Does anyone get 10 legitimate rezzes?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

The only way I see this happening legitimately is in wvw.

I see maybe 2 dead players in pve exploration and one will waypoint away before I can get to them.

Rezzing an NPC feels like cheating. People are jumping off cliffs for each other at 3:30 server time to get this done.

I think 10 is far more than most players could accomplish through natural playing.

Everytime I rez it’s legit.. Even if it is a npc.. Why do you people have to categorize or see something as something other than what it is.. Rezing npcs or players is an opportunity to do the daily. Stop considering it cheating when it’s not.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

It was more the way it was set up. You’d finish killing 15 mobs, then it turns out you’d have to kill 30 mobs. You’d kill 30 mobs, then you’d have to kill 30 more. Now I can see all I need to do, and can decide if it’s something I want to spend time on, or not. Often I do the daily, sometimes I can’t be bothered. Before it had no interest to me.

Except you earned an XP reward after killing 15 mobs, and then again at 30 mobs, and then again at 60 mobs. A total bonus of 9% of your level. Now you earn only a bonus of 3% of your level for killing 50 mobs.

Either way, you’re killing 50-60 mobs. After you’ve done it once under the old Daily it’s not like you’re not aware of where the goal line is. And, I think, if you can stomach killing 50 mobs, you can stomach killing 15, then 15 more, and then 30 more (or, as I look at it, 60 total). I always approached the daily thinking “I need 60 kills”.

You also have to consider that the daily is not just there to award you for playing the game, but also to encourage you to find new ways/places to play.

I like my current way of playing. That’s why I play that way. If I were interested in finding new ways and places to play, I wouldn’t need a Daily to entice me into doing that.

For the record, the original purpose of the Daily (as explained by the developers closer to launch) was to provide quick, obtainable, rewardable goals for players that didn’t have a lot of time to play. Now they have been changed from that to what is essentially a “busy-work” mechanic for end-game gear. I think we had enough of those already, and in the process we lost the original valuable design that is lacking from the game now.

Basically, what it comes down to is whether or not you enjoy what you do. If you don’t enjoy the daily for one day, then just don’t do it. There’s absolutely nothing you can buy with laurels that you need to have, in order to play the game.

What is now only apparently your ticket to laurels and the items that can be purchased with them, was (to me) a way of earning karma, experience, some additional coin, and possibly items from the BLT (like Black Lion Salvage Kits). So, you’re right.. I don’t need laurels, but I sure would like to have hung on to the other things without the system getting messed with.

On the other hand, you didn’t need laurels from the Daily. You’ve gotten through the game all this time fine without them.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Two places I go as a solo pve player. I head to the event in Orr Colonnade Waypoint, and Nageling Waypoint. Both of those usually have large numbers of dead npcs at any given point and if someones still alive at the Orr location just spend five minutes farming some resources and come back and you’ll see dead npcs all over the place.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

If you’re worried about letting NPCs get killed, try the Thauma reactor in northern Metrica. I’ve seen them fall over from whatever ‘background fallout’ is there (aka scripted death as part of story).

While you’re in the area, there are also Mark II Inquest golems hanging around nearby. Pick a fight with one if you need the dodge daily, and dodge through his rapid fire attack 2-3 times. Done.

And one of the ‘Power Overwhelming’ meta-events generated 10 Veterans in 15 minutes one evening. Which was annoying as it was the wrong night, but hey… * shrug *

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I have never found a problem with doing this achievement. Whether I am gathering/harvesting, doing map completions, WvW or Dungeons I always seem to stumble on players or NPCs that need reviving. There are plenty of villages that are under constant threat of invasion events.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

The rez achievement is the first one I get done and strangely enough the only one i never intentionally work on. If you’re having troubles with it you really need to visit more places, especially the ones everyone has mentioned in this thread.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

Id imagine on a very active WvW server you could easily get it in a single zerg battle.

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Fractals i do usually for em.

Posted by: Fey Zeal.7032

Fey Zeal.7032

I go out of my way with this new daily to res people. It feels like a nice way to encourage players to res each other. It’s not cheating to res npc’s, it actually encourages you to go out explore and look for npc’s in need.

I’m sure it is not meant to encourage people to go jump off cliffs that’s kind of silly.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

NPCs are legit. They’re part of the world too, not just players. I’ve always rezzed NPCs I come across even before the healer daily was introduced, because of that fact. My characters aren’t going to be running around ignoring people they can help back to their feet.

Intentionally letting NPCs die just for the rez I might consider somewhat cheating (well, not really cheating exactly, more like cheezing) but whatever. People can do what they gotta do to get it done.

The only thing the healer daily has really changed for me is that now I kind of feel bad for rezzing NPCs once I finish my daily. Something like “Well if I resurrect this NPC, some other player won’t be able to do it and get credit for their daily”, which raises a bit of a conflict between myself as a player and acting the role of my character. Leave ‘em dead to be courteous to other players working on their daily but at the same time go against what I’d do in-character, or act in-character and help the NPC but at the same time potentially mess up other players.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

The rez quota is always easy. Find any event and there are always some NPCs that tend to go down so fast rezzing them is not taking away from someone else since they are so frail they go down again in seconds or minutes after rezzing. Any players I find I always rezz too as a courtesy so eventually I get my quota and the experience points for rezzing so it is a win-win overall.

Today I had to work longer than expected and had barely 2 hours to get my daily completed when I got home but I managed it with around 15 minutes to spare. Finding events to complete was actually the hardest. I did find shooting salmon (one shot) was the easiest way to get the underwater kills today. Grubs were good for dodges. I try to figure out different things for the area I am in to complete the daily if I can for variety so I don’t feel this is a grind.

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

Just do a dragon, it’s amazing the amount of people that go down, achievement done really fast

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Just do a dragon, it’s amazing the amount of people that go down, achievement done really fast

You could, instead, just focus on helping to keep those people from going down in the first place.

But, I guess that wouldn’t help get your Daily Healer achievement done. Part of my beef with this particular task. It rewards players for waiting for people to die.

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

You could, instead, just focus on helping to keep those people from going down in the first place.

But, I guess that wouldn’t help get your Daily Healer achievement done. Part of my beef with this particular task. It rewards players for waiting for people to die.

I play a support warrior and have a bit of aoe healing, but it’s hard to keep people up who don’t move out of damage.

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

The only way I see this happening legitimately is in wvw.

I see maybe 2 dead players in pve exploration and one will waypoint away before I can get to them.

Rezzing an NPC feels like cheating. People are jumping off cliffs for each other at 3:30 server time to get this done.

I think 10 is far more than most players could accomplish through natural playing.

In dungeons and fractals of the mists it is quite easy to get rezzes. Even if your team performs flawlessly there are often npcs you can Rez.

Usually I just get it on downed teammates though.

I can honestly say I’ve never gone around looking for things to rez to get my daily some. It just happens naturally in dungeons/fotm/wvw.

I think some people may “wait” for people to die so they can get rezzes, you’re right. But in high level fotm responding promptly to downed teammates has always been a priority, so it’s business as usual there.