Do you still bother with daily achievement?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

125 jugs and counting…

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

I try to, but it does get monotonousness at times. The reward is awesome now in the long run considering those coins net you much more cash then it did a few months back. I just wish it didn’t reset to nothing when I fail to get it done in a single day. Things come up and interrupt my play session and I usually forget to complete that kitten kill variety.

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

Never ‘bothered’ to do them , because it’s not bothering, I tend to just get it automatically while playing.
Worst case so far was having to find 1 or 2 additional mob types before logging off.

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

I’ve been trying to remember to do them. I found it actually goes by faster in WvW than PvE for me. Events get done in a snap, and I gather along the way when the pressure’s off. I don’t know how I manage the kill variety, but I guess parties sometimes run through environment aggro, so that takes care of that.
I never thought of saving up jugs until I can use them under a buff. I think I’ll do that from now on. Thanks, thread.

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

I am hoping the new UI improvements to the daily will help a bit. The current system is a touch in-cumbersome when it comes to tracking your progress. Hell, just having the words “Daily Achievement : Incomplete ##%” Would help me a ton.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Yes..Its the only thing worth doing in open world Currently.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I definately focus on my daily every day until I get it done. 4k free Karma is great. The harvesting / kill count usually comes naturally anyway since I always harvest everything regardless and 60 kills is nothing. But the kill variety / events ones require a bit of extra effort. For the former, definately keeping track of what I’ve killed and if I see a new enemy it must die, and for the later it’ll usually sort itself out to a degree, but it does mean that I’ll sometimes ask in map chat to try and find events or if I really just want (or need) to knock it out fast, go to starter areas where events are very common.

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Yep, do it every day. Why would I pass up a jug of karma?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

The daily can usually be fit in naturally with whatever you are doing. At the end of the day the only thing I do specially for the daily is the kill variety and that just takes a few minutes. I always finish them for the karma.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Nope, too many alts, too little time to worry about that stuff. Cool, when it happens….don’t even think about otherwise.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I had done them every day from launch through about two weeks ago. Then I got sick and had no energy to play, so I’ve only done them 2-3 times in the last two weeks. I expect I’ll get back to them regularly once I feel better.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

It takes me about an hour to get the daily done; and it’s worth it.

It will be interesting to see how this works when the update comes.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

I try to do them daily on an alt for the bonus xp and the karma jugs.

I’ve found far too may useful items to spend karma on since getting my legendary to pass up the free karma. From harvesting tools to pve/wvw consumables, there’s so much useful stuff!

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I try to do them every day. Sometimes on both accounts. I do skip the monthlies, though, since I hate being forced to do things I am not really interested to do at this point. If it was only WvW, or only FotM in one monthly, I might try to complete it. Both in one month? No thank you. I play a lot of hours monthly and if by playing naturally I can’t even half completer the monthly, then it loses all value as a play incentive.

I really hope that the “bucket of choices” coming in the future for dailies also applies to monthlies. I’ve always hoped that monthlies would be a
complete four of these eight" sort of affair, so it would encourage players of varying playstyles to play the game more, rather than trying to force more players to play content they just are not very interested in.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I do my dailies everyday. I usually try to save the reward for my lower level characters to help bump them up when I’m able to. Plus I use all the karma to keep my cooking addiction fed…

Now monthlies, no I never do them anymore. Until the WvW requirement is removed, I might not ever do them again.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: MattCoy.3098

MattCoy.3098

It’s worth because it is rewarding. It’s also very easy to do – just make sure you’re not in Orr

Posted by: bartem.2731

bartem.2731

Totally. In fact, last two months I started doing monthlies and I found out wvwvw is actually fun for me. Also nothing beats dailies+DE in helping your new alt level up without spending much effort on it.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I don’t specifically aim for them, but usually get them just by playing. When I’m close to being done for the night I’ll check and if I’m pretty close to one, I’ll work to get it before logging out.

That happened last night, I checked and was only 1 event away from getting my last daily, so I ran around until I saw an event going on and finished that before logging out.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Actually when i was playing that’s all i’d do. It was the only thing worthy of my time. I refuse to play another dungeon only lobby style game with this new FotM, I’ve had 6 years of that, no thanks. Came to this game because it was supposed to be different.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

I get the feeling that this thread didn’t turn out the way the OP wanted at allllll.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

I personally dont think dailies are any good for casuals who play maybe a couple hours a day – could be wrong though

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

everyday. Sometimes I make sometimes I don’t. RL seem to get in the way.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Posted by: anonymouse.9053

anonymouse.9053

I have never actually tried to do them. A short attention span prevents me from completing just about anything. lol

Posted by: Barenthius.8917

Barenthius.8917

um heck yeah i need the mystic coins i ran out of the 100 or so i had trying to get mystic clovers … and i still only have 57

and ive found a path that gets them done in like 15-20 min easy enough for the casuals and more focused groups !

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

Yes, I try to make sure I complete it via normal game play leveling my characters.

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

Ya, I do. It’s about the only thing I do now in the game. Log in ,Do the daily,log off.

Same here xD

I rarely even log in these days, when I do it’s usually for 5-10 minutes standing in LA deciding if I want to do the daily, or not.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I personally dont think dailies are any good for casuals who play maybe a couple hours a day – could be wrong though

A casual playing a couple of hours a day? I wouldn’t call that casual. The daily can be done within 30 minutes (I finished my daily in 20 minutes last night as I didn’t have a lot more time available). So, especially for casuals, doing the daily can be very good. They won’t have the time to gather massive amount of karma during normal gameplay, you’ll need a lot of DE’s to get 4500 karma…

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Only missed 2 so far. Once because i came home too late and too tired and the other because i was too sick to play.

I just wish the dailies would stop giving the basic transmutation stone as the bonus. At least make it a fine transmutation stone.

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Only missed 2 so far. Once because i came home too late and too tired and the other because i was too sick to play.

I just wish the dailies would stop giving the basic transmutation stone as the bonus. At least make it a fine transmutation stone.

Actually the confirmed rewards are the karma jug and 1 mystic coin. Theres a chance to get a random gemstore item and it IS possible to get fine transmutation stones.

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

@Xenth – Thanks again for the tip, got the monthly JP stuff done in about an hour without leaving LA last night.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Actually the confirmed rewards are the karma jug and 1 mystic coin. Theres a chance to get a random gemstore item and it IS possible to get fine transmutation stones.

I know that. But why bother giving a basic one. I feel like i lost a chance to get something actually semi useful. Its like those 1c reward of old.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I never did dailies after lvl 80.
Honestly I have no use for the rewards it gives so it would be pointless to do it every day.

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I know that. But why bother giving a basic one. I feel like i lost a chance to get something actually semi useful. Its like those 1c reward of old.

I wish I could use the basic stones for something I have collected almost 300 of them through normal play. They are more worthless than karma right now.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

They kinda just happen naturally for me when im playing the game.
And later on, when I look back im like “ohh hey! I didnt know I had that done!”

That always brings a smile in my face =)

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Log on an bank alt, mine some ore, log main, go wvws & kill things, go bank, stick bits in their places & log off.
I guess that`s a yes

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Posted by: Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Yes, it usually takes 30-40minutes to get the bulk done from an alt I’ve parked in Queensdale.
About the only thing I do keep an eye on is making sure I finish (last kill, gather or mopb type) on a max level char so I can get the most money & karma etc.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Karma, mystic coins and sometimes gem store consumables for something you get by doing something you already had planned to do?

The only one that may give trouble is the kill variety, but all you have to do is travel to Thaumanova and you can do it just in there: Svanir, oozes, animals, shells, skelk, griffins, ettins, trolls, minotaurs, elementals… all sorts of stuff in there.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Genevra.6318

Genevra.6318

Unless I can only be on for a very short amount of time on a particular day, I always try to complete my daily. As others have said, you can complete most of the requirements doing your normal activities—though I do sometimes have to seek out those last few kill varieties or DEs—and you get extra XP, money, karma, and maybe a BL freebie. What’s not to like?

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I set aside a few minutes each day to finish my dailies. I do them on a low level alt in caledon forest pretty quickly, but i usually start them off on another character as I do my regular thing. I’m very much looking forward to the daily changes coming on the 28th.

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I skipped it for about 2 weeks during the Wintersday event – if I hadn’t, I’d have my Juggernaut finished already.

I’m hoping the February monthly can be completed quickly – I still need about 250k karma.

Posted by: Kingfisher.7213

Kingfisher.7213

Title says it all. Are you still into them?

I still do them. Not every day, but about 3-5 times a week.

Soon, the dailies are going to have additional value.

In a couple of days, ArenaNet is releasing a new storyline to Tyria called Flame and Frost. In addition to the normal rewards, completing dailies will also grant “laurels”.

These laurels are going to be a new currency for purchasing items like Ascended Gear:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/january-2013/#flame-and-frost

“New Achievement Laurels
You’ll earn these brand-new laurels as a reward for daily and monthly achievements!
Redeem these laurels for rewards like the new Ascended gear and Infusions!"

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Maybe I would if there was something worth while to spend my over 500k in karma I already have on. Once you hit 80 not much other than legendary reasons to use your karma…

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Dragon Relic.8216

Dragon Relic.8216

I do my daily every day, I also try and do my monthly.

Posted by: Emerge.9640

Emerge.9640

Daily, yes. Monthly, no because it has fractals as part of the requirement.

ROAM | Oink | TLP

Posted by: Jatari Thundercloud.3794

Jatari Thundercloud.3794

5 silver karma jugs and an occasional black lion salvage kit or other item keeps me doing it.. every day …..

Defensive Tactical Commander
Server : Dragonbrand

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

I have one alt dedicated to running the ‘daily’ daily. I take the 10 minutes to complete it and log him out and will do this until I hit 80, then I’ll start a new alt. Getting to 80 takes a month or so this way bit it’s very little work and when they get there I have plenty of karma jugs to purchase a full set of exotic armor.

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

Yes, for three reasons.

One, it’s incredibly easy and doesn’t feel much like a grind.

Two, it’s easy karma. With maximum karma gain, each jug is nearly 8k Karma, which is useful for kitting out newly-80 characters. At those rates, a month’s worth of jugs (not counting the monthly) is a full set of Temple armor.

Three, I’m in an achievement points race with guild members, and dailies are an easy source of them. You’ve got to find meta-game ways to stay entertained, sometimes.