Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Considering it was one of the (if not the) best costumes in GW1, we should ask nicely.

Arenanet, we are asking nicely!

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

I wish it looked like the Dwayna’s Regalia from Guild Wars 1. Oh well.

This. 1000% this. I appreciate the new one is based on the Dervish Avatar (which means it’s still pretty cool), but when I saw “Dwayna’s Regalia” I was thinking it was time to finally buy some more gems, as the original GW1 costume of that name is far and away my favorite. Oh well, maybe some day ANet will re-name this to what it is – Avatar of Dwayna – and give me the REAL Dwayna’s Regalia… I can wish, right?

It was only “Dwayna Costume” in GW.

No, it was not. The costume had two parts, the headpiece called “dwayna’s diadem” and the outfit called “dwayna’s regalia”

My bad. Never bought it myself, just only saw it as “Dwayna Costume” in the store.

It was a Wintersday release costume if I remember correctly. Maybe if we ask really nice-like we can get a port of it like they got the Lich Outfit

I’d love it if they could port all the costumes over >.< Love the shining blade one >>

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

It’d be nice to get a light, medium, and heavy armor set that we could earn for doing in game stuff every once in a while. I am not in any way against the gem shop stuff. Some of it I love and purchase. 2 times a year would be great. I don’t think asking for 2 sets of armor per year that we can earn in game is asking too much. We got the last few pieces early this year to finish off the 2 SW sets and then, nada y pues y pues nada.

Not getting stuff to play the game for doesn’t make me want to open up my wallet. The best way to get me to open my wallet is release content and store stuff to go along with said content. You guys are dropping the ball big time.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Their armor design has become so blatantly sexist.

Where there is no cloth on females, they just lazily add some discordantspraypainted clothing pattern on the male.

I’m getting quite sick of it, this game seems like Korean propaganda right now with doll like, hypersexualized females and a completely opposite reaction for male armor design.

Just make the kitten outfit gender restricted if you’re not even going to bother to design armor with men in mind anymore, designing for women first and then making some shoddy last minute adaptation for the male.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

serenke.4806

Hypersexualized females? What the actual … nvm.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

It’d be nice to get a light, medium, and heavy armor set that we could earn for doing in game stuff every once in a while. I am not in any way against the gem shop stuff. Some of it I love and purchase. 2 times a year would be great. I don’t think asking for 2 sets of armor per year that we can earn in game is asking too much. We got the last few pieces early this year to finish off the 2 SW sets and then, nada y pues y pues nada.

Not getting stuff to play the game for doesn’t make me want to open up my wallet. The best way to get me to open my wallet is release content and store stuff to go along with said content. You guys are dropping the ball big time.

IIRC they’ve already said that from now on armor will be earned in-game and there will only be outfits on the gem store.

There’s new armor coming with the expansion, just like the rest of the new content.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: tramwajarz.2369

tramwajarz.2369

It’s awful.
It’s outfit.
No money.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

serenke.4806

It’s awful.
It’s outfit.
No money.

That’s the spirit. Stand by your principles.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Zenith.7301

IIRC they’ve already said that from now on armor will be earned in-game and there will only be outfits on the gem store.

There’s new armor coming with the expansion, just like the rest of the new content.

Problem is they release “new armor” let alone weapons every other century while outfits and BLC ticket weapons happen to come out on a monthly basis.

And what minimal weapons/armor they do release achievable through the game, it’s either awful RNG or braindead open world farming not remotely tied to dungeons or fractals.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Krolisia.6102

Krolisia.6102

Memory of dervish avatar skills from Guild Wars 1 (just different colours), i won’t be suprised if we will get all of them *yawn , nothing fresh:

Attachments:

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Memory of dervish avatar skills from Guild Wars 1 (just different colours), i won’t be suprised if we will get all of them *yawn , nothing fresh:

Grenth for my necro, you bet i’m gonna get it.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

serenke.4806

The Lyssa one – while terrible in GW1 – could be nice if GW2-ified.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I must give applause to the people that worked on the Dwayna’s Regalia outfit. Love, love, love it. Had to get it for my Mesmer. Now she looks fierce!

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Im not against all this fancy god costumes but come on Anet, all they do is hide cowering like meow while the plant dragon is awoken.
Is there any chance i can wear Gaheron God Form in near future? i saw plenty concept art out there,why no love on that ambitious Charr? so i can burn plant dragon easily. Oh and make it armor set(see. Legacy Armor skin set) for some mix and match, i dislike costumes feels like clown when fighting a dragon. (no offense)

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Hypersexualized females? What the actual … nvm.

Yeah, I don’t really see them as hypersexualised, either.

Not compared with some other games, anyway.

I would describe them as mildly sexy, at most.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I love this outfit, thank you Anet!!!
My Norn female seemed extremely happy.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

Always happy to see more sexy female outfits. Just wish I had the money right now to get it ;_;

(edited by CrimsonDX.4821)

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Always happy to see more sexy female outfits. Just wish I had the money right now to get it ;_;

It should be there for a while.

Farm, farm like there’s no tomorrow. I hear Bloodtide Coast’s maize balm farm is good. XD

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Oh boy. Another chance to sink character artist man-hours into something I’d pay money for piddled away by locking it together as yet another outfit.

I will PAY you for armor. Outfits, never.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I’m not the one who will immediately buy any outfit off the store right on the release day, but this Dwayna outfit (and the Exemplar one) is extremely well done that I have to have it.

Good job, Anet!

Attachments:

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Their armor design has become so blatantly sexist.

Where there is no cloth on females, they just lazily add some discordantspraypainted clothing pattern on the male.

I’m getting quite sick of it, this game seems like Korean propaganda right now with doll like, hypersexualized females and a completely opposite reaction for male armor design.

Just make the kitten outfit gender restricted if you’re not even going to bother to design armor with men in mind anymore, designing for women first and then making some shoddy last minute adaptation for the male.

My feelings exactly. The Male version is so pathetic it’s insulting. Whatever though, gets no money from me, which they seem fine with.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Sweet lord, the boob action on that Lyssa outfit though…

My pontoonamentalist is ready.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Archdruidess.5143

Archdruidess.5143

I wanted to chime in and thank Anet for putting in an outfit with different hair! I’ve personally always been a bit “meh” to wear the old hats and such that just eliminated your character’s hair completely – either hiding it with a flap (pirate hat) or making you bald (witch/wizard hat/GW2 cap for example.)

Always wanted a hat or outfit with a different hair style that could either be dyed or was set to match the color choice of your character’s hair. Thanks for that!

(I only wish it were simple to go back and add bits of hair to the older outfits/hats.)

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Im not against all this fancy god costumes but come on Anet, all they do is hide cowering like meow while the plant dragon is awoken.
Is there any chance i can wear Gaheron God Form in near future? i saw plenty concept art out there,why no love on that ambitious Charr? so i can burn plant dragon easily. Oh and make it armor set(see. Legacy Armor skin set) for some mix and match, i dislike costumes feels like clown when fighting a dragon. (no offense)

Because he was a loon who attempted to subjugate the charr as a ‘god’. We proved he wasn’t.

He’s dead now and you can have the spoils of his stuff (armor and weapons) from the dungeon vendor in LA.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Problem is they release “new armor” let alone weapons every other century while outfits and BLC ticket weapons happen to come out on a monthly basis.

And what minimal weapons/armor they do release achievable through the game, it’s either awful RNG or braindead open world farming not remotely tied to dungeons or fractals.

I don’t know why you put “new armor” in scare quotes, but multiple armor sets have already been datamined, presumably for HoT.

Also dungeons already have associated weapon and armor sets (and fractals have a weapon set as well).

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Once again, it looks like they just got bored by the time they got to the female boots. How do boots that clunky fit with the rest of the aesthetic?

Women do wear chunky boots with more feminine clothes.

…and vice versa.

In fact, I think it’s more typical to mix stuff up like that, than to wear outfits where everything is super-feminine.

Almost nothing you said pertains to my original statement about the lazy design on the boots…

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I’m honestly not a fan of the Dwayna outfit, especially not the part with the character’s crack showing through the back on female characters, however, what I would like to know is why this one couldn’t be made as an armor set instead of an outfit. Or, at the very least, to be made as an armor set and an outfit.

If you look at the female version in particular, it is clearly made out of separate, distinct pieces. It doesn’t look like it would have been difficult to separate those pieces into armor pieces, like gloves, head gear, boots, leggings, etc. At least then you could use parts of it that you liked (for example, the cape part would be cool as a shoulder piece to mix with other armor pieces).

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Zenith.7301

I don’t know why you put “new armor” in scare quotes, but multiple armor sets have already been datamined, presumably for HoT.

Also dungeons already have associated weapon and armor sets (and fractals have a weapon set as well).

I hope you realize how old dungeons and fractals actually are. We are talking a scale of 2+ years. After that it’s been the Luminiscent armor, a single armor set obtainable via PvE after 2 years.

Fractal weaponset has the same timeline.

The ration of armor and weaponsets introduced via the game vs. cash shop/BLC ticket scraps is entirely lopsided.

But keep white knighting all you want.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

serenke.4806

One thing i’ve noticed is, this outfit actually glitches with itself at the belly (on human females definitely, have to check it on others when i get home). Seems like the outfit applies the skin colour or some incoming light differently to the upper and lower body parts thus creating a quite visible line…

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

One thing i’ve noticed is, this outfit actually glitches with itself at the belly (on human females definitely, have to check it on others when i get home). Seems like the outfit applies the skin colour or some incoming light differently to the upper and lower body parts thus creating a quite visible line…

Looks bad on male lower parts aswell (Max shader settings), the clothing, not the same as upper, much more “shinny”. I changed shader to medium and then it disaperd. I mean how can you miss that as a designer?

“Death is just another path”

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Anet,do you test stuff ? Try wearing it with a shield….. Ridiculous.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

I don’t like it.

Also, most outfits clip. They need to do something about that. Mad scientist clips too.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I don’t like it.

Also, most outfits clip. They need to do something about that. Mad scientist clips too.

True,i have mad scientist aswell,my hair clips a bit but nothing major.But this set shouldn’t even be released with such horrid clipping going on..i’ll post a shot later with shield.That new backpack fits so good…lol.

Attachments:

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Dwayna's Regalia Outfit

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

why the male version don’t shows the abs?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

(edited by Amadan.9451)