Does anyone actually want a Season 3?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Season 2 is nearly done and what we’ve got is 2 new zones as far as expansion content goes, then what will probably be 8 living story episodes in total for a full playthrough of 6 hours at least, 9 at most of gameplay. Content wise thats essentially all we got. Yes you can read that again if you need to. Thats all within 7 months or so.

Feature-wise some interesting things have happened. The only real update that really shook things up was the april feature patch. The september feature patch didnt’ have as big of an impact.

We’ve heard what the Living Story “is able to do” yet it doesnt’ match “what it actually has done”. For those who arn’t familiar with traditional boxed expansions, let me clarify what you would expect.

New race
New Class
New weapons/skills
New zones(4 sounds about the minimum)
New instanced challenging content(Dungeons/Fractals/Raids)
Improved Crafting
New PvP(or WvW) maps, modes
Feature wise we have seen some good things for gw2 but not huge. Guild Halls, Precursor Crafting, A NEW PPT SYSTEM PLEASE, would be just a few examples.

Those are what people desire for in a boxed expansion. Its in no way asking for a lot. Yet After reviewing what we’ve received CONTENT wise from the living story, the only conclusion we can make is that Anet hasn’t kept their word and still offered us very little expansion like content.

As a playerbase we must realize that if we want to receive expansion like content, then it won’t happen through the living story either. Only through a boxed expansion will it happen.

#2015expansioncanthamordermothgivemynecroagreatsword

(edited by SkylightMoon.1980)

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Please merge or delete.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Kind of agree with CMM, but to answer quickly, no, I don’t want a Season 3, and hopefully we will get something more than this Living Story, because it’s not enough.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Attachments:

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

SkylightMoon.1980

This doesnt’ need to be seen as an expansion thread. Perhaps there are more possibilities than a boxed expansion or a living story. The question is having experienced 2 years of living story, almost exactly 2 years considering it started january 2013, do you really want a 3rd go at this?
#hashtagrepesentifuwantexpansionbb

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

This doesnt’ need to be seen as an expansion thread.

o_O

As a playerbase we must realize that if we want to receive expansion like content, then it won’t happen through the living story either. Only through a boxed expansion will it happen.

The Burninator

CMM.6712

This doesnt’ need to be seen as an expansion thread. Perhaps there are more possibilities than a boxed expansion or a living story. The question is having experienced 2 years of living story, almost exactly 2 years considering it started january 2013, do you really want a 3rd go at this?

Except that is exactly what it is starting from the OP. Yes, I want to see more of a LS, in an expanded and meatier version. I also would buy an expansion, but it is not end of the world critically urgent like some players are making it out to be around here.

SkylightMoon.1980

Except that is exactly what it is starting from the OP. Yes, I want to see more of a LS, in an expanded and meatier version. I also would buy an expansion, but it is not end of the world critically urgent like some players are making it out to be around here.

I think the LS is nice too but after 2 years, I think I’ve given it enough of a chance. I don’t think its unreasonable at all. 2 years is plenty of time to develop and release an expansion worth. That didn’t happen and therefore the next logical step of the devs to take is to dedicate resources towards an expansion.

The living story began as a means to deliver content, and this time around its ending as a nice way to tell a story. They shifted their goals completely. We don’t see expansion like content because they don’t care about that. All of season 2 content was either a zone or a living story instance. How does that make you feel?

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

o_O

Doesn’t this pretty much sum it up? And yes, I want a Season 3.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Yes, I want a season 3. ANet learned from Season 1. I’d guess they will have learned from Season 2. Also, Season 2 was saddled with all the work done for the China release, plus the remaking of significant aspects of the game (traits, NPE, dailies) which is addressing who-knows-what perceived need. Hopefully the redesign is mostly done with, now.

I don’t really expect much that will please me from ANet, but I’m willing to be pleasantly surprised.

SkylightMoon.1980

o_O

Doesn’t this pretty much sum it up? And yes, I want a Season 3.

Thats my opinion of it. After carefully evaluating the history of gw2, and the promises made by the devs as to the type of content we received, that was my conclusion of it.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Why can’t we have both LS and expansion? Am I being too selfish? I think I remember hearing an interview where they said they didn’t have to stop LS to do an expansion ill have to look to find the interview.

Necromancer Main

SkylightMoon.1980

Why can’t we have both LS and expansion? Am I being too selfish? I think I remember hearing an interview where they said they didn’t have to stop LS to do an expansion ill have to look to find the interview.

Thats probably true. I think people are too used to 6 week periods of bi-weekly content by now to go without it. Id imagine it working as a new expansion releasing all the nice stuff an expansion offers, that begins the bi-weekly pace of season 3. Youd think thats what would have happened in the beginning of season 2, but realistically that would have been a very very tiny 100 gem worth expansion, since it began with a fraction of a new zone.

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

If GW2 didn’t have living story, but had come out with an expansion I would probably have stopped playing by the time the expansion came out, bought the expansion, played again for 4 or 5 months and stopped playing again.

Posted by: Castrin.8972

Castrin.8972

Yes. After that season 4 and then season 5 and etc.

This isn’t GW1, they have a different plan to expand the game. Get over it.

Peace.

Grandmaster
Order of the Empyrean Shield [OES]

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

I dont want a season 3 if it will be the same as season 2.
Id rather have nothing and then an expansion.

Id be fine with season 3 if they change it so it provides much more repeatable content and less solo story focused instances.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Yes. After that season 4 and then season 5 and etc.

This isn’t GW1, they have a different plan to expand the game. Get over it.

Peace.

It’s not GW1.

It’s GW2.

Still doesn’t make it more interesting and acceptable. We need something more than what they offer at the moment.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Yes, I do want a Season 3.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

If it’s anything like season 2, I don’t want anything to do with it.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I want Season 3…. As an expansion that can be purchased outright and played through without interruptions.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

In my opinion:

- If Season 3 is like Season 2, then no. I would never ever want a Season 3 to see the light of day unless it accepted its place as filler content.

- If Season 3 were to add more to the game than Seasons 1 and 2 ever did, releasing the quality and quantity of content people would expect from an expansion in hearty chunks, then sure I’d be okay with a Season 3.

This being said, the last episode of Season 2 isn’t out yet, and ANet may still surprise us with something big that exceeds our expectations. Then again, it might not.

Golden shackles are still golden.

SkylightMoon.1980

I agree with Farzo. I’ll agree with you, they are dif games and Anet wants to handle them differently. That could mean the way they dish out content. Gw2 is living story, Gw1 is expansion. I have no problems with the means that the company wants to handle the content cycle of their game.

I, and many other players of Gw2, have an issue with the amount of content we’ve gotten; content, not features. It’s subpar for an MMO after 2 years.

Are you saying that because Gw2 is a different game, it should receive less content than a normal MMO or is predecessor Gw1?

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I wouldn’t want new classes or weapon sets; gotta balance the ones we have. New skills yes, and why the heck aren’t their guild halls and jeweler 500 in the making?

As for wanting a season 3, yes. I’ve found season 2 to be a decent distraction, and haven’t even worked on the most recent two chapters yet.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

SkylightMoon.1980

I wouldn’t want new classes or weapon sets; gotta balance the ones we have. New skills yes, and why the heck aren’t their guild halls and jeweler 500 in the making?

As for wanting a season 3, yes. I’ve found season 2 to be a decent distraction, and haven’t even worked on the most recent two chapters yet.

So because you don’t think the pvp is balanced, everyone else should be denied new content? Thats pretty selfish. I might as well say I don’t want new races because it could interfere with the lore of the Universe or that I don’t want new zones because I don’t want a thin playerbase. Its not different.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I don’t want a 3rd season if there are as many breaks as there were with season 2. The thing about expansions is you play them at your pace. I played the whole first half of season 2 in a sitting and it was way more enjoyable that way. I just don’t think the teams are capable of putting out the amount of content an MMO should have as it pertains to story though. I think the seasons were a nice experiment, but ultimately it’s not the type of delivery method for content that I am interested in.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

Why?! There is nothing to do in the game besides farming skins!

This game is just horrible now! Why? Because there is not much of a game left here! And LS is not helping.

Posted by: Ilien.5302

Ilien.5302

Yes, I’d enjoy having a season 3.

CMM.6712

This game is just horrible now! Why? Because there is not much of a game left here! And LS is not helping.

No it isn’t. Why bother to even post this garbage? Go back to wow.

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

It’s really sad that so many gw2 white knights explain to themselves this way why people criticize the game…

No! I don’t play WoW! I played gw1 hundreds of hours! And I hate this game! And I hate that it was so promising(had a lot of fun with the original release) and now it became that boring and pointless skin grind. There is no gameplay, challenge, reward or fun in here anymore. Just farming… For a new dress for your doll. No thanks!

CMM.6712

It’s really sad that so many gw2 white knights explain to themselves this way why people criticize the game…

No! I don’t play WoW! I played gw1 hundreds of hours! And I hate this game! And I hate that it was so promising(had a lot of fun with the original release) and now it became that boring and pointless skin grind. There is no gameplay, challenge, reward or fun in here anymore. Just farming… For a new dress for your doll. No thanks!

Then leave the forums behind too and stop wasting people’s time with your hatred! This negativism gets SO OLD. You guys should be lucky I’m not a mod. Call me a white knight all you want I am tired of the kitten.

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

NO, i do not want a LS3, what I want is for them to make the big open world that already exists to have playable content. This world has died. it is not living, and adding gimmicky zones with different mechanics for each zone, does not a living world make.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I want season 3 and stop already with this expansion treads….it got worse then mounts.There are like 5 treads on first page about this..

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

Then leave the forums behind too and stop wasting people’s time with your hatred! This negativism gets SO OLD. You guys should be lucky I’m not a mod. Call me a white knight all you want I am tired of the kitten.

Everyone has the same right to voice their opinions on the forum, not just what you want to see. Many people are not satisfied with the direction Anet is taking the game in and how they are handling things. Arguably the biggest problems that GW2 faces today are lack of content and no/poor communication from Anet regarding future content releases, thus many people will complain about it.

(edited by Piratoz.8627)

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Wasn’t gw1 a skin grind as well? I still need to finish up all those reputation grinds :’(

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I didn’t make it all the way through season 1…

Season 2’s been better, sure, even with all the SoS hokey pokey boss fights and twisted trips down memory lane. Dry Top and Silverwastes? Meh. They were fun for a while, but they have no sustain. And even though the content this time around is not vanishware, it’s just not doing the trick. Not hitting the spot. Not scratching the itch. Not feeding the cows. Hee.

As for a third season? Yeah. Let’s get through Season 2 first.

“I have a bad feeling about this.” ~ some guy who shot first before he got NPE’d

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Yep, looking forward to what they do with Season 3. S2 was better than S1, so far the trend is upwards. They’re constantly learning what people like and what they don’t, so they ought to be able to do even better next time.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yes, I want Season 3. And no, I don’t want an expansion at this point. I’d rather have them add $40.00 worth of expansion material for free. I’m funny like that.

Gone to Reddit.

SkylightMoon.1980

Yep, looking forward to what they do with Season 3. S2 was better than S1, so far the trend is upwards. They’re constantly learning what people like and what they don’t, so they ought to be able to do even better next time.

Yet by Season 4, at this pace would we have only had an expansions amount of content. And that would have been within over 3, close to 4 years lol.

Serophous.9085

Yet by Season 4, at this pace would we have only had an expansions amount of content. And that would have been within over 3, close to 4 years lol.

I’ll agree with the pace. As far as we know, there is an EP 8 for the last armor skins then…? I assume a 9, but if not….come back from holiday break, release one episode, ls break again??

SkylightMoon.1980

I’ll agree with the pace. As far as we know, there is an EP 8 for the last armor skins then…? I assume a 9, but if not….come back from holiday break, release one episode, ls break again??

Thast all I can assume. Most assume 8 is the end but if thats true, it means we get another break aftewards, unless episode 8 is a huge amount of content. That would just be ridiculous lol.

Serophous.9085

Thast all I can assume. Most assume 8 is the end but if thats true, it means we get another break aftewards, unless episode 8 is a huge amount of content. That would just be ridiculous lol.

Its like “yay 8! What’s the big secret?! Where do we go to from here?!” And find out we have to wait like four months or something….

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

To answer the thread, yes. I wouldnt mind an expansion (in the distant future), but their release of content so far, while a little disappointing in its size (and also in ignoring things like dungeons/fractals/wvw/ect), has been decent and FREE, so if you dont like it you arent losing anything.

The LS team is only like 20 people, so there have got to be other people working on other projects (they kitten well could hurry up with them too), and if its an option of choosing to hold all that content back for 1 year to release it together as an expansion, or to release it over feature packs spread over that year, I would pick the latter

I can only imagine the threads if a paid expansion comes out though and people can no longer “play how I want” without buying an expansion and so on. The forums will probably crash from all the whine threads when it comes out, which is another reason id rather get the content in feature packs than an expansion.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

The problem isn’t really about Anet being able to release content. It is rather about Ncsoft’s strategy as to how to manage GW2.

SkylightMoon.1980

The problem isn’t really about Anet being able to release content. It is rather about Ncsoft’s strategy as to how to manage GW2.

I sorta have a hard time believing that considering at least two NCsoft quarterly reports mentioned the possibility of developing expansions and at least one of those was in 2013. yet were at 2015 and still hear nothing.

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

If season 3 can be released along side a worthy expansion, then yeah I would want it. But having an expansion worth of content is more important than the current LS system. We need CONTENT and not a STORY.

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

It’s better than nothing.

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

I personally don’t care what format Anet releases content in. The bottom line is that the actually need to release substantial content. And thus far, in my opinion, Anet has failed to make LS deliver a comparable amount of content to a traditional expansion. The content that GW2 has released since the release of the game is meager compared to other popular MMOs such as WoW and FF14. I personally am more than willing to pay for content as long as it is good and substantial.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So OP in answer to your question, it seems like a lot of people do want Season 3. Including me.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I wish season 3 would be like a competitive living story that takes place in a huge WvW map.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Yes I want season 3. I’m enjoying the living story system.