Does anyone Do Teq (or any dragons) anymore?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I stopped playing this game a year ago, I remember how crowded this fight was. So I go today excited with my magic find tarts ready and what do I find? I’m there alone all by myself. I have no idea what you guys are talking about, guild activate or whatever that is.

Tequatl was redesigned a few months ago to make it more challenging. The encounter was claimed to be balanced around having 80 average players and would scale into the hundreds. Realistically, the encounter is balanced around having a minimum of 80 players that know how to play, because the average player doesn’t.

It’s nowhere near raid hard, but it’s like trying to do a raid with purely random people and no communication. Since a lot of servers were nowhere close to even getting the 1st 25% down (phase 1), they quit after the first week or two and never tried again. The few servers that did do it, and commonly, still do it everyday.

For the servers that do it everyday, they’ve done it enough that communication isn’t needed since most people are regulars. On these servers, you can just show up, though you should be at least 30 minutes early, or an hour to get on the main server.

Also, magic find only affects the drops you would receive from mobs and the mobs in Tequatl’s encounter no longer drop anything (to prevent farming).

Posted by: Otakuboy.5607

Otakuboy.5607

I stopped playing this game a year ago, I remember how crowded this fight was. So I go today excited with my magic find tarts ready and what do I find? I’m there alone all by myself. I have no idea what you guys are talking about, guild activate or whatever that is.

Tequatl was redesigned a few months ago to make it more challenging. The encounter was claimed to be balanced around having 80 average players and would scale into the hundreds. Realistically, the encounter is balanced around having a minimum of 80 players that know how to play, because the average player doesn’t.

It’s nowhere near raid hard, but it’s like trying to do a raid with purely random people and no communication. Since a lot of servers were nowhere close to even getting the 1st 25% down (phase 1), they quit after the first week or two and never tried again. The few servers that did do it, and commonly, still do it everyday.

For the servers that do it everyday, they’ve done it enough that communication isn’t needed since most people are regulars. On these servers, you can just show up, though you should be at least 30 minutes early, or an hour to get on the main server.

Also, magic find only affects the drops you would receive from mobs and the mobs in Tequatl’s encounter no longer drop anything (to prevent farming).

Wow, I had no idea, maybe for a whole year that would be a normal change, but it was fun and rewarding, now there’s just nothing rewarding about the game. I still can’t find people anywhere though, I assume that they are playing PvP or WvW. Looks like the changes made affected PvE to the point it became deserted. Anyway thank you for caring to share with me the changes that occured.

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Blackgate, 5pm server, get there early.

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

There are plenty of open guilds that kill him daily like Tequatl slaying squad if you looking at killing him.

However he’s not the same Afk with auto-attack for 5 mins when he spawns anymore.

Retired Leader of TTS

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Wow, I had no idea, maybe for a whole year that would be a normal change, but it was fun and rewarding, now there’s just nothing rewarding about the game. I still can’t find people anywhere though, I assume that they are playing PvP or WvW. Looks like the changes made affected PvE to the point it became deserted. Anyway thank you for caring to share with me the changes that occured.

People will br gravitating to the current release(s). Which currently means Fractals, Kessex Hills and the Kessex Hill Tower instance. Player visibility after that comes down to server specific – for eg, I rarely have problems finding other players in most zones on Gunnars Hold, but we also don’t have a high wvw population so that could explain that.

As for Teq..well yes it needs changing somehow – a sensible timer or a scaling change seem to be the preferred suggestions I’ve read so far. Problem is, the releases we see are made 4 months prior, which would mean we are unlikely to see any Teq change until 4 months after the feedback kicked in.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Get in with TTS, they kill teq several times a day on multiple overflows. The only thing that really sucks about Teq is you have to show up early and wait for up to 1.5 hours sometimes cause there is no real timer for it. Sure the rewards have been increased to match and they aren’t as bad anymore, but waiting 1.5 hours in Sparkfly Fen can be pretty mind numbing. I can complete a 5 dungeon runs and couple world bosses or temples in that time for a lot more shiny.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Riverside kills him on a regular base, at least 3 times a day. Best chances are 14:02, 16:02, 18:02, 20:02

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Blackgate, 5pm server, get there early.

Yes get there what at least an hour early, hang around doing nothing until he spawns. Anything that requires this needs to be changed.

And for those saying join TTS they have closed off recruitment for the moment, I guess because the guilds were getting too unwieldy to manage.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

nope world boses are not fun at all for me iv killed them to many times and i dont bother to come back i wanna find instance raids not open world

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Get in with TTS, they kill teq several times a day on multiple overflows. The only thing that really sucks about Teq is you have to show up early and wait for up to 1.5 hours sometimes cause there is no real timer for it. Sure the rewards have been increased to match and they aren’t as bad anymore, but waiting 1.5 hours in Sparkfly Fen can be pretty mind numbing. I can complete a 5 dungeon runs and couple world bosses or temples in that time for a lot more shiny.

Sounds like fun and compelling gameplay.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Teq is killed with nearly a 100% success rate right after reset on JQ and BG as well as in 2-3 TTS overflows. The only time i’ve seen a failure is when the event bugs. I don’t know if other guilds/servers do it as well, but a few might.

You will need to get there at least an hour before reset though. If you don’t get in by then you will need to know someone who is in to get a spot.

Posted by: I Draw Slug.8072

I Draw Slug.8072

Teq has a big problem , hasn’t pre event.
Something in the water…up… after 15sec teq up… 15mins limit is counting
If you haven’t a large players waitting it , 15mins can’t kill teq

what about Shatt and Claw?
They have pre event. Npc are waitting players when outman
1min 5 mins 10 mins ,players are more and more now
When Shatt and Claw up ,we have over 50+ player here & non afk
Teq must redesign one more time
All worldboss have pre event, why teq not

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

Teq timer was changed with The Nightmares Within, it will always spawn two minutes after an odd hour (server time), 1:02, 3:02, 5:02…

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

I’m seeing guildnames thrown around in this thread but no concrete information.
So who do I talk to if I want to get in one of these Teq killing guilds for servers based in Europe?
If you happen to be in one of these guilds, do me a huge favour and throw me an in-game mail. Thank you in advance.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

For those with limited ingame time, Teq has become a no-go area. Let’s say a player gets online at 8.30 and has two hours available to him (a fairly typical working family man). He’s too late for the 9.02 spawn as overflows, etc are already full, and the 11.02 spawn is too late for him, so he’s never going to make it.

Let’s say someone logs on at 7.30- he can then decide to stand around until 9.02 to get the chance at failing Teq, after which his available leisure time is over. Does he feel he spent his leisure time enjoying himself? No. And that’s the problem with open world Teq.

Most players have better things to do with their precious leisure time than stand around not doing anything, or join artificial methods of defeating open world content.

Should it be challenging? Yes.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

@Siofra Crumble
I send you the information you asked for. Check your Pm

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

“if thats the reason, its kinda ridiculous. a 10 minute, 15 min max event is too long for a guaranteed 2 rares?”

Max event? Max fight, not max event. Your credibility was lost right here before you even started pontificating. The organization and spawn waiting alone are not worth any reward. The general population likes to play the game, not stand around for an hour waiting to play the game.

You really should have some experience with something before offering an opinion.

that point is kinda ridiculous, seeing as no one minds waiting for shatt or jormag, didnt even mind waiting for teq until they buffed him. Why? cuz they are/were easy. But they put a little challenge to teq and all of a sudden the wait time becomes a problem, not the difficulty? Hihgly unlikely, seeing as I farmed the dragons for months before they buffed teq, and very rarely did anyone have a problem with waiting an hour and 15 mins for jormag. Anything else you wanna say?

Partly true. Shatterer and Jormag can be done without the enormous amount of organizing Tequatel requires. So, those are done often by smaller groups. While with Tequatel requires almost an entire map to complete it. If there’s only 20 people, you can forget it. So, why wait an hour only to find there’s only 20 (active) people around by the time he finally shows up?