Ecto salvaging?

Ecto salvaging?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

I’ve gotten like 8 ectos from ~18 rares now. I know every time someone asks if something’s changed since a patch, they get laughed at and called names, but… is anyone out there still getting a reasonable level of ectos from rares?

I know, the plural of anecdotes isn’t evidence, but there sure are a lot of anecdotes about it in gchat.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Dunno I got like 10 ectos from 5 or 6 rares 2 days ago, last night I got 0 ectos from 3 rares. RNG FTW!

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It’s called RNG, nothing else is going on.

Salvaged one batch for 15 rares got 5 ectos. Salvaged the next batch got 20 ectos.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

25% is 25% each time not added up all together. Meaning the one before has nothing to do with the one after. If the first fails then there is still a 25% chances that the next will work as is the next and next.

There is an equation that you can work out the odds of getting x number of times something will work but i do not know it been a bit too long for taking a class on it. Anyone know it?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: codpin.6542

codpin.6542

There are days and there are… bad days. The worst was yesterday when from about 30 rares i got like 15 ectos. I’m starting to think it’s way more convenient to just sell those rares and buy ectos. At least this way i’m guaranteed a ratio of almost 1:1

Faith of Astora - Guardian | Faith Mess - Mesmer | Faith War - Warrior
Member of ASq Guild – Gandara [EU]

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

Saturday i got 1 ecto from my first 5 rares then the next 3 i got 8 ectos.
Overall:
Saturday 32 rares – 31 ectos
Sunday 28 rares – 39 ectos

Like everyone i have good days and bad days, but now rares are ‘common’ i dont mind the ratio.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

Did a test 100 rares – 168 ectos, also I’ve been asking guildies if they think they are low. That was not the case.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

I’ve noticed I’m getting more 0 ecto salvages. But then I’ve salvaged almost 4x the number of rares now than I ever have before so its to be expected.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’m getting reasonable amounts of ecto averaging >1 ecto per rare using a Master kit. This is a blatant case of RNG; nothing has changed, and if anything ever does, ANet promised it’d be in a change log.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: MangoMan.3218

MangoMan.3218

I’ve been getting plenty of ectos, but maybe I’ve just been getting lucky. Are you sure you’ve been using the right kind of salvage kit?

Just vanquishing the hate. | Ziios, TC
http://www.youtube.com/MangoMiner

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Cutler.6402

Cutler.6402

I salvage rares with nothing less than a Black Lion Salvage Kit with very good results.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I got 16 ectos from 9 rares with Mystic SK yesterday. you don’t see me complaining
anyways:
Mystic/Master SK = 0.9 ecto/rare
Black Lion SK = 1.25 ecto/rare
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/BL-S-Kits-vs-Master-Kits-Results-Ectos/first

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Yugurt.2601

Yugurt.2601

2 weeks ago I went through an Ecto dry spell where one day I broke down about 19 rares for 2 ecto. Last week I went through an incredible turnaround where I first got a total of 9 exotics in 1 day and I broke down a total of 60~ rares for about 80 ecto.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

When people get more than average, they are happy

When people get less than average, they grow incensed and complain. Then you hear more about it on the forums and that’s where conspiracy theories get started.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

I am like a RNG god or something lol. I get average 2 ecto/rare. So far over half the rares i have salvaged have gained me 3 ectos/rare. Some people have luck others really dont.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

I’m getting more than usual recently so I think you are just having bad luck.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Nothing unusual going on. You have your good days and your bad days.

Most of the time I will get 1 ecto. Sometimes I will go on a really bad streak and get nothing but other other days I will manage to get 15 ectos from 5 rares haha.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Sometimes I don’t get why people throw around the term RNG loosely and claim it’s either bad or good. For items of such low value and high probability, everyone ends up with roughly the same odds in a large enough sample size. Precursor on the other hand have much much lower probability and much higher price so the random factor (luck) actually plays a significant role.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

Sometimes I don’t get why people throw around the term RNG loosely and claim it’s either bad or good. For items of such low value and high probability, everyone ends up with roughly the same odds in a large enough sample size. Precursor on the other hand have much much lower probability and much higher price so the random factor (luck) actually plays a significant role.

Because RNG is exactly what the topic is about?

He noted a very small sample size and asked if something had changed due to less-than-desired results. RNG is the answer to the question.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Because RNG is exactly what the topic is about?

He noted a very small sample size and asked if something had changed due to less-than-desired results. RNG is the answer to the question.

Yes I know, but my question was why people think it is either bad or good for an item of such low value when everyone in the end will be getting an average of .9/ecto if you average the good days and bad days.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: CorruptedSave.2570

CorruptedSave.2570

It feels like I’ve been getting a lower amount, but I haven’t been playing much lately so it is hard for me to tell.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Out of a million players somebody has to get worst luck of the day.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I got 500 ecto from the TP ………really cheap!
But seriously no nerf it’s jus RNG doing its thing.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Stoneflesh.8634

Stoneflesh.8634

I seems just fine. I thought there was something going on aswell, because I had some really ‘bad days’ in a row.
But last couple of days are just fine.

got 29 ecto out of 25 rares with Master salvage kit, but also had 19 ecto out of 25 salvages.
Had days were I got 3 ecto out of 10+ salvages, also had days where I got 1 ecto minimal each salvage.

So yeah, just RNG and some bad luck.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

Ok, ppl might laugh at me but i`ll post it anyway. I`ve been having terrible luck with ectos for a very long time. Some might unearth the screenshots I posted (3 ecto out of 10 salvaged 80 rares, etc), I had at most 0,7 rate of salvage. Usually it was around 0.5. I blamed DR-cursed account. I tried to amass at least 40 rares and salvage them at once to even out RNG distribution. Nothing helped.

Then my roomie comes over and seeing as I bang my head on my keyboard suggests to do my salvages for me. Like, click instead of me so I can stop blaming my luck for once and blame him, for instance.

Well, darn. His salvage rates (on my computer, my account, my mouse – he basically just clicked) are over 1.0. Sometimes up to 1.2-1.3.
I now just blatantly use him to do the clicking. It works all the time. I have no idea how that is happening really. Just thought I`d share.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Sometimes I get 3 ectos from 5 rares in a row. Sometimes I get no ectos from 5 rares in a row. RNG stinks

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Stoneflesh.8634

Stoneflesh.8634

Ok, ppl might laugh at me but i`ll post it anyway. I`ve been having terrible luck with ectos for a very long time. Some might unearth the screenshots I posted (3 ecto out of 10 salvaged 80 rares, etc), I had at most 0,7 rate of salvage. Usually it was around 0.5. I blamed DR-cursed account. I tried to amass at least 40 rares and salvage them at once to even out RNG distribution. Nothing helped.

Then my roomie comes over and seeing as I bang my head on my keyboard suggests to do my salvages for me. Like, click instead of me so I can stop blaming my luck for once and blame him, for instance.

Well, darn. His salvage rates (on my computer, my account, my mouse – he basically just clicked) are over 1.0. Sometimes up to 1.2-1.3.
I now just blatantly use him to do the clicking. It works all the time. I have no idea how that is happening really. Just thought I`d share.

confirmation bias

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

confirmation bias

Sorry I am not a native speaker and the meaning of your comment eludes me.

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Sometimes I get 3 ectos from 5 rares in a row. Sometimes I get no ectos from 5 rares in a row. RNG stinks

I got 2 ectos for 20 rares using BL kits only.

RNG doesn’t just stink, it’s worse than that!

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

You must be horribly unlucky then I get ectos from most of the level 75+ rares I salvage using a Black lion salvage kit (I never bother with those of lower level than 75) and will likely keep doing so and getting ectos from most of the rares until Im out of BL salvage kits in which case I wont buy more but hope for them from dailies or black lion chests.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

(edited by Blackwolfe.5649)

Ecto salvaging?

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

This same discussion is going on this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-the-ecto-salvage-nerf/page/2#post1666492.

Please feel free to join in and share your opinions and feedback with the players psoting there.

Thanks for your understanding. This thread is closed.