Zodiac Armors Feeback

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No, nothing out of the ordinary that you can’t see at the Grammy’s.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

The only issue is that the zodiac weapons were blue. I think the idea was to make them sort of match. I would be 100% for it though.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

I changed my Sylvari to blue, that way I match at least. lol

Ok, it looks completely awesome there.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I can’t say that I love most of the helms. Especially on asura they look very odd. I do however like the star-y blue skin. I wouldn’t mind if you could color it, although that would mess the stars up. However I don’t want a complete remake like the flame armor. A refund is not going to fly over well a second time. So please be very careful in your considerations.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Danicia!

Do you think there’s any chance the art team would make a version of this armor without the blue in it? I absolutely love the detail that they put into the rest of the (Light) armor, but I want to still be able to see my character.

(And if you can’t/won’t answer, could we get an Art person in here?)

You’re right, I cannot offer an answer on this. That being said, the reason why the discussion should stay constructive is because I am actively collecting feedback (positive & negative). So. I will put this in my feedback.

I think people are somewhat 50/50 on the blue skin thing. Like others suggested, I think it would be good if we could have some sort of option to remove the blue bits to show our actual skin, or at least be able to dye it. I was considering purchasing the light skin set, but the blue is putting me off buying it for my male human elementalist.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

That blue skin…Who saw a blue spandex body suit and thought “let’s put pieces of armor here and there”.

Now,whether the ascetics are done good or not, that’s a different question.

That’s pretty much the problem I find with those armor. I don’t mind skimpy armor, but I’m kind of tired of my character having a big behind (not proportionate to the rest of her body) all the time even after she ran all over Tyria.

But I must say that compared to a lot of armor, they look kind of good on Charr. Now if only we could remove that body suit…

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

On the male-vs-female discussion: yes, they show skin on guys, but not in areas that are popularly eroticized like a woman’s chest is. Male characters are deliberately desexualized in a jarring and downright surgical way, (their entire pelvic area is emasculated more than a Ken doll’s).

I should be writing.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Why? What’s wrong with exposing the form of breasts or legs, or skin?
When I’m doing life drawing classes, none of the people are laughing at nude models or get disgusted after seeing male genitalia.
Quite frankly I find these complaints quite childish.
Now,whether the ascetics are done good or not, that’s a different question.

Armor is supposed to be protective.

No its not. Armor in video games is not meant to be protective. Its meant to look good, sexy, interesting, cool or kitten. End of story.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I just find the randomly placed pieces of armor on the top half of the characters weird. It makes them look more scantily dressed than they are. I’m not sure if it’s an aesthetic I like yet, but I love the heavy armor. It’s not the amount suggested I find odd, just the random “support” under all the blue that feels random.

Personally, I’m far more perturbed by the fact the char will have her fact totally covered. How will she breathe?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Is that a new race?? Lore-wise these armour sets are impossible.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The armor seems to only use three colors. I just want them to let us use dyes to set the hue of the blue area as a fourth color option.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Is that a new race?? Lore-wise these armour sets are impossible.

The “lore” ship has sailed and then sunk.

If the 6 gods can be McCoy’d anything is fair game.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

The armor glow totally ruins mesmer phantasms. -_- I wish I knew about this before buying it. I like the blue skin tbh, makes my character look like an avatar of dwayna.. but it totally diminishes individualization. Zodiac should be an entire race by itself.

Attachments:

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

The armor design isn’t as bad as people say. I quite like the appearance if it wasn’t for the blueish skin. As some others mentioned you would probably sell a lot more of these if the blue parts were replaced with the actual skin color of the character, making it more suitable for mix matching armors. Maybe you could offer them as a seperate set or so. Don’t like the boots though, they look way too heavy armorish in the light and medium set.

For those complaining about the cleavage: Don’t like it? Don’t buy it! GW2 has more than enough non revealing sets, maybe even too much if we compare it to the likes of TERA. In the end ANet / NCSoft needs to make money through the Gemshop and as Sex(appeal) sells, its an obvious choice to maximize their profit. Ever played Soul Calibur? No? Then I’d highly advise you to go check out their buyable “armors”.

Retired GW2 Player

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

armor is amazing.
but the only thing that bothers me is that you can not dye blue. And the face is not visible …
By cons, it is unfortunate that on Asura, it is not a little more work to match a race.
it would be nice to be able to custom it.

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

It is a bodysuit. If you are reading more into it than that, I feel sorry for you.
Please note the only “skin” showing is her face.

Attachments:

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leo Paul.1659

Well, perception is relative. It doesn’t look like a bodysuit to me when all the parts are worn.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

I’ve always noticed that it’s always a teenage boy that takes offense to this kind of armour and always screams “But think of the parents!” I’ve never known a woman to get offended. Or a parent.

Guess it just makes them uncomfortable that they’re seeing the human body for the first time.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: aurora.2804

aurora.2804

http://s23.postimg.org/qsjn9y9kr/aphrodite.jpg

Gasp! Aphrodite, cover yourself! (Image is censored so no one gets offended)

It’s probably been discussed in a thousand topics already, but I’ll bring it up again anyway: Go to a museum and you see a lot of naked/half-naked statues and paintings everywhere. That’s just how the gods were depicted back then. What I’ve gathered is that the Zodiac outfits are supposed to be god-like, so to go with that theme I don’t feel there’s anything wrong with the current design of the outfits. I actually quite like them, because the more blue skin/suit/whatever it is they show, the more ethereal it looks with the glow and all.

That said, there are very many revealing outfits in the GW2 world that were probably made just to give players some eye-candy, but that discussion doesn’t belong in this thread. The zodiac armor in my opinion is completely justified. Besides, if you preview the armor on your character and leave the helmet out it does very much look like your character is just wearing a bright blue morphsuit with some armor on top, which is great at shattering the illusion that the blue would be actual skin showing.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

On the male-vs-female discussion: yes, they show skin on guys, but not in areas that are popularly eroticized like a woman’s chest is. Male characters are deliberately desexualized in a jarring and downright surgical way, (their entire pelvic area is emasculated more than a Ken doll’s).

Unfortunately it’s not that simple an issue. There are women out there who aren’t happy about the fact that because the male gaze says certain areas of their body are sexualised, they’re not allowed to breastfeed in public or go topless in summer like men are allowed to. Can you see how the double standard is pretty entrenched in misogyny? “You can’t go topless because I, a man, find it sexual in nature”? Once upon a time, that applied to showing some ankle, too.

Certainly I’d agree that most scantily-clad busts on video game characters are designed by men to appeal to men. There’s a big difference between what women choose to wear for themselves and what usually male designers allow their perfect slim goddess-esque female character models to wear in-game, but the whole thing is a multifaceted issue that can’t be handwaved away by “but it’s not the SAME when it comes to women”. It surely isn’t, but only because it’s much more complicated and encompasses male gaze, perceived ownership of the female form, body shaming/“decency” and other fun feminist concepts. This is where a lot of people go wrong with feminism – there is no genuine ‘right answer’. Real feminism is maintaining respect for people of all genders, respecting their choices, being aware of topics like this one and treating them equally as people.

I would certainly like to see more sexy and revealing male armour to balance out the overwhelming female sets, but my main stickler when it comes to MMO armour design is gender equivalence. I don’t object to revealing/sexualised armour in its entirety, because I consider it a person’s right to choose for themselves and not be shamed for that choice. So long as it’s not just the women who are expected to get their bits out, and there are conservative options available for those who don’t like revealing stuff for both genders, I’m generally happy.

(edited by Faowri.4159)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

I wonder if I will live to see the day when women’s breasts are no longer seen as sexual. Espesially odd blue versions of them. Sure you can do sexual things with them, but so can you with male nipples which are socially acceptable to be on full display. Now I am not saying we should all go through life topless, but it is the choice of the person on how they dress. I can get quite tired of women having to explain themselves and having to decide every time again if they can wear something where no such things happen for men. Double standards much? (And then only for a video game where it is not even real life.)

The mention of w@nkers in this thread shows exactly what I mean.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leo Paul.1659

IF you leave the helmet out. But it’s a set, and when worn makes it look like our characters are of a different race altogether like Dr. Manhattan. I could post pics of him here but I’d get an infraction even though he’s completely blue.

(from the movie Watchmen)

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Tbf, most of the female armour is “over-sexualised” .. … \=

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

I love that they tried to make something different, buuuut… Honestly, unless it’s on a blue Sylvari, I just don’t want my characters to wear those armors.
If the face mask looked a bit different (highlighting the eyes, some details carved in it or something like that), I’d prefer. I don’t like the idea of having my character’s face being replaced by a blank mask… but in the same time, I really with there were more full masks, and not a bajillion venetian masks. It’s really the lack of details on the mask part of those new armors that annoys me, I think.

Also, I’d totally love to see another version of those armors, without the glowing blue parts. The light armor (that looks like a medium armor) is actually awesome, it has some kind of Stargate Jaffa armor feeling, which I really like.

Not buying it right now for a blue Sylvari because I want to see if they’ll make another version of those without the blue parts.

Attachments:

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Should they make an armor that fully covers all the “curves” then?
So male and female can’t be distinguished?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esya.3427

Do you think the same about a naked male chest? Most things are only over-sexualised if you perceive it as such.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The armor glow totally ruins mesmer phantasms. -_- I wish I knew about this before buying it. I like the blue skin tbh, makes my character look like an avatar of dwayna.. but it totally diminishes individualization. Zodiac should be an entire race by itself.

That’s pretty awful looking, I was thinking about getting a light version of this for my human mesmer but I think I’ll skip it for now.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

My question is why Zodiac? The weapons have been out a while, I rarely see anyone with them so I’m confused why it wasn’t watchwork or toxic armor to go with the gloves/shoulders?

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Do you think the same about a naked male chest? Most things are only over-sexualised if you perceive it as such.

They make the armour look as sexy as possible. More so on the female character than male…..If you’re denying that..we’re playing different games.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leo Paul.1659

My question is why Zodiac? The weapons have been out a while, I rarely see anyone with them so I’m confused why it wasn’t watchwork or toxic armor to go with the gloves/shoulders?

Maybe it’s an indication of what’s to come for Living Story chapter 2? :O I definitely hope so.. I’d like to think of my character wearing the armor as an avatar of the gods. Or maybe Celestial. Maybe they’re coming back.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esya.3427

They make the armour look as sexy as possible. More so on the female character than male…..If you’re denying that..we’re playing different games.

I have seen nipples on male armor sets (wearing it myself on an asura) and noone seems to be complaining about that. So yeah, double standards.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leo Paul.1659

That’s pretty awful looking, I was thinking about getting a light version of this for my human mesmer but I think I’ll skip it for now.

IKR.. it ruins the experience of playing with a mesmer character when your phantasms are totally whack.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

IF you leave the helmet out. But it’s a set, and when worn makes it look like our characters are of a different race altogether like Dr. Manhattan. I could post pics of him here but I’d get an infraction even though he’s completely blue.

if you preview the armors you will see that the blue bits give off an aurora and also have moving cloud like space/dust across the surface- I imagine it would be even more noticeable in game.

it also completely obscures the facial features to the point where it is hard to tell the race between my humans and sylvari.

I cannot really imagine anyone thinking that the blue is skin- given all that.

But yes it makes you look sort of like a celestial race.

My first thought when I saw them was actually- whoo does that mean we have some interesting beings incoming?
My second thought was Margonite- not sure why

Gunnar’s Hold

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Don´t like it, don´t wear it, easy as that. But I guess in the age of PC and everyone being offended by this and that such a mindset is old fashioned and video games just have to have their own hierophants.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leo Paul.1659

if you preview the armors you will see that the blue bits give off an aurora and also have moving cloud like space/dust across the surface- I imagine it would be even more noticeable in game.

it also completely obscures the facial features to the point where it is hard to tell the race between my humans and sylvari.

My first thought when I saw them was actually- whoo does that mean we have some interesting beings incoming?

I actually like the armor.. I bought it for my female human mesmer (my only issue with it atm is that it ruins mesmer phantasms (see image below).. I do however see the blue parts as skin when worn as a set ala Dr. Manhattan.. I’m not saying it’s offensive or whatever though, it’s just my perception.

Attachments:

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

As feedback, I’m disappointed that the artists don’t seem to have been given any instructions regarding support for tails and floating shoulder pads on charr characters. I can understand why you might be reluctant to revisit old armours but surely new (gemstore) armours shouldn’t repeat the same problems again and again?

(I’ve been looking for a nice set of charr friendly armour for my engineer for a while).

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I actually like the armor.. I bought it for my female human mesmer (my only issue with it atm is that it ruins mesmer phantasms (see image below).. I do however see the blue parts as skin when worn as a set ala Dr. Manhattan.. I’m not saying it’s offensive or whatever though, it’s just my perception.

ahh no that is such a pity- file a report though

But thanks for the heads up was thinking of getting it for my mesmer but I think I will go for the guardian then

Gunnar’s Hold

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leo Paul.1659

ahh no that is such a pity- file a report though

But thanks for the heads up was thinking of getting it for my mesmer but I think I will go for the guardian then

Yea I already did.. It looks really bad for moving phantasms particularly. Just waiting on their response.

Attachments:

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The Zodiac Armor doesn’t reveal anything, it actually doesn’t reveal enough because of the blue. :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It doesn’t reveal anything. All I see is blue latex. I don’t see a single piece of skin…

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leo Paul.1659

Selective perception marketing… Working as intended!

Attachments:

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

Zodiac Armor is probably the armor that covers the most skin in the whole game… remember kids, skin-tight =/= nudity, would you accuse a woman wearing yoga pants of public nudity? I don’t think so.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Selective perception marketing… Working as intended!

True dat. At first glance, the armor makes you think it is actually an NPC, or a new breed of sylvari that is standing infront of you.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Why do they Always have to Remove the charr HORNS!??? And the Tail clipping… why ALWAYS tail clipping on Gem armours… The reason I dont buy them is ONLY because they dont fit properly on charr… with clipping, horn and ear removal etc… and I’m probably not alone.

Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leo Paul.1659

My question is, why are they calling the zodiac armor the most “daring” they’ve created to date? :/

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

My question is, why are they calling the zodiac armor their most “daring” they’ve created to date? :/

Because they think that everything they do is revolutionary. I think the new armor looks like crap and once again, won’t buy it. It really is starting to irritate me how 90% of patch notes are nothing but gem store bull——.

Maybe once they start adding armor sets to the, idk, actual game, I will be a little more receptive.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

IKR.. it ruins the experience of playing with a mesmer character when your phantasms are totally whack.

It is pretty bad. I put in a support ticket because if you have 3 phantasms out it is pretty ugly and distracting.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Too revealing? Not in the least, considering none of your actual skin is showing. This is more a blue body suit with an accent overlay.

It’s not really any more ‘revealing’ than a surfer’s wet suit, or the body suits girls used to wear when they were popular in the 90s.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

My question is, why are they calling the zodiac armor the most “daring” they’ve created to date? :/

there is always this group of overly conservative people that will complain about anything… just don’t let it get to you and hope Anet doesn’t either

(edited by korelg.7862)

Zodiac Armors Feeback

in Black Lion Trading Co

Leo Paul.1659

Yea me too.. I’ve never actually filed a ticket on graphical glitches to phantasms due to armor effects, but this one is just so bad.