Earning gold

Earning gold

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Are there faster, better ways to do it? Or am I SOL and have to buy gems to trade for gold?

I haven’t been playing long but I’ve been concerned for when I reach level 80 because there’s a set of cultural gear I would really like but it costs a total of 119g… And I have 14 at the moment. I’m almost certain once I get that gear I’ll be making more gold than I know what to do with, but for now I’m almost broke and more than halfway to 80 on the character I want this gear on. So any suggestions on how I could make some $$$ faster would be really appreciated.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Earning gold

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

/Troll mode on

You’re supposed to farm after you reached level 80… for a few weeks.

/Troll mode off

^that was actually the truth.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Earning gold

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

you wont make more gold with better gear……

farm farm farm farm until your eyes bleed and maybe you get 10g a day lol

also TP prices are junk so you cant make any real gold there fast.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Earning gold

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

craft and sell ascended components, they are time gated so sells good and for high price. downside, some investment required for 500lvl crafting

kill all ze thingz

Earning gold

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

craft and sell ascended components, they are time gated so sells good and for high price. downside, some investment required for 500lvl crafting

Wasn’t worth it last time I checked (2 weeks ago). I looked at prices and you lose about 2g by selling deldrimor ingots and/or spiritwood planks.

(edited by Hurrakan.4259)

Earning gold

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Just make dungeon runs, sell all the items you gain, profit. You can make easy 10g/day.
Also go every day to orr to farm high lv mats.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Earning gold

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Option A:Grind
Option B:Grind
Option C:Grind
OptionGrind
Option E:Loop A to D

Earning gold

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

Decide which you would prefer to do more for an evening, grind in game currency by farming in game or get a bar job do that each evening and buy gems with the pay.

Either route will get u the gold for your cultural armour tho only one of the routes will give u a reasonable chance of getting laid also.

Lurch
Gandara

Earning gold

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Lmfao, i dont mean to sound elitist but dude, worry about that when youre on 80, and yeah if you go for a legendary that like 1500g

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Earning gold

Posted by: Lady Minuit.3186

Lady Minuit.3186

I found a way that works well for me:

• Gather all orichalcum and ancient wood nodes on all your characters (go to gw2nodes.com to help you);
  • Do your daily exploration dungeons paths (AC p1, p2; TA F, U; CoF p1; HoTW p1 are the easiest in my opinion) and exchange tokens for rares (lvl 68+) or exotics which you can salvage into ectos;
  • Watch gw2states.com or gw2stuff.com for world bosses to get daily chest rewards;
  • Do guild missions whenever you can for free rares;
  • Do champs trains in Queensdale (lower levels) or Frostgorge Sound (lvl. 80) when you’re done with everything else.

Repeat this every time you can and you will make money.

If possible get yourself a static group to help you with dungeons because it’s much easier with people that knows you.

Good luck!

Lady Minuit

(edited by Lady Minuit.3186)

Earning gold

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Alright, troll mode disabled.

Dungeons will earn you gold, tokens for gear. Save the money you would be spending on Exotic lvl 80 and instead get your exotic 80 gear via dungeons. Pro Tip: Until you do this, buy level 78 exotic for your temporary level 80 set. It’s barely more expensive than level 80 rares and has better stats. It’s also dropped and cheap , with a few exceptions (the items with overpriced Runes like the heavy helm has a Divinity).

If you can’t be bothered to do dungeons, when buying level 80 exotics, by the named sets if the stats are the same as what you need. Generally the named sets will save you 1-2g per piece.

Don’t bother with going out of your way to farm nodes. Do events that reward chests and daily bonus chests. Salvage anything you don’t need that doesn’t sell for much. The materials and ectos you get you can sell for the gold you need. Farm nodes as you move along.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Earning gold

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Grind forever for blues and greens, salvage all those to gain magic find which will net you even more blues and greens.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Earning gold

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

Decide which you would prefer to do more for an evening, grind in game currency by farming in game or get a bar job do that each evening and buy gems with the pay.

Either route will get u the gold for your cultural armour tho only one of the routes will give u a reasonable chance of getting laid also.

Define reasonable.

Earning gold

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Run the dungeon paths that take 10-15 minutes and you’ll make plenty of gold. CoE (All paths) CoF P1, SE P1, AC P1/3

You could wrap all those up in an hour and a half and make a really solid chunk of change, including plenty of things to salvage to get materials for crafting or selling.

Don’t let lazyness defeat you like it has so many others.

Earning gold

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

- Running dongeons with experienced people (for more rapidity) or with pugs (longer)
- Farming world bosses/temples (use a timer (gw2stuff) for that)
- Orichalcum/Ancient Wood runs (use a map (gw2nodes) for that)

You can combine many of these if you have a lot of time to increase your gold faster. If you have multiple lvl 80, get each of them to Frostgorge, Southsun, Malchor’s and Cursed Shore and you will be able to run ori/ancient with each of those characters. I’m currently with 5 80’s and it’s netting me about 25 G in 1 hour and half (maybe 2 hours if the maps are horrible) and I do boss events whenever possible. I can make around 30 G in one evening.

Not hard, just tedious and boring at some point.

Earning gold

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I don’t farm. I don’t run endless path X of dungeon Y. I still manage to make gold in my playing. Do lvl 78-80 events, gather when you feel like it.

Yes, I have been known to do the champ train thing, but only because I only had a short time to play and it was something to do relatively quickly and relatively rewarding for my time, but I don’t make it a job that I have to go do 8 hours a day.

In the end, I make somewhere between 5-10g a day (not all day, just my couple hours play time) and I bank most of it instead of buying that new shiney.

This may not be for you, but it’s what I do.

Good luck to you.

Level 80 Elementalist

Earning gold

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Huh, took a while, but got up to 100+ gold not really doing anything special, then decided to level crafting and a new toon, its gone now. Well built it back up by 1/2. Never did anything “special” but the Champ runs that are out there and dungeon runs.

Thing is, once you’re geared up reasonably well, exotics around… There isn’t a lot to spend gold on, in fact a lot of exotic armor sets can be had for “karma” on the cheap. I have over 1,000,000 Karma now with no idea what to spend it on.

Game really isn’t all that gold intensive, as long as you don’t want Ascended or Legendary gear.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

Earning gold

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’ve long thought it was crazy for them to make things like racial armor and faction armor cost gold in the first place. It’s not like we don’t have to use those for everything else like expensive superior runesets for example.

They really just need to do to the armor sets what they did to the cultural weapons sets and make them available for karma at least then they will be uniformally available to both new and old players. I also would love to see them change them to actually be more like guild armors instead of having useless stats on them that no one ever uses, make them cosmetic items that don’t need crystals to transform level 80 armor pieces.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Earning gold

Posted by: Necrochild.1497

Necrochild.1497

I’ve long thought it was crazy for them to make things like racial armor and faction armor cost gold in the first place.

They are a Goldsink, and one done right, optional and cosmetic-only.

Earning gold

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I appreciate the advice, everyone. As for those who have asked/mentioned the effectiveness of the gear, I’m after it for aesthetics. I find the majority of the medium and heavy armors to be f_ck ugly and one of maybe 4 sets I actually like on my thief is a cultural set. I’m trying to make my character a ninja but for reasons beyond me there are only 2 sets of medium armor that AREN’T some form of trench coat. I enjoy long coats and all, they look awesome. But it just doesn’t work with a ninja…

I think the problem is that I spend most of my time in World vs World and I don’t make a whole lot of cash because our server isn’t frequently kicking kitten . Sometimes we do but it’s not an every day thing. And since I’ve only started playing about 3 weeks ago I haven’t done much farming either. So, I imagine once I’ve been playing a while longer I’ll make some more gold. I hope, anyway…

Earning gold

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

Work.

I’m serious, let’s assume you live where I live and go by the minimum wage here: 8.43€ / hour for a 38 hour week.
Roughly estimated you’d need to work for 3 hours to buy a 25€ (Because € and $ are apparently equivalent) gem card netting you 2000 gems.
100 gems currently sell for 4g 25s according to gwspidy, meaning that 20 × 4.25= 85
To sum it up: 85g / 3 hours or 28g 33s / hour

A good farming standard is 10g / hour, which is obviously blown out of the water by the money buying method by a factor of nearly 3.

In other words you’re better off not playing the game, just don’t forget to buy those gems, valued customer.

Earning gold

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

In all honesty, just hit every node / tree / grass root you see on map… Sell the mats. I made 14g just from selling basic materials last night… Ore / some wood sells for decent amounts. Also, I salvage all blues/greens for magic find and sell materials. I hate crafting, and the only way I will ever have an ascended is because I may get it as a drop. However, with my luck, I never see this happening.

I am also an altoholic, and because of this, I have 1 character almost fully geared. Still missing ascended earrings and only have a rare backpiece (the guild one). Besides that, run the daily dungeon paths that everyone else does. Problem with that is finding a party that doesn’t list Speed/Experienced only. Best of Luck…

As a WvW player 99% of my time playing, I am used to being broke, having almost no bag slots (max bag size besides starter bag is 15) and only a few bank tabs. I rely on drops to get me by, not much luck so far though, hoping this change to Magic Find will eventually pan out and bring me some good drops!

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Earning gold

tigirius.9014

I’ve long thought it was crazy for them to make things like racial armor and faction armor cost gold in the first place.

They are a Goldsink, and one done right, optional and cosmetic-only.

Not really when the entire game is a goldsink for everything it would cause 0 harm to the goldsink harmony to actually make these items a karma sink where there seriously is not enough of there are people with huge amounts of karma right now with nothing to do with them because even those Orr jewelry boxes are worthless.

Earning gold

tigirius.9014

Work.

I’m serious, let’s assume you live where I live and go by the minimum wage here: 8.43€ / hour for a 38 hour week.
Roughly estimated you’d need to work for 3 hours to buy a 25€ (Because € and $ are apparently equivalent) gem card netting you 2000 gems.
100 gems currently sell for 4g 25s according to gwspidy, meaning that 20 × 4.25= 85
To sum it up: 85g / 3 hours or 28g 33s / hour

A good farming standard is 10g / hour, which is obviously blown out of the water by the money buying method by a factor of nearly 3.

In other words you’re better off not playing the game, just don’t forget to buy those gems, valued customer.

That’s the other argument I have people say it’s easy to get gold constantly, not really not without spending gems I agree with you there.

You can’t run a single dungeon anymore, those who were doing the magic find thing are still getting the drops they used to however since mf has changed most people get the same drops now and people who were once getting nothing to drop no matter how hard they tried (ie like my account no matter how high my magic find was I had a permanent DR on my account most of the time in the previous months leading up to this change) who are now getting drops are only getting at most 20 silver off of maybe if I’m lucky 4 drops max every week so it’s really still a problem. They have too many gold sinks and not enough ways of actually making gold without cutting yourself off from making the most easily made exotic items and you still have to buy the T6 materials for many of the runes because they still aren’t dropping.

Earning gold

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I am also an altoholic, and because of this, I have 1 character almost fully geared.

Same problem. I’ve been playing for 3 weeks tops and I’ve made at least 12 characters… I only have 2 at the moment neither of which are 80. I like to play around with other builds too often and wind up being less productive doing low level stuff trying to grind the character rather than being more productive making a capped character better.

Earning gold

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

I found a way that works well for me:

• Gather all orichalcum and ancient wood nodes on all your characters (go to gw2nodes.com to help you);
  • Do your daily exploration dungeons paths (AC p1, p2; TA F, U; CoF p1; HoTW p1 are the easiest in my opinion) and exchange tokens for rares (lvl 68+) or exotics which you can salvage into ectos;
  • Watch gw2states.com or gw2stuff.com for world bosses to get daily chest rewards;
  • Do guild missions whenever you can for free rares;
  • Do champs trains in Queensdale (lower levels) or Frostgorge Sound (lvl. 80) when you’re done with everything else.

Repeat this every time you can and you will make money.

If possible get yourself a static group to help you with dungeons because it’s much easier with people that knows you.

Good luck!

I second this.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.