Don't ragequit/uninstall just yet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Yet another ANet flop. I’d say wait for Wildstar, but given that it’s a NCSoft product…enough said. Not wasting my time again.

Posted by: Thorn.7963

Thorn.7963

I’m calmquitting until we get a new expansion. If it looks good I’ll rejoin the game. But this patch was just the last straw for me. The LS and these updates have given me too many negatives and not enough pros.

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

I think gamers really, really have a hard time understanding that not every person has the same “skill” and ability in a video game. I play with people all the time who are extremely casual about video games, and often times they find the most unusual problems and can often get confused at things that are second nature to me. Some of you really have trouble understanding that there could be plenty of people like that trying to play Guild Wars 2.

It’s pointless and counter productive to essentially say “you think its hard? wow you really shouldn’t etc. etc. etc.” because thats no different than Kirk Hammett not understanding why you can’t play a guitar.

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

I think gamers really, really have a hard time understanding that not every person has the same “skill” and ability in a video game. I play with people all the time who are extremely casual about video games, and often times they find the most unusual problems and can often get confused at things that are second nature to me. Some of you really have trouble understanding that there could be plenty of people like that trying to play Guild Wars 2.

It’s pointless and counter productive to essentially say “you think its hard? wow you really shouldn’t etc. etc. etc.” because thats no different than Kirk Hammett not understanding why you can’t play a guitar.

I’m not saying they should find things easy or be super good at the game.

I am saying however, there is NOTHING wrong with asking for help or advice. If you can’t solve a puzzle but never ask for help, it’s just self-defeating.

If you are having trouble with something, see if it’s a group event instead of a soloable one. (These things happen). If it’s an area, see how tightly parked the bad guys are. Yell in mapchat if you need help, see if anybody is around.

Posted by: TheTechnician.1078

TheTechnician.1078

I know a lot of people are upset with some of the changes, but try and understand the reasons from the developer point of view and allow for some things to be readjusted as necessary.

some of the changes that people aren’t liking will possibly be further tweaked with hotfixes, just give it time.

The best you all can do is provide calm and detailed feedback like some have already been doing. It is possible that they had overlooked some things and all of you will do a better job at finding the issues than a small team would be able to.

Anet nerfed my characters into the dirt today by taking away almost all Traits my characters had earned. I am not a good enough Player to reach level 80. That’s right, I am not good enough at this game… but I love parts of GW2 enough that I had kept the game installed so I could return one day.
Well today I log in and my highest character, lvl 51 ELE has four traits out of the over 15 he used to have. FOUR. I was having a hard enough time as it is.

Anet doesn’t want People like me playing their MMO. Without those traits, and the benefits I each of my characters got from them, the game is now beyond my abilities.

These changes were great for the gazillion lvl 80s, but not good for Players that have a hard time with this game. Anet decided whom their preferred customers are and I am not on the list.

Feedback Given. Resigned from Guild. All Characters deleted. Game Uninstalled.

LOL. 4 Traits is equal to an old 20 traits. Each new trait is basically 5 trait points and unlocks one trait slot.

This is completely ignoring the fact that you have no traits anymore before level 30. The sense of progression is gone, the fun of levelling is less. Those players who do not have the time or ability to make it to level 80 will never experience those trait aspects. Nice of you to laugh at those people.

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

Anet nerfed my characters into the dirt today by taking away almost all Traits my characters had earned. I am not a good enough Player to reach level 80. That’s right, I am not good enough at this game… but I love parts of GW2 enough that I had kept the game installed so I could return one day.

Well you did pick the hardest class to play, so I can see why some people might struggle with elementalist. Perhaps reroll warrior, I assure you, you won’t have half the problems you are having and can do most content asleep.

Well today I log in and my highest character, lvl 51 ELE has four traits out of the over 15 he used to have. FOUR. I was having a hard enough time as it is.

Well I see your problem… See most gamers learn during their time as a gamer, to test out mechanics with trial and error. Most people would have immediately spent those 4 traits and noticed that they are the equivalent of 5 previous trait points. I suspect you’ll have an easier time as a gamer if you learn to learn through trial and error. Yes, you’ll fail a lot at what you’re trying to accomplish, but each of those fails is one step closer to a success and understanding.

Anet doesn’t want People like me playing their MMO. Anet must want the Players that can breeze through leveling content to 80, which I admit I have had a hard time doing. Without those traits, and the benefits I each of my characters got from them, the game is now beyond my abilities. These changes were great for the gazillion lvl 80s, but not good for Players that have a hard time with this game. Anet decided whom their preferred customers are and I am not on the list.

Oh I assure you, they do… See once upon a time in ye olde beta. Things were actually hard, events actually scaled to the number of players present. And mobs were not the simple push overs they are now. But Arenanet realized that this would impact their lowest common denominator to heavily. And since, theoretically that is the largest player base. They heavily nerfed everything and consistently continued to nerf things like dungeons and bosses through out GW2’s life.

This gives the implication that infact Arenanet mostly want players like you.

I am not rage quitting, I just realize I don’t belong here and there is no sense in holding out hope I might play GW2 again.

Feedback Given. Resigned from Guild. All Characters deleted. Game Uninstalled

A shame, may I instead suggest a game more suited to your skill level.

Dark Souls.

Enjoy.

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

I think Alice is a good example of what I was talking about.

And right now, leveling is a bit more taxing on newer players and I’m having a hard time keeping one of my friends motivated to play the game. When a player levels up, they like to feel rewarded and a little bit stronger, otherwise it starts to feel like the first few levels are pointless.

I can understand their goal with traits, but I don’t think they should have made 30 the starting point.

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

And right now, leveling is a bit more taxing on newer players and I’m having a hard time keeping one of my friends motivated to play the game. When a player levels up, they like to feel rewarded and a little bit stronger, otherwise it starts to feel like the first few levels are pointless.

I can understand their goal with traits, but I don’t think they should have made 30 the starting point.

I don’t see your point, I mean what are you actually expecting of them here? To make the game cripplingly easy for someone who cannot teach themselves?

Personally I think I offered the best advice I could. I advised him to learn how to learn and to accept his failures as a step toward learning. And the little dark souls joke at the end, was meant in this same sense.

I’m not sure what else you can do for someone who isn’t willing to learn how to learn themselves. Hold there hand through everything I guess… But then what happens when you take that away? This happens…

Posted by: Porterhouse.6304

Porterhouse.6304

I don’t plan to ragequit. But I’m definately not spending any more money on the online store – ever. ArenaNet can run the game for free for me until the end of it’s days.

Kalavier.1097

I don’t see your point, I mean what are you actually expecting of them here? To make the game cripplingly easy for someone who cannot teach themselves?

Personally I think I offered the best advice I could. I advised him to learn how to learn and to accept his failures as a step toward learning. And the little dark souls joke at the end, was meant in this same sense.

I’m not sure what else you can do for someone who isn’t willing to learn how to learn themselves. Hold there hand through everything I guess… But then what happens when you take that away? This happens…

Alice may have put it slightly more bluntly, but this is basically the same thing I said.

Learn, ask for advice or help if you are stuck. If you have trouble, but refuse to try some other way to get to it or ask for advice, your failure is your own.

Posted by: Ryu.1368

Ryu.1368

Try to use logic with rage quitters usually doesn’t work, but the idea is good.

Quitting a game because in your mind it’s no longer enjoyable isn’t always rage quitting anyway. Try using logic with simpletons usually doesn’t work but the idea’s good.

I don’t care about the critical hit nerf myself, but the fact that one of my characters I loved playing as a themed character to escape the norm was broken with town clothes, coupled with the fact that from PvP on down to even cosmetic potions, they can’t seem to balance their gameplay. To argue that the game is to new to be balanced yet would be applicable if they would break the same pattern as if they’re not learning from their blunders, and show better judgement. Having “dev initiatives” with the community in one facet, then failing to do so in other ways (like town clothes or other ‘ninja nerfs’ that seem to surface) shows they won’t learn. So when I quit for Wildstar, it won’t be rage, but as simple as just stepping away from what I feel may never improve without certain patterns breaking.

I’ll remain here until the other game. No one can have my hundreds of gold, no one can have my no longer obtainable items that aren’t account/soulbound, because I might check in on the game later to see if it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I might even help float their servers again by paying for gems.

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

I know a lot of people are upset with some of the changes, but try and understand the reasons from the developer point of view and allow for some things to be readjusted as necessary.

some of the changes that people aren’t liking will possibly be further tweaked with hotfixes, just give it time.

The best you all can do is provide calm and detailed feedback like some have already been doing. It is possible that they had overlooked some things and all of you will do a better job at finding the issues than a small team would be able to.

They’re not going to “hotfix” the things that REALLY matter. Like fixing PvE and making it viable gameplay. They’re not going to undo the one-chest-a-day nonsense.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Anyone who’d rage quit over this is not someone I’d like to play with.

Zerker still has the highest damage output, combat in GW2 is still pretty quick compared to other MMOs.

That’s what I was thinking and much to my surprise they have tweaked an enormous amount of abilities for each class, I haven’t had this much fun on my condition engineer in a long time. I’m actually able to make a power condi engineer and do some awesome damage in PVE to mobs and not have the fights last for 5 minutes like they used to.

They still have a long way to go to perfect it like with pets and summons being so weak, and everything big being immune to CC but it’s a great start!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Yet another ANet flop. I’d say wait for Wildstar, but given that it’s a NCSoft product…enough said. Not wasting my time again.

Lots of bling features and changes to help increase gem store revenue. Grindy living story events every two weeks.. no problem! Meaningful WvW changes we’ve been asking for almost two years…. don’t be silly. Some people actually play GW2 just for endgame WvW. Good thing there are some upcoming PvP focused MMO’s coming out in the future!

CU!

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I’m glad I got to 80 before this change, having to reach 30 before getting any traits would have made me give up.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Well I see your problem… See most gamers learn during their time as a gamer, to test out mechanics with trial and error. Most people would have immediately spent those 4 traits and noticed that they are the equivalent of 5 previous trait points. I suspect you’ll have an easier time as a gamer if you learn to learn through trial and error. Yes, you’ll fail a lot at what you’re trying to accomplish, but each of those fails is one step closer to a success and understanding.

A shame, may I instead suggest a game more suited to your skill level.

Dark Souls.

Enjoy.

Except you are wrong here alice, she actually did play the game and experiment. And came back with real data, while you missed the point.

before she was level 51 with 41 trait points, and access to 40 minor and major traits and 10 adept and master traits

now she is 51 with the equivalent of 20 trait points and access to only 30 minor traits and 5 adept traits.

She will not have the same amount of trait options she once had till about level 70.

She did not misunderstand the number conversion, they dont start giving you trait points until 30, and then they give you 1 every 5 levels, effectively you are 20 levels behind what you used to have access to in traits.

You being level 80, just saw then end result, and not the change to the path. People are complaining about the path, that they have to actually play, when trying it out themselves. A lot of people who have not played, and did not realize what was done, just assume, lol they divided it by 5 stupid.

Yes they divided it by 5 AND they pushed back the implementation by 20 levels. most people are complaining about the push back to level 30, not the fact that they divided it by 5

Posted by: Treebeard The Swift.9620

Treebeard The Swift.9620

I have a pile of new alts all at 35 min, 61 max. Yes, yes its feels harder. traits enabled you to do things such as 25% faster move as a warr. Lightning hammer ele to blast your way through lower levels when you’re squishy.
When you login and suddenly you can’t move fast, can’t stay alive vs pve mobs (maybe you’re in nz like me and dodging is dependant on lag) and your chars can’t do the cool things you’d just unlocked for them after hours of play.
Why bother playing if its no fun?
gl op, hope you find a great game with a future to it.

Kalavier.1097

I’ll check, but I read distinctly some things were being downscaled to make up for the lesser traits.

Posted by: Weylin.6478

Weylin.6478

Mobs were being downscaled, but the issue is more that you’re much more disadvantaged in WvW

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

If you define people coming back and being interested again (in game, not on the forums) then I guess you can keep calling it a flop.

However, I’m pretty sure most people like the changes. Not all the changes universally.

And of course, no one can say if they like the megaserver or not, since it’s only in the heart of the mists right now.

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

If you define people coming back and being interested again (in game, not on the forums) then I guess you can keep calling it a flop.

However, I’m pretty sure most people like the changes. Not all the changes universally.

And of course, no one can say if they like the megaserver or not, since it’s only in the heart of the mists right now.

They have been rolling out the mega server all day so far as of right now these maps are on a mega server.
•The Grove
•Heart of the Mist
•Black Citadel
•Timberline Falls
•Southsun Cove
•Rata Sum
•Straits of Devastation
•Fields of Ruin
•Brisban Wildlands
•Hoelbrak
•Iron Marches
•Blazeridge Steppes
•Dredgehaunt Cliffs
•Lion’s Arch
•Lornar’s Pass
•Kessex Hills
•Diessa Plateau
•Metrica Province

and so far from the people I have talked to “in game”, 98% of the people like it.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Game will keep loosing players till ANet respect more some kind of players, that are:
- PvE Farmers.

For the Anet Info:
- We are not hackers.
- We are not violating any TOS of the game.
- We are players as anybody else.

So please:
- Stop Nerfing the things we do more in the game, let the players play the way they want, not the way ArenaNet want us to play, if you keep forcing players you will keep loosing them.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Treebeard The Swift.9620

Treebeard The Swift.9620

Thats a bit like saying “the people i’ve talked to at the equestrian club are all keen on the return to horses and no more cars or trucks or buses, they see it as a great step forward and can’t understand why theres people out there against it” rather dependent on social circle that 98%.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

Nothing more I loved than planning and creating new characters, the new trait system was horror to me and I could not see leveling any characters anymore. I don’t like unlocking things at all. I’m not interested in forced exploring or grind+paying an obscene amount of gold.
They took my town clothes away from me, killing a portion of fluff which is most important. And even my world was gone.

Since this is not a sub game I can keep logging in and tinker with what is left but I don’t see a will or a way to chase new things anymore.

let the sky fall

Kalavier.1097

The most costly trait is the new ones at 3 gold. The lower ones are much cheaper.

Honestly, I bet half of them you’d get just by normally going out and exploring to LEVEL.

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Anet doesn’t want People like me playing their MMO. Anet must want the Players that can breeze through leveling content to 80, which I admit I have had a hard time doing. Without those traits, and the benefits I each of my characters got from them, the game is now beyond my abilities.

These changes were great for the gazillion lvl 80s, but not good for Players that have a hard time with this game. Anet decided whom their preferred customers are and I am not on the list.

I am not rage quitting, I just realize I don’t belong here and there is no sense in holding out hope I might play GW2 again.

People think this game is hard???

I mean, there are some optional things (like soloing champions) that are pretty challenging, but just getting to 80 is not difficult. Hell, you can get there just by farming the zerg train and crafting.

I only just hit 80 recently and the biggest obstacle to me was just that my characters looked like kitten so I kept getting bored with them. When I finally bit the bullet and just accepted my character wouldn’t look the way I wanted till 80, it took me under a month to do. Some people have done it significantly faster by choosing to do more streamlined routes to 80. Now that styles are available to all character levels, that one is gone and I expect I’ll be leveling alot more characters up.

Maybe you should play Vulgarr the Viking or Holy Diver or something to put things in perspective.

PVE wise there are only 3 things hard in this game. Teq, Wurm and solo Arah everything else is a joke.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Anet doesn’t want People like me playing their MMO. Anet must want the Players that can breeze through leveling content to 80, which I admit I have had a hard time doing. Without those traits, and the benefits I each of my characters got from them, the game is now beyond my abilities.

I mean, there are some optional things (like soloing champions) that are pretty challenging, but just getting to 80 is not difficult. Hell, you can get there just by farming the zerg train and crafting.

I only just hit 80 recently and the biggest obstacle to me was just that my characters looked like kitten so I kept getting bored with them. When I finally bit the bullet and just accepted my character wouldn’t look the way I wanted till 80, it took me under a month to do. Some people have done it significantly faster by choosing to do more streamlined routes to 80. Now that styles are available to all character levels, that one is gone and I expect I’ll be leveling alot more characters up.

Maybe you should play Vulgarr the Viking or Holy Diver or something to put things in perspective.

getting to 80 is hard because its boring.

this update made it even more boring to level up. lets not get things twisted…

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

PVE wise there are only 3 things hard in this game. Teq, Wurm and solo Arah everything else is a joke.

Leveling is also hard because its boring, and that makes it hard to focus on leveling.

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

The only change I don’t understand is making trait start at lvl 30 instead of 10, and ridiculously slowly acquired after that. It was already hard enough getting new players acclimated to gw2 coming from other games, & this is another setback to those of us trying to pull new friends into the game. It’s really rather upsetting that they went that route.

Everything else, I’m happy with… a little miffed about the awkward megaservers interfering with community but willing to see where it goes from here.

People were annoyed that once they got a character to 30 there was nothing to look forward to until maxing. Now they give us some progression after 30 people are complaining about that. The trait change is fine if you really think about it.

They didn’t give any progression after 30, they just pushed progression we already had back to 30.

On top of that, leveling characters have to repeat progress they’ve already made. Not as big an issue as making the start of the game’s progress slow to new players, but still tedious.

(edited by Oniyui.8279)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You know they said ascended was the final tier of gear. The argument for legendary stats always being BiS is terrible.

No. They said they do not plan at the moment to inroduce new tier. They also said that they will continue item progression, and that when new tier after ascended will be introduced (“when”, not “if”), legendaries will be autoupgraded to that new tier.

It doesn’t mean there will be a new tier, but it does mean that we can’t trust them in this regard at all. Whatever you think they promised is just considered to be a PR statement to them.

and so far from the people I have talked to “in game”, 98% of the people like it.

Of the people I have talked to, only those from the low pop servers (and not even all of them) like this. And guess what? People from the low pop servers are a minority (because, you guessed it, those are low pop servers).

Also, most people that do like it do it because of the idea behind it (“there will be more people… maybe”), without realy seeing (yet) the faulty implementation that will kitten them over in the long run.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

How can I believe that they will fix all the fukkups, if they could not even test Fire Elemental for large amounts of people? The zerg kills the poor thing in 30-60 seconds. And there will ALWAYS be zerg there, so one of the few remaning fun world bosses just ceased to exist.

They did not care to test this at all. They won’t care to fix it. Maybe NC needs more people at Wildstar, dunno. GW2 is being slaughtered, that’s for sure.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Taldarg.6049

Taldarg.6049

So how much is ANet paying you?

The bottom line is that there’s no excuse for some of the nonsense they pulled. None. Other than sheer idiocy.

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

How can I believe that they will fix all the fukkups, if they could not even test Fire Elemental for large amounts of people? The zerg kills the poor thing in 30-60 seconds. And there will ALWAYS be zerg there, so one of the few remaning fun world bosses just ceased to exist.

They did not care to test this at all. They won’t care to fix it. Maybe NC needs more people at Wildstar, dunno. GW2 is being slaughtered, that’s for sure.

I wanted to try Wildstar but after seeing what happened with GW2, I hesitate to try any game that has an NCSoft label.

Posted by: Izdubar.9540

Izdubar.9540

I’m not ragequitting. My wallet is.

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

You are aware that you’re still getting the same amount of traits that you were able to get before? The only change they did was to make the tool simpler by making you spend the trait points only when you are able to unlock a minor/major trait, how different is it from spending a single trait point that nets you +10 to a stat?

Now that’s someone I surely won’t miss.

Are you aware of how the trait system was changed? We’re not talking about the “1 click every level being changed to 1 click every 5 levels” thing. That’s also annoying, but not game-breaking for leveling characters. What’s game-breaking is that you only start getting access to traits at level 30. At level 30, you used to be able to have, what, six different traits? I’m saying traits, as in “run faster with axes equipped” or “produce a clone on dodge”, not trait points.

This is comparable to them locking all weapon skins except auto-attack until level 50. It feels extremely boring, grindy, and unrewarding. I came to play a game that claimed in high tones to “remove the grind from MMO’s”. Leveling in GW2 now feels worse then grinding a Korean MMO, and lots worse than leveling in WoW. No thanks.

Of course it doesn’t matter to people who already have all the 80s they ever wanted and will never level again. Then you can’t comment on the issue, because it doesn’t affect you, but it affects the new players, and those who like to level alts (and thus pay for character slots … lol. Not happening again).

So yes, I ragequit, not just because of this, but also very importantly because of the town clothes change. If some of the terrible changes regarding traits or town clothes are reverted, I’m open to returning, but if they aren’t, hell no. I play games to have fun, not to feel miserable.

Awbee.8405

The game isn’t that hard. If you need help, ASK. if you are in a guild, ask for help. Instead of complaining about it being too hard, look at what you are fighting (Is it a champ? a group event?) and ask for help to take it out in guild or map chat.

If you are having a hard time but not asking for help or advice, you are ruining the game for yourself, it is an MMO, not a single player game.

You say you aren’t ragequitting, but you are quitting. You are giving up without a try. Instead of taking a breath, asking for help, you delete everything.

“calmquitting”? Maybe. But you are still letting a bit of trouble and adversity tear you apart. I hope you don’t treat real life issues the same way.

It’s not about hard or easy, it’s about a feeling of progression, of reward, and it’s about boredom. If you could auto-attack to max level with ease, without ever gaining any additional skill, weapon abilities or traits, would you enjoy that? Why not? It’s easy!

While leveling, we used to have access to a wide variety of playstyles, letting us get to know the profession and the ways it can be played, letting us try out different ways in how we can kill mobs, and how we can make the gameplay more interesting for us. Do I want to hit harder with my axe, or do I want to heal myself each time I hit with my sword? That’s interesting.

This has been taken away, or crassly postponed. Why? There is absolutely no remotely good explanation for this.

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I have 2 alts under level 30. With the new trait system I’ve nearly lost all motivation to even play them…
Makes me feel worse all those folks who bought the discounted character slots only to have their characters scaled back into nothingness.

I already had to scrap the gear of 6 of my 7 lv 80s because of the ferocity changes, so I only have my alts that are mediocrely gear with 2 being virtually unplayable…

I might just give up at this point….

The game isn’t that hard. If you need help, ASK. if you are in a guild, ask for help. Instead of complaining about it being too hard, look at what you are fighting (Is it a champ? a group event?) and ask for help to take it out in guild or map chat.

If you are having a hard time but not asking for help or advice, you are ruining the game for yourself, it is an MMO, not a single player game.

You say you aren’t ragequitting, but you are quitting. You are giving up without a try. Instead of taking a breath, asking for help, you delete everything.

“calmquitting”? Maybe. But you are still letting a bit of trouble and adversity tear you apart. I hope you don’t treat real life issues the same way.

It’s not about hard or easy, it’s about a feeling of progression, of reward, and it’s about boredom. If you could auto-attack to max level with ease, without ever gaining any additional skill, weapon abilities or traits, would you enjoy that? Why not? It’s easy!

While leveling, we used to have access to a wide variety of playstyles, letting us get to know the profession and the ways it can be played, letting us try out different ways in how we can kill mobs, and how we can make the gameplay more interesting for us. Do I want to hit harder with my axe, or do I want to heal myself each time I hit with my sword? That’s interesting.

This has been taken away, or crassly postponed. Why? There is absolutely no remotely good explanation for this.

That chinese release man…

Devona’s Rest

Awbee.8405

Are you trolling?

They removed interesting choices and mechanics from the leveling process, which traits most definitely provided. So leveling is extremely boring now. In order to make up for the lack of traits in terms of difficulty level, they nerfed all mobs across Tyria across the board. So leveling should have the same difficulty level now, only much more boring.

Oh, and for max level characters with complete traits, it will be even more face-roll than it already was.

Do you see why your rant about difficulty level is inane? We’re not complaining because the trait changes make leveling more difficult, we’re complaining because the trait changes make leveling absolutely boring, grindy, unrewarding. The opposite of enjoyable.

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

I’m waiting THOSE hotfixes since 18 months.
Luckly I didn’t waste so much time on it.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

I have hopes ANet will get there, at this point we already noticed we can’t expect much from them, and that our feedback is only heard if the community enters in rage-mode to a point it can become unstable and ANet must take action.

Things should not be that way, this updates should improve the gaming experience to everyone, not limit it, my style of gameplay was hugely limited by this feature patch and i’m being forced to play the way ANet want, not my way.

I hope they figure out they should stop taking actions against PvE / Farm, because we PvE/Farmers are not hackers or bots, we are players like everybody else.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: eGeeMaru.6091

eGeeMaru.6091

i like changes, keeps me interested. what i dont like is the constant connection loss especially right before a major boss dies like nightmare tree or tequatl the sunless making me completely miss the final chest. so yea i raged quit emailed them for compensation or lose another player.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

I spent a real-life equivalent of 500$ on something I no longer even want.

A second incinerator.

I could give two kittens about it’s amazing ability to swap stats on the go. I can change it’s stat combination by spending another 50g.

If anything, that’s why I want to quit.

Sorry but you spending cash to buy your precursor is why this game’s RNG sucks kitten for those of us who try to get one by playing. I’m glad you think spending cash for legendaries is a waste.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: hip.8435

hip.8435

Too late…already left my guilds.

I’ll be on the first train back when the reintegrate 8v8 sPvP hot join.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

I have hopes ANet will get there, at this point we already noticed we can’t expect much from them, and that our feedback is only heard if the community enters in rage-mode to a point it can become unstable and ANet must take action.

Things should not be that way, this updates should improve the gaming experience to everyone, not limit it, my style of gameplay was hugely limited by this feature patch and i’m being forced to play the way ANet want, not my way.

I hope they figure out they should stop taking actions against PvE / Farm, because we PvE/Farmers are not hackers or bots, we are players like everybody else.

You won’t find an update the improves everyone’e experience. There were even people complaining about the account wallet.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

You won’t find an update the improves everyone’e experience. There were even people complaining about the account wallet.

I’ll put my hand up for that. My notebook even still has how much gold each of my characters had before the wallet patch in case they changed it back or adjusted it to be optional.

I don’t even think about it now

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This patch only gave us QoL updates

Interesting. I always thought that QoL updates would be things that make life easier. Apparently i was mistaken. Again, I was taught that i have a lot to learn yet.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Recalibar.6482

Recalibar.6482

I spent a real-life equivalent of 500$ on something I no longer even want.

A second incinerator.

I could give two kittens about it’s amazing ability to swap stats on the go. I can change it’s stat combination by spending another 50g.

If anything, that’s why I want to quit.

Sorry but you spending cash to buy your precursor is why this game’s RNG sucks kitten for those of us who try to get one by playing. I’m glad you think spending cash for legendaries is a waste.

I didn’t spend cash. I rolled my spark with the last 4 exotics I had and forged both my legendary though thousands of hours of playing. 500$ is the exchange rate from USD to gold required to buy one off the TP, so I use it in order to emphasize the bullkitten that Anet shafted me out of. I feel ripped off and scammed.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I’m calmquitting until…

^
This is where I am.

There’s no rage involved but I think Anet are just saying to me, “we don’t want want you playing our game, you no longer fit the player demographic we Anet are aiming for, so stop taking up server space”. I say this because we are now a million miles away from how the game was at launch and in my eyes a lot of the changes are far the worse and seem to be getting increasingly bad, the more time that passes.

Until…I think GW2 is worth playing again…which could, kinda be never…don’t think even a new expansion could bring me back.

Btw…no you can’t have my equipment because that’s against Anets policy of making you grind your kitten off…

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

So you used to have 15 traits and now he has 20? no offense but your comment is there just to create drama and the people who upvoted you either don’t play the game are pure haters cause the post doesn’t even make sense.

Awbee.8405

So you used to have 15 traits and now he has 20? no offense but your comment is there just to create drama and the people who upvoted you either don’t play the game are pure haters cause the post doesn’t even make sense.

You are the one that doesn’t understand the new system. The traits are not just condensed from 5 points to 1 trait, they are delayed until level 30. At level 11, you started gaining traits, which means you got a trait at 16, 21, 26, 31, 36, 41, etc. So a level 41 player had access to 6 traits already. Actual traits, not just trait points. Traits that he could select based on his playstyle preferences, traits that made playing the game and leveling more interesting. (“Do I want to produce clones when I dodge? Do I want to get vigor when I use a shout?”)

Now, this same player on level 41 has access to 2 traits. Cause he got a trait at 30, and one at 36. TWO traits. He used to have many interesting gameplay choices by that point already, he had experienced compelling character and playstyle progression already. Now he has access to two godkitten traits, just like a 21 character previously did. You now feel as powerful as a level 20 character when you’re level 40, and your playstyle is as interesting and varied as back when you were level 20.

This is very clearly a push for the hardcore grindy oriented Asian market. I hope it’ll get them enough revenue to cancel out the mass exodus of Western players who came to this game under the promise that there won’t be boring grind.