Egg Injection

Egg Injection

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

What is this condition and what does it do?

It is coming from Champion Risen Spider.

Egg Injection

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Have you seen the Alien movies?

Ah, really, I dunno, that’s just the first thing that popped into my head.

Egg Injection

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

Egg Injection

Eggjection?

Egg Injection

Posted by: Furikake.4052

Furikake.4052

This is one of those horrbile unfun designs that can not be countered. The player just have to suffer the damage like those Karka effects.

At least in games like Left 4 Dead, Alien vs Predator, etc, the player can use the “interact” button or just use movement/jumping to shake off the attachments.

Those “new” implementations from Anet are really not fun at all. I totally lost my faith in this dev in this patch.

Egg Injection

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Those “new” implementations from Anet are really not fun at all. I totally lost my faith in this dev in this patch.

I’ve lost faith in the devs too. They obviously don’t play the game or test anything.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Egg Injection

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s my immune system’s weakness.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Egg Injection

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

The player just have to suffer the damage like those Karka effects.

The ones where you just had to dogde to get rid of it?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Egg Injection

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I had that thing a couple of times. Looked like a bunch of green balloons. It did not last long and I didn’t notice it causing damage.

Egg Injection

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

I had that thing a couple of times. Looked like a bunch of green balloons. It did not last long and I didn’t notice it causing damage.

In real life or in the game (or both?)?

Egg Injection

Posted by: Furikake.4052

Furikake.4052

This is what went wrong with preventing the egg injection.

To begin with, the champion risen spider has bad animations because the pull, the egg-laying, etc, they all look the same.

As another important fact, the champion usually come with lots of spell effects on it, turning into a white blob, and blocking the animations.

Also, this is not a lone mob like Lupicus where a player gets to spend all defensive resources on just one single mob. The champion spider mostly shows up in a scaled-up event, meaning there’re other scaled-up mobs at the same time to starve a player’s resources.

Moreover, the champion spider spawns multiple veteran hatchlings that immobilize constantly to shut down dodging. Blocking works but not all professions have the access. How about hard CC? It’s a joke to coordinate a pug in an open world event to remove defiant stacks. Removing the immobilization at the cast of egg injection and then dodging might work, but not every condition removal is instantly activated and the timing will be off. Removing the immobilization immediately is wastful since other hatchlings will re-apply it. How about preventing getting immobilized in the very first place? Good luck spotting those tiny animations in a sea of ppl and effects.

Lastly, in a scaled-up event where mobs are hidden in culling, fight what cannot be fought?

So, dodge the egg injection you say? Only if it was a single-player soloing encounter.

Answer this, humming bird. How does one cheese a player? Ambiguous animations blocked by spell effects plus culling.

If remaking animations/effects is costly and impractical for a company, how about a fun, actiony work-around? Like the philosophy behind the downed state, implement a recuperation for a failed prevention.

Make each jump stop the next tick of egg injection, so a player will have to keep jumping for the duration. See how much praise there is for the design, when ppl found out the shockwaves in Molten Facility could be jumped over ranther than dodged like a true action game?

Or use shuffling to shake off the eggs by rapidly pressing left an right for certain times.

Or just plain silly and type /dance to remove the effect.

Egg Injection

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

In real life or in the game (or both?)?

No green ballons have attacked me yet in reality.