I run an i7 with only a nVidia GTX 460 with 8 gigs of ram. Nothing super awesome… but better than most friends.

I play on Tarnished Coast (the most populated server) and do dragon runs Friday and Saturday nights (the most populated nights) and I am never unable to move due to end user lag. I have experienced server lag 2 times since beta.

I would say I play around 20-40 hours a week so you know I am not a newbie just blabbing about things.

Is it possible that you are being dramatic? Every event can’t lag THAT much for you if I have yet to experience it at all on my mid-high machine.

Ursan.7846

Then how come I never get ‘game crippling’ lag? I run an i7 with only a nVidia GTX 460 with 8 gigs of ram. Nothing super awesome… but better than most friends.

I play on Tarnished Coast (the most populated server) and do dragon runs Friday and Saturday nights (the most populated nights) and I am never unable to move due to end user lag. I have experienced server lag 2 times since beta.

I would say I play around 20-40 hours a week so you know I am not a newbie just blabbing about things.

Is it possible that you are being dramatic? Every event can’t lag THAT much for you if I have yet to experience it at all on my mid-high machine.

You want to post videos? It’s not that I don’t believe you, but I have an i7, 680, 16 GB ram, with a 50 Mbps. I play on CD, and the server lag is so bad that during Jormag, my heal skills go off like 5 seconds after I press it.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

You know what’d be really nice? If I could actually stay connected long enough to not be dead by the time I relog. This is incredibly frustrating, especially considering how incentivised these chests are.

If I can sneak in with a suggestion? Make these chests 1/character/day, and you can only get it when you’re on your home server. After you’ve done that one, or if you do it while guesting, you go back to the old, crappy chests.

You want to post videos? It’s not that I don’t believe you, but I have an i7, 680, 16 GB ram, with a 50 Mbps. I play on CD, and the server lag is so bad that during Jormag, my heal skills go off like 5 seconds after I press it.

wow

it’s almost

almost like latency is more dependent on the server and other external factors than your own computer specs, particularly regarding components which have nothing to do with data I/O

who would have thought

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Tyrantis.8640

Sure, look at my stuff at youtube.com/gamertoonsvideo and twitch.tv/gamertoons

Keep in mind streaming/recording results in around a 5-15 FPS drop depending.

Ursan.7846

wow

it’s almost

almost like latency is more dependent on the server and other external factors than your own computer specs, particularly regarding components which have nothing to do with data I/O

who would have thought

Exactly, which is annoying when people say “Get a better computer dude.” I’m preeeetty sure it’s not a problem on my own end.

Tyrantis.8640

wow

it’s almost

who would have thought

Exactly, which is annoying when people say “Get a better computer dude.” I’m preeeetty sure it’s not a problem on my own end.

Ok fine. I get it. I play on Tarnished Coast. It is the most populated server. They are doing something right on it if other servers are having problems.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

I have set my main up to farm for my alts, complete with full exotic magic find gear. In just two hours of grind time I can usually find 2 rares which I can decon for ecto along with enough materials and coin to make 10-12 rare items which I can also decon for ecto. So on average and by some mindless, boring grinding, I get 12 ecto for 2 hours of work plus enough cash to cover my expenses. To gather the 90 ecto it takes to outfit a level 80 in full exotics would take me 16 hours of grind time give or take.

So can someone who justs farms the events and chest drops make that much in a two hour period? I highly doubt it. The increased loot from the chests makes those events more worth doing and it is about time it happened. People are not looking to score rares during these events, they are looking at a chance to get a precursor.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Ok fine. I get it. I play on Tarnished Coast. It is the most populated server. They are doing something right on it if other servers are having problems.

i’m on tarnished coast too and i DCed when i tried to do Tequila and Jorlag \o/

Nalhadia – Kaineng

SneakyErvin.3056

Dont think the people that claim they have no lag really know what they are talking about.

It is not fps drops and choppy slow graphics people talk about. It’s ability delay they are talking about, something that cannot be avoided by buying a better computer. It’s all about connection and nothing else, and getting better connection speed does not help one bit.

I have a 24M telephone line myself and 2 of my friends have 100M fiberoptic hole in the wall lines. We all experience the same ability delay in events.

So the people that think they are some kind of computer wizards, stop saying “get a better computer”, it wont help. I honestly wish you could report some of them and have them banned, because someone with below avarage computer knowledge might listen and waste cash on a new PC even though they dont need to.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Limiting it to once per character regardless of guesting / overflow seems the obvious fix here. You get the chest once per day on a character, and you’re done, no matter what else you try to do.

The fact that they made it once per day in the first place obviously points to the fact that they don’t want people to farm them. That should include not wanting people to guest into other servers to farm them either. Its still farming, just with a few more hoops to jump through. If they’re trying to end farming of the same events over and over, then circumventing the issue with guesting is something that should be ended as well.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

agreed. drops from these are too good.
new loot: 100% chance of 1-3 rares is too much for these chests. (~2 rare average)
old loot: 10% chance of a rare is too little (0.1 rare average)
why can’t they do 50% chance of 1 rare, 5% chance of 2 rares? (0.6 rare average)
also, loot should be scaled with your contribution. and I thought these events were supposed to scale with how many people are nearby? why can 1 player take 10 minutes to kill it but 100 players takes 10 seconds?