Does Anet play the game

Does Anet play the game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I hear about them showing up in WVW and SPVP again and again, and sometimes the random sighting in LA. Can’t recall ever hearing about them showing up at open world events or taking part in dungeon groups tho.

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

300 employees, spread over the NA servers possibly some play on EU but doubt if many do. How many do you seriously think you should see? If they play specifically to check something that was tagged as a bug they are there and gone. If they are doing it on their spare time it will be a toon that will be without a company tag so they can enjoy themselves.

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

What happened to the “X”, did your guild loose it bright?

Do you ever post relevant stuff in a thread, or is your sole purpose on this forum to derail everything you see?

I usually worry about getting more infractions or even a forum ban because everything i won’t be able to say anything good about people playing a condition/toughness guardian or wrongbow-spamming ranger.

Likewise, I’m not able to say good things about people who belittle others for using a build they personally find comfortable to use. Celestial set + divinity runes is a very comfortable set. Not the best, not extraordinarily good, but comfortable for most.

Although, you’d expect the head of the balancing team to know a thing or 2 about a warrior and how it works…

It was very clear from that video that he didn’t. There are plenty of ‘comfortable’ builds in PvE that aren’t full Zerk glass cannon DPS bars. The build he had though.. was… special.. (Stupid forum censor.. Can’t even say what I really think about the build…)

@Dub, if I recall correctly, you started playing GW1 in 2010, the merger happened in September 2010, so yeah, that’s pretty possible..

They were doing DoA records since 2008, back when they set a record of like 1h50..

Before that, Urgoz and FoW records and even a UW record back when it was 10min. The guild is really old.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

It’s pretty obvious they don’t.

Well, no, that might not be true. But they definitely do not have enough people to reflect the large amount of playstyles people have and they choose to remain oblivious to a lot of them.

It’s pretty obvious you are wrong.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

He’s wrong to the extent that a car designer doesn’t necessarily have to test drive faster than the legal speed limit. If the car is comfortable at 140km/h, it’s a comfortable car, even if the max speed is 220km/h.
If devs play like 90% of their players, they’re actually doing it right. But they should play.

yes they do have to test it faster. handling is and should be a top priority. if a car exploded at a certain speed people should know.secondly you paid no attention to what i said about a person’s height. why you would ignore that and try and make a counter-point, idk.

If people buy a car to drive in most countries in Europe, they should not expect to ever drive faster than 140 km/h. If it starts shaking at 160 km/h, that’s actually acceptable. Of course it wouldn’t explode.
Handling is important for the circumstances which the car was designed for. Some cars are meant primarily for cities, no one screams when a 2CV can’t drive faster than 100km/h without falling apart. On the other hand, a Ferrari will lose against that same 2CV on a freshly plowed field.

The height comment I ignored because at first I believed it was not relevant but actually … yes, some cars are simply too small for large people like me. I couldn’t drive a Clio if I had to bring my mother to the hospital, I’ve got about 1 head too many. That’s why I drive a larger car, a car that was tested by a larger person.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Does Anet play the game

marnick.4305

Developers aren’t players and players aren’t developers. They actually take completely different sets of skills. Saying a developer doesn’t play the game well is sort of pointless.

It’s like editors who can’t write. Many editors because editors BECAUSE they can’t write. But that doesn’t mean they can’t edit.

You are 100% wrong. It’s more equivalent to a car designer not getting in their new vehicle and testing it and understanding limitations and flaws. And then saying that it’s comfortable for everyone to drive, when they are 5’7" and many buyers are 6’0" or greater and find it extremely uncomfortable.

Or in other words … if people over 6’0" (whatever that non-metric nonsense means) buy your car en masse, you mismarketed your car.

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Developers aren’t players and players aren’t developers. They actually take completely different sets of skills. Saying a developer doesn’t play the game well is sort of pointless.

It’s like editors who can’t write. Many editors because editors BECAUSE they can’t write. But that doesn’t mean they can’t edit.

You are 100% wrong. It’s more equivalent to a car designer not getting in their new vehicle and testing it and understanding limitations and flaws. And then saying that it’s comfortable for everyone to drive, when they are 5’7" and many buyers are 6’0" or greater and find it extremely uncomfortable.

Or in other words … if people over 6’0" (whatever that non-metric nonsense means) buy your car en masse, you mismarketed your car.

6’ = 183 cm

Does Anet play the game

marnick.4305

6’ = 183 cm

Well, that’s exactly my size then. If I bought a car for people size 5"2’, I made a mistake, clear and simple. Why test a car for people size 6" driving on race tracks, if people size 5"2’ driving in cities are the primary market? GW2 was not marketed to hardcore people.

Does Anet play the game

Bright.9160

Well, that’s exactly my size then. If I bought a car for people size 5"2’, I made a mistake, clear and simple. Why test a car for people size 6" driving on race tracks, if people size 5"2’ driving in cities are the primary market? GW2 was not marketed to hardcore people.

Yeah, but when you sell cars to a wide audience, even if it’s marketed for 5"2 people that only drive in cities, but your car is also able to drive on highways, you should also test how it goes on highways, otherwise people might find something wrong with it. Like warp drive once you go over a certain speed limit.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m wrong? I think it would take more than just you saying so to make it so.

No, a car is different, because driving a car is far more standardized with much easier rules that everyone shares. Playing a game is not.

You don’t have to be skillful at PvP to design a PvP game. It’s not required. And traditionally many who do design games aren’t great game players, even by their own definition.

Believe what you want. But it doesn’t make it true.

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

no they don’t take completely different sets of skills. the developer has to know the technical side of game development in addition to the problems a game faces and players know about. he makes an excellent point.
again, an analogue: you can’t fix a car if you have no idea how it works.

Does Anet play the game

marnick.4305

Yeah, but when you sell cars to a wide audience, even if it’s marketed for 5"2 people that only drive in cities, but your car is also able to drive on highways, you should also test how it goes on highways, otherwise people might find something wrong with it. Like warp drive once you go over a certain speed limit.

It should comfortably drive at 100km/h if it’s a city car and 140km/h for any other car. 140km/h is already about highspeed limits in most of continental Europe. It is not necessary to design your car to drive faster, except if you market it to Germans (who don’t have speed limits).

Does Anet play the game

pullnointer.1476

You don’t have to be skillful at PvP to design a PvP game. It’s not required. And traditionally many who do design games aren’t great game players, even by their own definition.

it is required. obviously you’re not going to be at the level of the highest ranked people on the ladder, but if you don’t understand your own game, the decisions you make will be flawed. look at how blizzard makes sure to listen to top players regarding sc2, and they have their kitten together much better than arenanet.

Does Anet play the game

Bright.9160

It should comfortably drive at 100km/h if it’s a city car and 140km/h for any other car. 140km/h is already about highspeed limits in most of continental Europe. It is not necessary to design your car to drive faster, except if you market it to Germans (who don’t have speed limits).

They actually do have speed limits at some parts of the freeway. Most of them just don’t bother with them.

Back to the terrible analogy though, since you obviously missed my point: they designed a casual game for a big market (the comfi city cars you refer to), but failed to test them on the high way to see what happened (speed runners), which is why PvE is so broken right now. They are all like “I don’t know what you guys are talking about, my damage doesn’t look so OP”, because they run trash builds.

You don’t ask a guy without a drivers permit and no experience driving cars to design a car for big masses.

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I know that I play on Live, but usually only a few hours per week. (What with work and all.) I also don’t always represent the Arena.net guild, since it’s nice to just play sometimes. And, no, our game accounts aren’t the same as GM accounts; we don’t get special items or anything like that.

Here is the million dollar question:

How many Arenanet employees have a legendary or have had acquired a pre cursor?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Does Anet play the game

pullnointer.1476

I know that I play on Live, but usually only a few hours per week. (What with work and all.) I also don’t always represent the Arena.net guild, since it’s nice to just play sometimes. And, no, our game accounts aren’t the same as GM accounts; we don’t get special items or anything like that.

Here is the million dollar question:

How many Arenanet employees have a legendary or have had acquired a pre cursor?

who gives a flying chit

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

I’m wrong? I think it would take more than just you saying so to make it so.

Yes you’re wrong. You also ignored my post and the details I put in it were not addressed by you. Instead you said something random that doesn’t apply to the situation (you could have said, “that’s not true because the car is metal and the designer likes to watch football” and it would have made as much sense)

Does Anet play the game

Vayne.8563

no they don’t take completely different sets of skills. the developer has to know the technical side of game development in addition to the problems a game faces and players know about. he makes an excellent point.
again, an analogue: you can’t fix a car if you have no idea how it works.

But knowing how a car works is very different from putting thousands of hours into a game and learning each profession backwards and forwards.

For example, we see people making fun of devs builds because they’re not using the MOST EFFICIENT build. But then, they’re designing a game that ANY build can be used in. Sure they might not have the most efficient, but the build might well work for them. People judge developers on crazy stuff.

At any rate no one makes are car or an MMO. People make COMPONENTS of a car or MMO. How it all comes together is seldom the fault of one person, except maybe the designer. And there’s not just one designer at work here.

This whole situation is completely simplified. Because like us, developers will play games the way they play games, and the game often only becomes a problem when people play the game DIFFERENTLY. To get every different demographic playing the game takes going live.

Does Anet play the game

wolfie.7296

This whole situation is completely simplified. Because like us, developers will play games the way they play games, and the game often only becomes a problem when people play the game DIFFERENTLY. To get every different demographic playing the game takes going live.

The difference is they ignore people who play it who experience something and make posts about it. Being generous, the players aren’t right most of the time. Anet is acting like they are wrong all of the time and flat out ignore bug reports.

Does Anet play the game

Vayne.8563

The difference is they ignore people who play it who experience something and make posts about it. Being generous, the players aren’t right most of the time. Anet is acting like they are wrong all of the time and flat out ignore bug reports.

No Anet is not acting like that. At best you can say a couple of specific devs are acting like that. In all fairness, you neither know about or speak to most devs at all. You know like five, six devs maybe. There are more than that. But you paint them all with one brush.

There may only be one or two devs familiar with a certain aspect of the program. So if one or two devs make a mistake, or ignore something that’s true, is it right to treat them all this way?

Does Anet play the game

Bright.9160

For example, we see people making fun of devs builds because they’re not using the MOST EFFICIENT build. But then, they’re designing a game that ANY build can be used in. Sure they might not have the most efficient, but the build might well work for them. People judge developers on crazy stuff.

Did you even read what I was pointing out?

An Anet dev was spamming a POISON FIELD on a GATE. I’m not asking for them to know every class inside out (except for Izzy, but I’ll get to that), or to run the best builds there are, because that is not realistic. But not knowing that inanimate objects in your game don’t take condition damage is like a someone who designs cars jamming his keys in the CD slot and wondering why the car won’t start.

As for my beef with Izzy, besides the fact he brutally kitten d some of the best skills in GW1 and nerfed them to the mists for no apparent reason other than “I thought they were OP”, yet when players asked for balance on actually OP skills, he just went “I don’t know what’s wrong with them”… My main problem with him is that he is the head of the balance team yet he doesn’t have the slightest clue about how any of the classes work. I don’t expect all devs to know all the classes inside out, but when you’re ultimately responsible for their actual balance, you kitten well know them inside out. My point was just proven by his video.

That’s like a person running for president that has no idea about global politics. (Oh wait…)

Does Anet play the game

Vayne.8563

Did you even read what I was pointing out?

An Anet dev was spamming a POISON FIELD on a GATE. I’m not asking for them to know every class inside out (except for Izzy, but I’ll get to that), or to run the best builds there are, because that is not realistic. But not knowing that inanimate objects in your game don’t take condition damage is like a someone who designs cars jamming his keys in the CD slot and wondering why the car won’t start.

As for my beef with Izzy, besides the fact he brutally kitten d some of the best skills in GW1 and nerfed them to the mists for no apparent reason other than “I thought they were OP”, yet when players asked for balance on actually OP skills, he just went “I don’t know what’s wrong with them”… My main problem with him is that he is the head of the balance team yet he doesn’t have the slightest clue about how any of the classes work. I don’t expect all devs to know all the classes inside out, but when you’re ultimately responsible for their actual balance, you kitten well know them inside out. My point was just proven by his video.

That’s like a person running for president that has no idea about global politics. (Oh wait…)

I’ve clicked the wrong button and put a poison field on a gate too, even though I’m well aware poison fields don’t work on gates. I get distracted, someone comes into the room, my dog nudges my arm, I have a slip of a finger (because I’m using a programmable mouse and sometimes I hit the wrong button), what does that even mean?

Maybe he was on the phone and only half paying attention. It’s a gate. Talk about judgmental.

I didn’t talk to him about it, I’m not going to draw any assumptions about it. For all you know, he could have been dead tired and on cold medication.

I’m willing to wager he knows that poison does nothing to a gate. It’s not like hitting skills that do nothing are particularly detrimental. I space out when we’re at a gate all the time.

Does Anet play the game

wolfie.7296

No Anet is not acting like that. At best you can say a couple of specific devs are acting like that. In all fairness, you neither know about or speak to most devs at all. You know like five, six devs maybe. There are more than that. But you paint them all with one brush.

There may only be one or two devs familiar with a certain aspect of the program. So if one or two devs make a mistake, or ignore something that’s true, is it right to treat them all this way?

Ok. But all I’m saying is I read the patch notes and compare it to what I observe on the forums and report in game and there is a discrepancy. As I said I know the devs interpret differently and that’s fine but at the same time if i feel something is bad I can’t always be wrong. Eg. I play guardian support in wvw, for example, and get no reward compared with others for the higher risk and using the guardian as part of a team (you know team play and being low damage guardian=rewarded? no. in fact looking at player behavior, it is compounded by them using you to obtain kills without risk…ie I die, they get a kill or I die, they retreat and live. in both cases i am going to get nothing or close to it, while they are rewarded). This persists for many, many months and probably continues…that’s just one example. I could have seen that coming in beta if I were a designer.

(edited by wolfie.7296)

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

If you just died in PvP or WvW, it was probably me who killed you. GG!

Does Anet play the game

Bright.9160

I’ve clicked the wrong button and put a poison field on a gate too, even though I’m well aware poison fields don’t work on gates. I get distracted, someone comes into the room, my dog nudges my arm, I have a slip of a finger (because I’m using a programmable mouse and sometimes I hit the wrong button), what does that even mean?

Maybe he was on the phone and only half paying attention. It’s a gate. Talk about judgmental.

I didn’t talk to him about it, I’m not going to draw any assumptions about it. For all you know, he could have been dead tired and on cold medication.

I’m willing to wager he knows that poison does nothing to a gate. It’s not like hitting skills that do nothing are particularly detrimental. I space out when we’re at a gate all the time.

I’m not talking about wrongfully casting a skill out of reflex… I’m talking about a dev SPAMMING (this is an important piece of my point) a poison field on a gate. By that I mean he repeatedly used the skill and targetted it at the gate using ground targetting. I don’t see why you’re not getting how depressing that behavior is.

Also, he wasn’t dead tired or on meds, he was streaming a live dev stream and talking about how they were doing.

There’s also a video of a group of 5 devs doing the molten facility dungeon and killing trash mobs slower than Wethospu, who solo’ed them. While saying “we’re doing quite well”. Do you know which devs were in the team? The guys that designed the dungeon. Yes, the guys that spent probably a couple of weeks designing a dungeon were outdone by a guy who had his hands on it for a couple of days.

I’m not asking that every dev is able to solo lupi or know all the traits or something unrealistic… But it would be nice if they weren’t so depressingly terrible at their own game.

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

But Colin, you’ve said yourself you’re not a good PVPer. And who takes engineers anyways?!

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Does Anet play the game

wolfie.7296

I’m not talking about wrongfully casting a skill out of reflex… I’m talking about a dev SPAMMING (this is an important piece of my point) a poison field on a gate. By that I mean he repeatedly used the skill and targetted it at the gate using ground targetting. I don’t see why you’re not getting how depressing that behavior is..

to be fair there could have been players the other side of the gate trying to do repairs…..

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

master vayne strikes again, GG

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Yea I’ve seen Anet logos on people’s nametags running thru LA at times so I know they definitely play on live.

I do however agree that there’s not enough playing to see the real results of their work. There’s certainly not enough to see the lopsided loot problem. And all one has to do is head on over the Engineer forums to see that there’s definitely not enough advocates for the Engineer on the PVE side of things. So they are missing a couple of things when they check out the live game I’m sure.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Does Anet play the game

Vayne.8563

I’m not talking about wrongfully casting a skill out of reflex… I’m talking about a dev SPAMMING (this is an important piece of my point) a poison field on a gate. By that I mean he repeatedly used the skill and targetted it at the gate using ground targetting. I don’t see why you’re not getting how depressing that behavior is.

Also, he wasn’t dead tired or on meds, he was streaming a live dev stream and talking about how they were doing.

There’s also a video of a group of 5 devs doing the molten facility dungeon and killing trash mobs slower than Wethospu, who solo’ed them. While saying “we’re doing quite well”. Do you know which devs were in the team? The guys that designed the dungeon. Yes, the guys that spent probably a couple of weeks designing a dungeon were outdone by a guy who had his hands on it for a couple of days.

I’m not asking that every dev is able to solo lupi or know all the traits or something unrealistic… But it would be nice if they weren’t so depressingly terrible at their own game.

The devs have said from day one, they designed this game to bring ANY build and be able to do content. Not to do the fast content run period. It’s irrelevant to me anyway how fast a dev does content. Completely irrelevant.

They could have taken a group of a necro, a ranger, and an engie just to prove the point. I think it would be way worse for the game if the devs came with four zerker warriors and a zerker mesmer.

The point is, they’re streaming and talking…which doesn’t necessarily mean paying attention to what’s going on on screen.

Are you suggesting Izzy doesn’t know a poison cloud doesn’t damage a gate? Really?

Does Anet play the game

Bright.9160

Are you suggesting Izzy doesn’t know a poison cloud doesn’t damage a gate? Really?

That wasn’t Izzy.

He might know that, but he sure as hell doesn’t know how to balance classes. Mainly because he doesn’t know how to play them.

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

One of our guildies and friends is an Anet employee. I’d say 95%+ of the time he’d play without his Anet tag, as he’d get spammed by people when his tag was up.

Periodically though he’d pop the tag in WvW for some fun.

I haven’t seen him play in forever though, and I know he’s still working at Anet.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

I’m sure there are plenty of Anet employees like Jeffrey – stealth playing with non-ANet linked accounts. In fact, apparently one of my guildies is one of them. I’m told there have been times in hanging with us that he’s taken note of issues that need to be addressed.

I just hope the ANet content testers are playing the game with different builds. That horrible Subdirector Null instance screamed “WAS ONLY TESTED WITH DPS WARRIORS”. Any player with a Condition Damage build could easily have seen that instance was bugged.

Does Anet play the game

pullnointer.1476

An Anet dev was spamming a POISON FIELD on a GATE.

can you link me that? i wanna rofl my kitten off

~

I think I will stop talking to you for now.

Does Anet play the game

pullnointer.1476

I’m not talking about wrongfully casting a skill out of reflex… I’m talking about a dev SPAMMING (this is an important piece of my point) a poison field on a gate. By that I mean he repeatedly used the skill and targetted it at the gate using ground targetting. I don’t see why you’re not getting how depressing that behavior is..

to be fair there could have been players the other side of the gate trying to do repairs…..

and what is a poison field gonna do against them?:D

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: WolftheAngel.4089

WolftheAngel.4089

Yes, they do play! Every once in a while I’ll see one on playing the game.

I’m glad they play and actually interact with players. There’s been a few MMO’s I’ve played where the creators where never on, or when they were on they would just stand there and go afk.

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

snip

Uhm do you have links to this because now I’m curious!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

He was the one who danced on your body, laughed, then teabagged you

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: Highlander.9860

Highlander.9860

have seen guys from anet displaying their tag even last night and he/she was doing the Efigy burning don’t know mabe just the server they are playing on over the month the person/s doing DE’s and even Maw so, why does it really matter whether they are visable or not there icon .

They are not there for people to spam there chat box they like to have some fun also or is it that you wish to bombard the guys in chat. That is what the forums are for

Does Anet play the game

Bright.9160

For the people asking for the stream of the dev with the poison field, it was on twitch, but I got the link from a guildy, so I could ask him, but I have no idea what it was called..

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

what server do you play on? my necro is itching to condition you to death on ehmry bay.

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

On our server we have many ANet Guild Tag Players. I have personally had contact with over 10 in game.

Without exception they have all been pleasant to talk to and deal with. I have run open world with a few. Done some email trades with others and last but not least spent about an hour and a half doing Production Server trouble shooting on a known in-game bug with an Audio Dev.

I have not knowingly been stomped by a Dev in PvP as I do not play PvP; nor been smushed by one in WvW either cause I play an Ele and really folks, who sweats an Ele?

As I have said in the past, sure there are problems in the game and sure there are things that I would like to see changed but in the end after almost 2000 hours I am pleased with how the game has treated me.

As for me, the every 2 week updates that constantly add variety to my gaming experience is EXACTLY what “this” gamer actually wants.

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

IMHO, I really think playing should be a paid part of your job. I understand, as a programmer, how time consuming that work can be… but considering the type of software and changes you are making, you should have at least 5-10 hours a week of personal experience using whatever feature you are in charge of fiddling with. Yea, it would slow down production having each member lose 10 hours of work time for 10 hours of paid “play” time, but I really REALLY think it would put Anet’s development and support so far ahead of other games that it would become news worthy.

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

No, I’ve seen many of them running around. I even remember doing the underwater champion krait event in Caledon Forest with an Employee once.

Problem is most of the employees I have seen all play warrior…

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: Zero.6082

Zero.6082

Lol you cheated bro! Your health never left the 3/4 mark. That explains alot you are the game director -.- and besides you didn’t kill me that was one of my Mesmer clones!

Round 2 FIGHT!

And please tell me the main focus of this game is not pvp cause if it is so not happy -.-

So then well call it a draw.

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

I like how the conversation devolved to talking about cars. In a fantasy game. Hah!

Anyway, I don’t think it’s bad for developers to be playing with stuff other than berserker gear. If they use non-standard gear such as conditions, they can notice problems faster and hopefully buff them a bit. I’m still waiting for the workaround for 25 stacks on bosses!

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

Has anyone ever seen some one from anet actually play the game. Most of the time they talk about what is in the best interest of us or what they think would be more fun. But it seems to be going in the wrong direction cause everyone keeps complaining. I all most wonder if they even play there own game. I mean i wonder if they are satisfied with how it turned out.

Does everyone think that Anet or NCsoft or who ever makes the decisions is creating better content that the gamer actually wants or just easy filler to appease people cause they promised they would give us new stuff?

Are you freakin’ kidding me?! They do a 30min-1hr Live Stream every Friday of them playing the game. (Check their YouTube channel).

Most of the devs are members of the same guild on SBI server. I’ve played with a few in Dynamic Events, sPvP, and WvW when that server was my home.

As for people “keep complaining”, that’s because they’re a very vocal minority. You cannot please all the people, all of the time; you can please some of the people, most of the time. And right now, what they’re doing as far as the direction of the game and what’s “fun”, I think it’s brilliant.

You’re totally wrong on it being a vocal minority, it’s a vocal majority, just look at the forums, most are posts about what people don’t like and what’s wrong with the game, and where they see the game headed. The people that stick up for Anet in these posts, look at their post histories, I have they LIVE IN THE FORUMS, they can’t possibly play the game with the amount of time they spend on these forums, some people who stick up for the DEV’s post in almost every single post on these forums, now how does someone like that spend quality time in game and find the time to post on the forums all day? I’ll tell you how, they are actually Anet employees posting under their own game accounts, just like the the Anet employee in this post said he plays on his own account, employees are posting in the forums on their own accounts to look like regular players.

I know this for a fact cause I was banned for calling one of them out and posting his name I will not say who but it happened and I got banned from the forums for it, it was a temp ban.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

(edited by Rama.6439)

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

They play. The night Dragon Bash started, an Red was in Yaks Bend LA, on his charr. Back in BWE2, I had a nice conversation with Collin Johanson about the game. He has the most… awkward… account name lol it has to do with babies, if I recall correctly. Plus, the ANet employees all have separate gaming accounts, since I’m sure they play the game they all helped create.

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

Has anyone ever seen some one from anet actually play the game. Most of the time they talk about what is in the best interest of us or what they think would be more fun. But it seems to be going in the wrong direction cause everyone keeps complaining. I all most wonder if they even play there own game. I mean i wonder if they are satisfied with how it turned out.

Does everyone think that Anet or NCsoft or who ever makes the decisions is creating better content that the gamer actually wants or just easy filler to appease people cause they promised they would give us new stuff?

Are you freakin’ kidding me?! They do a 30min-1hr Live Stream every Friday of them playing the game. (Check their YouTube channel).

Most of the devs are members of the same guild on SBI server. I’ve played with a few in Dynamic Events, sPvP, and WvW when that server was my home.

As for people “keep complaining”, that’s because they’re a very vocal minority. You cannot please all the people, all of the time; you can please some of the people, most of the time. And right now, what they’re doing as far as the direction of the game and what’s “fun”, I think it’s brilliant.

You’re totally wrong on it being a vocal minority, it’s a vocal majority, just look at the forums, most are posts about what people don’t like and what’s wrong with the game, and where they see the game headed. The people that stick up for Anet in these posts, look at their post histories, I have they LIVE IN THE FORUMS, they can’t possibly play the game with the amount of time they spend on these forums, some people who stick up for the DEV’s post in almost every single post on these forums, now how does someone like that spend quality time in game and find the time to post on the forums all day? I’ll tell you how, they are actually Anet employees posting under their own game accounts, just like the the Anet employee in this post said he plays on his own account, employees are posting in the forums on their own accounts to look like regular players.

I know this for a fact cause I was banned for calling one of them out and posting his name I will not say who but it happened and I got banned from the forums for it, it was a temp ban.

I wish I was being paid to post on forums and play the game. A lot of players are students that have laptops in class to browse during the day and play at night. For me, I’m in an office with external internet access and I play when I get home.

Does Anet play the game

Posted by: SpyderBite.6274

SpyderBite.6274

Wow. I’m having a flash back from 1998.. Players demanding to know if the UO Developers actually played their own game.

Sort of like painting a landscape of a place you’ve never been to. I doubt any Dev since the days of MUDS and MOOS has been successful without playing their own game.

Get a grip people.

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.