Dungeons don't give spirit shards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s not a bug. They changed it so we don’t get skill points (now called Spirit Shards) for “leveling” after hitting level 80. Level 80s get spirit shards from tomes of knowledge and random drops.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Nevermind…. After level 80 I thought you got Hero Points that would be used for the mastery system. However that looks like they may something different too. I will have to check if my Hero Points increase when I “Level Up” past level 80. If not I can’t remember what we get for “leveling up” anymore.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I thought everything that used to give skill points was supposed to now give spirit shards including leveling up after 80.

I’m hearing they no longer drop from numerous sources of skill points, which means either bugged drops or they were massively reduced.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Another account already posted the exact same thing in the dungeon forum .

Regardless, I’ll post what I said there:

As much as this sucks, I think it’s intentional.

The skill point came as result of “leveling” via experienced gained, as opposed to a separate reward, for completing the run.

Leveling from experience points, regardless of source (crafting, events, hearts, kills, etc.) no longer rewards skill points beyond 80, unfortunately, this includes experience gained from a dungeon run.

It’d be nice, but unlikely, to see them reward a Spirit Shard as part of the daily account bonus reward for completing a run – but definitely not for subsequent runs.

(edited by Mourningcry.9428)