Do moderators get paid to mod these forums?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

Q:

Do they or are they volunteers?

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

A:

Please send an e-mail to forum@arena.net if you feel any action taken by a moderator was inappropriate. Due to the inflammatory tone of this thread, it will be closed.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Yes they are arenanet employees.

Posted by: Groovy.6749

Groovy.6749

I believe the community coordinators & moderators actually work for a 3rd party company employed by ANet. They are meant to be the bridge between the GW2 forums (aka player community) and the GW2 staff. Why would be why anytime somebody has a genuine question on the forums, they run to go and get a designer to answer it rather than hundling us directly.

So I’d guess they are paid for it yes.

(edited by Groovy.6749)

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

No serious company would use “volunteers” in these times and days to moderate an official forum. That was good like 10+ years ago maybe, and even then I don’t remember that except on sub par indie game forums.

As a paying customer, I definitely don’t want to be moderated by amateurs/volunteers. It would feel like going to a restaurant, and the waiters are fly ridden beggars randomly recruited through the city streets.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

Grizledorf.5290

No idea but the “Mods” are more like the Gestapo. They don’t even interact with the community to join in on the discussions. All we get is “This topic is closed” and variations of that. Why can they not join in on the chats like the blizzard community managers do? If i were them i would take a trip over to the wow community forums to learn how to treat their community.

Ps. To the employees, I have nothing personal against each of you just the way the forum is run(i understand it has been handed down from a higher level)

This is exactly how I feel. I try to contribute to a conversation and my entire fact filled, helpful post gets removed because of a perceived and imagined attitude.

I only come to this forum to answer questions. I am never rude unduly to anyone.

You want to ban me from the forum, go for it. It’s our community, I am helping other players.

More tact and diligence needs to be applied before you delete posts.

I never see any moderator take time to answer a beginners question, or a struggling players question. Ban/Delete the posts of players who are answering and helping and all you will have left is ..well.

Posted by: Groovy.6749

Groovy.6749

No idea but the “Mods” are more like the Gestapo. They don’t even interact with the community to join in on the discussions. All we get is “This topic is closed” and variations of that. Why can they not join in on the chats like the blizzard community managers do? If i were them i would take a trip over to the wow community forums to learn how to treat their community.

Ps. To the employees, I have nothing personal against each of you just the way the forum is run(i understand it has been handed down from a higher level)

This is exactly how I feel. I try to contribute to a conversation and my entire fact filled, helpful post gets removed because of a perceived and imagined attitude.

I only come to this forum to answer questions. I am never rude unduly to anyone.

You want to ban me from the forum, go for it. It’s our community, I am helping other players.

I never see any moderator take time to answer a beginners question, or a struggling players question. Ban/Delete the posts of players who are answering and helping and all you will have left is ..well.

ANet frowns upon call-outs. It is found in their terms and conditions.

Posted by: Killul.9685

Killul.9685

You are going to get infracted for this. If Anet is telling them to do what they are doing then Anet has extemely poor ideas about how to handle the forums. People get infracted and thread deleted for no reason.

Korrigan.4837

The moderators ban/delete troll posts too. To the difference of some “third party” forums, here you can talk about the game without being disrupted by people who hate it and don’t even play it anymore. That’s a good thing.

And yeah, Killul is right… even more because the second post of the thread is breaking the Godwin Law already. People get infracted and banned because they break the rules, and insulting the moderators (which the second post obviously did) is not permitted by those rules.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Seriously, just stop.

You keep making thread after thread about this, and it keeps getting deleted. Obsessive much?

Move on. Your post got deleted, big deal. People’s posts get deleted all the time. It is Anet’s forums, they can delete them if they feel they are not contributing or being constructive or friendly.

Making thread after thread to complain about it does not help. It just gets you more infractions, deleted threads, and leads to a ban.

Seriously, let it go and move on already.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Bhelliom.5324

Bhelliom.5324

You are going to get infracted for this. If Anet is telling them to do what they are doing then Anet has extemely poor ideas about how to handle the forums. People get infracted and thread deleted for no reason.

Don’t worry i already know. You get infracted for the most stupid things.

If it is a third party dealing with the moderation that would explain why they do not contribute as they know jack **** about the game.

Bhelliom.5324

Seriously, just stop.

You keep making thread after thread about this, and it keeps getting deleted. Obsessive much?

Move on. Your post got deleted, big deal. People’s posts get deleted all the time. It is Anet’s forums, they can delete them if they feel they are not contributing or being constructive or friendly.

Making thread after thread to complain about it does not help. It just gets you more infractions, deleted threads, and leads to a ban.

• * *FANBOY ALERT * * *

SpyderArachnid.5619

Seriously, just stop.

• * *FANBOY ALERT * * *

If you’ve read my posts, you would know I am far from a fanboy.

OP had a post deleted. So he raged about it by making a thread about moderation and infractions, which in turn will get his thread deleted. And it did.

So he did it again. Made yet another thread with the same thing and it got deleted again. But that wasn’t enough for him, no, he had to do it again. So he makes yet another thread about the same thing with the same message.

He is spamming. Simple as that. We don’t need 3-5 threads from him on the exact same thing over and over again. Post was deleted. Get over it. Don’t spam the forums with your complaints about it, just move on.

Let’s keep the discussion civil.

Rather ironic coming from the person who keeps spamming the forums with the same thread over and over again because you’re upset that they deleted your post. So much for being civil eh?

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)

Grizledorf.5290

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

It feels like volunteers though.

Grizledorf.5290

First of all, I never rage and I didn’t rage here at all. Secondly, a helpful constructive post I made was deleted. Third and last you have to stand up for what you believe in.

Korrigan.4837

A bit too late in a thread where the second posts compares the moderators with one of the worse prototype of human being in history…

I’m out of here… I see no future for this thread anyway.

Grizledorf.5290

And to the person who is trying to troll me, I never reposted the same post. All my posts are unique with different points and words used in all of them, no spam here.

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Something tells me more more than 2 people will end up suspended in a thread like this. I’m out of here not risking my chances hehe…

Bhelliom.5324

A bit too late in a thread where the second posts compares the moderators with one of the worse prototype of human being in history…

I’m out of here… I see no future for this thread anyway.

Well that all depends on what side your on the moderators may idolize them.

SpyderArachnid.5619

And to the person who is trying to troll me, I never reposted the same post. All my posts are unique with different points and words used in all of them, no spam here.

You keep posting this over and over in every one of the threads you keep making that are getting deleted:

So don’t give me this “I don’t repost the same post” business, when you clearly do.

Posted by: Nayru.4537

Nayru.4537

Seriously, just stop.

You are more obsessed about this than the OP by the looks of it.

Yes – my name is Nayru and I am a guy – we play games too, get over it.

Grizledorf.5290

The moderators ban/delete troll posts too. To the difference of some “third party” forums, here you can talk about the game without being disrupted by people who hate it and don’t even play it anymore. That’s a good thing.

And yeah, Killul is right… even more because the second post of the thread is breaking the Godwin Law already. People get infracted and banned because they break the rules, and insulting the moderators (which the second post obviously did) is not permitted by those rules.

he’s making a comparison that derived from the way he himself has been treated here and also from what he see’s others experience here. that is not a direct insult at someone that is an honest opinion and we’re having a discussion, where honest opinions are expected and wanted.

Grizledorf.5290

You keep posting this over and over in every one of the threads you keep making that are getting deleted:

So don’t give me this “I don’t repost the same post” business, when you clearly do.

that’s not a re-post, it’s an exert.

SpyderArachnid.5619

Seriously, just stop.

You are more obsessed about this than the OP by the looks of it.

How so? That was my first response I ever made to the OP. I didn’t respond to any of his other threads, I just saw them and then saw they got deleted.

I don’t think you have any idea what obsessed means by the looks of it.

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Be sure that this forum is moderated by a competent team with experience, and that we do our best to keep this forum constructive & friendly for everyone – players & staff members.

However, such concerns are not meant to be discussed on the forums, as the moderation of this forum is at the discretion of Arena Net staff members only. If you have any question or concern regarding forum moderation, you can send an e-mail to forums@arena.net.

The thread is now closed, thank you for your understanding.