Dungeons

Dungeons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Echo.7258

Echo.7258

I’m new to the game, and trying to get into dungeon gameplay, but this system seems….not so good. I mean in WoW I can just go into queue and away I go, but even with the LFG system in this I keep either seeing no groups for it, or all the groups even for this supposed first/entry level dungeon all just say (Level 80s only).

I"m new to the game, so apparently I am not allowed to play dungeons at all? It’s rather daunting.

I’ve had other issues as well, but it’s been one discouraging thing like this after another, and I am not sure if I want to continue playing or not.

Dungeons

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

You are allowed to play dungeons whenever you reach the level the dungeon story mode opens at (Level 30 for Ascalonian Catacombs for an example).

It is just that a lot of players prefer having level 80 players so they can complete the dungeon faster. By no means does it mean you have to be level 80 to experience it.

There are often LFG’s that say “Anyone welcome” or “First timers” etc, or you could even make your own LFG for whichever dungeon you wish to play through and write its description as “Story mode (or P1, P2, P3 if you are doing a path) First time, anyone welcome!”. That way you will find other players in your position to play with.

Edit: Terrible wording.

(edited by Zalladi.4652)

Dungeons

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

You are allowed to make your own group in the LFG tool area. Create one for the type you want to play and it will fill within 5 minutes. If it doesnt fill, then you are just on at a very bad time or something…

Dungeons

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Yes make your own LFG. You can say in it how you want to play dungeon. There is not a rule against making LFG for what you want. Say something like “Story all welcome”. It fills up fast. I never wait more than a few minutes.

;)

Dungeons

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I’m new to the game, and trying to get into dungeon gameplay, but this system seems….not so good. I mean in WoW I can just go into queue and away I go, but even with the LFG system in this I keep either seeing no groups for it, or all the groups even for this supposed first/entry level dungeon all just say (Level 80s only).

I"m new to the game, so apparently I am not allowed to play dungeons at all? It’s rather daunting.

I’ve had other issues as well, but it’s been one discouraging thing like this after another, and I am not sure if I want to continue playing or not.

As stated above, Ascalonian Catacombs opens at lvl 30 story mode and lvl 35 (if i remember correctly) for explorable mode.

I recommend you get to 35, make sure your gear and weapons are up to level and of at least “green” quality, make your own LFG in the appropriate dungeon category:

For example: “New player, LFG AC story”

As pointed out above, if you do it at a bad time, for example when everyone is on their mains, like during daily reset, or friday WvWvW reset, you will take a long time or not fill, but usually it will fill and you’ll be good to go.

Also, I highly recommend joining a guild, even veteran players have alts and like to unlock story modes here and there and you will get to meet them before you even start the LFG.

Last Tip:

Go unlock the dungeon entrance and a nearby waypoint, make sure that the waypoint you unlock does not fall contested due to events, do this prior to starting the LFG.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Dungeons

Posted by: BeckaPL.2670

BeckaPL.2670

If you have trouble pugging you could also try to find yourself an active, friendly guild that’s accepting new players. Gives you access to a group of people probably of varying degrees of experience who may be happy to help you out. Personally I never use LFG because my guild handles all of my dungeoning needs even if I’m taking a level 35 into AC