Don't Make Precursors Craftable

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Meehael.8240

Meehael.8240

Listen to me carefully. A precursor is the only item that drops really rarely, and actually the only fuel that drives me to play the game. That feeling of whether will I get one or not. Everything of importance is already craftable. Legendary item is a vanity item. Leave precursors as a random drop, them at least.

Crafting so many items has become really tedious and boring. Sure, I hate it when a 10-year-old gets a precursor on first mystic forge use, and I already used MF for about a 100 times, and zilch. But, that’s the fun of it! Believe me.

Stop whining, and if you want to craft a precursor, you think it’s gonna be free? Just buy one off the Trading Post, because even if precursors would be craftable, mats could be worth ~500g.

Leave something to luck, don’t make another grind fest.

Thank you, ANet.

Intel i7-3770, MSI GTX1070 8GB, Asus P8H61 Pro, 16GB DDR3 @1600 MHz,
Corsair CX500 PSU, Kingston V300 60GB SSD

(edited by Meehael.8240)

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

There’s nothing legendary about randomness.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Listen to me carefully. A precursor is the only item that drops really rarely, and actually the only fuel that drives me to play the game. That feeling of whether will I get one or not. Everything of importance is already craftable. Legendary item is a vanity item. Leave precursors as a random drop, them at least.

Crafting so many items has become really tedious and boring. Sure, I hate it when a 10-year-old gets a precursor on first mystic forge use, and I already used MF for about a 100 times, and zilch. But, that’s the fun of it! Believe me.

Stop whining, and if you want to craft a precursor, you think it’s gonna be free? Just buy one off the Trading Post, because even if precursors would be craftable, mats could be worth ~500g.

Leave something to luck, don’t make another grind fest.

Thank you, ANet.

the only way to beat that grind will be luck, so dont worry about it.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Except for… Legendary Randomness!

@OP – Honestly though, even if the mats were worth ~500… at the very least it would feel more progressive than flipping TP and watching gold grow in your bag…. Don’t know at least that would be for me.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

This. Mystic Forge, Drops, and TP are not worthy of being part of anything that takes on the name “legendary”.

OP probably invested a ton of gold into precursors and is worried about losing that investment.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Even if the cost were the same as buying it from the TP. Players can work towards a goal instead of just waiting for an extremely small random chance.

They can say “Yay, I only need 99,900 more XYZ’s to get my precursor!” and that number can drop every day.

Random drops with rediculously small drop percentages are not fun for anyone.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I will say that crafting a precursor (if its like crafting most other things in this game) is pretty boring and grindy. I would hope they come up with a system that focuses on fun tasks, discovery, and adventure, but im pretty sure it will amount to collect 100000 bloodstone dust 100000 dragonite 100000empyreal 1000 skill points 2000 orichalcum, ancient wood, gossamer

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I will say that crafting a precursor (if its like crafting most other things in this game) is pretty boring and grindy. I would hope they come up with a system that focuses on fun tasks, discovery, and adventure, but im pretty sure it will amount to collect 100000 bloodstone dust 100000 dragonite 100000empyreal 1000 skill points 2000 orichalcum, ancient wood, gossamer

Why do you think they recently introduced collection expanders that allow you to stack 1000 mats? There’s going to be a reason why you want to store that much stuff…

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Buying Precursor from TP is sure legendary.

Posted by: Tryxtr.6295

Tryxtr.6295

Luck should never be a part of anything “important” in a video game. Having a Legendary is a pretty lofty goal for most players, and making one key component of the Legendary a lucky, random drop, is completely ridiculous. It should take time to acquire. A long time.

Technically someone could play the game for 4,000 hours and not have a precursor drop, due to bad luck. And someone else could play the game for 200 hours and get 2 precursors because they have good luck. RNG on something that is so important to the “end game” for a lot of players is completely unacceptable.

Precursors should have been ONLY craftable, and ACCOUNT BOUND from the very beginning. Same with Legendaries. It should have been about time spent, and prestige. Now, it’s about luck and lots of people buy them. Doesn’t mean much anymore.

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Sounds like someone sits on a stack of precursors.
If not, well there are others that do.

Precursor prices are manipulated, so there should be a way to not support these guys.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Precursor prices are manipulated, so there should be a way to not support these guys.

So how do you manipulate pre cursor prices?

Their prices on the TP actually reflect the average amount of gold you need to buy enough exotic weapons to put into the forge.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

Luck should never be a part of anything “important” in a video game. Having a Legendary is a pretty lofty goal for most players, and making one key component of the Legendary a lucky, random drop, is completely ridiculous. It should take time to acquire. A long time.

Technically someone could play the game for 4,000 hours and not have a precursor drop, due to bad luck. And someone else could play the game for 200 hours and get 2 precursors because they have good luck. RNG on something that is so important to the “end game” for a lot of players is completely unacceptable.

Precursors should have been ONLY craftable, and ACCOUNT BOUND from the very beginning. Same with Legendaries. It should have been about time spent, and prestige. Now, it’s about luck and lots of people buy them. Doesn’t mean much anymore.

This. Exactly, this. I think the worst possible solution would be to make precursors (and legendaries) craftable and sellable. An intermediate would be the system we have now, where there’s some extreme RNG but there’s at least the option to buy off the TP. The best solution, however, would be to make legendaries and precursors account bound through the whole process.

I understand the benefits of gold as a common currency, and why most things can be bought and sold. It goes with Anet’s core philosophy of, reduce grind, play how you like, and get the best rewards in the game. You want Lord Taeres’s Shadow? Well instead of doing research to see which champ bags drop those, finding that champion, and finding the most efficient way to kill that champion 432796682349 times until your weapon drops, you can just run a few dungeons, do some sPvP, do whatever suits your fancy, until you get 30 gold and buy it off the TP. That’s great for making things accessible to people who don’t like to grind. But there’s another group of players out there who Anet claims to make this game for when they say they want to make something for “everybody”. The downside to standardizing rewards with gold is that a lot of unique rewards looses its sense of rarity, and that diminishes the sense of pride and reward for a lot of players. I’m guessing that’s why this sword dropped from 300 gold a pop to 30 gold. Some players enjoy the feeling of accomplishment of having to “work hard” for their goals, or to really feel like a unique snowflake. There’d be a sense of pride walking around with a LTS if there weren’t as many around, and a sense of camaraderie when you see another person with one, knowing that this person most likely wanted it badly enough to also have gone through the same grueling process you went through to attain it. I believe that would be the case if LTS (and other weapons) were account bound from the go. There are certain items you want sell-able and accessible (certainly mainly, if not completely, stat progression), and other times you want to be account bound to preserve that sense of reward and rarity. I think it’s great that exotics are so accessible, and there are so many options even in terms of cosmetic variety that is available on the trading post. Legendary weapons, I would argue, clearly belong in the second category; the whole point of those things is to give the wielder a sense of accomplishment, and to set yourself apart with pretty little footprints and particle effects.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I like the idea of precursors not being tied to crafting or randomness… but what REALLY could they base it on that would satisfy even a simple majority of players… especially since much of what they COULD do is already implemented to some extent in the legendary process itself.

You already have to explore darn near everything to get the Gift of Exploration.

Dungeon running is already necessary for the Gift of Whatever.

WvW is already required for the Gift of Battle.

Gathering is already necessary for the other Gifts.

Then again… even crafting is already required.

Really, the only thing that I could think of that could be unique to the precursor process is the open world “raid” content… and how much do you think that would infuriate the players? Hell… it’d probably be received worse than what we have currently.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Their prices on the TP actually reflect the average amount of gold you need to buy enough exotic weapons to put into the forge.

Are you serious? It’s very simple for anyone who is sitting on a stack of gold.
4 precursers of one type on the TP for 200G each.
Purchase all 4 for 800G.
Post back 2 on the TP for 400G each.

Create shortage and inflate price in one easy transaction. This is a very simplified version of what goes on, but you should get the idea.

Meehael.8240

This. Exactly, this. I think the worst possible solution would be to make precursors (and legendaries) craftable and sellable…

So, in about a month or two every player will walk around in LA with a Twilight :S
That’s utterly boring and completely unchallenging.
I like the possibility of a specific precursor deplete from TP completely. So, you never know when or where you’ll get one, but sure feels epic when you do get one. And not everyone will walk around with the same legendary weapon around.

Crafting=Booooring! How many times do I have to say that?

The crafting of ascended and legendaries is already painful as it is, but don’t make everything craftable.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

… or about selling a precursor or a full legendary on the TP. Say what you want about the ‘status symbol’-esque nature of these, but they were part of the game from the start and getting them should be difficult I agree, but at no point should anyone have the right to buy a legendary. It’s a can-opener to how they obatined that much gold to invest in it.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Considering there’s a second set of legendaries coming, they probably won’t make precursors craftable and rather make the new precursors craftable. Making the current precursors craftable, especially if they used tradeable materials, would only create a market shock or possibly devalue a player’s achievement.

I would expect them to change how the new legendaries are made rather than simply being farms. One of their goals was to get people out into the world. They tried this with ascended items by spreading the material out through different activities. They’ll probably do the same thing for the new precursors. Although they could simply require a large quantity of the ascended materials, I would also expect for them to require new materials because they want to lengthen your play time. I’m assuming they want to solve the dead zone problem and not just with the living story, so I would expect them to add something that requires playing in these zones or alternatively for main maps to be removed entirely.

From what is known however, precursor “crafting” aka the “scavenger hunt” will be something requiring you to run around and perform tasks or collect things and probably require puzzle solving.
[&AgGYvwAA] [&AgG0vwAA] [&AgHJvwAA]

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I disagree with the OP. My primary reason is because the Precursor should one of the first ingredients that you’re able to get. The point of the Precursor, is to have a weapon to use, that you’re eventually able to upgrade into a better one. As it currently stands, the Precursor tends to be the last thing most people are able to get. Therefore, the only thing it is used for, is the last item to toss into the Mystic Forge and is never used at all. What’s the point of a weapon that you’re never going to use?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Are you serious? It’s very simple for anyone who is sitting on a stack of gold.
4 precursers of one type on the TP for 200G each.
Purchase all 4 for 800G.
Post back 2 on the TP for 400G each.

Create shortage and inflate price in one easy transaction. This is a very simplified version of what goes on, but you should get the idea.

I actually sit on a stack of gold and manipulating markets is not as easy as you make it.
First of all, the amount of pre cursors listed on the tp is just a small amount of the general supply of them, most are in peoples inventories or bank, nevermind the neverending influx of new pre cursors that drop or are forged.

If there were 4 available at 200g each, it meant that nobody valued them at a higher price than that until you bought them. Then you have to consider all the listings that are between 200-400g, so its gonna take a while until somebody actually buys those 2 that you listed at 400g, nevermind being constantly undercut by others. If you sold those 2, you are still 120g short to break even, due to fees and taxes.

Of course pre cursor are constantly on the rise but thats more due to general inflation, higher demand than supply and not manipulation. If we take Dusk for example:
In the last 9 months the average price of buy orders only inflated by 30%. Thats not much, is it?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Meehael.8240

I disagree with the OP. My primary reason is because the Precursor should one of the first ingredients that you’re able to get. The point of the Precursor, is to have a weapon to use, that you’re eventually able to upgrade into a better one. As it currently stands, the Precursor tends to be the last thing most people are able to get. Therefore, the only thing it is used for, is the last item to toss into the Mystic Forge and is never used at all. What’s the point of a weapon that you’re never going to use?

In other words, crafting is easy and for kids.

videoboy.4162

Not even close, Troll. As it stands now, it’s pure RNG or just “Buy with Gold.” No skill there.

Meehael.8240

Not even close, Troll. As it stands now, it’s pure RNG or just “Buy with Gold.” No skill there.

Touchy, touchy. So, crafting is skill and it can’t be bought with gold?

Posted by: luxymonsteri.1078

luxymonsteri.1078

This. Exactly, this. I think the worst possible solution would be to make precursors (and legendaries) craftable and sellable…

So, in about a month or two every player will walk around in LA with a Twilight :S
That’s utterly boring and completely unchallenging.
I like the possibility of a specific precursor deplete from TP completely. So, you never know when or where you’ll get one, but sure feels epic when you do get one. And not everyone will walk around with the same legendary weapon around.

Crafting=Booooring! How many times do I have to say that?

The crafting of ascended and legendaries is already painful as it is, but don’t make everything craftable.

That precursors would be craftable doesn’t mean that everyone will be walking with a legendary in a few months. Legendaries are made of other components than the precursors too, and they take a fair amount of time to get. And if Anet made them craftable, it doesn’t mean that they’d make it very easy either. Precursors are supposed to be high in value, and their recipes would probably end up being that way, as it should be. It would only take away the randomness factor from it, which is you know, the thing that annoys people. Crafting is way, way less boring than grinding for gold or throwing all the rares or exos you might find to the toilet. Grinding for gold several hours doing dungeons and running in Orr? Boooo~oooooring!

But of course, it’s not like you would ~~get it~~, considering your terrible attitude lmao

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Buying Precursor from TP is sure legendary.

It’s a legendary amount of gold!

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

videoboy.4162

Touchy, touchy. So, crafting is skill and it can’t be bought with gold?

Actually, crafting IS a skill. However, in order to be able to craft the precursors, you’re going to first have to go on those Scavenger Hunts to earn the ability to do so.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Every time I read people complaining about precursor being craftable they think it will be easy to craft it.
Guys the possibility of craft the precursor is not to make it easier/cheaper it is just to have an alternative that isn’t random and doesn’t require direct gold into the TP.
I’m pretty sure that Anet is taking long to do that is to balance the difficult.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

lol this is insane they better make it so u can craft your precursor . i know people that have got 2 precursor drops .
and i have ben playing as long as them with nothing :S
even a # of arch points would be better than random drop.
ya i know i can go champ farm run dungeons till my eyes bleed & grind for gold with out spending for like a 2 month +
but i thought this game was not about grinding and that is a snooze fest .
random drop = grind with out any expectiation of when u may aquire

(edited by caveman.5840)

Meehael.8240

I want some challenge in the game! Some of you said that the hardest part of obtaining a legendary is obtaining a precursor. There you go! Challenge accepted! If ANet makes precursors craftable, believe me, it will come down to being Farmsville, not GW2. Do you really think that farming fractals and bosses for ascended mats is challenging? I do that with a blindfold. I know that exactly after a certain number of runs or days I will craft the ascended item.

Do you guys remember why Diablo 2 was so popular? The loot! And yes, random loot drops! That was fun. You give up or try harder! Guild Craft 2 ain’t challenging, and in the long run, fun. I tell you, if precursors become craftable, every 10-year-old will walk around with an Eternity. It’s the certainty that’s boring, for goodness sake!

Does anyone hear me? Anyone?

(edited by Meehael.8240)

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

There is nothing legendary about Legendarys anyway, so thats not a valid counterpoint.

Imho both crafting and rng drops are a bad way to get precursours.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

They definitely shouldn’t make all components of a legendary precursor sellable on the TP.

What they should do is take a page out of the ascended crafting book. Account bound mats and time gated intermediate steps. Might be a good secondary usage for things like bloodstone dust and dragonite ore.

That way that is a method to getting the precursor that can be worked towards with concrete progress, but it allows for ANet to control how long it takes.

Posted by: Koralz.3970

Koralz.3970

Don’t worry about it… You guys seem to have the notion that crafting a precursors will make them available on hand to anyone. Honestly if it was intended to be like that, drop rates would have been massively raised a very long time ago. Crafting one will simply give a different method to get one. It will not turn precursors into bargain bin items.

videoboy.4162

Don’t worry about it… You guys seem to have the notion that crafting a precursors will make them available on hand to anyone. Honestly if it was intended to be like that, drop rates would have been massively raised a very long time ago. Crafting one will simply give a different method to get one. It will not turn precursors into bargain bin items.

No, I just think that it will give people an alternative route to obtaining one, besides just getting lucky. And I like Scavenger Hunts.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I want some challenge in the game! Some of you said that the hardest part of obtaining a legendary is obtaining a precursor. There you go! Challenge accepted! If ANet makes precursors craftable, believe me, it will come down to being Farmsville, not GW2. Do you really think that farming fractals and bosses for ascended mats is challenging? I do that with a blindfold. I know that exactly after a certain number of runs or days I will craft the ascended item.

Do you guys remember why Diablo 2 was so popular? The loot! And yes, random loot drops! That was fun. You give up or try harder! Guild Craft 2 ain’t challenging, and in the long run, fun. I tell you, if precursors become craftable, every 10-year-old will walk around with an Eternity. It’s the certainty that’s boring, for goodness sake!

We hear you, but just not agree with you. They’ve already stated that whatever method is implemented for making precursors will not greatly effect the precursor market (read: they’re going to be just as expensive as if bought off the TP). Getting a precursor is already “farmsville”. People farm gold and buy off TP/buy rares & exotics and mystic toilet. Why you think this is any different than “farmsville” mats and crafting I’m unsure. If you are under the impression most people get their precursors for their legendary via drop, you are mistaken.

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

If thats the only thing that keeps you playing you should probably just quit.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Do you really think that farming mobs and bosses for a random drop (precursor) is challenging? I do that with a blindfold.

Fixed it for you.

I want some challenge in the game! Some of you said that the hardest part of obtaining a legendary is obtaining a precursor. There you go! Challenge accepted!

See corrected statement above. And the “hardest part of obtaining a legendary is obtaining the precursor” is only because they cost so much gold, whether it is in the form of rare/exotics going into the mystic forge or buying strait out on the TP, not because there is any Challenge in getting one.

If ANet makes precursors craftable, believe me, it will come down to being Farmsville, not GW2. Do you really think that farming fractals and bosses for ascended mats is challenging? I do that with a blindfold. I know that exactly after a certain number of runs or days I will craft the ascended item.

I can do the same for precursor right now through dungeons and the gold I can get from them. I know that after an approximate number of dungeon runs I will be able to buy my precursor.

Guild Craft 2 ain’t challenging, and in the long run, fun. I tell you, if precursors become craftable, every 10-year-old will walk around with an Eternity. It’s the certainty that’s boring, for goodness sake!

Everyone is already running around with legendaries, so much so that I don’t even pay a second look to them other than “Man! That guy with the Dreamer is really annoying with the unicorns.” Precursors/legendaries have no prestige, given enough real money you can buy one or buy nearly all the components to get one.

Yes. Do you hear everyone else?

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

I think precusor luck dropping or buying is actually more “legendary” than crafting one.
There are several points that a player has to do before getting a Legendary:
- Skill: The player must be able to understand the game and be able to get giftst from dungeons and battle.
- Time: Connected with luck => the more time you spend the more likely it is to get a precursor.

For me the system atm is just fine then.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

As my role as a forum elementalist suggests I will also burst into this topic and put my two cents here:

The current means to getting a precursors are truly unepic. You get lucky or grind gold to buy it. I also don’t like the “binary” aspect of it, you either have it or not. There should rather be intermediate steps in getting it. And when was the last time anybody really used a precursor? You usually get it last and put it into the mystic forge right away to get your real object of desire. This not what I expect from something called a “precursor”.

Another problem that people often complain about (yeah, me too) is that ascended gear locks you into one build. That is why many want to be able to swap stats on ascended gear. Not right from the start, but by unlocking them step by step.

So why not solve both of those problems at the same time? Add a way to unlock stat combinations on ascended gear and allow us to use fully unlocked ascended items as precursors. There you have it: You make your ascended item first, improve it over time by unlocking more stat combos until you have a precursor. During all this time you actually have something useful in your hands. Now if you want to, you can go the last step and make a legendary weapon. The unlocking part can be implemented very creatively as well. Be it a scavenger hunt, be it doing challanging content, be it crafting, you name it.

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

RNG should ONLY be used for serendipity. Take dungeon runes for instance. Their droprates are low, especially the superior versions but no one complains about this. Why? Because they is an alternative to way to buy those runes and this way can be measured. If one person happens to get a drop while the other he plays with has to buy the full set with tokens, there is no problem.

When RNG becomes the ONLY way to gain something, it creates problems. It is completely possible for a hardcore player to kill every world boss every day on three different servers for the next 5 years, dump all the gold you made off of them into buying rares for the mystic forge and never get a precursor. It is also possible for someone to play casually today decide to give two metabosses some love taps just because he happened to be close enough to the events and get 2 precursors. The first person would be furious and feel like they have wasted their time, effort and energy. That first person’s scenario is also more likely to happen than the second person.

I hope that, one day, the naysayers will come to understand that people aren’t whining for an easy way to get a precursor. They’re whining because they want a GUARANTEED way to get a precursor and there isn’t one. No, the trading post doesn’t count because it is also susceptible to the problem with rng-only drops. It’s possible for no precursors to drop for days and for all the ones on the trading post to be sold out. No amount of gold saved up is going to make a desired precursor appear so even the richest player will have to wait until it drops for someone and that someone is willing to sell it. This has already happened on several occasions and WILL happen again in the future!

Another problem I have with naysayers is that they think implementing a way to make a precursor will make legendaries easy. At most, it can be argued that a precursor is 1/4 of the necessary materials required. Even if you get one, you STILL have to get the other 3 gifts. Good luck getting world completion if your server is up against the tier 1s and don’t even get me started on clovers! At the very least, a precursor will require the same effort needed to make an ascended weapon. If someone told me to choose between gambling on the mystic forge for a chance of getting one or making it with the ascended formula, I would go ascended every time!

I, like many others with bad luck, am not afraid of working hard. I’m afraid of working hard and getting nothing for it.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I completely agree. There’s nothing fancy about random drops either. This call for games to go backwards in design by a small niche of the playerbase isn’t just limited to GW2 mind you it’s happening in every game title across all of MMO’dom. It started about the time that the numbers waxed and waned in one of the largest games out there in the number of players as casual people began to get involved in these themepark titles and like it or not, these players who are calling for the olden golden days will simply have to accept the reality that casual players are the meat and potatoes that drives the purchases in these titles after the initial rush.

Now that that’s out of the way, I totally support making precursors craftable because the economy has already been ruined both by an unfair system that allowed players access to the 1st island’s chest which gave them multiple precursor drops, and due to the fact that the drop rate before they changed how magic find works in this title, was lopsided at best which gave people an unfair advantage.

The damage has already been done, it’s been a problem since November 2012, and it’s time that it be rectified. The only way they’re going to turn this problem around and repair the economy is to make these items more available. It’s just like the T6 materials, they added methods of gaining them in order to improve crafting all around and it’s repaired much of the problems with crafting.

One can only hope they continue down this path.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I’m just gonna agree with those who say that incorporating luck into something like this is just lame and it’s not like anyone would be “forced” into crafting a precursor. If they just wanna hope until one drops then that option would still be there. Crafting, – regardless of how much grind there will probably be – is infinitely better than relying on chance.

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Yea scrap the PRECURSOR CRAFTING! Those who worked hard for their precusor whether its bought in TP or using Mystic will be unfair…. leave it the way it is. And yea Legendaries shouldn’t be sellable in tp.

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Yea scrap the PRECURSOR CRAFTING! Those who worked hard for their precusor whether its bought in TP or using Mystic will be unfair…. leave it the way it is. And yea Legendaries shouldn’t be sellable in tp.

Worked hard is either $40.00USD or “Oh look it dropped.”

Neither of which is what anyone would call Hardwork.

WingLegacy.7159

Then your loss if using real money for in game item….

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

This. Mystic Forge, Drops, and TP are not worthy of being part of anything that takes on the name “legendary”.

OP probably invested a ton of gold into precursors and is worried about losing that investment.

Agree 100% that OP is hoping to continue to cash in on RNG.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Judge Banks.9018

Depends on your perspective, is your time worth less than minimum wage?

WingLegacy.7159

I wouldn’t know. I have more time and earning more than the min wage…

Judge Banks.9018

I wouldn’t know. I have more time and earning more than the min wage…

Point I was making is that you don’t make 42g an hour in game, which is minimum wage. Also you use more ellipses than Dan Brown.

WingLegacy.7159

Same thing I was pointing out to those who get their precusor from hard work. Obviously there’s no effort if you’re using real money isn’kitten

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Please, ANet, don’t further dumb down the game over these players.

LOL! Because RNG is so intellectual??

Thanks for the comment, though, because I don’t think I could make this stuff up myself.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]