Ele and Engi weapon swap OOC

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Read the post in the engineer forums about weapon swapping. Our weapons aren’t really range dependent, run almost entirely separate builds, and aren’t as important overall as eles (we use kits). So, no. In fact since many engineers use weapon swap as drop bundle it could just impede running around.

how? all classes have bundles – environmental weapons are everywhere. The current weapon swap key will just cause you to drop the bundle and revert to your previous weapon set.

also, while i agree that engy weapons are less important with their kits, that’s not the same as them being not important. Hell, i’d love this on my engi just so i can switch to rifle for #5 without having to pull up my inv screen/the hero panel.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

and here I was using the inventory screen to swap weapons. you know you can minimize by bag right?

although i’m not using ascended weapons, maybe anet should include ascended to exotic bags. Or add ascended only bags

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I’m surprised people are so against a change that doesn’t affect balance…

Well since one of the arguments was about special treatment, how about we just introduce the ability to save/load your equipment and builds?

Posted by: Nullmatter.9605

Nullmatter.9605

Greetings again.

1) Thanks for the feedback.
2) Some rants were valid and i can appreciate the idea behind it.
3) The idea behind this post was to find out how people felt on the topic. Im glad to see that some Ele’s have the same frustration as myself.
4) Please refer to the line where it states that this change should in no means change or break or make Ele’s or Engi’s more powerful in any way.

So here is what I gathered.

1) The main pain ele(Mostly) and engi(less so) players experience is the fact that when swapping weapons OOC the weapon end up in some obscure place in the inventory. Personally this is one of the reasons i made this post. I have a legendary dagger and a exotic staff and scepter. I have a exotic loot bag but the legendary weapon always go to some other spot while everything else go where they are suppose to go. The most frustrating part is if my inventory is full and i want to swap from a 2×1h weapons to 1 × 2h weapon. Then the H panel does not work. i have to “I” deposit materials in the hopes that a slot opens up then my 2×1h weapons go where they kitten well please.

2) Non ele players rage because they feel it unfair that only 2 classes should get a access to a ooc weapon swap. This post was aimed at beeing a QoL thread on how to fix the pain ele and engi players go through to find thier weapons.

3) I like the idea of having a panel that one can easily keep weapons that can be swapped to ooc for all classes. But a lot of rage went on over the development time. and this is definitely more coding.

4) People are scared it would be exploitable.

5) As stated in the post this should not change how the ele or angi plays. If swapping from range to melee is the point for yot argument then that changes the playstyle.

6) Love the idea of a bag that holds your soulbound / account bound items. if not a weapon swap then this is a fantastic idea.

Suggestion to fix the issue.

1)

Ele / Engi OOC weapon swap:

Tool tip :

Swap to an alternative weapon/s
Only available out of combat.
All weapon skills on a 4 sec cool down after swapping.
Not usable in PVP.
Does not trigger any weapon mechanics.

The 4 sec cool down is to prevent any exploits that can be done to create say e.g. a dragons tooth with scepter and then swapping to staff lava front.[Example]
The no trigger on weapon swap is to make it fair so that one cant use e.g. sigil of battle gain might and then enter combat.

I feel it is a fair change to allow ele and engi to swap weapons this way all other classes have access to 2 additional weapon slots. We are not talking skills. We are talking the convenience that non engi and ele classes enjoy to store 1 or 2 weapons on them selves without resorting to browsing through an inventory or hero panel.

2) Hero panel equipment filter with the following options :

a) Rarities
b) Weapon types
c) Soul bound & account bound items.

Would these changes satisfy?
If not feel free to make your own suggestion.
Lets spark a decent constructive discussion.

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

Those who don’t play engi as main will nvr know the pains. Swapping to shield pistol for some areas and picking up loot than swapping back to rifle only to have your loot you picked up fill up the 2 slots meant for the pistol and shield. Or salvaging halfway only to suddenly see a prompt are you sure you want to salvage your exotic shield. Yeah you guys will nvr know. They should at least give us some place special to put our weapons some place safe. I always feel a sense of insecurity leaving my weapons floating among the junk whenever I switch between rifle and dual wield.

Posted by: Xetu.7341

Xetu.7341

I really do hate this ignorance of this community.

Everyone is just talking about GW2 having such clear mechanics and easy access to everything. That’s one of the big points of GW2.

Yet, nearly everyone is complaining about it being already available by going into the hero panel and that it would just confuse or whatever.

It’s confusing how it is now and just annoying if you want to swap weapons. This change would just support the style of GW2 about having easy executable mechanics without clutter inventory management. That was one of the main advertise points that your char can swap weapons on 1 click. Therefor Ele and Engi should only have the restriction of needed to be ooc.

Disregarding on having more skills, it’s just fair for them to have those 1 or 2 extra slots for weapons they don’t need to have in their inventory. They still can’t swap in combat, so there is no reason why this shouldn’t be accessible.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

- Eles have access to 20 different, wide-variety weapon skills with a single weapon equipped.
- Engies have access to up to 30 weapon skills equipped with kits.

All other class have 10 weapon skills (12 for warrior), and the only classes that can spam them are thief, and the soon to be revenant. So why would Ele for example need another set of 20 weapons skills?

When an Ele with 20 weapon skills asks for another weapon, to get 40 weapon skills, I cant help but ask, should then a Ranger be given 6 more weapons, for a total of 8 weapon swaps, you know, for the sake of this so-called “balance?” Its only fair, right?

what moron of an engineer uses a 4-5 kit build and is actually successful in game ?

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

You know all those people against this idea and saying you can swap from the hero panel probably don’t main engi or ele or haven’t mained it long enough. They don’t understand our plight.

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Atument swap 1-2 second out of combat, that’s all that an ele should get. Not another complete second weapon set. But then again the ele could spam from fire to x and gain might/protection stacks before a fight if they made ooc atument a low cool down

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

This sounds more like another type of template thing to me more than an actual weapon swap. So with that in mind I can see nothing wrong with the idea at all. Of course they need to add the build template first of course!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Spegar.5708

Spegar.5708

- Eles have access to 20 different, wide-variety weapon skills with a single weapon equipped.
- Engies have access to up to 30 weapon skills equipped with kits.

All other class have 10 weapon skills (12 for warrior), and the only classes that can spam them are thief, and the soon to be revenant. So why would Ele for example need another set of 20 weapons skills?

When an Ele with 20 weapon skills asks for another weapon, to get 40 weapon skills, I cant help but ask, should then a Ranger be given 6 more weapons, for a total of 8 weapon swaps, you know, for the sake of this so-called “balance?” Its only fair, right?

what moron of an engineer uses a 4-5 kit build and is actually successful in game ?

Seriously? You need to get better at engi…

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

I’m already overwhelmed with the amount of skills as it is. You don’t want to know how frustrating it is in FFXIV to remember nearly 3 × 12 slots of hotbar skills for just playing a class/job in FFXIV’s first expansion. That’s way too many skills.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

For those of you saying that those that don’t main an engi or ele don’t understand…

You are wrong.

I main a Ranger and Ele equally. I love both classes. And since I do main an Ele, I can honestly say that we do not need this. Unlike other classes we have access to four different swaps. This would be a programming change for something that is wholly unnecessary. Why not have a third slot for other classes then that might want to use yet another weapon set that they could switch to out of combat? Ridiculous. There has to be limits.

Stop being lazy. Play the class as it is designed to be played.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

What I want to see is for all professions to store entire builds and be able to swap them OOC. Weapons, traits, skills, armor, outfits, even minis. As it is now you have to go through each one and hope you remembered all the changes to make.

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

What I want to see is for all professions to store entire builds and be able to swap them OOC. Weapons, traits, skills, armor, outfits, even minis. As it is now you have to go through each one and hope you remembered all the changes to make.

+++++++ do want also skinz !