Done, and Boycotting

Done, and Boycotting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

The April 30th update notes are the last straw for me. I’ve dumped hundreds of hours into my elementalist, equipped him with full exotics and ascended gear, and even after unlocking everything I have 300 skill points on him. With this patch his only value to me will be crafting.

In the last few months, I have seen elementalists nerfed into uselessness. First, blast finishers were severely nerfed. Second, AoE caps were implemented. Third, the last remaining skills and traits that lent sustainability to the class (mist form, ride the lightning, signet of restoration, and cleansing water) have been rendered inferior or outright ineffectual.

In every preceding case of severe nerfing, even going back to when this was happening to mesmers, there has been significant community outcry. It’s falling on deaf ears.

ArenaNet has made a very severe mistake. Rather than be attentive to the needs and preferences of the players, they instead wrench open your mouth and force down your throat their idea of what the game should be. I refuse to be relegated to swirling winds duty, or “get cut to pieces by a windborne blade of grass” duty. And I am not alone.

ArenaNet quite plainly has no respect for the people who have spent money on their product and invested time in it. Fine, I don’t have any respect for anyone who doesn’t have respect for me.

As a player, I am calling it quits. I have a character of every single profession, and not one of them I like more than my elementalist. I did fractals with him, I did WvW with him, I did guild missions with him, and I did the Living Story with him. He is Guild Wars 2, to me.

Unless this patch is severely reconsidered (read: unless you start listening to your players rather than treating them like kitten), I don’t foresee myself ever logging in again. This is my line in the sand. Others have said the same, and they have left, and I feel the same way.

I encourage everybody with similar sentiments to speak up. You’ve said it before in other threads, and for all the guardians, warriors, and necros who will say you are “QQing” it doesn’t make your concerns any less valid. Those who insult and dismiss us now will only come to realize exactly how we feel when their classes come under the chopping block. Unless, that is, ArenaNet is forced to take notice of their customer’s desires. I don’t expect you to quit like I have said I will, but maybe — maybe — if enough people stop playing it will finally register for them.

Provost

(edited by Provost.6210)

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: God of Gods.7235

God of Gods.7235

Nope, Seems fine to me

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Done(Quit threads against forum rules)
Boycotting(Petition threads against rules)
You managed to hit 2 in the thread title alone, I applaud ^^

As for the thread itself, I feel people use the term “nerf” far too much without considering the game as a whole. But since this will be locked.. my opinion doesn’t matter much here…

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Izzy Katsu.6024

Izzy Katsu.6024

What patch notes are you referring to? Please link.

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

" I refuse to be relegated to swirling winds duty,"

Hmm, you’re happy with the swirling winds nerf, then, and how it is now mostly useless in WvW?

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

The thing to me is this:

Yes, the cantrips ele build was a little OP and deserves a nerf.

But why Ride the Lightning? Sure, it gives mobility, but now you’re having them in near-melee combat with d/d, with a now easily interrupted heal because of the mist form nerf as well, and less condition removal because of the cantrips nerf? Hmm, doesn’t make much sense to me. If they’re getting nerfed this hard, I don’t see why they shouldn’t be able to have an ability to get out of near melee-ranged combat, especially without the ability to weapon-swap to a longer-ranged option.

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Kript.3291

Kript.3291

so elementalists quitting a game because now they have to work as hard as other class in pvp?

go ahead and quit, i think the game will be better without these people.

i am frudoo,a forum warrior, an expert wvw analyst, and a closet fanboy of Jade Quarry server.

Done, and Boycotting

Provost.6210

Done(Quit threads against forum rules)
Boycotting(Petition threads against rules)
You managed to hit 2 in the thread title alone, I applaud ^^

I don’t think I much care about posting on a forum for a game that I’ve stopped playing. And if this thread contributes to a decision to stop these changes, then it’s a sacrifice I’m prepared to make.

What patch notes are you referring to? Please link.

Patch notes are not officially out yet. However, the developers have provided clear indications of what changes are in store via their communications with the public, such as in the State of the Game with Gw2Guru.

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

Nope, seems fine with me.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: tolkien.6317

tolkien.6317

What notes! Where? Wha..?

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Tengu.4209

Tengu.4209

Whats sad, is that the patch notes for the 30th update isn’t even out yet, you don’t even know what is ACTUALLY happening to the Ele, and yet you are saying you are gonna quit? Please, leave the game then.

Devona’s Rest – [Tsuk]
Ajini – Thief – Commander

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Nerfs usually seems worse than it is on paper. Why not actually test it out first.

Done, and Boycotting

Provost.6210

Whats sad, is that the patch notes for the 30th update isn’t even out yet, you don’t even know what is ACTUALLY happening to the Ele, and yet you are saying you are gonna quit? Please, leave the game then.

Somebody skimmed.

Read it again. I said that if the changes go through, I’m quitting.

Nerfs usually seems worse than it is on paper. Why not actually test it out first.

Somebody missed the point. Read it again.

I’m more upset that the devs do not listen to their customers. The elementalist nerf is just the final straw to me, because it’s my favourite class and it makes it seem personal.

Done, and Boycotting

Atrophied.8725

Uhm, cantrips weren’t nerfed. The trait ‘cleanse a condition on applying regen’ was given an ICD. The fact that you now have no mass condition removal spike just puts Ele’s on par with all other classes.

RTL cooldown is going up 5s, yes. Not that big a deal. You’re still getting into and out-of combat at almost the same rate, it’s just your reset is gonna take longer if you can’t find an ambient/PvE mob to RTL into when you’re on your escape phase.

As a main ele I’m ok with the changes, and I hope this will balance the class a bit better. d/d and s/d bunker ele are a little OP as they currently stand, leaving no room to run other builds.

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

He likely watched the State of the Game video, which told everyone all of the big changes to each professions. If you didn’t read this, it’s kinda your fault for not knowing “ACTUALLY” what is happening to ele, or any other class for that matter.

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: RuneCrimson.7380

RuneCrimson.7380

Elementalists are a bit nerfed to be honest. Specially when you go into a lower level area and our levels are jacked down at least 5-10 levels making us way weaker then everyone else. But thats just My opinion. In a sense they are forcing us to have to work with groups and guilds doing away with the idea of a solo player. Its one of those hits and misses when you play a place that makes an Elementalist nothing more then a Stage magician. lol

{Knights of Revengence} [KoR-Lord]
“Nothing is true! Everything is Permitted!”

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: cocolu.7640

cocolu.7640

please give it a chance before you rage quit. It might not even be that bad. :/

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

Can someone please link the patch notes or tell me where to find them. Thank You.

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Honestly, if you really invested that much into ele and were one of the players using it long term ranger than jumping on the d/d, it’s not to bad if you stop and look at it. We’re still better off compared to the pre d/d boom time, aside from our shrinking offensive options.

As for the thread itself, I feel people use the term “nerf” far too much without considering the game as a whole. But since this will be locked.. my opinion doesn’t matter much here…

How do people use nerf too much? A nerf is a nerf, it’s a weakening of something. It may be good for the game as a whole, but that doesn’t make it any less of a nerf.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Izzy Katsu.6024

Izzy Katsu.6024

Patch notes are not officially out yet. However, the developers have provided clear indications of what changes are in store via their communications with the public, such as in the State of the Game with Gw2Guru.

Are you talking about this post then?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/30th-April-Patch-Update/first

I wouldn’t jump to conclusions until the official patch notes are out. Things change all the time.

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

THE nerf is for S pvp only stop crying GOD kitten /p>

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Good luck storming the castle!

Done, and Boycotting

Atrophied.8725

THE nerf is for S pvp only stop crying GOD kitten

Uhm, no. Some of the changes are sPvP splits, yes, but some of them are sPvP/WvW/PvE-wide (like RTL and mist form.)

Done, and Boycotting

Geotherma.2395

Honestly, if you really invested that much into ele and were one of the players using it long term ranger than jumping on the d/d, it’s not to bad if you stop and look at it. We’re still better off compared to the pre d/d boom time, aside from our shrinking offensive options.

How do people use nerf too much? A nerf is a nerf, it’s a awakening of something. It may be good for the game as a whole, but that doesn’t make it any less of a nerf.

Because they use the term nerf in such a negative way that everything else in the thread reads “they broke the game, it is going to die, everyone should leave”. We seriously need a more neutral word for balance changes..

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Done, and Boycotting

Tengu.4209

I mean…to me the Mist Form, not allowing healing makes sense…if you can’t attack and can’t be attacked, why should you be able to heal/use ultilities? Did that not make sense to others? Or are the eles just sad their free heal is getting removed?

Devona’s Rest – [Tsuk]

Done, and Boycotting

Tengu.4209

How do people use nerf too much? A nerf is a nerf, it’s a awakening of something. It may be good for the game as a whole, but that doesn’t make it any less of a nerf.

Because they use the term nerf in such a negative way that everything else in the thread reads “they broke the game, it is going to die, everyone should leave”. We seriously need a more neutral word for balance changes..

Rebalancing is the word that you are looking for, everyone takes any change to the game and applies the label nerf/buff when it should ALL be a “rebalancing” of skill _

Devona’s Rest – [Tsuk]

Done, and Boycotting

Provost.6210

And “balance change” doesn’t begin to cover the way they destroy classes that people enjoy for the sake of their contrived Utopian delusion of what the game should be. Unless people speak up about them blithely ruining hours and fortunes invested, the game will eventually become “every class has 1 hit point and 1 nuke button skill”. That’s the only way it can be balanced.

In the mean time, people will create builds based on what they feel are strengths they can use in the class, and how they enjoy playing — only to find themselves holding useless gear and the shattered memories of a character you used to enjoy.

Done, and Boycotting

Geotherma.2395

And “balance change” doesn’t begin to cover the way they destroy classes that people enjoy for the sake of their contrived Utopian delusion of what the game should be. Unless people speak up about them blithely ruining hours and fortunes invested, the game will eventually become “every class has 1 hit point and 1 nuke button skill”. That’s the only way it can be balanced.

In the mean time, people will create builds based on what they feel are strengths they can use in the class, and how they enjoy playing — only to find themselves holding useless gear and the shattered memories of a character you used to enjoy.

What about the fact that they are changing the skills between PVP and PVE?

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I mean…to me the Mist Form, not allowing healing makes sense…if you can’t attack and can’t be attacked, why should you be able to heal/use ultilities? Did that not make sense to others? Or are the eles just sad their free heal is getting removed?

They probably thought it made sense/was fair because it could only be used every 75 seconds. But the newer ether renewal made it too powerful of a combination because it became a strong heal and full condition cleanse.

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Sadder still is the number of people who think they understand the ins and outs of the game better than the people who built it from the ground up.

Done, and Boycotting

Provost.6210

I don’t see what bearing that has on anything. We’ve already established that they continue to make changes across the game without considering what it is their players want. Why is this such a hard concept for you to grasp?

Let me put this in the form of an analogy. I invite you to join me at a sea-side resort. The resort serves a variety of dishes, a number of which you really enjoy, a number of which you might sample, and some of which you don’t particularly like. You can also enjoy sunbathing on the private beach, or engaging in water-oriented activities such as water-skiing or water polo.

How long would you continue to stay if I decided to change the menu, drastically reducing the things you enjoy, increasing the things you didn’t like; or dumped manure all over the private beach; or introduced a shark population into the local waters?

Suppose that I were not open to your concerns for your safety and well-being. How long do you expect you would remain at my resort?

ArenaNet has continually told its player base that it doesn’t care what they think. Do you truly find that acceptable?

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Hay a quitting post.
Any way Ele kind of needed it most of the skills they are going after do not fit the game as is. Mist form mainly its was the only skill that transformed you into something else but let you keep your heal why would Ele the jack of all trades get something before any other class in the game? Why should RTL remove you from combat better then what a thf (“the master of lock picking” hehe i mean evasion and escape).
I run Ele all the time and i HATE that offhand dagger is the only thing that worth using. With just these 2 thing the focus has a great deal more use now.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Done, and Boycotting

Geotherma.2395

I don’t see what bearing that has on anything. We’ve already established that they continue to make changes across the game without considering what it is their players want. Why is this such a hard concept for you to grasp?

Let me put this in the form of an analogy. I invite you to join me at a sea-side resort. The resort serves a variety of dishes, a number of which you really enjoy, a number of which you might sample, and some of which you don’t particularly like. You can also enjoy sunbathing on the private beach, or engaging in water-oriented activities such as water-skiing or water polo.

How long would you continue to stay if I decided to change the menu, drastically reducing the things you enjoy, increasing the things you didn’t like; or dumped manure all over the private beach; or introduced a shark population into the local waters?

Suppose that I were not open to your concerns for your safety and well-being. How long do you expect you would remain at my resort?

ArenaNet has continually told its player base that it doesn’t care what they think. Do you truly find that acceptable?

I think you missed what I was saying, or maybe I wrote it wrong. they are changing the skills so that skills in PVE will no longer be blanket “nerfed” in PVP, and vice versa. So instead of just killing skills because it was OP for PVP, they will be able to address them in their corresponding manner. I don’t see how this new change is anything but exactly what people asked for. And by that I mean, for anet to listen and respond with balancing which makes sense. Which to me, this does. But alos I will add I never depend on one style of play, as I know the FOTM class/skills are always changing. So I’m not affected in such a way that i want to make a quit thread over a patch.

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

Aww he think’s he’s a little martyr, how cute. So the devs are trying to ‘force down your throat how they (the devs) think the game should be played’ eh? Let me just try to get this straight because it’s just too ludicrous to believe-you’re saying that you have an issue with the creators of the game (who had a particular vision of how the game was to be played in its inception) making changes to nullify obvious loopholes that players used/exploited that resulted in them playing the game in a way it was not intended? Wow…I do believe that the world’s population is getting dumber by the minute -__-

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Maldavos.4871

Maldavos.4871

I’m not sure how the rest of us will go on without you. You’ve caused a number of sleepless nights, my friend.

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Rafiee.2935

Rafiee.2935

He’s mad because he’s losing a little bit of his mobility advantage with rtl since there will be a longer cooldown if he doesn’t hit something? Give me a break.

http://feverclan.com/forums/forum.html
LvL 80 Ranger on Sea of Sorrow’s
Fever Clan[FC] Guild Leader

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Yramrag.3026

Yramrag.3026

I’m not sure how the rest of us will go on without you. You’ve caused a number of sleepless nights, my friend.

You said it, Maldavos. WvW will be so much different without OP’s elementalist. The server is about to lose massive points if he quits. Please don’t quit!! Pleeeeease!!!

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Probably a noob question but where can I find “The April 30th update notes”? Maybe I need to get my glasses checked. >.<

Done, and Boycotting

Tengu.4209

Ok, I read your first sentence and stopped. As a programmer/Game Dev, there are 2 things that you work on…what the players want…then what needs to happen in the sake of balance. Just because all the players want a single class to be OP, doesn’t mean the devs are gonna allow that. ANET has shown time and time again they are open to comments and suggestions, and with enough QQing that something changed will get fixed, but guess what, it needs to get changed in the first place, EVERYONE is freaking out about hear-say at this point and its just downright sad. This is why in my game I refuse to tell people of an update until its the day of, because hear-say and misunderstanding are high.

Devona’s Rest – [Tsuk]

Done, and Boycotting

Jski.6180

Probably a noob question but where can I find “The April 30th update notes”? Maybe I need to get my glasses checked. >.<

They are not out a lot of this is off 1/2 understand info. Non of this has been tried out by any players here yet non of this has been even read as a full patch update. Some ppl just want things to only be bad about something if they do not like small part of it.

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Trey Enma.7851

Trey Enma.7851

I don’t see the problem with altering what they’ve done. RtL’s range was too far due to bug and they intended it to be used to close in on target, not to be used as a “Get out of Battle” free card. This is apparent in their CD change on it, giving you the same CD when you hit a target whether it’s invulnerable or blocking or evading, and a higher CD when you’re just using it as an escape method. They still have incredibly mobility options, they just can’t get away free after this.

Mist Form healing is silly. It was a free invincible state that allowed you to heal, in a class full of healing options. They still will have the ability to stomp while in mist, escape into towers/keeps, and attunement swap while in mist. You’re already invincible during it, you don’t need to be able to heal actively too.

Perhaps this will allow other builds to gain some value and allow Ele to use a different build than what has become essentially cookie-cuttered. The class still has amazing potential in it’s versatility. If you really care about the class, just learn how to work around the changes. If they’re that polarizing, Anet will make more to try and fix what they break. Give it a chance before you jump to conclusions.

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Ah thanks Jski.

Done, and Boycotting

Tengu.4209

In regards to my above post, I have seen Elementalists out run Thieves using RTL and other things…while the Thief in question may have not been the best, and ignoring the Eles skill, RTL needed a SLIGHT rebalance in terms of distance traveled or cooldown. They know people use it in open world to increase run times, so why not start there?

Devona’s Rest – [Tsuk]

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: AinSoph.5063

AinSoph.5063

If ANet balanced based on what the masses wanted their skills to be like, I’m not sure I’d like this game anymore.

—Ain Soph— Warrior
—Fort Aspenwood—

Done, and Boycotting

Jski.6180

If ANet balanced based on what the masses wanted their skills to be like, I’m not sure I’d like this game anymore.

Ha if it was purely based off what ppl wanted we would all be flying on unicorns right now. Players only know what best for them at the moment and cant see the full complexity of what going on. Look at it this way when this game first came out Ele where UP well by the views of the masses as you put it so they some what buffed ele. A few months later when ppl started going heavy bunker with Ele ppl though it was OP now they are nerfing them. If any thing you have the “masses” to blame. The thing is Anet is not destroy the ability of say RTL they are just making it more of an aggressive tool and a bit harder to use of a “get out of jail free card.”

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

He likely watched the State of the Game video, which told everyone all of the big changes to each professions. If you di?dn’t read this, it’s kinda your fault for not knowing “ACTUALLY” what is happening to ele, or any other class for that matter.

that didnt tell us everything it was only a quick rum down and we dont know what other skils may be changing, for better or wores.

Done, and Boycotting

Provost.6210

In regards to my above post, I have seen Elementalists out run Thieves using RTL and other things…while the Thief in question may have not been the best, and ignoring the Eles skill, RTL needed a SLIGHT rebalance in terms of distance traveled or cooldown. They know people use it in open world to increase run times, so why not start there?

I have seen a necromancer kill a guardian by laying down all manner of conditions on him and kiting him to death… while the Guardian in question may not have been the best, and ignoring the necros skill, conditions need a SLIGHT rebalance in terms of their ability to do damage and stacking. They know people use it in open world to defeat bosses, so why not start there?

I have seen a mesmer kill a warrior by laying down all manner of clones and confusion… while the Warrior in question may not have been the best, and ignoring the mesmers skill, clones need a SLIGHT rebalance in terms of burst power and how many you can field at the same time. They know people use it in open world to confound enemy AI, so why not start there?

I have seen a warrior kill a thief by hitting him with his axe and other things… while the Thief in question may not have been the best, and ignoring the warriors skill, distance closing skills like bull’s charge need a SLIGHT rebalance in terms of maneuverability and reducing your opponent’s escape options. They know people use it in open world to stay mobile in combat, so why not start there?

I have seen a ranger kill a mesmer by using conditions and other things… while the Mesmer in question may not have been the best, and ignoring the rangers skill, the shortbow needs a SLIGHT rebalance in terms of speed of fire and conditions it can apply. They know people use it in open world to take out enemies from a distance, so why not start there?

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

This thread remind me of all the QQ that happened during the great Elementalist Holocaust of November 11th 2005 , when the mobs started running out of aoe nukes.

Done, and Boycotting

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

So, um, can I has your things?

Done, and Boycotting

Provost.6210

This thread remind me of all the QQ that happened during the great Elementalist Holocaust of November 11th 2005 , when the mobs started running out of aoe nukes.

I was still playing Guild Wars 1 at that time. I thought that was an excellent change to the game because followed the golden rule: don’t nerf what you can counter.

Elementalists are already one of the weakest classes. This is why people run bunker builds in the first place… they can’t survive any other way. The class needs to be strengthened, and bunker play needs to be discouraged by counters like boon hate.

Instead, ArenaNet has decided to just destroy every ability the elementalists have to sustain themselves.