Duel at PvE World

Duel at PvE World

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pollus Zhudarak.7038

Pollus Zhudarak.7038

How about a system of Dueling (1×1) at PvE World? Something like “/duel” and a target apears and someone answer yes/no…

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

Here’s the most recent thread about duels.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dueling-Option-Forgotten-1/page/4#post4313441

tl;dr – Not likely. And also a bunch of people are gunna come in this thread and be like “Oh gee! Another duel thread!” Dueling is not popular around here for some reason.

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Pollus Zhudarak.7038

Pollus Zhudarak.7038

Thank You Very Much!

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Khang.6743

Khang.6743

Oh gee! Another duel thread!

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Oh gee! Another duel thread!

=P

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Sirjbenson.7298

Sirjbenson.7298

Not this topic again.

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

Yeah.. two of my friends left the game and went back to WoW because of lack of duels. I asked them why they just didnt pvp? Apparantly they didnt enjoy the competitive aspects of WvW and sPvP.

“in duels you don’t die. its not serious. you are just having fun”.

I don’t know. I think duels would be cool but there should be an auto-ignore option!

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

This tread will persist until duels are in game.

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

We have duels, it’s called costume brawl :P

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

We have duels, it’s called costume brawl :P

Yeah, but some of the classes are mad OP, yo. XD

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

We also have belcher’s bluff.

Someone please play this.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Yeah.. two of my friends left the game and went back to WoW because of lack of duels. I asked them why they just didnt pvp? Apparantly they didnt enjoy the competitive aspects of WvW and sPvP.

I don’t know. I think duels would be cool but there should be an auto-ignore option!

There are a plethora of MMO’s that have the dueling feature, and afaik only one triple a rated game (this one) that doesn’t. I’m sure ANet doesn’t want to lose players like your friends there, but I’m positive they don’t want to lose the players that were drawn here for it’s more friendly co-operative atmosphere.

Also auto-ignore doesn’t work when you are being followed around by someone slandering your name in map screaming on about how you are a coward; has happened to me.

Duel at PvE World

Scrambles.2604

There are a plethora of MMO’s that have the dueling feature, and afaik only one triple a rated game (this one) that doesn’t. I’m sure ANet doesn’t want to lose players like your friends there, but I’m positive they don’t want to lose the players that were drawn here for it’s more friendly co-operative atmosphere.

Also auto-ignore doesn’t work when you are being followed around by someone slandering your name in map screaming on about how you are a coward; has happened to me.

The bolded part is making me lol.

As far as i know, ESO still doesn’t have duels either. They have the same threads on their subreddit and forums as well. Like literally, the same conversations about duels, except they say ESO instead of GW2.

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

As far as i know, ESO still doesn’t have duels either. They have the same threads on their subreddit and forums as well. Like literally, the same conversations about duels, except they say ESO instead of GW2.

I guess people won’t be happy until they can trash-talk and chest thump about how great they are/how terrible other people are in every single game out there and deride the ‘carebears’ who just don’t care for the hyper-competitive mental children that seems to be attracted to PvP.

Yeah, it’s definitely laughable…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Ettanin.8271

Ettanin.8271

15+ Charrs say it’s discussed too often already.

Attachments:

Duel at PvE World

Scrambles.2604

I guess people won’t be happy until they can trash-talk and chest thump about how great they are/how terrible other people are in every single game out there and deride the ‘carebears’ who just don’t care for the hyper-competitive mental children that seems to be attracted to PvP.

yeah i know right!

Or those people that make blanket statements about an entire group, based on their own personal experiences with a tiny percentage of people that may share one common factor with the entire group!

Laugh central right here!

Duel at PvE World

ShinjoNaomi.1896

yeah i know right!

Or those people that make blanket statements about an entire group, based on their own personal experiences with a tiny percentage of people that may share one common factor with the entire group!

I know!
Those people who keep making those ‘blanket statements’ about all those PvE-loving Carebares and how they are blocking their PvP fun are indeed, very laughable… Aren’t they.

I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

If you want duels so badly go back to WoW and stop complaining…. I’m not waiting for having to decline duel invites every minute or so. It’s basically why I stopped playing WoW after 10 minutes.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Just do not spike them when they are downed no one needs to die or full down.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

If you want duels so badly go back to WoW and stop complaining…. I’m not waiting for having to decline duel invites every minute or so. It’s basically why I stopped playing WoW after 10 minutes.

Actually there are many MMO’s on the market besides WoW and some that are going to be released soon that will appease these players.

If Archage takes off as much as I hope it does, maybe we can get a reduction in these threads to one a month. Seeing as it is usually the same 4 or so people that make these threads it shouldn’t take much for them to migrate to newer pastures.

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

We also have belcher’s bluff.

Someone please play this.

Give me 100 gold and i’ll play.

Duel at PvE World

Scrambles.2604

yeah i know right!

I know!
Those people who keep making those ‘blanket statements’ about all those PvE-loving Carebares and how they are blocking their PvP fun are indeed, very laughable… Aren’t they.

This is exactly what i was talking about. Since I am in favor of open world duels, i am automatically labeled as a troll, jerk, harasser, what have you. You automatically assume i want to duel and harass strangers to boost my ego or whatever the prevailing stereotype is now-a-days.

I have never once called anyone a carebear or complained about people who don’t like PvP.

Your irrational disdain for open world duels has turned you into the same type of troll that you fear open world dueling will propagate.

Duel at PvE World

Scrambles.2604

Actually there are many MMO’s on the market besides WoW and some that are going to be released soon that will appease these players.

If Archage takes off as much as I hope it does, maybe we can get a reduction in these threads to one a month. Seeing as it is usually the same 4 or so people that make these threads it shouldn’t take much for them to migrate to newer pastures.

I need to correct this. A lot of the same people post in these threads (i would know because i think i post in all of them), but every thread has been made by a unique individual.

Usually, it’s someone new to the game, wondering why there isn’t open world duels, totally unprepared for the crapstorm of a thread they just started, lol.

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If someone is following you, all it takes is a simple waypoint and they lost you forever.

Now, I want the removal of gold. Block doesn’t work when you are being followed around by someone slandering your name in map screaming on about how you are a selfish person; has happened to me.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Duel at PvE World

ShinjoNaomi.1896

yeah i know right!

I know!

This is exactly what i was talking about. Since I am in favor of open world duels, i am automatically labeled as a troll, jerk, harasser, what have you. You automatically assume i want to duel and harass strangers to boost my ego or whatever the prevailing stereotype is now-a-days.

I have never once called anyone a carebear or complained about people who don’t like PvP.

Your irrational disdain for open world duels has turned you into the same type of troll that you fear open world dueling will propagate.

Irrational disdain?
Tell me, if you have a group of people that, 9 times out of 10 ends up slapping you in the face, spits epithets at you and brings endless amounts of harassment when you run into them, is it ‘irrational’ to not want to have anything to do with them?

For lack of a better way of putting it… This line of logic makes as much sense as blaming a victim in a crime…

There is PvP in the Mists. There is WvW. Yet you want to interject PvP in the only place in the game where there is none and where it is not needed.
Sounds a lot more ’troll’y to me then anything…

You want to call me a jaded, angry gamer or a ‘troll’? Fine. But don’t pretend that this entire pile of crap that’s been slung around started from the oh-so-wonderful PvP community.

/No on Dueling in PvE

Duel at PvE World

Scrambles.2604

yeah i know right!

I know!

Irrational disdain?
Tell me, if you have a group of people that, 9 times out of 10 ends up slapping you in the face, spits epithets at you and brings endless amounts of harassment when you run into them, is it ‘irrational’ to not want to have anything to do with them?

For lack of a better way of putting it… This line of logic makes as much sense as blaming a victim in a crime…

There is PvP in the Mists. There is WvW. Yet you want to interject PvP in the only place in the game where there is none and where it is not needed.

You want to call me a jaded, angry gamer or a ‘troll’? Fine. But don’t pretend that this entire pile of crap that’s been slung around started from the oh-so-wonderful PvP community.

/No on Dueling in PvE

Yeah, it is definitely irrational to claim that 90% of the players that enjoy competitive PvP are bullies that want to harass you and spit in your face. Either irrational or your really bad with percentages.

Keep it up man, every time you post you continue to prove my points.

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

The pro-dueling side seems hell-bent on proving that all the concerns about them are true.

They say people won’t get spammed with duel requests, but we already have two active threads, by the same few people, on this topic. They will not let us have peace.

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

The pro-dueling side seems hell-bent on proving that all the concerns about them are true.

They say people won’t get spammed with duel requests, but we already have two active threads, by the same few people, on this topic. They will not let us have peace.

They say people won’t get spammed with Gold begging too.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Use Custom Arenas

Attachments:

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Game isn’t balanced for 1v1… but you can duel in specific pvp dueling servers. You can also duel in the OS (WvW) with PvE gear/stats/food, however, that’s even less balanced.

The only people this would cater to would be those that are too lazy to click a couple of buttons to get into PvP/WvW. Not worth whatever resources A-net would need to put into it.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Duel at PvE World

ShinjoNaomi.1896

yeah i know right!

I know!

Irrational disdain?

/No on Dueling in PvE

Yeah, it is definitely irrational to claim that 90% of the players that enjoy competitive PvP are bullies that want to harass you and spit in your face. Either irrational or your really bad with percentages.

Keep it up man, every time you post you continue to prove my points.

Far more irrational to claim there isn’t a problem and to just dismiss those who do not agree with your standpoint out of hand.
But I suppose that’s easier…

And what points? The only points I see proven are my own and others with similar concerns about the toxicity that comes with this sort of thing.

But no… Lets just keep bringing up threads like this until we are all ready to vomit because we are so sick of it.

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The only points I see proven are my own and others with similar concerns about the toxicity that comes with this sort of thing.

Is it really fair to say that dueling fosters toxicity if the toxicity being displayed is brought by an anti-duel poster ?

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

If you seriously want dueling, ask ANet to set up specific arenas either in the Mists or LA or something, but keep it out of PvE please. An auto-decline option is not enough to keep the harassment away from people who just want to play the game.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

First, I would not enjoy open world PvP in PvE. However to propose a constructive suggestion, how about having a single server where PvP in PvE was allowed. Then everyone who wanted to play in that environment could guest over and enjoy themselves without imposing on those of us who don’t care for duel requests. This server would not have a native population and would not participate in WvW.

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

If you seriously want dueling, ask ANet to set up specific arenas either in the Mists or LA or something, but keep it out of PvE please. An auto-decline option is not enough to keep the harassment away from people who just want to play the game.

Do people harass you with Belcher’s Bluff and Costume Brawl?

Duel at PvE World

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

We will now close this thread since we have an identical one here.

Thank you for your understanding.