[Discussion] race sex change.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mirion.9361

Mirion.9361

Would it be to much to ask for a race change? I always wanted to change races and I’m willing to put $$$ into it.

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

They’ve said in the past this wont happen as race is tied to the personal story. It gets even more complicated because each races personal story is also linked to achievements and mastery points.

It just seems to be too complex a problem, even going with the simplest solution (wipe everything) to make it worth the cost.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Race changes:
1) I am afraid that the team does contemplate different possibilities and new features for the future but this one is not among those. Source
2) There are a lot of far-reaching consequences of allowing one character to play through every race’s personal story or equip any cultural armor/weapons. (Snip) Source
3) Thanks for asking. To change the race in the Gem store will not be an option in Guild Wars 2. Source

Also, if you google it you’ll find the all previous threads asking for a race change and the answers.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Might want to edit your title, since you’re just talking about race change. And yeah, as was already said, race change isn’t likely to ever happen.

Mirion.9361

Might want to edit your title, since you’re just talking about race change. And yeah, as was already said, race change isn’t likely to ever happen.

I put sex in there to make it more accurate

RoseofGilead.8907

And how does that make it more accurate?

Mirion.9361

So people know what I’m talking about.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. That wasn’t meant to sound mean. It just seems you’re confused about what ‘sex’ means.

Posted by: Tyrannical.9348

Tyrannical.9348

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. That wasn’t meant to sound mean. It just seems you’re confused about what ‘sex’ means.

A persons race has nothing to do with their sex, so you can see where the confusion lies.

you can change gender, body features and even your name, but changing race clashes with personal story and character biography, which is an extremely hard predicament to work around in a functional way.

RoseofGilead.8907

You’re talking about a race change. Nowhere in your post did you mention a sex or gender change.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It actually made it less accurate since your stated wish on your post was only about race change. And since the game already has a total makeover kit, asking for a way to change sex is redundant.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

They’ve said in the past this wont happen as race is tied to the personal story. It gets even more complicated because each races personal story is also linked to achievements and mastery points.

The PS mastery point isn’t an issue. The points are per chapter not per chapter per race. Repeating the same chapter on a different race does not give additional points. The achievement panel makes it look like you get a point for each race but that is not the case.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

The PS mastery point isn’t an issue. The points are per chapter not per chapter per race. Repeating the same chapter on a different race does not give additional points. The achievement panel makes it look like you get a point for each race but that is not the case.

Doing the first 3 chapters on each race gives a separate mastery point per chapter per race though

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Doing the first 3 chapters on each race gives a separate mastery point per chapter per race though

Not according to what the dev said a while ago or when I added up all the points I got.