Dueling?

Dueling?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I agree. There is no reason to not add dueling and mounts other than, “I don’t want it, so I absolutely don’t want others to have it ever.”

There are lots of reasons.

Dueling?

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

after reading some more on this topic. i got to say and will admit that if it is done and Anet brings Dueling it would be best if they put it in the guild halls or in pvp or wvw . as that would be the best way only to make it work to put it in the open pve world game will and would not be a good thing. and i think Anet gets it .

Dueling?

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

after reading some more on this topic. i got to say and will admit that if it is done and Anet brings Dueling it would be best if they put it in the guild halls or in pvp or wvw . as that would be the best way only to make it work to put it in the open pve world game will and would not be a good thing. and i think Anet gets it .

Arena net already say that duel can happen in guild hall. Guild hall player can duel 1v1 or PvP with different number of player. It seem arena net know that many people do not want duel in open world so they made a compromise. There will now be 3 places to PvP. WvW, regular PvP, and soon guild hall. Only one place that is only for PvE and it is fair for PvE to stay like that.

;)

Dueling?

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

Arena net already say that duel can happen in guild hall. Guild hall player can duel 1v1 or PvP with different number of player. It seem arena net know that many people do not want duel in open world so they made a compromise. There will now be 3 places to PvP. WvW, regular PvP, and soon guild hall. Only one place that is only for PvE and it is fair for PvE to stay like that.

sigh i just said that in my post if you read it. and far as it goes doing it that way iam fine with it . and think it will be a great add to thos who are in guilds and wish to do this. sigh

Dueling?

Qugi.2653

sigh i just said that in my post if you read it. and far as it goes doing it that way iam fine with it . and think it will be a great add to thos who are in guilds and wish to do this. sigh

You say it would be good if they have dueling in guild hall. Like a suggestion.

after reading some more on this topic. i got to say and will admit that if it is done and Anet brings Dueling it would be best if they put it in the guild halls or in pvp or wvw .

I tell you that arena net has already decided to do that. They announced some time ago can duel and other PvP in guild hall. No need for you to be rude about what I say.

You can see more about this at this link.

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/game/#guildhalls

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Dueling?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Would you be driven away when XX Roxxxor XX ask you to give him gold? Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

Dueling = Game feature
Begging for gold = Not a game feature

See the difference? If it an official feature, how could I justify to hang someone in for using it? Spamming probably if it happens too often from the same person, but with F2P accounts, who cares?

And even if that is not a concern for you, why should I have the unpleasantry to fend off unwanted duel people just so that you can have a game feature for something that you can do consensual in 3 places anyway?

Dueling a game feature.
Gold is a game feature.

Asking for duel is not a game feature.
Asking for gold is not a game feature.

You could say that inviting someone to duel is a game feature. Then whispering someone to beg for gold is a game feature too.

I do see a difference.

I’m not against dueling with limits, but you are not correct.

• If dueling, then there would need to be an “invite to duel” option. Most games put this on RClik on the character portrait. Spamming this would be spamming a feature that has no other purpose.
  • Chat has many purposes. It can be used to beg.

That’s the difference. Now, should someone have dueling not enabled, and should someone else spam insults about that in chat — that would be the same as beg spam.

Dueling?

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

Would be cool imo, I’d be down with dueling people in WvW PROPERLY so others can’t run in and ruin it.

people saying goto SPVP and find a server is kinda missing the point, I wanna duel someone with the stats I worked for and armor I earned in-game. Not some levelled out ones

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Dueling?

Qugi.2653

people saying goto SPVP and find a server is kinda missing the point, I wanna duel someone with the stats I worked for and armor I earned in-game. Not some levelled out ones

You will be able to in guild hall when HoT release. Problem solved.

;)

Dueling?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

As duelling is the little sister of open world PvP and open world PvP is the little brother of forced PvP everywhere I would rather not have Anet open that box.

Btw, why not use a PvP server for duells, or WvW? Just donĀ“t duell where zergs run, so you already can duell.

One of the few things that would really drive me away from GW2 would be a:
XX Roxxxor XX challenges you to a duel Accept/Decline
window.
Rinse, repeat, rinse repeat. Please no.

Would you be driven away when XX Roxxxor XX ask you to give him gold? Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

nope just one time block—> cant whisper anymore/dont see his text in map/say chat any longer

no Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat

sorry you fail

and 90% that people who wants dueling in open world is only to farm noooooooooooooobz. take this i owned you i am roxxxxxxor lel . l2p f…noob

others that love dueling cause of duel will go to guild arena in guild halls and dont cry for open world dueling

i still wait of a thread:

pls anet introduce a funtion to steel raw material collection so others cant lumber the same tree. and pls introduce loot traps to get other players stuff

would be so fun and other mmos also have this things!!!! i want it soooo hard!!

NO just NO

Then it you can simply just block them and they can’t invite you to duel.

same way it works perfect with guys on your block list that still can join your dungeon etc lfg

and i still dont see why you need open world pvp instead of use the guild hall!

It is standard feature that blocking doesn’t allow dueling invites.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Dueling?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Would be cool imo, I’d be down with dueling people in WvW PROPERLY so others can’t run in and ruin it.

Go duel in the guild hall arenas, its why they where added, can this thread be closed now? The OP had their question answered already.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Dueling?

runeblade.7514

I agree. There is no reason to not add dueling and mounts other than, “I don’t want it, so I absolutely don’t want others to have it ever.”

1 reason isn’t a lot.

Dueling?

runeblade.7514

I agree. There should be dueling.

There is no reason not to have dueling.

There is in guild hall. Your dream is true.

Doesn’t mean I can duel in the open world.

Who said dueling has to be limited only to Open world?People wanted dueling as an option and Anet gave it to them.Now you complain it is not the same as other MMOs?Gosh…….You must understand one thing.Open world must stay PvE oriented only.Everyone else who wants dueling could go to the specific lobbies Anet created for you.

I agree, Dueling doesn’t have to be limited to the open world. I still want to duel in the open world.

Dueling?

runeblade.7514

Dueling = Game feature
Begging for gold = Not a game feature

See the difference? If it an official feature, how could I justify to hang someone in for using it? Spamming probably if it happens too often from the same person, but with F2P accounts, who cares?

And even if that is not a concern for you, why should I have the unpleasantry to fend off unwanted duel people just so that you can have a game feature for something that you can do consensual in 3 places anyway?

Dueling a game feature.
Gold is a game feature.

Asking for duel is not a game feature.
Asking for gold is not a game feature.

You could say that inviting someone to duel is a game feature. Then whispering someone to beg for gold is a game feature too.

I do see a difference.

I’m not against dueling with limits, but you are not correct.

• If dueling, then there would need to be an “invite to duel” option. Most games put this on RClik on the character portrait. Spamming this would be spamming a feature that has no other purpose.
  • Chat has many purposes. It can be used to beg.

That’s the difference. Now, should someone have dueling not enabled, and should someone else spam insults about that in chat — that would be the same as beg spam.

In the end, you guys are worried about harassment enough to stop a great game feature. If you are equally afraid of that level of harassment, you would be pushing to remove gold.

Dueling?

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

Go duel in the guild hall arenas, its why they where added, can this thread be closed now? The OP had their question answered already.

God forbid people have a discussion on the “Discussion” section of the forum eh? kitten edest thing.

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Dueling?

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

This is pretty much the GW2 forum community in a nutshell. A bunch of old, selfish, 9-5 dads and soccer moms that want to keep the game as casual as possible.

Dueling?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

God forbid people have a discussion on the “Discussion” section of the forum eh? kitten edest thing.

If it was a discussion that was new i wouldnt be saying anything, but this thread is devolving into every duel thread ever. You have those who want it, you have those that dont, you have those that like me are willing compromise(see Guild hall arenas). There is no point in discussing something when you arent going to change the minds of anyone on either side of the rope. This discussion has been had almost once every week since the game came out.

This is pretty much the GW2 forum community in a nutshell. A bunch of old, selfish, 9-5 dads and soccer moms that want to keep the game as casual as possible.

That would be true, if i wasnt 21, and didnt want Open world Dueling, most of the guild im in agrees too and most of them are younger than i am. It has no place in this game in my opinion.Your opinion is, it does. The Devs from what i can see agree with those of us who could see that a compromise should be done and put dueling in, but not in the open world, again thankfully they listened.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Dueling?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I would pay for this to be enabled in the open world.

Dueling?

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

1 reason isn’t a lot.

Fine then I will post a few:

1) I don’t want to be followed around the map by 3 year olds constantly spamming to duel them.

2) I don’t want to have to change maps when said 3 year old pesters me forever and won’t take no for an answer.

3) I don’t want to hear in map chat how <insert slandered individual here> is a chicken for not dueling <insert said 3 year old here>.

4) They have PvP arenas, WvW, and soon guild halls to accommodate those that want that kind of thing.

5) I don’t want my exploration disrupted by players fighting in open world when I just want to explore an area (petty maybe, but I like serenity sometimes).

6) I feel the dev time could be better spent in other areas.

I could come up with more but these are the ones that bother me the most.

P.S. IMO We don’t need another topic on dueling, as the forum is littered with them on a constant basis by only a few very vocal supporters.

Dueling?

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

This is pretty much the pro-duelling crowd mentality in a nutshell. A bunch of whiny children kittenort to insults when they don’t get what they want.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Dueling?

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

1 reason isn’t a lot.

Fine then I will post a few:

1) I don’t want to be followed around the map by 3 year olds constantly spamming to duel them.

2) I don’t want to have to change maps when said 3 year old pesters me forever and won’t take no for an answer.

3) I don’t want to hear in map chat how <insert slandered individual here> is a chicken for not dueling <insert said 3 year old here>.

4) They have PvP arenas, WvW, and soon guild halls to accommodate those that want that kind of thing.

5) I don’t want my exploration disrupted by players fighting in open world when I just want to explore an area (petty maybe, but I like serenity sometimes).

6) I feel the dev time could be better spent in other areas.

I could come up with more but these are the ones that bother me the most.

P.S. IMO We don’t need another topic on dueling, as the forum is littered with them on a constant basis by only a few very vocal supporters.

its littered with them because a lot people want them.

1-3 dont apply, you wouldnt be able to duel people who have blocked you. 3 yr old not a problem as soon as you block him.
4, pvp arenas dont allow real gear.
4, wvw would be a great place for it, especially OS.
4, guild halls are a great place for it, but they limit your exposure to good players. usually i meet them in OS or WvW.
5, it is petty. i think wings look stupid and they disrupt my pve immersion a lot, but i dont ask to negatively affect other players just because i dont like them.
6, the devs spend their time working on tooltips corrections. this is something many of us really would like.

playing many other games with dueling, ive never had an issue with some terd following me around demanding a duel.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Dueling?

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I fully support controlled open world dueling. Those against it are just soar and conservative, and a hinderance to the games content growth.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Dueling?

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Those against it are just soar and conservative, and a hinderance to the games content growth.

This arguments convinced me.

Now i am also pro open world dueling

82478 DPS !… this will blow your mind

Dueling?

Posted by: Moderator.1056

Moderator.1056

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.