E = ?

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

and dont say mc squared lol. I seen a thread somewhere where people were trying to figure out who signed some letters as E. My thoughts are it could be Scholar Ela Makkay. She’s been in living story quite a bit. She hasnt had any huge roles but maybe she is sitting back and working from the sidelines.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Field_Reporter_Ela

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Some people have theorized…

Evon Gnashblade.
Ellen Kiel.

I would rule out Evon though, since he’s a Charr, and “E” was a human form.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I guess it’s just some sort of Mister E…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Some say he’s the charr who runs the Black Lion Trading Company.
Others say he’s actually the new female Captain in Lion’s Arch.

All we know is we call him the Stig “Mr. E.”

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Well he is really nice agent or somewhere close to Scarlet. Maybe a double agent that works with Scarlet just to know her plans and warn Marjory and who knows maybe some other people

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Who says “E” is just one person?

Personally, I think it could easily be a persona made by the Order of Whispers to help guide people into dealing with problems.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Mugiwara Luffy.1087

Mugiwara Luffy.1087

E = mc2

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Krugan.7901

Krugan.7901

Ember Doomforge?

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

“E” might have nothing to do with the character’s real name and just be there to throw us off.

Whoever it is, they’re likely going to be the fifth member of the new Destiny’s Edge. Since they’ve already got a charr, a norn and two humans, E is most likely an asura or sylvari. I’m betting asura; probably someone who knew Scarlett while she was attending the three colleges.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

“E” might have nothing to do with the character’s real name and just be there to throw us off.

Whoever it is, they’re likely going to be the fifth member of the new Destiny’s Edge. Since they’ve already got a charr, a norn and two humans, E is most likely an asura or sylvari. I’m betting asura; probably someone who knew Scarlett while she was attending the three colleges.

You make a good point. Reading that, I expect a plot twist and it will be…

C"E"ara.
[Dramatic music]

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Kapax.3801

Kapax.3801

E=mc2, first nuclear bomb… scarlett is creating some kind of nuclear bomb…
would be a perfect twist xD

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I think Anet has forgotten about that plot point.

And if not, they’ve done a terrible job with it because it was a big mystery when E first appeared and by now, with not even small forward progress with (or even reminders of) that plot line it’ll look stupid when it’s brought back.

E = ?

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

And if not, they’ve done a terrible job with it because it was a big mystery when E first appeared and by now, with not even small forward progress with (or even reminders of) that plot line it’ll look stupid when it’s brought back.

The story will always look stupid, or rushed, or an attempt at Chekov’s gun instead being pulled from somewhere best left unmentioned . . .

In general, people on the forum have about had it with the storyline and have turned into Waldorf and Statler. No matter what ANet does? They’re going to get tar’d and feather’d.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Marjory mentions him in the Dead End in Divinity’s Reach at the moment. I can’t remember exactly what she says, but ‘E’ sent her some information….so he’s still around.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

E=mc2, first nuclear bomb… scarlett is creating some kind of nuclear bomb…
would be a perfect twist xD

Just only that E=mc2 has absolutely nothing to do with nuclear bombs >.>

E=mc2 is Albert Einsteins formular for is world known theory about relativity, and that is PHYSICS, not CHEMISTRY.

His Relativity Theory was all about timespace continuums, gravitation and the speed of light, not about the theory how to nuke the world best into a quadrogazillion-superbillion pieces

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

I theorize that it is the last sane remnants of Scarlet’s former personality trying it’s best to stop her, but Scarlet herself has enough sway to prevent these remnants from actually telling that it is Scarlet’s former personality so it is forcing these letters to be signed in the cryptic way that they are.

Or maybe it is Evon Gnashblade, Ellen Kiel, or an as of yet unintroduced person. Heck for all we know it’s a Mursaat.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I guess it’s just some sort of Mister E…

Mister E…
Ed
Mister ed!
it’s Eir!

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

livia…..at least i hope its her

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

My theory is that it is Evennia. After vanishing in the original GW, she somehow managed to prolong her life. Maybe now we’ll finally find out what happened after she vanished.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Mr. E will end up being just another character that Anet completely forgets about. Like Evennia, the mysterious stranger during Zinn’s Task and the “he” from HotM.

E = ?

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Mr. E will end up being just another character that Anet completely forgets about. Like Evennia, the mysterious stranger during Zinn’s Task and the “he” from HotM.

“HotM”?

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Marjory mentions him in the Dead End in Divinity’s Reach at the moment. I can’t remember exactly what she says, but ‘E’ sent her some information….so he’s still around.

Marjory: Our mystery man has been in touch.

Kasmeer: You mean E? What’d he want?

Marjory: To warn us, it seems. He says there’s a war coming to our doorsteps, a war for all of Tyria.

Kasmeer: I don’t suppose he could be any more mysterious, could he?

Marjory: I agree. I don’t think he was trying hard enough.

If you chat with Marjory she mentions that they don’t even know if he really is a he.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Bellyboomer.3048

Bellyboomer.3048

If a new destiny’s edge is forming (which I would find rather lame btw) then I’d say Kasmeer will die, Canach will be the sylvari and we’re still short one Asura. Although Dessa is an important character…

Mere speculation of course.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

(s)There is a new asura character joining the Living Story cast in the coming update. He might be Mr. E.(/s) I misread the article. The writer wrote “he” and then in brackets “or she” and I missed that part as I was in a rush to read all the news released at the time. Turns out to be another female (at this point I expect Mr E to be female as well and the deep voice comment was intended to be deliberately misleading).

Johanson also confirmed that players will meet up with popular recurring characters Rox, Braham, Marjory, and Kasmeer in this update. A new character will also be joining them, and although his (or her) identity is still under wraps, we were told that the character is an Asura, has never appeared before in the story, and is a “very different sort of person.” This will be welcome news for Asura fans who have missed their presence as major characters, so let imaginations run wild!

As far as people hoping the Living Story cast aren’t going to be a new DE, there was a livestream last week(?) where they basically confirm that Kasmeer, Marjory, Rox and Braham are intended to be the Living Story replacements for Destiny’s Edge. The story team internally call Destiny’s Edge the “Iconics” and the Living Story cast the “Biconics” (not sure where the bi comes from, I suspect it’s because they are the second iconics?). It’s still possible Kasmeer will die (they would intentionally lead us to believe she’s a main cast member to avoid spoiling her death) but I doubt it will happen. Canach is unlikely to be a new member (imo) because they specifically stated he is a secondary character (along with Ellen Kiel) but he will be returning in a future release.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

E = M.C. Hammer

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: mginn.4502

mginn.4502

It’s actually quite clear. It’s staring us in the face. Follow along…

Mr. E —> Mystery --> Mystery synonym is Enigma —> E Nigma --> Edward Nigma —> We’re getting a Jim Carrey as The Riddler style character to combat Harley Qui…errr Scarlet Briar!

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Dalent.9358

Dalent.9358

What letters are you guys talking about? I haven’t seen anything about this.

Akurn – Asura Necromancer
Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Just only that E=mc2 has absolutely nothing to do with nuclear bombs >.>

E=mc2 is Albert Einsteins formular for is world known theory about relativity, and that is PHYSICS, not CHEMISTRY.

His Relativity Theory was all about timespace continuums, gravitation and the speed of light, not about the theory how to nuke the world best into a quadrogazillion-superbillion pieces

Actually, while “E=MC2” is, indeed, physics, the equation itself and what it represents (i.e.: mass-energy equivalence) was fundamental for the development of nuclear physics and crucial for the creation of the atomic bomb.

Then again nuclear bombs are, mostly, the work of physics, not chemistry either… So… Not sure what you’re getting at…

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Shadeofgrey.3065

Shadeofgrey.3065

I do hope it is something to do with the Order of Whispers, whether it’s a collective persona or some mysterious pseudonym of someone. All this pact business has been much too overt for my tastes.

E = ?

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I do hope it is something to do with the Order of Whispers, whether it’s a collective persona or some mysterious pseudonym of someone. All this pact business has been much too overt for my tastes.

That is rather the point of the Pact. To make a show of unity, fighting the dragons and their minions as one rather than separately.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I have two theories concerning the identity of E.

1. Evon Gnashblade.
I noticed both Ellen Kiel and Evon Gnashblade have first names starting with the letter “E”. I think the election was secretly a double one, leading one of the two to become the new member of the Captain’s Council, and the other one retroactively being Marjory’s secret contact all along. Kiel won the election, so Evon is now (retroactively) Marjory’s “benefactor”.

2. The new asura character that is to be introduced in next week’s update. Because the identity of E would be a decent way to introduce a new major character to the team of Marjory, Kasmeer, Braham and Rox.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Don’t joke Sylvari we know is already Caneth

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

What letters are you guys talking about? I haven’t seen anything about this.

During Dragon Bash I think it is, perhaps sooner, the players began getting letters from Mr. E. He helped point us in the direction of Marjory in order to figure out who killed one of the Lions Arch Council Members.

A couple examples are below.

E

Seek out Marjory Delaqua

<Player name>,

The situation has worsened. One of the Lion’s Arch councillors, Theo Ashford, has succumbed to his wounds. The Lionguard is keeping the new quiet while the festival continues, but they’re overwhelmed trying to maintain security in the city. At this very moment, a killer walks free, and this cannot be allowed.

Go to Divinity’s Reach, to the Eastern Commons. There, in a back alley bar called the Dead End, you’ll find one of the best investigative minds in Tyria, Marjory Delaqua. She will need your help to find those behind the councillor’s death. Tell her E sent you. Work with her, sift through the clues, and solve the crime.

I will surely contact you again,

—E
[Find Marjory Delaqua in the Dead End bar, Eastern Commons, Divinity’s Reach.]

[Show Me]
Seek out Marjory Delaqua

Listen closely. There are forces at work in this city, in this world, that will take us all down if we let them. Together, you and I can make a difference.

— “E”
80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

E = ?

in Living World

Delvoire.8930

Actually.. I’ve just read through Marjory’s Short Story that was posted to the site some time ago. You can find it on the Wiki if you’d like. The part that’s interesting is with E. Please read below.

I stood slowly, and as I reached my full height, a body came up gently behind me. Arms wrapped so intimately around me that my fight or flight instincts never kicked in. Then, a knife appeared at my throat.

I froze. When you’ve been had, there’s not much you can do but listen.

A deep voice whispered next to my ear, “Calm.” I sensed no necromantic power radiating from my captor. This was someone different. “The man you’re chasing is Kraig the Bleak. Magic for hire. You’ll probably never see him again.”

I asked, “Who are you?”

“Listen closely,” the deep voice said. “There are forces at work in this city, in this world, that will take us all down if we let them. Together, you and I can make a difference.”

My body was relaxing, senses expanding, and I’d finally caught my breath. “And what a positive start to our relationship.” My sense of humor was even returning.

“One you won’t forget. I’ll be in touch. You can call me E.”

Before I knew it, I was released, throat intact. I spun around, but no one was there. My captor—E—had left me standing, alone, on a moonless night, at the edge of a cobblestone street that smelled of rotting vegetables and dog droppings, and all I could think was, I need a new job.

From this, E seems to be a Human Male. At least that’s my best guess.

(edited by Delvoire.8930)

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

E = 5th letter of the alphabet
5 = Roman numeral V
5th room at Infinite Coil Reactor, aka ‘Zone Green’, ties to jungle dragon energy (Mordremoth?)= Missing it’s minion.

It’s ‘V for Vinedetta’

E = ?

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

E = 5th letter of the alphabet
5 = Roman numeral V
5th room at Infinite Coil Reactor, aka ‘Zone Green’, ties to jungle dragon energy (Mordremoth?)= Missing it’s minion.

It’s ‘V for Vinedetta’

You’re doing it wrong . . .

E is the fifth letter of the alphabet.
There were five human gods, but now are six.
Cantha has six letters.

Cantha confirmed.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Actually… E = 3 backwards…

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Actually… E = 3 backwards…

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

actually there is a different letter bound to that, the 3 is just simple talk. (sadly the forum doesn’t accept the ASCII code)

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: JGBarbarian.3579

JGBarbarian.3579

I say Kasmeer, she is not what she looks like (mesmer :P). Besides, read again this part (Marjory´s story):

“…a body came up gently behind me. Arms wrapped so intimately around me that my fight or flight instincts never kicked in. Then, a knife appeared at my throat.”

" I sensed no necromantic power radiating from my captor. This was someone different."

“Together, you and I can make a difference.” (E to Marjory). Maybe they are more together than Jory realizes

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

Hmmmmm, I think I’ve figured it out….

Elona starts with the letter “E”

Mr. E……

ELONA EXPANSION CONFIRMED!!!!!

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

I bet/hope E is Evon Gnashblade. It would’ve made the whole election part a lot more interesting if, without us knowing, he had a part in it before he fully appeared. Ellen already had a part in it on screen.

People also forget Evon Gnashblade is Ash, and someone from Ash Legion can be just as cunning with retrieving information and stealth as someone from Order of Whispers. It makes sense for him to have a large network of information gatherers working under him, especially as it would aid him in the Black Lion Company.

As mentioned, I doubt Evon would go out and get all info by himself. He most likely makes deals and hires people to gather the information, and since he runs the most successful business, he has all the money he needs to make it possible.

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

E= Eleanor Roosevelt? Why not? they had an entire arc devoted to politics…

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

-E is the first letter of Elona, and the fifth letter in the alphabet.
-Elona has five letters in it, 5 + 12 + 15 + 14 + 1 = 47
-There were 47 Ronin in Japan, and Cantha is Tyria’s version of Japan.
-Cantha has 6 letters in it, 3 + 1 + 14 + 20 + 8 + 1 = 39
-in Survivor, contestants compete for 39 days
-The first season of survivor started in the year 2000
-2000 was when Arenanet was founded.
-Arenanet’s original name was Triforge Inc.
-The Tri in Triforge, means 3 of something.
-The new Wurm world boss getting released tomorrow has 3 of something….3 heads.
-There are 2 new World Bosses in the Living World release.
-So far, there has been 25 Living World releases.
-25 -2 = 23……Wait 23?!? No, that’s just a coincidence….
-23 is the number of the most popular Psalm in the Bible.
-The first sentence of the Psalm says “The Lord is my shepherd”
-That phrase has 5 words in it.
-There are 5 Major Races on Tyria.
- All 5 Races have access to 8 different Professions.
- 8 – 5 = 3.
- Half-Life 3 Confirmed!!!

Also, I bet E is someone that no one has guessed yet, the only reason why Anet used that letter was so people could spend half a year speculating it was Ellen or Evon only to find out it was someone else.

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

E = ?

in Living World

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

- 8 – 5 = 3.

Also, I bet E is someone that no one has guessed yet, the only reason why Anet used that letter was so people could spend half a year speculating it was Ellen or Evon only to find out it was someone else.

Nice BSing, though I wonder where you got the additional numbers thrown in there

E = ?

in Living World

Chrispy.5641

- 8 – 5 = 3.

Nice BSing, though I wonder where you got the additional numbers thrown in there

and What additional Numbers? I said that ::

Elona has 5 letters. If you remember the first line when I said that E is the fifth letter, then match all the letters to the proper number according to their order in the alphabet.
E =5, L = 12, O = 15, N =14, A = 1, all together, it equals 47.

Of course its just a bunch of random numbers, but, its the Loads and Loads of bull that makes all these crazy half-life 3 calculations worth it!

E = ?

in Living World

Delvoire.8930

I don’t understand why everyone wants Half-Life 3 so bad?

E = ?

in Living World

Chrispy.5641

There’s 9 words in your statement as well as the number 3.
9 / 3 = 3
…Half-Life 3 Confirmed!!!!

This might explain it to you better ::: url=http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/half-life-3-confirmed

E = ?

in Living World

Delvoire.8930

9 / 3 = 3

This might explain it to you better ::: url=http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/half-life-3-confirmed

Hmm.. I’m guessing Half-Life must be a good game then?

E = ?

in Living World

Chrispy.5641

9 / 3 = 3

Even if you hate First Person Shooters with such a passion that you would submit to our Ursine overlords and get your face mauled by a Panda, a Grizzley, and a Polar bear in the same day, you’ll probably atleast like half-life 2.

Also, after reading those two recent gw2 interviews that were posted (find the links here :: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Jan-21-Interview-with-Colin-Mike-Z), it turns out that here are 3 major parts of today’s release. The Jungle Wurm, Gypsy Scarlet, and something we have to find out on our own….maybe the identity of Mr. E?!?!?…..doubt it, but it will be fun to think about for the next few hours!

E = ?

in Living World

Delvoire.8930

9 / 3 = 3

Even if you hate First Person Shooters with such a passion that you would submit to our Ursine overlords and get your face mauled by a Panda, a Grizzley, and a Polar bear in the same day, you’ll probably atleast like half-life 2.

Also, after reading those two recent gw2 interviews that were posted (find the links here :: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Jan-21-Interview-with-Colin-Mike-Z), it turns out that here are 3 major parts of today’s release. The Jungle Wurm, Gypsy Scarlet, and something we have to find out on our own….maybe the identity of Mr. E?!?!?…..doubt it, but it will be fun to think about for the next few hours!

Also.. 3 things in the update?

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

Now i get it