Dyeable weapons?

Dyeable weapons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

I wish we could dye our weapons. So many times I preview a weapon and love the style but color just does not “go” with the overall look of my characters. With all the dye options we have, we can pretty much create very unique armor looks, yet the weapons limit the final look.

This may not be important to some people but a lot of us spend a great deal of time and effort in looking our best

Will this ever be an in game option?

Dyeable weapons?

Posted by: BlackLotus.8349

BlackLotus.8349

I agree, it’s one of many features I miss about GW 1. Luckily this one should be more doable than others if the devs want to.

Dyeable weapons?

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I and many others have suggested this many times. This post will most likely be moved to the very place the other ones were in the suggestions section.
I agree wholeheartedly.
Cash shop item allowing player to dye/stain the weapon’s parts while leaving the particle effects (if any) alone.
The item allows the player to unlock the ability to dye/stain a single weapon as many times as they want to, and with whatever color they have unlocked. Doing so makes it account bound (not soul bound).

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I would love to see this as a free option. I just don’t see that happening.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Dyeable weapons?

Mala.3861

I and many others have suggested this many times. This post will most likely be moved to the very place the other ones were in the suggestions section.
I agree wholeheartedly.
Cash shop item allowing player to dye/stain the weapon’s parts while leaving the particle effects (if any) alone.
The item allows the player to unlock the ability to dye/stain a single weapon as many times as they want to, and with whatever color they have unlocked. Doing so makes it account bound (not soul bound).

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I would love to see this as a free option. I just don’t see that happening.

Well, I did a search on this forum and only found one back in October. Didn’t even think to go to suggestion forum. That is where ideas go to dye, right? (yeah that was intended LOL)

Dyeable weapons?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s mentioned a few times in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/What-GW1-feature-would-you-bring-to-GW2/first

So, maybe you can post there, and it won’t ‘dye’ as soon. =)

Dyeable weapons?

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Yeap, I’d love to see this feature return.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Dyeable weapons?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

This is something I would love, HOWEVER it is something that (if I understood correctly) is unlikely to affect older items, only new ones.

I had someone explain to me how dyable armor/weapons are done code/design wise, and it seems to me that if it wasn’t originally designed with that purpose that it would be VERY difficult to go back and change an item for it. :-\

That said, I hope future items have it done to them!

Dyeable weapons?

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

How will the dye’d weapons affect weapons with particle effects?

I can see it now… black sparkles coming from my princess wand

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Dyeable weapons?

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

This would be a fantastic thing and something that would add a lot more variety to the looks in the world and would compliment the best dyeing system in gaming today! Count me in as a full supporter of this idea, heck I’d even pay for the dyes in the gem store to get the right look! Don’t mistake that statement with RNG because that would defeat the purpose altogether.
Heck why not even add these to crafting which would add some value back to that whole system?

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Dyeable weapons?

Mala.3861

Soon! Coming to a Gem Store near you!

Seriously?

Wishful thinking?

Sarcasm?

Dyeable weapons?

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Is this on the radar really?

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??