Do you still do Dailies every day?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m just curious.

When the new daily system came out a lot of people complained about feeling forced to do it every day, while other people argued that you really didn’t need to and missing a day (or even several days) wasn’t a big deal.

At the time I was very much in the second group. I would sometimes do my daily, usually if I noticed I already had 3 or 4 from just playing I’d finish it off. Other days I wouldn’t get it at all. Then I started to get really into the system, I’d check the requirements as soon as I logged in and although it wasn’t the only thing I did I’d definitely focus on getting them done and it did determine which character(s) I’d play, when I’d do crafting etc.

One unexpected effect this had was I began to feel like I had to do the daily. Which is silly because if anything doing it regularly should make missing a day even less of an issue, but that’s how I was feeling. I guess I was getting hooked on the sense of achievement, or overly focused on making progress towards the laurel items or something.

Then the Super Adventure Box was added. I didn’t have enough time to do both and at first this really bothered me (which is when I finally realised how much I was focusing on the dailies). I decided to focus on SAB because that’s only going to be here for a short time.

Then I finished SAB sooner than expected and since I didn’t want to farm it for skins or whatever I went back to playing the main game and just doing the odd run through SAB. But I haven’t gone back to doing dailies every day. Instead I’ve gone back to what I was doing originally – doing it sometimes if it fits with what I wanted to do that day.

While I doubt everyone else will have been through the same experience having realise I’ve gone through so many different attitudes towards dailies (only to end up right back where I started) made me wonder if everyone else still feels the same way they did originally, or if they’ve changed their minds too.

So. Do you still do the dailies every day? Is it because you feel forced to, because you enjoy it or because it happens as a result of playing normally? If you didn’t do them every day do you do so now?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Sericenthe.5310

Sericenthe.5310

Yes. 1 Laurel, 1 Jug of Karma. Worth it. Daily takes me 15 minutes to half hour at the most if I’m focused on it. I only focus on it if I have to.

Seri Kali [Me] – 80 Necromancer -Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Elodie.3850

Elodie.3850

When I wanted a specific item from the laurel shop, I made sure to do them every day. I still check it when I log in, but if I feel like I can’t be bothered to focus on getting some or any of them then I won’t bother. If it happens through normal gameplay, well then.. bonus.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I make an effort to do it every day that I actually play the game (I don’t play on weekends, so I accept that I’ll always miss 1 daily, maybe 2 if I don’t do Friday’s on friday night). The rewards are definately worth it, especially the karma (thats more karma than I can usually make in a full day of just playing), since right now I still need lots of karma for cultural weapons and exotic temple armor.

Sometimes I don’t actually finish it, though. I won’t have enough time, or I’ll lose track of time just playing normally and forget that I still need to craft 10 items and miss the deadline, or something like that. Especially this month, it’ll sometimes come down to doing my “daily” runs of SAB for Bauble Bubbles or doing my actual daily, and I’ve been leaning towards the former most of the time if that does come up.

If I do miss it, I’ll be mad for about a minute, then shrug and get over it. Its a loss and I’d certainly rather get it done, but not a soul crushing, progress halting loss that I can’t get over.

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I get 5/5 normally just doing what I normally do. Then if reset is like <1hr away and by some strange alignment of the planets mine isn’t done, I play a lot, I’ll set aside 5mins to finish it.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I have missed a lot of them this month.. But mostly yes. I try to take 20 minutes to finish them every day for the karma. Laurels are nice but I just waste them on dyes :P I usually check about 7pm (my time) to see how far I’ve gotten on the daily through just playing. usually it is between 3/5, 4/5. Then i just go finish it off before the reset.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Short answer: No. It’s too tedious.

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

takes a few mins usually, at most half an hour if I try the events ones and get unlucky finding them. (if I’m not wvwvw’ing)

I usually get them just playing normally, or just have to spend 5mins finishing the last one off.

Loved teh “vist laurel vendor” one today! lol.
Then again, if I miss a day by not playing, no biggie> I used to hate that in wow as I felt I fell behind, in GW2 I really dont care, and thats a good thing, it means I;m not feeling forced to do stuff.

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I’ve been doing it every day if I play that day (sometimes I can’t play at all). I never really feel obligated to do it. I’m lucky to not be at level 80 yet, and still exploring zones and therefore doing daily quests. Usually just by doing my daily thing, I end up getting all of the requirements without much additional effort.

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

The “too tedious” comment makes me laugh a little… Dailies really do take all of 10-15 minutes to complete if you’re focused, and even then you’re still picking up xp, getting resources, killing stuff and getting loot, etc. If that’s tedious, the whole game must be tedious to you?

I don’t play every day, but on the days I do play I tend to finish the dailies as I’m doing all my other game-related stuff, yes, but I don’t sweat any days I may miss. I think I have around 60 laurels or so. Curiously, I find that I have to specifically make an effort to do them on my level 80-main, but when I’m messing around with my sub-level 20 alts they tend to complete more naturally without any extra effort.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I do then pretty much every day. If I miss one or two, oh well. I might stop doing them eventually, but not just yet. Mostly buying necklaces for my alts with laurels.
My boyfriend, however, doesn’t feel the need to get any ascended gear and we can get more gold by running CoE once than by buying unidentified dyes with laurels and selling them, so he doesn’t see the point in laurels or dailies.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

But… but… but if you don’t do the dailies every day, how are you going to stay in the top 100 on the leaderboards? LOL

I’ve never felt compelled to do them, I will if I get a chance but I don’t care about missing a day.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Definitely do

I complete most of it by playing and then throw in a few extra minutes to finish it off. The effort for rewards is great.

It’s also encouraged me to explore some areas I had ignored (largely jumping puzzles). Up until dailies, I had not done any. Now I have almost done all of them.

Posted by: Corvax.1675

Corvax.1675

I do them every day. They are really easy, sometimes I can complete them in 30 minutes, depending on the requirements. Although sometimes I feel forced to do them, it is really me who wants the achievement, so it’s a matter of decision for me.

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Yes, will never miss them. Sometimes I log I. Just to get the daily done on less than 20 mins and them log off

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m just curious.

Mostly. Did I bring the cat back?

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I don’t. I don’t play daily and I can’t be bothered to log in only to do them and even when I play I miss them often enough because (like today) the requirements do not fit the plans I have for this evening.

Dailies are just not my thing, I guess.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

best way to get your laurel IMO is doing Spvp daily.

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

You can find guides that show you best location for the daily category. really knowing were to go to get it done fastest is key.

I missed a few dailies from not logging on but if I am able to play I usually log in go straight to doing some that I know I need to go out of my way from my plans.

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

Well, I usually just go around, minding my own business, then near the end of my play I either have already completed it or have something like 4/5, so I just finish it in 5 mins and log off I already have ascended set, so I don’t really need the laurels much and don’t feel like I’m forced to do anything.

Posted by: Beeca.9467

Beeca.9467

I will do dailies if I log in but I don’t log in everyday after work anymore.

For me I made the choice of RL becoming more important.

80-Ranger/80-Necro/80-Warrior/
80-Guardian /80- Mesmer

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It’s better to do them and get the laurel, then to not and one day want something. There’s no way to play catch up when the reward is limited by time. They’ll probably add stuff costing more than 100 laurels and the next batch of ascended armor or weapons will probably be added within the next few months as probably cost 50-100.

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

Too long, did not read.
Anyway, no I don’t, it’s just a boring chore, and I play games to have fun not to be bored.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Ayup. Hubby and I do the dailies for fun and something to do together. The laurels are an added bonus. Sometimes it does make us alter a bit of our play to accomplish it but overall has been great fun for us to do and see how many out of the daily offered that we can do.

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

Sadly, dailies are pretty much all I do anymore. I log in, do my daily, log off. My thought is that if the game gets interesting/fun again, I will have some laurels saved up.

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

It’s the only thing I currently do in game. After dailies I usually log off, hopefully we will get something that takes a bit longer to complete and have fun with than the previous patches.

Last good patch was the fractal patch, it gave me something to do on a regular basis. Every patch after that has been very short on content and it has stripped everything that was alt friendly. They have only added weekly (G-missions)and daily things to do, that take about 30 minutes per day and can only be done with one character.

I just save what laurels I get for my alts and incase they add something new on the laurel vendor.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

I’ve done one daily this month…

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

I do it on the days I play some guild wars 2.. which might be three/four evenings in a week for varying amount of time, it doesn’t make me want to play more.. and since it’s so easy to finish the tasks given, when I do play I usually end up finishing it doing whatever else I was doing anyway.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I’ve done every daily since they added laurels.

I play every day anyway so not really forcing me to login or anything.

Presumably they’ll add more good stuff that takes laurels. Ascended or otherwise.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Yes i still do my dailies..

Yes i still feel forced to do them, Ascended and everything added since should drop all through the game and be crafted, just because i do dailies doesn’t mean i’ve changed my opinion of it..

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I do them every day.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Of course! Those minis aren’t going to get themselves into my bank.

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

I don’t think I have missed a daily since launch.

I did not get the monthlies done until the new format was created because I just do not run dungeons.

I always thought Anet might someday create a currency or gate system using the achievement points and therefore give them a reasonable amount of attention.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

No because I often can’t be bothered, I just play the game and sometimes I’ll get it done incidentally, others there will be one or two left and I’ll have to go gathering or crafting or something like that.

I can understand doing them aggressively for the rewards but if you do something you don’t have to do and then complain about it you’re a burk.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yep, I do them every day, often without even trying. Today I ran three dungeon paths back to back and when I was done I needed only gathering or salvaging to finish it, both of which I’d do normally anyway.

But I enjoy keg brawl so I went there instead…a few minutes doing something I enjoy and I had my daily.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I do them most days, usually if I decide to play. I wouldn’t play the game solely to do dailies. Sometimes I can only play Gw2 when there’s only 30 min left before reset, and it’s quite the challenge to get it down the best path before that happens. I enjoy that, actually. =p

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

They get done normally for me as I explore around or do WvW.

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

Everday im dailin

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i do WvW everyday, and by doing so i get my dailies done pretty much early, with only 1 or 2 left before i go to bed usually….

so yes, i do my dailies everyday….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

I’m only doing spvp/tpvp so daily is really easy to do every day

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Yes, I do dailies daily and monthlies at the beginning of each month as fast as I can. I still have no clue what to do with the laurels or the karma jars in the bank though.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

No. I got behind on them a while back because of work, and then I realized that it’s going to take months and months to gear up my toons. I gave up.

Honestly, I don’t even really log on any more. The longest I’ve been ingame in weeks is about 5 minutes. I usually just check to see who is on, but mostly, nobody is. My friends and I are rather bored with the time-gated grind, RNG, and all the other stuff that apparently people aside from us want in their MMO experience.

But I said that to say this: dailies are what got me frustrated to the point that I really just gave up on the game. It’s just more gear grind, and it takes forever to gear up a set of alts. I really don’t feel like spending months “preparing to have fun” (Mike O’brien).

And at some point we realized that someone would log on and we’d say “let’s go do X together”, and the usual response would be “after I do the dailies”. Once we figured out what was going on there (we were doing something other than what we wanted to do), we realized how stupid that psychology is and pretty much quit playing.

Dailies are a freakin’ job. Not fun.

I miss Guild Wars.

Edit: for all you who are going to say, “yes, but they are easy to do.” You are correct. They are quite easy to do. What bothers me is I can only get one laurel per day, and I need laurels to get tier gear. It’s time-gated grind. I just want to go to the dang armor merchant, like in Guild Wars, and buy my final armor set so I can get on with actually doing what I want to do, and not what ArenaNet is trying to get me to do.

Dailies are meant to keep people playing. They actually have the opposite effect on me.

(edited by Chuo.4238)

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Most of the time I get my dailies just naturally through the course of the game, without even trying. However this may be because I do lots of world bosses and WvW, so I get some of the more awkward dailies like the ones dealing with group events, events in certain areas, WvW kills, yak kills, kills in certain areas, etc. I’ve got to get pretty unlucky to feel “forced” to do dailies, and even then I don’t mind since it’s only once or twice a week. I’d advise always doing dailies for the laurels alone since they are at the very worst worth 80+ silver if you use them to buy dyes. I always look forward to dailies since the reward is a lot compared to the needed effort.

Now if you have a very narrow playstyle or only play for maybe an hour or 2 a day, I can understand how dailies could feel like a grind, and they would get in the way of other activities. A friend of mine falls into that category, so he likes to get his dailies through pvp instead. And even if you don’t like that idea, feel free to skip the odd day when the daily achievement choices don’t suit you. It’s just an opportunity for profit, it doesn’t really give you character progression, so you should never feel forced to do them.

Also on the comments about dailies being for armour grind: really? You need 30 laurels for an ascended amulet, and then you are done. There are far better ways to get the rest of the trinkets. Ascended gear is top tier and not meant to be achievable quickly, nor is it impactful enough to even worry about (just get it when you can, no need to rush it). And on top of that, it’s not really necessary. All your armour and weapons are still going to be exotic. Backpacks and rings will come from fractals, and accessories will come from guild commendations. I hardly equate dailies with “armour grinding”. It’s more of a grind to get the ectos than the laurels, if that’s how you plan on getting your ascended trinkets. And if you have decided to take on the responsibility of getting 5 characters to lv 80 and fully gearing them all, that’s your own kitten fault, so expect it to be hard work. I know what I can handle, so I only have one level 80, and I like it that way.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

(edited by Curo.2483)

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yep do my daily, then think “What shall I do now”, then log off.

It’s getting dreary now and stale.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Hate dailies, wish they were a stack of 7 things to get done in a weekly instead.

BUT, love my alts sooooo….. I have to do dailies.
Hate FotM and dungeons, have to do dailies.

Basically, I have to do dailies

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

if I only want my laurel, I do spvp. ridiculously fast to do. If I want the coin and the karma, i do pve. but sometimes I can’t do either. so… no biggie :p

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

I have been doing my daily every day since i started playing(prestart)….. can not discount how helpful those laurel/jugs of karma/5s is in the long run…. more so when working slowly towards my legendary. not to mention x amount of the time i get 3-4/5 done without even realizing it.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I use dailies to level up new characters. It’s nice EXP, and the other rewards are a good bonus.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Been doing it more focused lately as i discovered i was close to getting the laurels needed for Goedulf.

Posted by: Morbious.5832

Morbious.5832

So. Do you still do the dailies every day? Is it because you feel forced to, because you enjoy it or because it happens as a result of playing normally? If you didn’t do them every day do you do so now?

i do the daily every day (i dont do the monthily)
only one that used to make me go outta my way to complete was the kill x vets in x location but i know where the vets spawn in mass

i used to do the dailys for the coins (used to sell for 10s now 5s) and the karma.
since then coins have fallen in price and im swimming in karma (i buy the odd ring/backpiece)and im not bothered about ascended stuff so laurals are just a bonus

i dont need the rewards like i used to but its a daily goal its something to do besides farm x map for x item

when the daily first changed i was worried (that first days combo fields was a nasty shock) but after being in queensdale and watching chat it serves as a good way to get people to try food/crafting etc that they wouldnt normally