Dueling? Soon please!

Dueling? Soon please!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Let me clear one thing first: This game is awesome. It has just about everything anyone can ask for when playing an MMO, except one thing.

Dueling.

Most other MMOs have this, and it seems pretty surprising its not implemented seeing as how it was in GW1. Sometimes you dont want a big pvp, sometimes you just wanna compete with your friends without having to worry about someone jumping in on you.

The more people speak up, the quicker and more likely we are to receive it. So I’m posting to gauge interest. Even if it was just relegated to dueling in the mists so that people can contribute to events in PVE, it should be somewhere.

Dueling? Soon please!

Posted by: Game.3085

Game.3085

i also made a thread about this i hope more people well make the same thread so soon arena net add dueling to the game and have fun
but only make it Viable in The Heart Of The Mist because its 100% balanced there with no excuses.

Dueling? Soon please!

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Well that’s the thing. If you’re in the mists, then you’re not participating in PVE stuff anyway, so even out in the world it’d be the same as if you were travelling away.

But if an event pops up you can easily break off from the duel with no consequences and still participate. If its only in the mists, you’d have no way to affect the PVE world.

Dueling? Soon please!

Posted by: Art.7628

Art.7628

/signed

I would also like to see 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 arena. Also, maybe a season so we can build ranks.

Dueling? Soon please!

Posted by: SteamRanger.5167

SteamRanger.5167

No thank you. It would be different if people knew how to duel one another without being a complete nuisance to the majority of other people around them. Since people have no regard for others, it is much better for ArenaNet to give this “feature” a pass. There are plenty of other games where you can indulge yourselves. Pick one.

Dueling? Soon please!

Posted by: Bluebird.1890

Bluebird.1890

No thank you. It would be different if people knew how to duel one another without being a complete nuisance to the majority of other people around them. Since people have no regard for others, it is much better for ArenaNet to give this “feature” a pass. There are plenty of other games where you can indulge yourselves. Pick one.

Every game that features duel requests features an interface option to ignore duel requests automatically.

Your point is moot.

We will have dueling.

Dueling? Soon please!

Posted by: Hannson.7034

Hannson.7034

I don’t understand how dueling can be a nuisance to a majority of other players. Because skill effects? Well hate to break it to you people can still pop those off anywhere to annoy you, so that has nothing to do with dueling. Plus they could easily make any characters dueling not collide with other players … oh wait that doesn’t happen anyway.

/signed
+1
All that jazz.

Dueling? Soon please!

Posted by: Art.7628

Art.7628

Every game that features duel requests features an interface option to ignore duel requests automatically.

Your point is moot.

We will have dueling.

This.

Also, completely disregarding a feature because you simply don’t want it for whatever deep rooted over-emotional issue is extremely selfish.

Those games have options to turn off duel requests. I am sure you can do the same to not be bothered. This is one of those things that is not a discussion whether or not the game should have it as it can be easily avoided for those who do not want it. On the other hand can be available to those who do as opposed to completely omitting an extremely popular feature.

P.S. By the sound of your post, it sounds like you’re bad. People don’t know how to duel? How does that make you angry unless you were owned because of this “lack”.

Dueling? Soon please!

Posted by: Blackhalo.3952

Blackhalo.3952

wtb dueling – i want to be able to test and practise with my friends

Dueling? Soon please!

Posted by: Ezreal.5023

Ezreal.5023

I second the request for dueling

Dueling? Soon please!

Posted by: Antihoc.2503

Antihoc.2503

I am not bothered one way or another if duelling is introduced or not because it does not bother me.
What does bother me is the countless unsolicited duel requests that accompany such a feature (mainly because I forget to turn it off admittedly) therefore if it is introduced I would like to see the default setting for this to be off and you have to make the changes to switch deuelling on.

Dueling? Soon please!

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

If you do implement dueling, ArenaNet, please please please please give us a little check box in options to give us the right to “automatically reject all duel requests”.

Dueling? Soon please!

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

There have been many, many requests for this feature. The team is aware of it. No need to make another thread about it when so many already exist. Thank you.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra