Empty Wooden Chest Or: Dey Took Er Loot!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yuujin.1067

Yuujin.1067

Attention Farmers!

Some of you might have already stumbled upon this! Empty wooden chest! Or wooden chest filled with white cloth/vendor trash items!

Does anyone know if this is a bug? If it is, does anyone know why it only starts to happen after an hour or so of farming and not throughout the entire time?

To avoid being a terrible party mate I do all my magic find farming outside of dungeons, but I have to say, nothing is more dissatisfying and disappointing than stumbling across a chest that should contain uncommon or higher quality gear and getting a piece of white salvageable gear or a porous bone instead.

I’m not saying all the rampant speculation about ANet lowering droprates and throttling the amount of rares, exotics, and T6 materials is true, but it certainly doesn’t help their case when a wooden chest pops up and nothing but trash is inside and it especially doesn’t help that it happens to the rest of my party about an hour into farming, and not before it, which further reinforces the idea that we can only have so many nice things before the game starts taking them away from us.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Yuujin.1067

Yuujin.1067

As much as I love complied threads of ‘all strange drop data ever recorded in a single place’, it detracts from specific issues. The question I am posing here is, does anyone notice empty wooden chest after prolonged periods of farming, not every experience anyone has ever had where they felt they should have gotten better loot.

Geotherma.2395

The mods will most likely move it there anyway.. I’ve never gotten an empty chest after 12 hrs, I have gotten junk drops, there’s a vid of that.

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Empty? No. Filled with whatever the heck it wants to be, grey, white, blue, green, orange? You bet.

The chests mean nothing about the value of the item dropped. Nothing whatsoever. It’s just something that happens to some of the loot. It gets a neat little package that is easier to miss entirely instead of a corpse.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

I’ve seen empty ones, I’ve just assumed that it showed me whenever someone else got one.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Yeah, same here. I open a chest, either getting nothing or a white.

But I think the worse is when i open the chest and get a grey skull. I dont think anet is behind that one though. I think its the uber prankster….Tuiasosopo!

(but seriously, fix the chests >.<)

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Yeah, getting porous bones and other rubbish from the little chests.

It must all be in my head like the other loot issues in the game.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

Yeah, I’ve seen these before too. From what I’ve seen I have a theory on it. Whenever anyone get’s a green or better from an enemy everyone else who got loot from him see’s the chest. I haven’t seen it enough to prove it but that’s my guess.

Posted by: Donedusted.9846

Donedusted.9846

I often get empty chests, and I’m not a farmer. I only go to Orr every now and again to mine nodes. When a chest drops, it has gotten to the point where I don’t expect to see anything of value in it.

Posted by: Wenissa.2967

Wenissa.2967

Yeah, I’ve seen these before too. From what I’ve seen I have a theory on it. Whenever anyone get’s a green or better from an enemy everyone else who got loot from him see’s the chest. I haven’t seen it enough to prove it but that’s my guess.

Unfortunately I don’t think this can be correct. I’ve gotten the chest with bone in it a number of times in Orr, but I’m not farming or grouping. I just pop in to do a few events and random mobs for my daily then head back to a different toon.

Posted by: Halo.1679

Halo.1679

Same here. I got one empty, but no small amount of bones and whites from chests also. Have gotten greens and yelllows from corpses too.

Only happens to me in Orr whether I have been there 1 minute or 1 hour.

There is obviously an issue here just like Vet/Champ drops, MF stat, etc…They need to get rid of the loot gremlins in this game and stop blaming RNG for everything.

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

I’ve reported this issue the second day after last patch whne I noticed I am getting mostly porous bones from those new chests.
I think my report got burried soon after. However, some Dev replied in another chest with usual “blah, blah, blah, thanks for reporting, blah, blah…”

Still no change. I dont even get excited anymore when I see those chests

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Empty? No. Filled with whatever the heck it wants to be, grey, white, blue, green, orange? You bet.

The chests mean nothing about the value of the item dropped. Nothing whatsoever. It’s just something that happens to some of the loot. It gets a neat little package that is easier to miss entirely instead of a corpse.

Read a kittening patch note once in a while, man.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-January-28-2013/first#post1307769

World Polish : Other – General

“In PvE, if a player is awarded loot by killing a creature and the loot is of uncommon rarity or higher, a chest will appear that contains the loot that would previously have been on the corpse. If the rarity of the loot on the creature is lower than uncommon, the loot will remain on the creature’s corpse.”

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Geotherma.2395

Unfortunately I don’t think this can be correct. I’ve gotten the chest with bone in it a number of times in Orr, but I’m not farming or grouping. I just pop in to do a few events and random mobs for my daily then head back to a different toon.

I’ve seen chests not belonging to me, that i couldn’t loot. I usually /say for whoevers its is to come get it :P