Drop rate of.. just about everything

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

first off I never ‘tried to hide’ anything. read my post word for word.

secondly, I don’t care if you guys believe me or not. I’m posting my experience to contribute to this thread. I’ll keep making my gold flow at 4 hours played per day doing exactly what the devs wanted us to do: exploring different zones, doing de’s and completing dungeons.

and yes, I do experience DR when I’ve been in any given zone for an hour

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

that patch that made veterans and champions drop something 100% of the times

Hahahahahaha… Wait, they can drop stuff now??? I did my daily last night which included kill 5 veterans, not a single drop. T.T

Guess that patch worked right?!

StormageddonBK.9842

Overall, the game is not rewarding, beyond the awesome gameplay of course, in my experience.

This has been my experience as well. I’ve run for ~300 hours on just my warrior and have farmed Lvl 80 dungeons in EXP mode and FOTM all the time and I’ve never once found an item worth more than 50 silver. I get that it’s random and that it’s all about farming and patience and I don’t expect an exotic or even rare every run, but quite frankly the absence of finding a single item worth even 1 gold ever in 300 hours is pretty mind boggling and very frustrating.

I’ve played 600+ hours and my highest priced item sold was 35 silver… O_O

I get all my gold (just 50 in total) from selling low level mats, not the worthless drops. But I don’t do FOTM so I guess it’s my fault for not doing what Anet want’s me to do.

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

The only drops that are actually guaranteed anymore are heavy moldy bags….

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yes drop rates are very low in GW 2…

Drop rates are very low in ANY game released in 2012 that had some kind of CASH SHOP where you can buy gold with real money…

The lesson for the future 2013 onwards if a game has a cash shop in any form at all, drop rates are going to be abysmal…

Thats the way the games industry at the top end seems to be going…

Yes but arenanet were meant to be better than that, Instead they’re just turning out to be a typical ‘exploit the player’ developer/

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Yes drop rates are very low in GW 2…

Drop rates are very low in ANY game released in 2012 that had some kind of CASH SHOP where you can buy gold with real money…

The lesson for the future 2013 onwards if a game has a cash shop in any form at all, drop rates are going to be abysmal…

Thats the way the games industry at the top end seems to be going…

Yes but arenanet were meant to be better than that, Instead they’re just turning out to be a typical ‘exploit the player’ developer/

I’m not really sure why we would assume ArenaNet was going to be any different than any other MMO company out there. Because they sell their in-game gold for gems, they’re going to micromanage the game economy to ensure that things are not too easy to get. This shuttles people into the cash shop. They do it because it works. They know that if the pain of achieving something is just high enough to get most people to buy their way into it, they will.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

There sure are a lot of complaints about drop rates. I’ve seen a lot of nebulous requests for better drops, but other than “drop DR,” nothing specific. So, what exactly would people like to see from drops? How often “should” desirable drops drop? For that matter, what constitutes a desirable drop?

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

if you search my posting history, you’ll see that i made 100 charged lodestones in a very short amount of time….doing the same thing i’m doing now. i’ll never flip items on the tp either.

Ok, so I was genuinely interested in how you were making this kinda money without flipping and only playing DEs/Dungeons for a few hours a day so I decided to take you up on your suggestion and have a look in your post history.

Lets face it, you don’t make your kind of income doing DEs with MF do you now?
Some examples:

" i get my coin, the faster i can get it to make more money for me(niche crafting markets- i buy raw mats and craft for 100-200% roi while i dungeon)"

“here’s a hint to my roi…don’t make max lvl gear. people who are 80 are less likely to buy anything BUT rares/exotics. people who lvl(not yet hit the ‘dead zone’ where they want to craft to lvl to 80) in open world pve need blues/greens and don’t think twice about making 1-5s purchases every 10 levels. that’s all i’m gonna give you..hope it helps. also, a diversified portfolio is helpful as well as being patient with buy orders.”

" i bought the cores with buy orders and combined them myself into lodestones to save on gold. did this in 1 sitting while running dungeons."

“i learned how to make gold MUCH faster near the end of my journey. after spending months not knowing what i wanted to do” These were the months you were probably relying on this like MF and DEs to make money eh?

Fact of the matter is you have your own methods entirely outside of farming mobs for drops that gaurantee you a much steadier income. Hats off to you and all that, but this is a thread about droprate and of course people are going to be suprised when you claim you are making a decent income off something that’s clearly subpar in this game.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Celtic Lady.3729

Fact of the matter is you have your own methods entirely outside of farming mobs for drops that gaurantee you a much steadier income, but this is a thread about droprate.

More words.

kiba.2768

if you search my posting history, you’ll see that i made 100 charged lodestones in a very short amount of time….doing the same thing i’m doing now. i’ll never flip items on the tp either.

Ok, so I was genuinely interested in how you were making this kinda money without flipping and only playing DEs/Dungeons for a few hours a day so I decided to take you up on your suggestion and have a look in your post history.

Some examples:

" i get my coin, the faster i can get it to make more money for me(niche crafting markets- i buy raw mats and craft for 100-200% roi while i dungeon)"

“here’s a hint to my roi…don’t make max lvl gear. people who are 80 are less likely to buy anything BUT rares/exotics. people who lvl(not yet hit the ‘dead zone’ where they want to craft to lvl to 80) in open world pve need blues/greens and don’t think twice about making 1-5s purchases every 10 levels. that’s all i’m gonna give you..hope it helps. also, a diversified portfolio is helpful as well as being patient with buy orders.”

" i bought the cores with buy orders and combined them myself into lodestones to save on gold. did this in 1 sitting while running dungeons."

“i learned how to make gold MUCH faster near the end of my journey. after spending months not knowing what i wanted to do” These were the months you were probably relying on this like MF and DEs to make money eh?

Fact of the matter is you have your own methods entirely outside of farming mobs for drops that gaurantee you a much steadier income. Hats off to you and all that, but this is a thread about droprate and of course people are going to be suprised when you claim you are making a decent income off something that’s clearly subpar in this game.

i should clarify.

much of what you posted was pre first legendary. after i learned how to make money faster than using the tp/crafting, i abandoned it completely and now my income comes 100% from drops. that was my fault for not being concise in my suggestion.

admittedly, pre legendary crafting in the niche markets brought me somewhere around 1-2g for 5 minutes of work. it wasn’t as fun and it required me to wp to the nearest black lion rep as soon as i was done dungeon running to replenish my buy orders/sell new goods. in fact, it was breaking the immersion into tyria because i was constantly feeding buyers the goods they wanted.

now, i get to group 100% of the time i’m in game and i make more money from just drops. case in point- i just logged out after a 42 minute session and i have about 3.25g to list on the tp when i next log in, apart from the 3 unid dyes i sold instantly for 57s. 3.79g in 42 minutes. you can do the math with proportions to figure out how much i would have made in a full hour.

[edit]
let me also say one more thing. i am completely honest when i say i know anyone’s pain when it comes to making gold ‘slowly.’ slowly being a subjective term and by that, i mean slower than what i’m making now. in the first 2 months since launch, i scraped and pinched copper so hard it turned into silver…because i didn’t know what i was doing to earn money. in fact, gold at that time was not important to me because i didn’t care what i was wearing until i started running dungeons and my performance was sub par dressed in rares.

necessity propagated my introduction into gold making. i tried different methods, which you’ve aptly quoted. some were more fun than others. most of them didn’t rely on finding rares or drops as income. flipping in the early days was easier, but i don’t like taking advantage of other players(because i don’t like being taken for a ride either). crafting was lucrative, but like i said, i needed to babysit the tp. fractals(well over 500 under my belt), dungeons and de’s are the way to go for me now, as i get to group every time(fun) and the content is engaging and i am exploring tyria while making cheddar.

(edited by kiba.2768)

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

RMT and drop rates will be tied together in GW2, you can grind and pray or shortcut the situation by paying for the services you are using.

Grinders use more resources (more time on the servers) than a paying customer, DR encourages them to either engage more with the world (moving around) or to stop leeching resources.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

I wish I played whatever game Kiba is playing.

; ;

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’m not really sure why we would assume ArenaNet was going to be any different than any other MMO company out there. Because they sell their in-game gold for gems, they’re going to micromanage the game economy to ensure that things are not too easy to get. This shuttles people into the cash shop. They do it because it works. They know that if the pain of achieving something is just high enough to get most people to buy their way into it, they will.

Well I may be naive but I didn’t expect that they would compromise the game to the extent they have. There’s also the fact that the gem shop has few items really worth buying.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

thisolderhead.5127

I get all my gold (just 50 in total) from selling low level mats, not the worthless drops. But I don’t do FOTM so I guess it’s my fault for not doing what Anet want’s me to do.

600+ hours, and how much did you pay (excepting the original disc/box investment) in that time?

How many people out there have the 600, 700, 900+ hours of game time, cry about the game not being customised to their imagining, and have paid NOTHING for the experience?

Please try again.

Celtic Lady.3729

There’s also the fact that the gem shop has few items really worth buying.

You’re right. Gem Store funsies are limited. The real money doesn’t come from quaggan backpacks and broomsticks. It comes from buying gems and then converting gems to in-game gold to buy what you want from the TP.

Therefore, it stands to reason that, overall, in-game gold is going to be a certain amount of work to get so players will just rather buy their gold instead.

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Thanks for clarifying Kiba!

You do seem to be making slightly more than myself on the DEs at the moment, and I’m wondering if it has to do with you being in a group 100% of the time. I mean obviously you kill a lot faster but I wonder if droprate is improved by being in a group for DEs. Any thoughts?

Aye I can believe your income from runnning 20+ fractals/exp modes with a decent team, they almost always give a good return for time invested.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

this is basically the KEY reason why I don’t login anymore even to do dailies it’s pointless at this point. We don’t even have a carrot on a stick design anymore that’s how bad it is. And I think they’ll only tweak it slightly to make sure that chests actually appear for fractals because months and multiple threads (some reaching the 1500 post mark) reveals they sure don’t care about open world drops.

You’re right there’s two choices, deal with it or go play something else. I’m going to go play something else, maybe if they lose 60% of their players this way someone will take notice and do something constructive like removing DR from the game entirely or pressing the reset button on the changes they made to loot in November.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

kiba.2768

rhaps-

there’s a thread about solo vs grouped drop rate and the perceived mechanics behind it. my basic understanding is that there’s a certain threshold for when you get kill credit. kill credit = chance for loot.

now where I think a few people were misled is that they believe kill credit = guaranteed drop. that is clearly not the case; think of the inflation we would have if that were true.

so my theory is that kill credit = chance for loot. now, tagging mobs is an obvious part of getting drops, but hitting the threshold for credit is key. where the party helps is another theory that the entire party damage to a particular mob helps to reach an individual’s kill credit threshold.

I don’t group for the credit boosting, but to have fun chatting while doing de’s or having people in different areas of a zone shouting for a particular event. it helps to have de watchdogs who can report the status of an event and the time remaining, etc.

[edit]
here’s a hint for you guys doing de’s. if a champ or vet spawns, don’t finish it if another group of regular monsters spawns. you can come back to it after you take the 7 seconds to clear the group

(edited by kiba.2768)

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

this is basically the KEY reason why I don’t login anymore even to do dailies it’s pointless at this point. We don’t even have a carrot on a stick design anymore that’s how bad it is. And I think they’ll only tweak it slightly to make sure that chests actually appear for fractals because months and multiple threads (some reaching the 1500 post mark) reveals they sure don’t care about open world drops.

You’re right there’s two choices, deal with it or go play something else. I’m going to go play something else, maybe if they lose 60% of their players this way someone will take notice and do something constructive like removing DR from the game entirely or pressing the reset button on the changes they made to loot in November.

This is actually a point I was going to make. Several of my guildies have now stopped playing as much as they used to and practically just log on to do their dailies to get that +1 laurel. There’s a lot of cases like this appearing now.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

600+ hours, and how much did you pay (excepting the original disc/box investment) in that time?

How many people out there have the 600, 700, 900+ hours of game time, cry about the game not being customised to their imagining, and have paid NOTHING for the experience?

yeah i got 600+ and I spent 12 months worth of subs ont the game… now I want my 12 months of proper loot, ty.

fact is your arguement becomes irrelevant, leech or not leech, you still get punched in the gut by Arena nets twisted loot math

kiba.2768

yeah i got 600+ and I spent 12 months worth of subs ont the game… now I want my 12 months of proper loot, ty.

fact is your arguement becomes irrelevant, leech or not leech, you still get punched in the gut by Arena nets twisted loot math

I never knew a time when buying gems was mandatory. the option(however tempting) is always there. by and large it’s to make up coin gaps for impatient players with more disposable incomes. there’s nothing wrong with buying gems IMO. excessive purchases could be problematic, but the occasional splurge helps both the player and anet.

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

some days are not as profitable as others, but i rarely(ha!) walk away from a playing session with less than 5g/hour.

Must be nice. With the exception of today when I found 1 exotic and 1 rare and some greens, every morning I play for several hours and walk away with about 10-30s after repairs.

I keep getting killed trying to find WP’s and Vista’s in the Orr area. And yes I do the events, I just don’t get any loot.

Couple moldy bags with leather in them. Gems to coin are my only choice if I want to repair, use WP’s etc.

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

I never knew a time when buying gems was mandatory. the option(however tempting) is always there. by and large it’s to make up coin gaps for impatient players with more disposable incomes. there’s nothing wrong with buying gems IMO. excessive purchases could be problematic, but the occasional splurge helps both the player and anet.

was being sarcastic.. clearly the guy thinks that drop rates should be gimped so people are “forced” to use gems, but reality is leecher or not, bad loot effects everyone.

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

yeah, the drop rate of everything is very random/low and dont follow a patron so you cant really ‘’farm mobs’’ ‘’farm a location’’ ‘’do a whatever you want to get x stuff’’ for x stuff, especially when in the past so many farming spots were modified/removed plus actions ‘’anti farm’’ were implemented.

somehow the requirements in mats are high that you practically are force or require to use the TP, or simple mindless grind of gold.

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

The trick is to fill a bowl with m&ms and every time you kill a mob you eat one. Or put a bunch of different treats in little bags and grab a bag when you kill something, Ooo I got a good treat that time. Anet isn’t going to reward you, you have to do it yourself.

take that one step further:

take lots of M&M’s, separate colors to represent drop rates for items (blue, green, yellow, red, etc). when you get say, 4 blue drops, eat 4 blue M&M’s from the pile. at the end of a gaming session, log how many of each were either eaten or left, and report drop rate data to appropriate thread.

you now have a constant snack flow of M&M’s, and you collect data for science!

At the grocery store as i read this. Will post a picture tonight. FOR SCIENCE!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

There sure are a lot of complaints about drop rates. I’ve seen a lot of nebulous requests for better drops, but other than “drop DR,” nothing specific. So, what exactly would people like to see from drops? How often “should” desirable drops drop? For that matter, what constitutes a desirable drop?

Rares, Exotics, Ascended, stacks of 5 Tier 6 and Lodestones for killing hard stuff like Champions and Vets, release the loot and bring the game back to how it should be..

Dungeons and Mini dungeons should have the same loot experience as Fotm

Chests world wide should drop, Rares, Exotics, Ascended, stacks of 5 Tier 6 and Lodestones, especially hard to find ones like Jump puzzles…

Posted by: Cazio.2137

Cazio.2137

I’d rather pay a monthly sub and be able to enjoy the game with normal drop rates than be forced to use the stupid gem shop.

StormageddonBK.9842

Was it something I said? o.O

I’ve read my post many times and I don’t see any crying about the ‘game not being customised to my imagining’. All I’ve said is I should have gone and played FOTM to get better drops which is exactly what it is for.

If you can’t get over someone not enjoying the game as much as yourself then perhaps you should keep away from the forums because this is the only avenue a person who isn’t 100% happy with the game can let Anet know this. So far this thread isn’t a kitten thread, it is just highlighting something that is less than ideal for a number of players. Of course we all have different opinions on what is a good/bad in anything, why can’t we voice it? Or do you think anyone who has anything negative to say about this game should go and kitten off and play another game? I’m sure Anet want this right?!

kiba.2768

was being sarcastic.. clearly the guy thinks that drop rates should be gimped so people are “forced” to use gems, but reality is leecher or not, bad loot effects everyone.

i like how people like to pull implications out of thin air with no reference point. clearly the guy doesn’t think before making assumptions about other people’s thinking. reality or not, good loot affects everyone as well.

i’m with wasabi. there’s no need to buy gems; i consider it a luxury if you can afford it. i still stand on my point that there’s nothing wrong with buying them either.

Celtic Lady.3729

I don’t see any crying about the ‘game not being customised to my imagining’.

Unfortunately, if you spend any amount of time on these forums and make suggestions for the game or simply express your feelings on a topic, you will be inundated with comments like, “Gameplay is optional” (No! Really?!) and “Don’t be a crybaby that wants everything handed to you.” (Well, there was that one time when A-Net reached through my screen and handed me a cookie…)

These comments are best interpreted as, “I have nothing intelligent to bring to this discussion. Mkay, thanks.”

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’ve noticed in the past month, it seems, that the loot I get has pretty much been junk, some blues, and the occasional green. The only yellows I’ve seen have been dubloons or similar, for the most part.

A-net can try and force the players to cough up cash for gems all they want, but in the long run it’s going to backfire on them in the form of people leaving and/or greater use of bots. When people get forced to grind, they will get creative or leave.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

For starters, make the value proposition even across the board. For a time, I would run dungeons (primarily FoTM) nightly. It was great – I made enough money to feel satisfied that I could actually afford to save up and purchase things if I was patient and put the time in.

Fast forward to recent weeks, where I don’t get enough time to do much but the daily achievements. Game world drops are abysmal in comparison with dungeons. I can spend an hour or two online and make little more than the cost of repairs and waypointing, aside from the ori and ancient wood I gather, which still isn’t worth much.

Case in point: Southsun Cove
Occasionally, on a whim, I would take the time to hunt the veteran karka after hitting up the rich ori node. I would get nothing perhaps 2/3 of the time. When I would get drops, it would be grays with maybe 1 or 2 karka shells to show for a 30-45min hunt. I have tried it twice since the Jan patch and it’s no different, despite the promise that vets should always drop something.

With how disappointing world drops are, I don’t really have the motivation to play anymore.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

ok, im submitting my data i received on a brief farming session. Note, I only did 4 events, not killing any mobs in between. Magic find was at 161% (MF banner and guild buff)

Attachments:

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

The drop rates are fine, it’s pretty easy to get the gold you need. I seriously don’t understand how anyone can have an issue with not having enough gold unless they quite simply don’t play the game.

If you seriously think you need to use the cash shop, you’re doing something horribly wrong.

How about you all stop crying every time you go more than 5 minutes without an exotic drop, and learn to play the kitten game. Because there’s no reason to complain about drop rates.

Never played the trading post, never used the gem store:

I don’t understand all these screenshots with highish gold Amounts, you could have easily purchased gems to get that, i don’t see how a screenshot of your bank backs this up…

Far more seem to have issues with Loot drops from what i see, than a few random screenshots can verify..

In 1600+ hours ive had 1 exotic drop in open world ever… a Gungir spear, the loot system is broken or terribly lowered..in open world..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

I can play WvW, the only part of the game I still get some joy from, for a good 2 hours and it’ll be an extremely lucky day if I find a rare in my inventory at the end of it all. Is this intended ANet?

The funny part is when i go to salvage that rare and get 1 mithril ore. The jokes on me though unfortunately.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

So, my next question to those who want drop rates increased, are you using MF? MF is essentially a tax on farming, and not using it puts you at the lower end of the distribution.

The people making bank on drops in GW2 are stacking MF as high as they can and must know where to farm, and how to farm. Making money in GW2 is not just a matter of quality of drops, it’s a matter of volume. The drops that are really worth something are Rares/Exotics and T6 Mats, hence the stacking of MF to increase the likelihood of getting one, but all the other crap adds up over time.

This is not to say that chest loot is not pretty underwhelming, or that some people seem to still be experiencing lack of drops from vets and champs (though I am not in that group), or that the drop tables don’t need some work, if only to increase the variety of prefixes and sigils/runes on rare drops.

On the other hand, my bank account is only 12G below W. Kitty’s. I have done exactly 3 dungeon runs since mid-October (no FotM). I have only one character with MF gear (which I almost never use). I have 4 80’s in exotics (absent 1 earring). Oh, and I have not used gems to get gold, nor do I care if anyone believes me.

thisolderhead.5127

You spend around $300-400 USD in the store and DON’T have the equiv. of 12 months of loot value? So which is it – loot is worth more than people are attempting to imply or you just have no idea how to turn a profit from RMT/TP interaction?

All I see is a whole pile of anecdotes presented as evidence, misaligned expectations and the woes that brings, a bit of bad-luck disappointment, a few shill/trolls (nice try), and a whole bunch “give me things now kthanks” presented in a variety of ways.

Please try again.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

So, my next question to those who want drop rates increased, are you using MF? MF is essentially a tax on farming, and not using it puts you at the lower end of the distribution.

The people making bank on drops in GW2 are stacking MF as high as they can and must know where to farm, and how to farm. Making money in GW2 is not just a matter of quality of drops, it’s a matter of volume. The drops that are really worth something are Rares/Exotics and T6 Mats, hence the stacking of MF to increase the likelihood of getting one, but all the other crap adds up over time.

This is not to say that chest loot is not pretty underwhelming, or that some people seem to still be experiencing lack of drops from vets and champs (though I am not in that group), or that the drop tables don’t need some work, if only to increase the variety of prefixes and sigils/runes on rare drops.

On the other hand, my bank account is only 12G below W. Kitty’s. I have done exactly 3 dungeon runs since mid-October (no FotM). I have only one character with MF gear (which I almost never use). I have 4 80’s in exotics (absent 1 earring). Oh, and I have not used gems to get gold, nor do I care if anyone believes me.

I salvaged my entire MF set and sold all the runes I got back.

I stopped using MF a long time ago, I still get great drops.

MF is only worth it if you do a lot of open world stuff (mostly in cursed shore)

Anet make Rev great again.

kiba.2768

for those naysayers: here is a sample chat log i took earlier tonight with a regular party member of mine.

i didn’t take any more screens after because it was really ridiculous about her drop rate. 2-3 rares per de.

i counted 22 rares before i stopped bothering to keep track. this is over a 2 hour period.

Attachments:

Celtic Lady.3729

While the cache is great for your friend, one player getting 22 rares doesn’t mean anything to a player that isn’t getting any rares. Someone could link evidence of 1,000 rares in a single afternoon, but it wouldn’t mean anything to players not getting the same. Personal experience is going to trump online pictures any day.

kiba.2768

While the cache is great for your friend, one player getting 22 rares doesn’t mean anything to a player that isn’t getting any rares. Someone could link evidence of 1,000 rares in a single afternoon, but it wouldn’t mean anything to players not getting the same. Personal experience is going to trump online pictures any day.

consider my responses not for your ears anymore then. you seem to disagree on every single point even though i bring evidence to the table on multiple occasions with screenshotted proof.

personal experience trumps an online picture(which is another player’s personal experience). i like how your argument makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. but you made me chuckle.

Posted by: BurnedToast.3781

BurnedToast.3781

For starters, make the value proposition even across the board. For a time, I would run dungeons (primarily FoTM) nightly. It was great – I made enough money to feel satisfied that I could actually afford to save up and purchase things if I was patient and put the time in.

Fast forward to recent weeks, where I don’t get enough time to do much but the daily achievements. Game world drops are abysmal in comparison with dungeons. I can spend an hour or two online and make little more than the cost of repairs and waypointing, aside from the ori and ancient wood I gather, which still isn’t worth much.

This is the real problem.

For time invested, dungeons and fractals are fine – you get a bunch of vendor trash from all the chests, plus tokens to save up and buy whatever you want and even the occasional nice exotic.

Open world, on the other hand, is worthless. The “big” events like the dragons are OK (assuming you don’t have the perma-DR bug if that’s real) considering how easy they are and how quick they die to the zerg, but everything else? It’s trash, the reward is basically nothing.

The gap between the two is just massive. The only explanation I have is they made open world purposely unrewarding to help stop gold farmers, since gold farmers can’t really bot dungeons (yet?), but it’s still just really kind of sad to see such a huge and well-crafted world full of (mostly) interesting events go to waste.

Posted by: matemaster.2168

matemaster.2168

@OP
Forget about crafting leveling its just a gold sink. At the end you will be able to craft the gear fo yourself
But if you just sell all mats ot TP, at the end you will easily buy all gear you need from TP and you will have much more money saved.
Crafting is absolutely not viable
If you count how much gold it costed you to lvl up and how much you can make with selling crafted items = not viable

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Leveling crafting isn’t that expensive actually, even if you buy all the mats and don’t do any farming at all you’ll need a total of about ~73g at current TP prices to bring all eight diciplines to 400. Most professions are at ~12g total, jewelcrafting, artificing and cooking being significantly cheaper. So if you only do two professions, you’ll be done with 6g to 24g, depending on which ones you choose. Again, without any farming involved, so you can sell or save your T6 mats.
But making money from crafting absolutely doesn’t work out, that’s right. Maybe from things like 20 slot bags, didn’t check that.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

tigirius.9014

Well I knew a time, it’s called post November. New players left and right have to now in order to get geared so they can actually NOT get grief for not having full exotics on before they do WvW or dungeons, it’s happening all over the place and does in no way enhance the experience of the game for anyone. Have you checked the prices for the runes lately? seriously? or the exotic armor pieces like Berzerker gear? You’re going to seriously tell us all that you somehow magically made 50 gold from the serious lack of drops in the 2 weeks it took you to reach level 80 from level 2? This is the problem folks.

tigirius.9014

for those naysayers: here is a sample chat log i took earlier tonight with a regular party member of mine.

i didn’t take any more screens after because it was really ridiculous about her drop rate. 2-3 rares per de.

i counted 22 rares before i stopped bothering to keep track. this is over a 2 hour period.

So basically you’re illustrating to us exactly what we’ve discovered for ourselves already, that there’s something seriously wrong with their loot system when one person can get constant drops and another can get nothing all in the same run. That’s what I’m seeing every time I login, unless you win the in game Arenanet Lottery there won’t be anything for you (much less the precursor, yeah I noticed that one too).

tigirius.9014

ok, im submitting my data i received on a brief farming session. Note, I only did 4 events, not killing any mobs in between. Magic find was at 161% (MF banner and guild buff)

Great picture, remove the yellows and you’ll see my loot for months now group or no group.

Seriously when is someone going to fix this problem? We keep getting the run around and now it’s gotten so bad that whole chests are disappearing.

Also, we’ve submitted enough data and what do we get for it? Accused of being too imaginative to tell the difference between before this change and after, or we’re told it’s an Xfiles conspiracy theory. Yeah Thanks for the support.

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

The OP’s experience has not been mine, stuff drops on a regular basis, and if it has no use for my characters, it provides salvage materials.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Same here. I guess ANet has enough data to make sure there’s nothing wrong, and if there’s something wrong they’ll fix it. They’ll probably look into the dragon chest (didn’t encounter that so far, but it obviously exists) and veteran/champion drop problems, apart from that, the drops are fine to me. I’m not really worried they’ll implement dramatic changes, they usually don’t listen to a vocal minority and forget about the silent majority and they know how the economy works.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

only 5g as a level 80? That’s how much you get from a 10 minute CoF path 1 run.