No perks for duo guild?

No perks for duo guild?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

My girlfriend and I have been playing the game together for the last year and after joining a larger guild in the spring decided we have had a much more pleasant time on our own and have been playing in our own guild with just the two of us. We both have other friends in the game that we know, but we just like having our own thing to play together. In the past, we’ve been able to do just about all the normal guild things we need. Making banners for ourselves using influence etc. We were hoping to be able to get our own guild hall and she was excited to decorate it and all that, but from what i’m understanding this doesn’t seem to be possible with 2 people. I can’t even make a magic find banner now from what I’ve seen.

Are all guild missions going to require at least 3 people? Are guilds with just two people not going to be able to have any perks to playing together and be forced to join larger guilds?

I get the attraction and resources a large guild offers, but it’s really not what we’re looking for. Any help regarding this would be awesome. Thanks

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

What you’re describing is true and, currently, there’s no other information. However, if they do see this as being a major issue (which, personally, I think it IS a major issue to take something that was previously available and gate it behind a paywall), it’s possible that we’ll see changes to the way guilds are handled as they iterate the design.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Insiferi.4831

Insiferi.4831

Our guild is having a similar, if not identical issue. We can’t run any of the PvE missions for this week because our level is below 10, and we are locked out of the other types of missions as well. We can’t convert influence into Favor since we spent it all on upgrades before launch, so that’s not an option either.

Our guild is small, we banded together to help another small guild get their hall but are waiting to earn enough Favor to get ours. With any luck, the elite spec cost reduction will quiet things down a little so those of us with less pressing concerns can be seen as well.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

I fore saw this issue 2 weeks before launch when we had guild chat week and I got flamed big time in my two threads. More support we can get the sooner hopefully things will get changed.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: BitterClinger.8490

BitterClinger.8490

Well, let me throw my hat in the ring. My daughter and I formed a two-person guild shortly after getting the game in 2012.

We understood that we would probably never get to research some of the greatest stuff, but we were able to get a guild vault and some of the other lower hanging fruit in the research trees.

Now, it looks like we’re done. It seems there is no way to progress our guild, no matter how slowly.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Now, it looks like we’re done. It seems there is no way to progress our guild, no matter how slowly.

Make some friends? There are tens of thousands of other players out there willing to help you. The only reason why you don’t have a way to progress is because you don’t want to (invite other people, make friends, etcs). It’s called an MMO for a reason.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Make some friends? There are tens of thousands of other players out there willing to help you. The only reason why you don’t have a way to progress is because you don’t want to (invite other people, make friends, etcs). It’s called an MMO for a reason.

Maybe they want to avoid all the guild drama that larger guilds bring?

It’s called Massive Multiplayer Online because there are a lot of people playing online at the same time. Doesn’t mean you should be forced to interact with them all the time. It’s not a FMMCO, a Forced Massive Multiplayer Cooperation Online game.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

A guildie and I tried to duo the fights for the guild hall, but we couldn’t do it, so the guild hall is not meant to be obtainable by duo guilds, I guess…

Sad.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: BitterClinger.8490

BitterClinger.8490

Yes, and in some games, we join other guilds for that reason. However, we liked our little two-person guild, and while it wasn’t a huge part of the reason we loved the game; it feels like something has been “taken away”, so-to-speak, because we enjoyed earning our little influence points and unlocking the next research rank in something.

It was slow, and there were certainly some research we would never have, but it still added to the fun.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Faytar.4903

Faytar.4903

Yes, and in some games, we join other guilds for that reason. However, we liked our little two-person guild, and while it wasn’t a huge part of the reason we loved the game; it feels like something has been “taken away”, so-to-speak, because we enjoyed earning our little influence points and unlocking the next research rank in something.

It was slow, and there were certainly some research we would never have, but it still added to the fun.

agree with you there , also MMO applies to all the interaction in the game , just cause people want to be in a small guild or be very selective about people in their guild don’t mean they don’t have friends they play with or hang out with and talk to other people in the game , the its a MMO comment does not justify small guilds being boned

that being said there are ways to still progress somewhat , for some of the pve missions you can get help doing them from others not sure if they have to be on same mission or not but have seen it with bounties , and you can set the weekly to pve preference, till the devs decide to make a change ya gotta work with what ya got

edit: also get friends to temp join to help might be an option for the guild hall

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

Ah, I have a 1 man guild. I’m not expecting much. Kinda sorry tho that I bought so many points with gold at that influence npc thinking I was going to get all these upgrades. But I’m not mad. Just felt like putting in my 2cents.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

+1 here, 1-man guild, mostly used as a bank guild but I currently see no options whatsoever to progress.
Add to that the fact that I can’t contribute to my other, larger guilds’ progression as everything required for that also requires buying HoT (which I haven’t done as I don’t think it’s worth the money for what you get) and i’m thinking I may be done with gw2.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

+1 here, 1-man guild, mostly used as a bank guild but I currently see no options whatsoever to progress.
Add to that the fact that I can’t contribute to my other, larger guilds’ progression as everything required for that also requires buying HoT (which I haven’t done as I don’t think it’s worth the money for what you get) and i’m thinking I may be done with gw2.

What you wrote make no sense. one man and you want your guild to progress? what?

Some must fight so that all may be free.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Lots of people are willing to help folks get their guild hall. After that, you can still do missions to progress the guild — easier if you get help, but some bounties (for example) can be soloed or duoed.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

What you wrote make no sense. one man and you want your guild to progress? what?

What’s hard to understand? I’m a 1-man guild but I still want to be able to make banners & guild seige, run bounty training, claim wvw objectives etc.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

The trouble is most large guild are drama-fests, often with arrogant people in them that say things like “it’s called an MMO for a reason” … nothing directed at you, of course.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Me and my partner have had our own guild since the start of the game. We have only ever had a mximum of five people in it, and usually only we were online. So as just two people we worked very hard over the last 2 1/2 years to get all of the influence and guild merits needed to get all trees to level 6 and buy a decent amount of consumeables. Come the expansion, and now everything that we’ve done up until now, all of that hard work, is completely worthless just so Anet can make a buck.

This isn’t how you retain players. And I’m not really suprised- I’ve seen no hype about the expansion on social media, barely see any Revenants running around, etc. It feels like everyone has just stopped playing the game by now.

At least give us a marriage system by this point so couples have something.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

I think the problem is that “guilds” are technically groups of people, and 2-3 people isn’t really a group. They overdid it with the guild thing. Having 10,000 guilds of 2 people is pointless, and likely what’s being addressed here.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

The trouble is most large guild are drama-fests, often with arrogant people in them that say things like “it’s called an MMO for a reason” … nothing directed at you, of course.

Same here 2 person guild, we are screwed.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: DaniTheHero.6318

DaniTheHero.6318

I don’t want to sound mean but two people don’t make a guild. There’s nothing stopping you from just always being ina party toghether. The entire point of being in a guild is to join a group of people. Wether it’s a group of 10 people or more than 100 isn’t the issue. But two people don’t make a guild. And there is no justified reason to give two people a whole hall instance. So many people complaing about small guilds being unable to shine, but that’s the point. Guilds need to be massive and powerful. A group of 5 or less isn’t a guild, it’s a party. And even if you had the hall. Every upgrade costs about 300G minimum. You really won’t be able to advance much,rendering the hall useless for you.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

My guild got 5 members and we are all real live friends.

We made the same guild/clan over in every online game we’ve played.

Due to real life issues, getting married, having baby, looking for better jobs etc.

We are now down to 2 active members, and looks like we will never have our own guild hall. We don’t ask for being a powerful guild, we just want to enjoy every guild functions like other big guild.

No perks for duo guild?

DaniTheHero.6318

Due to real life issues, getting married, having baby, looking for better jobs etc.

We are now down to 2 active members, and looks like we will never have our own guild hall. We don’t ask for being a powerful guild, we just want to enjoy every guild functions like other big guild.

The core of being a guild is to grow in size. Two members isn’t a guild. It’s barely even a party. You’re complaing about something that exists in any mmo.There should be some kind of a reward for being bigger. If two people could achieve the same as 200 people, then what is the point of even joining a big guild?

(edited by DaniTheHero.6318)

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

It seems like most of this is based around guild halls, this is also another reason why Anet should expand on personal housing. Let small guilds congregate around personal housing and have guild halls be a end goal or for medium/large guilds.

Though not sure what people expect when they make a 1-3 person guild, if they make it simple or possible for a small guild to achieve something, it just means a large guild will be done with it in no time. It also disincentivises guilds if something is achievable solo or by a small group.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

The core of being a guild is to grow in size. Two members isn’t a guild. It’s barely even a party. You’re complaing about something that exists in any mmo.There should be some kind of a reward for being bigger. If two people could achieve the same as 200 people, then what is the point of even joining a big guild?

I have built my guild a guild hall back in GW1 by myself. I never complain about the cost, i don’t mind it took me 3 years or 5 years, just cut the guild mission player requirement and i am good as is.

My guild have 6 members all together, Destiny’s edge is a guild of 5 at the moment, they are a guild. Even down to 2 active players, it is still a GUILD.

(edited by Crossaber.8934)

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Elyssandariel.2679

Elyssandariel.2679

I want to address people saying that two people aren’t a guild. They are a guild, if they put in the effort to have guild things before, and work for it, and now it’s taken away. I’m part of a larger guild that has a guild hall and wants us to upgrade and is constantly in guild chat harping about “what we need now.”

I’m also part of a smaller two person guild, which might get a few more members when my cousin and her husband get HoT eventually. Who are ANY of you to tell us that we’re not a guild? 2 people guilds are guilds just like 400 people guilds are guilds. We had guild bank and other things before this change over, I haven’t looked to see if we still have it but, if not, we’re kind of screwed, because we can never get a guild hall or afford the upkeep on a guild hall.

There should be smaller guild halls for smaller guilds. It’s not like we’re asking for a whole city to ourselves. Just a small place to go that we can afford, and update, like we were doing.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I want to address people saying that two people aren’t a guild. They are a guild, if they put in the effort to have guild things before, and work for it, and now it’s taken away. I’m part of a larger guild that has a guild hall and wants us to upgrade and is constantly in guild chat harping about “what we need now.”

I’m also part of a smaller two person guild, which might get a few more members when my cousin and her husband get HoT eventually. Who are ANY of you to tell us that we’re not a guild? 2 people guilds are guilds just like 400 people guilds are guilds. We had guild bank and other things before this change over, I haven’t looked to see if we still have it but, if not, we’re kind of screwed, because we can never get a guild hall or afford the upkeep on a guild hall.

There should be smaller guild halls for smaller guilds. It’s not like we’re asking for a whole city to ourselves. Just a small place to go that we can afford, and update, like we were doing.

Well said +10

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Lots of people are willing to help folks get their guild hall. After that, you can still do missions to progress the guild — easier if you get help, but some bounties (for example) can be soloed or duoed.

You MUST have participation from a minimum of three guild members for your guild to get credit for missions now. Still technically soloable, and members may get individual credit/rewards (not sure), but you can’t progress the guild with only two.

No perks for duo guild?

Insiferi.4831

Even for smaller guilds that are willing to work together there are problems though. Our guild is large enough to claim our hall, and even teamed up to help another small guild get theirs, but we can’t earn Favor because all the PvE missions this week require level 10 and above.

Many of my guild mates have DC/latency issues, which don’t lend thrmselves well to competetive game modes, so we changed our preferred mission type to PvE. The hiccup here is that we can’t convert influence because we spent it all on upgrades. We would have held on to what we had if we knew the Guild Missions would be unplayable for us. It would be great to know if ALL PvE missions are over L 10, even the easy ones, so we can bite the bullet and inflict ourselves on PvP or WvW.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Elyssandariel.2679

Elyssandariel.2679

I don’t think he’s saying he wants the SAME as a 200 person guild. What we’re saying is that for smaller guilds, which, yes, ARE guilds, even though your elitist attitude that you’re projecting can’t see it, there should be SMALLER guild halls that cost less. What’s wrong with having that? That’s what we’re saying.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

All of you tiny guilds still have a guild hall. It’s called the Guild Initiative Headquarters.

All jokes aside, “guilds” of 1 or 2 people aren’t really guilds. Guilds are designed around a decent quantity of people that earn things fast (for big guilds) or slowly (for smaller guilds) to grow their guild halls, benefits, buffs, etc. In the past, people were able to circumvent this by buying guild influence and “cheating” the system. Now this option no longer exists it seems, so it’s time to come to terms with a few things.

First, grow your guild. Look for a small handful of like-minded individuals that fit with your ideals and the way you play. We’re all special snowflakes and I realize that some people think they will never be able to find someone they like as much as themselves, but you can. There are hundreds of thousands of players out there and I’m sure you can probably find another 2 or 3 that would love to hang out with you.

Second, if you’re the most unique of all the snowflakes in the world and you STILL can’t find someone you like as much as yourself, then please consider a guild “alliance”. You can take turns repping each other and completing your respective guild missions. You only have to put up with them for about 10-30 minutes at most.

Third, small guilds just have to accept that it will take longer to do things than bigger guilds. If I hire an international construction company that employees thousands of workers, I know that the skyscraper I want built will be finished in 6-12 months. If I hire a mom and pop construction company from some rinky dink town, I know that that same skyscraper might take 1000 years to build. It’s just logical.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: KrewGorilla.6491

KrewGorilla.6491

Seems to me DaniTheHero likes to think of guilds being as big and powerful. Just cuz its an MMO doesnt mean ur required to actively and openly recruit. Quit being so close minded and elitist. The way you’ve posted so far makes me wonder if ur compensating for something? Nobody is trying to prove anything by building up guilds by themselves, but for those of us who have small close knit groups that we enjoy running with, it was fine before they changed the guild systems and let us build with influence. I’ve built up my guild the past 3 years and i didnt need to buy everything with gold, but slowly built it up with 2-3 friends and am proud of that.

A guild can be seen as anything ranging form a large organization of people that work together to a small group of people that have the same goals or interests, regardless of size. Doesn’t mean that people are anti-social or anything more as people just want to make guilds with close real life friends or family. Get over urself and ur macho talk and quit being a tool on forums.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

There is no justified reason letting a guild of 2 people achieve the same as a guild of 200 or more. What would be the point of even joining a big guild then? You’re just complaining because you can’t get over your anti-social behavior.

Not everyone is fixated on ‘achievements’ as you seem to be, some people od things for the fun not for the supposed kudos they [vainly] think it gives them.

Get over your elitist attitude.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

I don’t want to sound mean but two people don’t make a guild. There’s nothing stopping you from just always being ina party toghether. The entire point of being in a guild is to join a group of people. Wether it’s a group of 10 people or more than 100 isn’t the issue. But two people don’t make a guild. And there is no justified reason to give two people a whole hall instance. So many people complaing about small guilds being unable to shine, but that’s the point. Guilds need to be massive and powerful. A group of 5 or less isn’t a guild, it’s a party. And even if you had the hall. Every upgrade costs about 300G minimum. You really won’t be able to advance much,rendering the hall useless for you.

Except two people DID make a guild and had access to things in the game, such as the ability to make banners and other consumables, which Anet ripped away and put behind a paywall and a big/gold materials sink. For three years, small guilds of less than 10 were able to keep progressing toward goals. Now, they have to go through all sorts of hoops, money, and materials just to get back what they had before.

I don’t mean to sound mean, but I hope you can understand why this is irritating.

To the poster who said there should be some kind of reward for being bigger, I don’t disagree. However, why should small guilds lose the ability to do the things they were able to do before HoT?

I have 5 people (6 accounts) in my guild, for the record. After three years, to be told we don’t really constitute a guild because we aren’t all ever on at the same time and to have things taken away leaves a bad feeling.

No perks for duo guild?

DaniTheHero.6318

There is no justified reason letting a guild of 2 people achieve the same as a guild of 200 or more. What would be the point of even joining a big guild then? You’re just complaining because you can’t get over your anti-social behavior.

Not everyone is fixated on ‘achievements’ as you seem to be, some people od things for the fun not for the supposed kudos they [vainly] think it gives them.

You’re avoiding the question. What would be the point in joining big guilds if you could do everything already as two people.

The elitist argument is dumb. Wanting to be rewarded for bigger effort is sheer logic.

No perks for duo guild?

Insiferi.4831

While I feel that 1 person is not enough to qualify as a guild, I don’t think we should limit guild size arbitrarily. If 1 person can clear a mission, let him do it. Its already an established feature in game. A one person guild is already limited in how much they can accomplish based on size alone, no need to gate it off further.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to want a smaller guild. My guild is composed mostly of people I know IRL. If I wanted to build a jumping puzzle in our hall out of decorations, none of my friends would bat an eye, they know I love the jump puzzles. I might get in trouble for doing that sort of thing in a larger guild though, and I don’t want to have to abandon my friends just to gain access to a hall.

I invested a great deal of gold gathering resources to build our hall so our Guild wouldn’t have to compromise our ranks just to advance ourselves. It seems unreasonable to have content gated in the fashion that it is. Letting smaller guilds have halls should not have any effect on your own guild’s accomplishments.

Whether it’s the level for starting guild missions or the player cap, arbitrary gating has nothing to do with fun. Isn’t that what this game is supposed to be about?

No perks for duo guild?

DaniTheHero.6318

Except two people DID make a guild and had access to things in the game, such as the ability to make banners and other consumables, which Anet ripped away and put behind a paywall and a big/gold materials sink. For three years, small guilds of less than 10 were able to keep progressing toward goals. Now, they have to go through all sorts of hoops, money, and materials just to get back what they had before.

I don’t mean to sound mean, but I hope you can understand why this is irritating.

To the poster who said there should be some kind of reward for being bigger, I don’t disagree. However, why should small guilds lose the ability to do the things they were able to do before HoT?

I have 5 people (6 accounts) in my guild, for the record. After three years, to be told we don’t really constitute a guild because we aren’t all ever on at the same time and to have things taken away leaves a bad feeling.

Good job, for 3 years you enjoyed and experienced a featurethat doesn’t exist in a SINGLE MMO. At-least now bigger=better. As it should be.

Also the things you’ve done in the pasr aren’t wasted. Banners you previously unlocked are already learnt in the tavern for you. So you won’t be spending extra on that.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

You MUST have participation from a minimum of three guild members for your guild to get credit for missions now. Still technically soloable, and members may get individual credit/rewards (not sure), but you can’t progress the guild with only two.

My guild of 2 managed to complete a rush and got credit including favor.
Im still not happy about the guild situation and still confused on a few things, but it IS doable, at least in rushes

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

You’re avoiding the question. What would be the point in joining big guilds if you could do everything already as two people.

Having more people to play with, obviously. An easier way to group up for content that requires a full party, like dungeons or fractals. You usually won’t have to pug if you’re in a big guild.

ETA:

Also the things you’ve done in the pasr aren’t wasted. Banners you previously unlocked are already learnt in the tavern for you. So you won’t be spending extra on that.

They are lost if you never advance to having a tavern. Have you looked at the hoops wvw guilds have to jump through now just to get their +5 back?

RoF

(edited by Shukriyya.7629)

No perks for duo guild?

DaniTheHero.6318

Don’t get me wrong. I hate the time gated autherium and bring forced to spend so many mats and gold to progress. But im happy big guilds are rewarded for being big.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Some of us have been fighting this battle since the Guild Hall CDI, and continue to fight. However, given that Colin has flat out stated that they don’t consider “guilds” less than 5 people to be guilds, I think we’re pretty much kittened.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

No perks for duo guild?

DaniTheHero.6318

Some of us have been fighting this battle since the Guild Hall CDI, and continue to fight. However, given that Colin has flat out stated that they don’t consider “guilds” less than 5 people to be guilds, I think we’re pretty much kittened.

And any person that isn’t part of these 5 man “guilds” would agree with him

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

We had a system that worked for years. Large guilds got all the big goodies quickly small ones didn’t but could still progress. they could pump money in for the people they lacked but would still hit a point where they would need more people. However, this did not come before they could actually makes lots of progress over time. Having huge pay walls, leaving out solo and very small guilds, and ignoring the issue is denying a voice.

Lots of people just do not have the time for the BS of a big guild. Lots of people do not want to talk to strangers during the 2 hours they get a night to play. Lots of people do not want to be your internet buddy or even talk to you and be your friend. They love the game but they are not people persons. They accepted long ago that they would never have world first or anything like that. Most did not complain. They made their small strides in silence and left you alone or even helped you from the side in small ways. The minute they want what they had back they are told, “It’s called an MMO for a reason”.

Do you tell Introverts in the real world (the grandest MMO there is) to make more friends even though it will add not one meaningful thing to their lives and likely just drain them? Most people leave them alone. The kittens who demand they act like extroverts are a bane upon their lives. Many grow to hate them.

So I will dumb this down for you. An introvert who has little social skills and likes to be left alone will usually not politic their way up the food chain in most companies quickly. However, diligent work some times gets recognized and they do get enough money (with smart savings) for a house a car and the little amenities in life. Do they do it as quick as dinks and people with big families willing to help. Usually no but, they do get there. They are not told because you do not have a big network of friends, and family you have to sit in your apartment for the rest of your life and rot. They can still make it there but not here in a game?

Do not deny people who just happen to experience life different than you the right to achieve dreams. Do not be the kitten.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

No perks for duo guild?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Of course they would, because they aren’t in those people shoes, and don’t care to put themselves there, because it’s all about “me me me” these days.

The definition of a “guild” cites no body requirement. It is simply defined as “an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.”

An “association” also defines no necessary number of bodies, only " a group of people organized for a joint purpose."

Last time I checked, a “group” could consist of as few as two people, at least that’s what our education system teaches. So obviously our education system is wrong?

Hell, getting guilds of 5 recognized as guilds was an uphill battle, and that is even supported by the game’s own lore!

No perks for duo guild?

DaniTheHero.6318

Of course they would, because they aren’t in those people shoes, and don’t care to put themselves there, because it’s all about “me me me” these days.

The definition of a “guild” cites no body requirement. It is simply defined as “an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.”

An “association” also defines no necessary number of bodies, only " a group of people organized for a joint purpose."

Last time I checked, a “group” could consist of as few as two people, at least that’s what our education system teaches. So obviously our education system is wrong?

Hell, getting guilds of 5 recognized as guilds was an uphill battle, and that is even supported by the game’s own lore!

Why would i put myself into the shoes of anti socialization? The whole point of guilds and MMO’s to begin with is the Massive amount of players you can interact with. MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE . Not COOP online.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

A guild with 2 people in it is not a guild. Really.

If you want a guild hall try asking people in major cities or something to help you out.
And this is from someone who has played this game for 2+ years with a 4man guild.

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

There is no way to cater to guild with 1-2 members without breaking the whole experience for guilds that consist of 5+ players. The larger guilds would rocket through everything and lose any sense of real achievement, something I felt the previous system lacked to a degree.

To expect 1-2 people to be able to achieve what 10+ people can achieve just isn’t a realistic expectation. I’m in the boat that a guild is a community of players that band together to achieve goals that are otherwise unachievable.

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

I have built my guild a guild hall back in GW1 by myself. I never complain about the cost, i don’t mind it took me 3 years or 5 years, just cut the guild mission player requirement and i am good as is.

My guild have 6 members all together, Destiny’s edge is a guild of 5 at the moment, they are a guild. Even down to 2 active players, it is still a GUILD.

I don’t see how you upgrading it all by yourself proves anything. Big man took on the world using the guild system,good job. Sorry to break it to you, you aren’t a guild by yourself. And a system that allows it is insulting itself.

You aren’t being able to gather THREE people in an MMO to do a 15 minutes mission proves how stupid your point is.
Just because Anet decided that DE are a guild ( they were technically 6/7 members not 5) Doesn’t mean its the definition of guild size. 5 or below people are a party. There is no justified reason letting a guild of 2 people achieve the same as a guild of 200 or more. What would be the point of even joining a big guild then? You’re just complaining because you can’t get over your anti-social behavior.

Question: Why is it ok that elite specializations and the Mentor tag be “fixed” (neither of which I had any issues with the way they were) and others’ complaints about the new guild system shouldn’t be addressed? That’s not exactly fair. I don’t want to join a huge guild full of people I don’t know. Will they let me take whatever I want from the bank? Doubtful.

I spent considerable time and game resources building up the one I have in anticipation of a few friends coming to play with me. Now there’s no point as the four of us still won’t be able to progress.

No perks for duo guild?

Insiferi.4831

Larger guilds always blow through content anyway, if not now then later when things are better understood in game. This isn’t about small guilds having all the things a large guild has, it’s about us wanting something at all. We can never compete with the large guilds due to player count and how easy it is for you to share the resource burden. Your large guilds still get to earn things much faster and more efficiently than us. If ArenaNet lets one and two person guilds exist, they should be able to earn a hall eventually. By the game’s definition, it is a guild, which is more important in this instance. If those guilds shouldn’t be allowed to earn anything, why are they allowed to exist at all?

No perks for duo guild?

Posted by: numri.7081

numri.7081

If you’re one person short it shouldn’t be an issue to “hire” someone or bring a friend to temporarily rep your guild to help you out with the missions, I’m glad to see small guilds of 5-10 players being included in the content and missions being available for as little as 3 people, but not letting a 2-people guild build a hall doesn’t seem all that unfair (to me atleast).

What I mean is, to me it sounds like a problem I could solve myself.

edit: I might have misunderstood something, I thought 3 players was minimum to finish a guild mission, thus the “being one person short” suggestion. (what is the minimum?) If you need more, scale it up! Consider it like hiring builders

Head-vagrant of the [Hobo] Union
[Underworld – Warrior] Mary Maceless
Occasionally streaming @ www.twitch.tv/numrii

(edited by numri.7081)

No perks for duo guild?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Why would i put myself into the shoes of anti socialization? The whole point of guilds and MMO’s to begin with is the Massive amount of players you can interact with. MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE . Not COOP online.

Nice assumption. Sometimes it has nothing to do with being anti-social.

Never come across someone that is horrendously shy? Someone that might be socially awkward? People that try to reach out and make friends, but seem to have a hard time doing so?

My son has Aspeger’s, for example. He isn’t anti-social. He’s very much a people person, but he struggles with making friends. He doesn’t know how to start a conversation. He struggles with reading body language, and sometimes what a lot of us easily perceive as humor goes right over his head.

So yeah, sometimes it has absolutely kittening nothing to do with being “anti social”.