Do you WvW? If not, what's stopping you?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

As the topic states, if you no longer WvW what keeps you from logging in? Just interested in what drives people away from this feature.

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

The usual what is known for ages now:
Thief class, culling, nightcapping, lack of rewards, small maps, no variety, lack of ladders etc etc…..oh most important: the developer thinks we dont exist atall.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

I do still run into WvW on occasion. But not with the same amount of gun-ho I used to.

I see more exploits every time, whether it’s Thieves using culling to their advantage, Mesmers glitching through gates, or use of map exploits like gaining invincibility just by standing on certain spots on the map (just to name a few.)
All that combined with the generally crappy, childish attitude of those ‘leet PvPers’ that abuse exploits generally tend to curb my enthusiasm for WvW.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

invincibilty is only possible around your own spawn point and there is no tower, camp or keep that can not be taken because of it,

mesmers glitching trough gates i have not seen but i have seen mesmers port some people back into a keep/tower they lost and whats wrong with that as its easy countered by checking for them and then killing them,

tho i have to agree that thiefs gain a big advanged with the rending issue

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

Posted by: Ekove.4586

Ekove.4586

Long list…big reason is how unrefined WvW is…but here goes in somewhat importance level to me:

1. Unrewarding in terms of items; Only one skin and item affix available, and takes 5 times as long to get as other means to get the same set…with better skin options. A general massive lack of rewards.

2. No title/rank system…only thing available is commander which costs nothing other than gold.

3. Lack of content in terms of maps, mechanics, tools, and activities. For examples people who like to roam have no option other than hunting dolyaks and PvE’ing camps. the only “roamers” type objective that people could fight over is the jumping puzzle, however most hardcore WvW’ers hate it. The game needs something like the jump puzzle that’s worth fighting over…that appeals to a wider audience. A hold the hill type of objective.

4. Lack of a guild function; No Arena’s, not structured PvP type place that gains points for your realm that’d depend on skill more than numbers. Thus creating no hierarchy in guilds…a guild has nothing to look forward forward other than gaining as many members as possible to have a lot of influence and upgrade generic structures.

5. Anonymity creates no rivalry…which to me is a big part of the PvP fun in an MMO…wanting to hunt specific people down.

6. Fighting unupgraded undefended structures which are taken in 2 minutes with minimal siege and deaths is more rewarding than taking a fully defended fully upgraded structure in a 2 hours epic battle.

7. NPC’s are counter productive; like the grub…it’s more punishing for a realm that goes for it, when big NPC’s like that should be an objective realms fight over.

8. Unfair unique class mechanics. Mainly the thieves ability to survive pretty much everything and kill dolyaks with absolute safety. To a lesser extent the mesmers portal having no equivalent ability of usefulness or uniqueness. The mesmer is the only profession that has strategies depending on it.

9. Bad designs of the areas and the objectives makes it a little dull…the main form of this is how each server prefers holding it’s entire map beforing moving on to another one…when the game should be designed where all servers want to distribute men equally over the 3 borderlands…

10. The boredom of fighting the same servers over and over, and no ability to ally with servers. This has a very simple solution, but will probably need a huge content patch and redesign of WvW; Simply make it a 2v2v2…this will completely keep things always fresh.

11. glitches and general balance which I understand will always be a constant on going thing. However this does not include the thieves invisibility spam and mesmers portals because these are mechanics that require redesign, not numerical rebalance.

(edited by Ekove.4586)

Posted by: Romulus.6290

Romulus.6290

i’d just be repeating what others have said. ArenaNet really need to focus on fixing WvW.

in the beta events and early on, WvW was my favourite part of the game. now i just come on whenever a event patch is out.

Posted by: gingertree.5062

gingertree.5062

Gear Wars 2
Gold sink
Lack of rewards (if you don’t play ‘x’ profession – no badges)
Mesmer/Thief culling
Mind Wrack
PvE/PvD
Gear Wars 2

The EBG jumping puzzle is actually the most fun part. Easily accessible for all 3 teams, small skirmishes, nice choke points. I would play if I had the gear for a desired build, and everyone else had theirs, but of course tryhards need to fill their ego by stomping players that don’t have it and it’s better if we all get gold for the gear through buying gems, thus it continues like so – you can see where I’m going with this. WvW players claiming they are being ignored should try sPvP to see what it’s really like to be neglected, however their complaints are still more than valid on a number of problems. At the end of the day WvW is PvE, I say that sadly. I feel bad for new players who try to take an interest in WvW, because it was a lot different when the game launched and everyone was on more equal terms.

Ekove.4586

Gear Wars 2
Gold sink
Mesmer/Thief culling
Mind Wrack
PvE/PvD
Gear Wars 2

The EBG jumping puzzle is actually the most fun part. Easily accessible for all 3 teams, small skirmishes, nice choke points. I would play if I had the gear for a desired build, and everyone else had theirs, but of course tryhards need to fill their ego by stomping players that don’t have it and it’s better if we all get gold for the gear through buying gems, thus it continues like so – you can see where I’m going with this. WvW players claiming they are being ignored should try sPvP to see what it’s really like to be neglected, however their complaints are still more than valid on a number of problems. At the end of the day WvW is PvE, I say that sadly. I feel bad for new players who try to take an interest in WvW, because it was a lot different when the game launched and everyone was on more equal terms.

I know this is a topic for personal opinion. And you make a great point about the EB JP…

But about the gear…this is an MMO, it will always be gear dependent, gear will always play it’s role and be one of the main reasons people play. There are many battle games that don’t depend on gear or progression, dota, starcraft, that warhammer game…and honestly it’s what you should try if you don’t want gear differentiation.

Fact of the matter is, many people won’t play this game if it lacked progression since that’s one of the core component of almost every successful (MMO)RPG. Name me one of the big hits that don’t involve gear progression…

Posted by: Eosin.2078

Eosin.2078

My video card.

That is all.

Posted by: gingertree.5062

gingertree.5062

Gear Wars 2
Gold sink
Mesmer/Thief culling
Mind Wrack
PvE/PvD
Gear Wars 2

I know this is a topic for personal opinion. And you make a great point about the EB JP…

But about the gear…this is an MMO, it will always be gear dependent, gear will always play it’s role and be one of the main reasons people play. There are many battle games that don’t depend on gear or progression, dota, starcraft, that warhammer game…and honestly it’s what you should try if you don’t want gear differentiation.

Fact of the matter is, many people won’t play this game if it lacked progression since that’s one of the core component of almost every successful (MMO)RPG. Name me one of the big hits that don’t involve gear progression…

I’ve nothing against gear progression in PvE, the issue is when that factors into PvP and I don’t feel all that motivated to play WvW when from a certain perspective I only exist to feed gear egos. I don’t like RTS, I’ve tried MOBA but the PvE element is too much for me, and I don’t give a crap about warhammer – at the end of the day these games aren’t GW2, and that’s why I don’t play them.

As for a big hit with PvP that didn’t involve gear progression, there was Guild Wars, and the reason sPvP in this game exists the way it does AND that was supposed to be a major selling point for this game but of course I now know what I do about WvW. sPvP could trump WvW so easily if they expanded on it with large scale battlegrounds/guild battles but we’re aware that won’t get people buying gems to get geared so there’s little incentive for Anet to do it.

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

QQ everywhere imo

I’m a guardian, I do not care about the silly thieves. I just dodge, heal and kite them while they foolishly attempt to kill me until my team mates arrive and kill the thief or he disappears like a scared dog

Progression system is coming in February and there’s plenty of ppl to kill until then. None of the other issues are game breaking to me (as for culling I try to avoid big fights, but if I am in a big fight I just TAB-target and spam skills/AoE → gg easy)

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

(edited by Chiolas.1326)

Posted by: Copenhagen Warrior.5861

Copenhagen Warrior.5861

Lack of badges .. sick of killing a person only to receive a kitten blue item.. I want a badge LOL… 500 just to make a part for legendary weapon is stupid… too many exploits also.. that and it just flat out boring, not to mention the big guilds that server hop.

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

My 10 fps in mass battles is what’s stopping me. Have decided to run scout and supply missions instead which becomes very boring thus my time in WvW has drastically declined.

This single game is not worth a 300+ dollar investment in a new motherboard and I5-I7 cpu although reading the tech forums those with such systems aren’t getting that much better performance anyways (bang for buck theory) as all my other games run flawlessly with my X4 955 cpu.

Posted by: Swifter.6451

Swifter.6451

People put badges as a reason? LOL

I get at least 50 a day and got the things I needed from them a long time ago. Easy answer to this thread is people don’t wvw cos they prefer pve.

Posted by: Geeo.2154

Geeo.2154

Terrible loot from kills
No ranks for my kitten
No real rewards from kills except XP, Im 80 and dont want any more skill points!
No real reason to run in 5man groups

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

Arghh, it’s not as if thieves are purposely using culling to there advantage, we don’t have a ‘ON’ switch and be like ‘oh yeah, ACTIVATE CULLING’ or anything.

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Lack of rewards

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I LOVE WvW. Its awesome fun. Anet knocked it out of the park in general but there are some annoyances most of which have already been stated in this thread.

We need more support for wvw and spvp. Whilst PvE gets whole new zones, whole new type of dungeon, amazing rewards (3 gold an hour) and ways to say “I am the best!”, we get nothing.

To echo some of the views above this is what I want:

1, Visible titles – like in planetside 2. If someone has 50k wvw kills I want it in my face and obvious that they are not to be messed with.

2, Culling needs fixing – everyone knows this. Its a problem even in 1 v 1 fights if they are a thief. Thieves aren’t OP at all but the culling makes them waaaaaay OP in wvw.

3, Not be a gold sink – upgrades shouldnt cost gold. You should spend “WvW karma” on it imo. And loot from players should be given a 500% buff or something because no rares ever from a player with like 8k kills is not acceptable imo. BUT PLEASE DONT GIVE NPCS BETTER DROPS OR WVW BE INVADED BY LOOT CHASERS RUNNING CAMPS!

4, Better general rewards – 1 type of exotic gear which takes at least 10 times as long to get as you can craft 10 different types or get 10 different types from dungeons? REALLY!?!?!? When ascended gear comes unless you can get ALL the types of ascended gear (all stats) from wvw then its just the usual middle finger to the pvp community.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Posted by: Geeo.2154

Geeo.2154

Also would like to be able to see the names of who im fighting, and custom dyes!

Posted by: HillbilliesRule.9087

HillbilliesRule.9087

invincibilty is only possible around your own spawn point

Completely untrue. There are spots (a supply camp comes to mind) where people can stand and be completely immune to damage while killing other players.

Posted by: Yamiino.1827

Yamiino.1827

People that look for rewards in WvW should be doing PVE or sPVP…

WvW is about winning and nothing else.

@Korsbaek: HillbilliesRule is correct, there are camps that allow people to be immune if they stand on the corners, I won’t mention which ones because it could become overused, though it’s not meant to work like that so it would be fine to simply report the exploiters.

- Badges?, I get atleast 100 badges per day :/ don’t know what tier you’re in, that could probably be the issue, not enough people to kill.

- Items?, I get atleast 2 gold per day worth of items (without mentioning rares and exotic drops per day, which I mostly break for ecto.)

- Thief/Mesmer culling?, go into a zerg of 40+ people, fight other zerg of 40+ people, you will find warriors, rangers, mesmers, thiefs, necros, etc. hidden everywhere. Culling is a GW2 issue, don’t blame Thiefs and Mesmers about it, the classes work the way they are, culling might give these two a little advantage, but don’t make drama about it because most of the time, a mesmer or thief that goes to kill 1v1 or 1v2 won’t be affected by culling, that means you suck with your character, better check up that PVE full berserker build, because it makes you explode in WvW.

In other words, stop QQing about WvW, it’s fine as it is, just fix the culling and you’re ready to go, guild ranks would be good though not necessary.

(edited by Yamiino.1827)

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

I get at least 50 a day and got the things I needed from them a long time ago. Easy answer to this thread is people don’t wvw cos they prefer pve.

Certain classes, like the guardian, are at a disadvantage in WvW when it comes to farming badges. So yeah, it’s a valid complaint, especially considering how many badges are required for items.

Anyway, to the OP, I’m growing weary of WvW just because there are no persistent rewards to fight toward, and the annoying culling issue. It doesn’t even need to be an individual reward, either, but something that we can work to build for the server. Right now, there’s only “server pride,” but why would that matter at all when things reset so quickly? Yay, we beat down all the servers in our current tier to move up, now we get to be beat on for the next week…in the absence of mass guild transfers, this static nature is going to kill WvW. Having a tangible reward a server can work towards will help instill a sense of purpose to WvW beyond simple pride.

(edited by Draeka.5941)

Posted by: kanikani.2430

kanikani.2430

- Items?, I get atleast 2 gold per day worth of items (without mentioning rares and exotic drops per day, which I mostly break for ecto.)

Just something to keep in mind, with that same playtime its not hard to make 10-20 gold per day in PvE, so no not even close to equal.

Also wanted to add, that when I talk to newer players, their main apprehension is that they are intimidated of doing it wrong and getting made fun of or yelled at, which does happen btw.

Ishionna (80 Ele)
Maguuma

(edited by kanikani.2430)

Ekove.4586

You do realize that not only 50 a day is a relatively high number, but you can get 60 tokens from AC in 15 minutes, and it practically gives the same gear minus the trinkets? You don’t see how that’s a problem and how WvW not only has limited rewards but their expense is ridiculous compared to badge drop rate is ridiculous and not worth doing.

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Badges for kills needs to b removed. All it does is make people blood thirsty. If Ur getting 100 badges a day from kills Ur probably not playing wvw theway Ur suppose to. Badges should b rewards for capping stuff. Would make people actually do something usefull. Let be honest, ganking people all day long doesn’t help out most of the time. Also the JP need to be removed from wvw

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Ekove.4586

Badges for kills needs to b removed. All it does is make people blood thirsty. If Ur getting 100 badges a day from kills Ur probably not playing wvw theway Ur suppose to. Badges should b rewards for capping stuff. Would make people actually do something usefull. Let be honest, ganking people all day long doesn’t help out most of the time. Also the JP need to be removed from wvw

See, some of us want open world PvP, that’s what we are into, we only like objectives on the side…if at all. As a PvP game it’s ridiculous to suggest it should not include straight up open world PvP and it should all be objectives.

And if the way it’s supposed to be is to “cap” stuff, which is most efficiently done against undefended structures and thus that’s how people will farm badges from there on…then I do not know what to tell you if you enjoy that. I enjoy farming spiders in a level 10 zone more than taking an undefended structure.

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

There are imperfections for sure but I log in every night and have a great time in wvw.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

All the various exploits, imbalances, and minor other things, are all annoying. But just a nuisance.

The two core problems of GW2 WvW right now are more structural in nature.

1) It is a numbers game. With numbers in off-peak hours weighted a bit more heavily depending on the match-up. Skill and organization can beat numbers briefly. But can anyone think of a single week-long match where the winning server did not have superior numbers/coverage, and a greater total of man-hours spent in WvW?

In the end it always comes down to numbers. And as more players surpass several hundred hours in WvW apiece they are growing to recognize this. And it is a motivation killer.

2) And arguably worse, is the tactical and strategic stagnation of WvW gameplay. During the first few months there were plenty of new and interesting things being tried and innovated. But now? Everything is static, I can’t even remember the last time I saw a fresh position for siege equipment, or a new style of attacking or defending.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

As the topic states, if you no longer WvW what keeps you from logging in? Just interested in what drives people away from this feature.

Because ANet added gear creep in WvW.

Also Thieves x culling kill the small scale gameplay.

Server xfers and no names kills the adversarial community.

No in-game alliance functions kills the teamwork community.

Annoying.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Posted by: Eirik.9145

Eirik.9145

I have several reasons why I don’t WvW more than I do.

1. Horrible mechanics involving towers/keeps. Attackers can cast spells that wrap over castle walls to affect siege and defenders, while defenders are obstructed by the wall using abilities to attack unless they climb on top of the wall exposing themselves to be pulled from the wall, or easily hit by spells, arrows, etc. It’s totally inconsistent with the point of a wall walk around a tower or keep. The current method just allows quick flipping of those objectives which is contrary to the point of having the structures. You might as well have a big open area with flags all over the place to capture.

2. Lack of any real strategy in WvW which is exasperated by the above. Zergs are the rule and it’s more like swarms of locusts running around rather than any battlefield strategy.

3. Big culling and lag problems. Some of the worst I have seen in the games I have played. This is almost entirely due to inefficiencies with Anet hardware and software neither of which I expect to be corrected soon, or at all.

4. It has gotten to the point where it has become the same 3 servers playing each other week after week. It gets boring, and the order of finish at the end of a week starts to be the same. The server in 3rd place week after week ends up losing guilds and drops like a rock in the standings.

5. The badge drop rate seems horrible to me, although it seems to be significantly better for some classes than others. I got over 100 kills with my necromancer and got 6 whole badges. My warrior got that many badges with less than a 1/4 as many kills. It could just be a case of Anet’s fluky rng, but it seems that some classes have a much easier time getting badges for an equal amount of kills.

6. Not necessarily why I don’t play, but a problem with WvW nonetheless. Map completion in the game requires you to collect all the pois in the bgs, but if a person is on the third place, or even second place in some instances, server in the WvW tier, they will find it impossible to do so. So you need to do WvW to get map completion, but it’s necessary to do it on a different server?

Frankly, I think hoping for any big changes to WvW is a pipe dream. The fact of the matter is that WvW makes Anet no money whatsoever, unless commanders are buying their icons with gold purchased at the GW2 cash shop. A business isn’t going to devote a lot of resources to something that gives them no return on investment. If they did, said business wouldn’t be in business very long.

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

Certain classes, like the guardian, are at a disadvantage in WvW when it comes to farming badges. So yeah, it’s a valid complaint, especially considering how many badges are required for items.

Anyway, to the OP, I’m growing weary of WvW just because there are no persistent rewards to fight toward, and the annoying culling issue. It doesn’t even need to be an individual reward, either, but something that we can work to build for the server. Right now, there’s only “server pride,” but why would that matter at all when things reset so quickly? Yay, we beat down all the servers in our current tier to move up, now we get to be beat on for the next week…in the absence of mass guild transfers, this static nature is going to kill WvW. Having a tangible reward a server can work towards will help instill a sense of purpose to WvW beyond simple pride.

LOL guardian kicks kitten in WvW, sorry but your argument is invalid.

Did I say guardians can’t kill in WvW? No. I said farming badges, which classes like the ele are superb at doing. So no, my argument is not invalid, so please try to grow up and actually contribute something to this discussion.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

If it wasn’t for the puzzles and daily. I probably wouldn’t queue for wvw at all.

I usually come for the puzzles and to get the daily events done. But if I’m enjoying a fight, I’ll stay for a little while. Otherwise not worth my time.

Posted by: Archonis.7249

Archonis.7249

For me, WvW has started to run like a kitten for the past couple patches.

That is why I don’t really play anymore. I like someone said before. Take Supply Camps, kill guard posts on the road and killing dolyaks and small groups reinforcing their main forces.

“Society is a madhouse, whose wardens are the police and the officials.”

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

invincibilty is only possible around your own spawn point

Completely untrue. There are spots (a supply camp comes to mind) where people can stand and be completely immune to damage while killing other players.

That SW supply camp is next to the spawn, hence invulnerability.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

But about the gear…this is an MMO, it will always be gear dependent, gear will always play it’s role and be one of the main reasons people play.

That is all well and good, but ANet built a system where it was fairly easy to get competitive max stats without leaving WvW. This was well thought out.

Then they introduced gear creep. I don’t really mind having a new tier of better equipment, but it is exclusively available outside WvW while continuing to affect WvW. Even something as simple as making Ascended gear bind-on-equip would solve this issue.

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

I have no idea why ANet didn’t make WvW a “PvP zone” with the same restrictions and mechanics as sPvP.

Oh wait, because they wanted to drag in the PvE crowd to clear jump puzzles.

Sigh.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I’d like to see more abundant/better drops in WvWvW. That would really help a lot I think.

Not that you need to be rolling in the loot, but it definitely could use to be increased. I’m just going to pull a number out of the air here, but at a guess I’d say you make about 6 times more money running dungeons than you do playing WvWvW for the equivalent amount of time.

Let’s face it. If you’re regularly buying siege equipment, it’s unlikely you got the money for it in WvWvW.

WvWvW doesn’t need to be as profitable as hard grinding of repeated dungeons or anything, but getting a reasonable amount out of it would really draw a lot more people in. People want to have fun AND make some money. Not just one and not just the other.

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

Other things to do.

Lots of running around.

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

I don’t pvp, in any form. Simply because I would rather not have someone stroking their epein in my face. That and all the commanders seem to know how to do is type in caps, I even avoid them in pve. If someones is a commander that’s in a group with me, I’ll leave. I can’t stand people that try to ruin another persons fun just because their ego is more important.

Posted by: Singh.8206

Singh.8206

It’s borrriiiinnnnnggggg!

Posted by: Dragonz.6953

Dragonz.6953

Only do it for quick quaggans or dolyak for the 5 event daily. Its a gold sink. I actually lose money by doing it. its getting me no where close to my legendary. The more I do it the more I get left behind.

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

I feel individually ineffectual. I feel like it takes too long to set up siege and actually take control of other areas, takes too long to knock down gates, the combat system is boring and shallow, everything deteriorates to zerg and class imbalances shine through here rather than anywhere else. The reward system is imbalanced, the breakout events don’t work as they thought, it’s a money-sink with little incentive. It’s just not fun, it’s premature, shallow, boring, and zergy.

I would prefer for them to add a mode much like AB in GW1 for PvP.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

I kind of like WvWvW and wish I was better at it. I’ve read a few guides and log in now and then. It’s fun in a disorganized way as a newbie in the zerg.

However, every time I ask for tips to get better on the WvWvW board I get told to stfu and rtfm. People on that board seem to be 13 years old with no other testosterone outlet, so I don’t bother reading it anymore.

If WvWvW folks want other players to do more WvWvW, they need to help those players learn. Simple really.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

(edited by Midnightjade.3520)

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I want to WvW more, I really do, but this is why I don’t touch it much:

- Individual fights don’t contribute much, if any, to success and big fights tend to be zerg spams where little to nothing is accomplished.

- There’s not much community behind WvW. I think if they scaled WvW down and brought back Guild vs Guild with the mechanics, I would love it.

- The grind to get tokens for WvW gear is so slow, that it really feels pointless. This is sad because I really like the set.

- With out any beginning and end, there is rarely if ever any sense of urgency.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I only do it when I have to in order to accomplish something else like monthly achievement or map completion.

Why? Because it is confusing and chaotic and people are unfriendly. I don’t mean the enemy, never heard a bad word from any of them. (Duh!)

When I do go, I run with the zerg and so far I have managed to kill more than die. I’d rather not bring my server down with my presense there, so I try to survive.

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

There is some serious problem with badge drops. 3 hours of wvw with ele and not 1 badge. You get only if you finish people? Don’t get it. Hardly worth being ranged like this. You kill and the close combat mob up for badges.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

5. Anonymity creates no rivalry…which to me is a big part of the PvP fun in an MMO…wanting to hunt specific people down.

Disagree 1000%
ANet did it right by making enemies unable to talk to each other. Last thing I want is some kid with an attitude paging me about how I suck, or how he’s going to kill me after I just killed him.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

1. No-strat Zergs. When I think large-scale epic fantasy battles I think strategic maneuvers and large scale tactics; feints, guerilla warfare, scouting, and LOTR type stuff. I do not think of two massive groups haphazardly throwing projectiles and bodies at each other like a kindergarten dodgeball game.

2. Melee is almost always useless, the only exception I can see is Ele daggers because Ride the Lightning is such a ridiculously effective escape maneuver. And thieves, but only because of the subsequent issue…

3. Thief culling exploit. Wandering around the world engaging in small 1v1s or 2v2s used to be a lot of fun in WvW, and it gave melees at least something to do even if it doesn’t really contribute to a win. Now you run across a nigh-invincible thief every fifty feet, and melees are just completely screwed.

4. Lag

5. The DOZENS of terrain exploits that ANet doesn’t even acknowledge, let alone address.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’m still enjoying PVE. When I am done with all the classes on that I’ll see about WvW.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

Disagree 1000%
ANet did it right by making enemies unable to talk to each other. Last thing I want is some kid with an attitude paging me about how I suck, or how he’s going to kill me after I just killed him.

Wow. Someone needs to go back to school and learn the meaning of the word Anonymity. The poster was talking about being able to know who you are fighting by presenting their name on the screen other than “so and so invader” .