Dust "fix" was a sidestep

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

(why is everyone so upset about dailies??).

It’s about the laurel that’s tied to it. It’s an artificial time gate to obtain some fairly nice stuff, and players hate that sort of thing. In my case it means that there is no chance ever that I’ll buy an expansion of this game.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Ordika.9513

Ordika.9513

OP has a valid point. All high end open world drops have been nerfed. Orr, ML, Frostgorge. There is no where left to get a good return of T5/T6 crafting supplies for a reasonable amount of time spent. 1-2 T6 an hour is not reasonable.

There is a reason there was a ‘dust crisis’. There will be similar ‘crisis’ very soon.

And to top it off, now you have to compete with these dragon coffers on your drops. They drop EVERYWHERE. Next to impossible to get any real drops any more.

For having an ‘economist’ on staff, this in game economy really does stink.

T6 your absolutely right, but T5 maybe not so much.

I am currently taking my warrior through Timber and Frostgorge and was getting Claw and Fang T5 drops like crazy. Also good return on Bone and Totem from Grawl and Svanir in the zones.

Ordika Skirata || Keirstaad Rhith || Rhun Turold || Quinten Vigar || Ahrung Park
Swansonites of North Shiverpeak – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

It’s about the laurel that’s tied to it. It’s an artificial time gate to obtain some fairly nice stuff, and players hate that sort of thing. In my case it means that there is no chance ever that I’ll buy an expansion of this game.

That’s the main gripe with dailies. Dailies are content for people without jobs or people who can play every day. Really makes you not want to play. There is no reason some dude playing 1 hour a day 5 days a week should end with more laurels than me playing 5 hours one day on the weekend.

That’s a huge problem that they need to address. Dailies were old news 5 years ago. Let’s not rehash bad content.

As far as the dust “fix”, no it was obviously a band aid fix. I thought that was pretty apparent when they announced it. There is no question that it just causes more unbalance in the economy, and drop rates are still so low it doesn’t matter anyway.

They need to approach this from the point of view of a doctor: Don’t treat the symptoms, treat the real problem, which is this game doesn’t even drop loot half the time, and goodness forbid you get an “unlucky” streak. Even the lucky loot streaks in this game feel slow paced and grindy.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Ordika.9513

That’s the main gripe with dailies. Dailies are content for people without jobs or people who can play every day. Really makes you not want to play. There is no reason some dude playing 1 hour a day 5 days a week should end with more laurels than me playing 5 hours one day on the weekend.

Theoretically (I hate arguments about what people ‘deserve’ and/or are ‘entitled’ to) you would be correct, in a perfect system (or at least one based on duration not frequency) you would be given equal reward. However if you look at Laurels more of a reward for regularly logging in and playing even minimally, the entitlement to equal reward is no longer there. Whether you like or agree with that system of reward is a different matter all together, but an argument could be made, that his play style is more desirable, ergo, rewarded (probably marketing in the sense that people who log in more often regardless of length of stay are more likely to buy gems).

However, the case could be made that while his 5 Laurel will earn him 15 random T6 mats, you in your 5 hours have the ability to both get more T6 mats, and control what mats those are by focusing on killing certain things. Granted with RNG and DR you could get screwed, but since I am not a farmer, I have no idea what to expect even from 30 min in one spot for a particular mat.

Ordika Skirata || Keirstaad Rhith || Rhun Turold || Quinten Vigar || Ahrung Park

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

well, i’ve been waiting for some reason to start playing again… and have been monitoring these DR, RNG, loot, farming rewards issues for almost a month. it just seems the ‘fixes’ are making the game reward less for time spent playing. i wish the loot nerfs were taken out so that it flowed like it did just after release. playing the game for the few hours a week i have, actually felt exhilarating and rewarding. i could actually gather enough mats to craft good exotics for alts. i wasn’t overly concerned with getting exotic drops because i could craft them… yet, even then the exotics dropped more frequently than they do now. until i stopped playing a month ago, i had not received one exotic drop since January… 5 months of playing without one exotic drop, or mystic toilet lucky reward! that’s just not a good enough rewards system for me to consider this game fun to play. that is the only reason i play games… to have fun. if it feels like unrewarding work, it is not fun. period.

i started playing rift as it went f2p, and i gotta say, at least for now, the rewards (loot) you get just playing are so much better than what this game has devolved into. in fact, in just a half hour of play there is so much loot and money earned that managing it all makes you weary. i also enjoy fishing again.

i really want to love this game enough to play it again, and maybe that will happen sometime in the near future. but, until then, i won’t be playing or buying gems to gamble with RNG, or grind against unfair DR or time-sinking without reward.

Aeonblade.8709

Theoretically (I hate arguments about what people ‘deserve’ and/or are ‘entitled’ to) you would be correct, in a perfect system (or at least one based on duration not frequency) you would be given equal reward. However if you look at Laurels more of a reward for regularly logging in and playing even minimally, the entitlement to equal reward is no longer there. Whether you like or agree with that system of reward is a different matter all together, but an argument could be made, that his play style is more desirable, ergo, rewarded (probably marketing in the sense that people who log in more often regardless of length of stay are more likely to buy gems).

However, the case could be made that while his 5 Laurel will earn him 15 random T6 mats, you in your 5 hours have the ability to both get more T6 mats, and control what mats those are by focusing on killing certain things. Granted with RNG and DR you could get screwed, but since I am not a farmer, I have no idea what to expect even from 30 min in one spot for a particular mat.

…What? Farming T6 mats is a non option right now. DR kicks in after about 30 minutes to 1 hour, give or take. No play style is “more desirable” that is not logical at all… Both people are playing the game for 5 hours.

You know how other games dealt with this? I’ll use Rift. You could stack up your daily dungeon quests up to x7 if you didn’t do them for a week. Then run dungeons on the weekend when you could actually play. They accrued at a rate of 1 daily per day, everyone is happy, everyone got 7 dailies a week, no one gets screwed. Also, I highly doubt someone who logs in just to do the daily is going to spend more on gems than a weekend warrior would. In fact if anything it would be a wakitten

really isn’t hard to fix, right now development is just moving too slow to keep up with the times.

EDIT: Really Anet? I can’t say Wash…It?

Ordika.9513

…What? Farming T6 mats is a non option right now. DR kicks in after about 30 minutes to 1 hour, give or take. No play style is “more desirable” that is not logical at all… Both people are playing the game for 5 hours.

You know how other games dealt with this? I’ll use Rift. You could stack up your daily dungeon quests up to x7 if you didn’t do them for a week. Then run dungeons on the weekend when you could actually play. They accrued at a rate of 1 daily per day, everyone is happy, everyone got 7 dailies a week, no one gets screwed. Also, I highly doubt someone who logs in just to do the daily is going to spend more on gems than a weekend warrior would. In fact if anything it would be a wakitten really isn’t hard to fix, right now development is just moving too slow to keep up with the times.

Calm down, I wasn’t trying to be insulting just offering a different point of view.

In Rift or WoW, you are correct no different play style should be rewarded more, as they equally pay for access to the game. But, what about the activities one chooses to engage in during play, those are rewarded differently so it is not so much a stretch to also reward differently in other ways (ie if I want to spend my play time dungeon diving I get X rewards, where if I want to farm I get Y).

GW2 is slightly different in the sense that past the initial purchase this game lives or dies on people buying gems. In that case ANet would be smart to foster whatever behavior they find leads to more gem sales (castigating them for this is wrong as businesses exist to make money). If encouraging people to play in short frequent bursts instead of a few longer duration sessions, leads to more gem sales, then they would be wise to foster this behavior to ensure the health of the business.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

(…) weekend warrior would. In fact if anything it would be a wash. (…)

EDIT: Really Anet? I can’t say Wakitten?

Not a native english speaker here, but I think the it was not needed. Now push … not it.
*lol

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

There is no reason some dude playing 1 hour a day 5 days a week should end with more laurels than me playing 5 hours one day on the weekend.

Exactly. No single players time or effort should be worth more or less than any other player. That is almost word for word from the so called Manifesto that this game was sold on.

“Play the game the way you want to play…” and all that yadda yadda.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Hello all, let’s keep in mind that this was just one change, it isn’t intended to be the one saving grace of the whole economy it was simply a market correction.

Standard: We saw that dust was too expensive and it wasn’t on a correcting trend. We made it easier and more prevalent to get dust without any major changes to the current balance.

We wanted a shift of the supply curve for dust without change the balance too much in any other markets, we were making a change in pseudo isoloation (bisolation if you will).

so you nerfed the crap out of every possible source of dust then couldn’t figure out why it was getting more expensive so you slapped a band-aid on it.

An easier and more prevalent way to get dust was the original system that you beat continually with a bat until it stopped giving dust. If you really wanted to not change the balance of other markets then you wouldn’t have used the mat used in the most recipes in the game to do that, you would have just increased the drop rate of dust.

I love how non-developers think they know better than the actual developers on how to fix problems. It’s almost like that solution (just increasing drop rate) is so obvious, that it was tested and didn’t fix the problem without introducing more problems.

I could really care less if they listen to me or not. All I know is that before the changes, Orr was fun and rewarding and I liked playing there. After the changes I just log on to bang out any new event achievements then log back off. I’m having less fun, i’m not spending money in game, and i’m not telling my friends about how fun and rewarding the game is. The only ones losing out are Anet, there are plenty of other fun and rewarding games for me to spend money on.

Aeonblade.8709

You know how other games dealt with this? I’ll use Rift. You could stack up your daily dungeon quests up to x7 if you didn’t do them for a week. Then run dungeons on the weekend when you could actually play. They accrued at a rate of 1 daily per day, everyone is happy, everyone got 7 dailies a week, no one gets screwed. Also, I highly doubt someone who logs in just to do the daily is going to spend more on gems than a weekend warrior would. In fact if anything it would be a wakitten really isn’t hard to fix, right now development is just moving too slow to keep up with the times.

Calm down, I wasn’t trying to be insulting just offering a different point of view.

In Rift or WoW, you are correct no different play style should be rewarded more, as they equally pay for access to the game. But, what about the activities one chooses to engage in during play, those are rewarded differently so it is not so much a stretch to also reward differently in other ways (ie if I want to spend my play time dungeon diving I get X rewards, where if I want to farm I get Y).

GW2 is slightly different in the sense that past the initial purchase this game lives or dies on people buying gems. In that case ANet would be smart to foster whatever behavior they find leads to more gem sales (castigating them for this is wrong as businesses exist to make money). If encouraging people to play in short frequent bursts instead of a few longer duration sessions, leads to more gem sales, then they would be wise to foster this behavior to ensure the health of the business.

Rift is F2P. And I am calm, I don’t know where you got that I wasn’t? I’m sorry if you took my response as me being insulted, as I was just explaining to you how it doesn’t matter what days you do play, but rather time played altogether. I’m just letting you know that the view is illogical and unrealistic for a healthy game, and it shows in my friends list, LA, and WvW

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

What exactly does this time-gate besides stats and pink text? All content is open with or without laurel gear.

“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

Aeonblade.8709

What exactly does this time-gate besides stats and pink text? All content is open with or without laurel gear.

Gear/Skins IS a large part of the content to some people. The sooner people realize this, the better off the game will be.

Mackdose.6504

There is no reason some dude playing 1 hour a day 5 days a week should end with more laurels than me playing 5 hours one day on the weekend.

Exactly. No single players time or effort should be worth more or less than any other player. That is almost word for word from the so called Manifesto that this game was sold on.

He’s not being restricted in his play, just in the rewards for the time played.

If you can’t do 30 minutes a day to get the laurel then don’t. I’m not about to get mad that I can’t get Arah armor because I can’t have 3 hours set aside to run it. I can’t get dungeon master, either.

There are trade offs to 5 hours in one day vs 1 hour for 5 days, and you would do well to bring both sides to the table when discussing time played vs rewards.

Aeonblade.8709

If you can’t do 30 minutes a day to get the laurel then don’t. I’m not about to get mad that I can’t get Arah armor because I can’t have 3 hours set aside to run it. I can’t get dungeon master, either.

There are trade offs to 5 hours in one day vs 1 hour for 5 days, and you would do well to bring both sides to the table when discussing time played vs rewards.

The trade off being someone’s $60 is worth more than mine, gotcha.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Both players have the same opportunities, one just chooses not to pursue them. That’s the player’s prerogative.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Ordika.9513

Rift is F2P. And I am calm, I don’t know where you got that I wasn’t? I’m sorry if you took my response as me being insulted, as I was just explaining to you how it doesn’t matter what days you do play, but rather time played altogether. I’m just letting you know that the view is illogical and unrealistic for a healthy game, and it shows in my friends list, LA, and WvW

it was the opening ‘…..What?’ seemed defensive.

Also it not all the illogical to assume rewarding different behavior is desirable.

Take Rift as an example, it is F2P now, but was sub. During my time there I would seem my guild on mostly on a certain night, and we would all run through and get our 7 dungeons. Know what happened the other 4-5 nights a week? Only a few people at a time were one. So during those nights I would play something else. That meant that X got my play time (which generally translated to dollars as I either bought a game or would spend money one way or another on an MMO) and not Rift. Eventually I just stopped subing (mine ran out earlier this year before the F2P change) as there was no point spending $10 per month for a game I played about 10 days a month (granted $1/day is not a lot, but I can get tons more playtime out of games like GW2 and Civ for less money). So the behavior of my guild (due to the reward structure) ended up hurting Rift, in that they did not get my money after a certain point.

Now lets further extend the logical look into rewarding behavior to GW2. DR is a means of curtailing certain behavior (namely farming). But if instead of logging in for 5 hours to farm, they instead log in 5 days and farm for 1hour for the most part DR wouldn’t kick in (assuming 1hr for it to kick in which I am given to understand is how it should be working). I am not a farmer so I have never experiences DR and I get enough drops that I generally get about 50s-1g per my gaming sessions which is enough for me (not counting the rares which I auto convert to Ecto’s and if there is a particular t5 or t6 mat I am looking to accumulate). Now the logical extension of why they reward that behavior both in laurels and little to no DR effect, would have to be that is the play style they desire, and the logical extension of that is that it leads to more gem sales.

Granted it is all speculation, but it is logical speculation.

Mackdose.6504

The world doesn’t revolve around any one play style. I don’t see where your $60 is worth less when you can do exactly the same thing as any other player.

Are you about to get mad that Anet doesn’t plan rewards around your anniversary or major natural disasters either?

Aeonblade.8709

Both players have the same opportunities, one just chooses not to pursue them. That’s the player’s prerogative.

Whoosh. It’s not a choice if some of us have families and work. Who chooses a game over their family? This is actually really funny to me, thanks :P

Mackdose.6504

Whoosh. It’s not a choice if some of us have families and work. Who chooses a game over their family? This is actually really funny to me, thanks :P

Exactly his point, you control your play time. Trying to pawn it off on Arenanet discriminating against working players is really disingenuous.

Full disclosure: I work full time and don’t have enough time for large blocks of gaming, even on weekends.

Rising Dusk.2408

Whoosh indeed. It is a choice. You made the choice to not pursue the game at all in favor of maximizing time with your family. Some families play the game together, and some members of a family manage their time effectively and can still have their family and play a game apart from them. That you can’t is nothing more and nothing less than what it is.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Aeonblade.8709

I’m sorry you two feel that some people’s time is more valuable than others. It gives us an insight into humanity and the game both at the same time. Good show. It’s not disingenuous to place blame on the party at fault btw to whoever said that.

Gonna try to keep this on topic a lil bit for the OP and step out a while. Thanks guys.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

While I agree with Aeonblade that the laurel system is crap and I want alternatives to get them, because after doing dailies, I feel like punching myself in the sack with a bag of bricks…

But kitten , did this thread get derailed…

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Mackdose.6504

I’m sorry you two feel that some people’s time is more valuable than others. It gives us an insight into humanity and the game both at the same time. Good show. It’s not disingenuous to place blame on the party at fault btw to whoever said that.

Gonna try to keep this on topic a lil bit for the OP and step out a while. Thanks guys.

I’m sorry you feel your family is a burden on your playtime. So much so, that you blame the developer of the game. The only one you don’t seem to blame is yourself, who is ironically the only person who can reasonably change the situation.

Meanwhile, everyone else gets that it’s the player who’s responsible for his play habits.

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m sorry that you feel compelled to put words into someone else’s mouth. Nowhere have I said that anyone’s time is more valuable than anyone else’s. All I have said is that we all have time, and we can all manage it how we want. That X player is choosing to spend it on dailies and Y player doesn’t is entirely up to those players. You get out what you put in, as you do with anything in life.

And really, discussing reward systems in a thread about a specific rewards issue (T6 Dust) isn’t that far off topic. It’s actually quite a similar topic, and hits on many linked issues. There is a measure of not feeling rewarded enough for one’s time in the game, and that, extends to Laurels in the case of user Aeonblade and others who don’t like the time-gating associated with them.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

There is a measure of not feeling rewarded enough for one’s time in the game, and that, extends to Laurels in the case of user Aeonblade and others who don’t like the time-gating associated with them.

Since apparently, completely derailing this thread is not a big deal, I’ll bother responding to this.

I don’t mind that there is a time gate for certain items in the game. I’m completely fine that I have to do a certain amount of effort in order to gain access to certain parts of the game, in this particular example, ascended amulets.

However, I DO mind that this particular item is limited to one time gate and one time gate only: dailies/monthlies. I don’t mind monthlies that much, since I get them finished about halfway through the month by just playing. But my big beef with dailies is that THEY’RE SO ABSOLUTELY FLIPPING BORING. Let me solo lupi for a Laurel, let me do 6 dungeon paths in a day for a Laurel, let me complete a fractal 48 for a Laurel, I don’t care, but let me do something I enjoy. Dailies were supposed to be something that you get while playing the game, well newsflash, not everyone in this game enjoys open world crap.

The big problem with ascended amulets is that their accusations is only possible by doing 1 thing in the game. There simply should be alternatives. By not providing these alternatives, you set up an unfair fence between people that have the time to do dailies and those who don’t.

Not to mention that fact that not acquiring ascended amulets partly bars you from certain content (high level Fractals). Yes, you can complete them without them, but another person has an easier time doing them, because he went out of his way/had the time to do dailies. This is unfair gear gating and they were supposed to be against it.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

OP has a valid point. All high end open world drops have been nerfed. Orr, ML, Frostgorge. There is no where left to get a good return of T5/T6 crafting supplies for a reasonable amount of time spent. 1-2 T6 an hour is not reasonable.

There is a reason there was a ‘dust crisis’. There will be similar ‘crisis’ very soon.

And to top it off, now you have to compete with these dragon coffers on your drops. They drop EVERYWHERE. Next to impossible to get any real drops any more.

I am currently taking my warrior through Timber and Frostgorge and was getting Claw and Fang T5 drops like crazy. Also good return on Bone and Totem from Grawl and Svanir in the zones.

That’s the problem in Frostgorge, you’re supposed to be getting T6 drops there but all you get is T5 drops, you might get a T6 drop every 30 mins or so, even with full mf on, it’s horrible, it’s that way in all high end areas.

And as far as the coffers go, I totally agree, they drop now from everything and it kinda sucks, cause it seems they are replacing loot that you would be getting, I ran fractals last night and kept getting them from mobs in there and was getting very upset, I ended the fractal with 1 rare and 32 pieces of candy, was really disappointed.

On another note, someone mentioned Lodestones and having the drop rate of them being increased, I think that would be a bad idea, I think that lodestones should be a rare drop, they always have been, since the start, not only that but you can get cores/lodestones from all dungeons and lodestones/cores from fractals as well.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

So I guess all the recent changes were only aimed at, I play when I say this…farmer genocide? SS was not fun(to me) and the culling was worse than Orr.

Anet/NCSoft has essentially turned open world play(speaking of making gold only) to a giant CoF p1 farm. Everyone only going for globs and/or dust. Of course CoF p1 is WAY more profitable, so one could say….Anet only wants you to do CoF p1 or become a TP trader to make gold in an efficient way?

T6 mats are no longer farmable and upgrading T5 mats is simply not worth it.

I only bring up farming because if this particular “fix” was for dust…which is pretty much back at the price it was before the major Orr nerfs and globs are still trading at the price they were before the “fix”…

So I guess what I want to say…why not just roll back the dial a little bit in Orr to get the price of Dust back to what it was and give a little nob to the farmers who have felt a little….betrayed dare I say?

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’m coming to the POV that whilst he probably does his job well as an economist its not necessarily best for the player experience.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

We’re seeing three problems with the loot system. We’re seeing an algorithm issue where some people get loot all the time and some don’t, so much for individual loot tables. We’re seeing DR interfere with the looting of temporary mobs in events.

I actually wonder if DR is at the root of the inconsistency given the amount of bugs in the game and that it seems to be quite complex and effectively individualises players loot drops.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Agreed, but ArenaNet has actually finally spoken out on the loot issue. Colin said that we can expect a loot revamp by the end of Summer, so that’s all we can look forward to now.

Can you please provide me with a link to that statement.. I remember reading that, but I just want to recheck.. :-)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I tried getting bones the other day and yes the boxes are replacing the T5 drops as well.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

We’re seeing three problems with the loot system. We’re seeing an algorithm issue where some people get loot all the time and some don’t, so much for individual loot tables. We’re seeing DR interfere with the looting of temporary mobs in events.

I actually wonder if DR is at the root of the inconsistency given the amount of bugs in the game and that it seems to be quite complex and effectively individualises players loot drops.

I do too. It’s either DR or it’s the algorithm but either way it’s not pretty. Either the loot algorithm is making it lopsided and DR is contributing or DR is the culprit and not only stays on the account but also occurs entirely too early.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Its cake to make money to buy anything you want in this game because of its overly casual nature and yet threads like these exist. Honestly props to anet for not locking this thread.

Go play WvW and tell me if you “make money”.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

Agreed, but ArenaNet has actually finally spoken out on the loot issue. Colin said that we can expect a loot revamp by the end of Summer, so that’s all we can look forward to now.

HAHA

Actually I am laughing at people who still believe those PR carrots.

I don’t believe in them at all. I’m very negative about ArenaNet and their focus and design decisions have shifted since launch. But, we already have an official response and we as players can do is hope that they actually follow through on it.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Hello all, let’s keep in mind that this was just one change, it isn’t intended to be the one saving grace of the whole economy it was simply a market correction.

Standard: We saw that dust was too expensive and it wasn’t on a correcting trend. We made it easier and more prevalent to get dust without any major changes to the current balance.

We wanted a shift of the supply curve for dust without change the balance too much in any other markets, we were making a change in pseudo isoloation (bisolation if you will).

“one saving grace of the whole economy it was simply a market correction”

glad to hear more action is coming

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Well I ain’t gonna argue it’s effectiveness… I just thought it was a pretty “odd” move in general (we’re doing WAHT to our ectos?? feels so…wierd)

EDIT: Oh right, shards/fragments should be dealt with later… according to https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/T6-Dust-Crisis/page/7#post2193354

This better make Chests @ the ends of jumping puzzles actually worth popping And Champ mobs worth fighting. So tired of empty zones and Stalemating against so many events & champs just b/c I don’t have a second player to help beat their natural regen.

(edited by ilr.9675)