End game? What End Game?

End game? What End Game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lethal Left Eye.6129

Lethal Left Eye.6129

Q:

Hey everyone,

Can anyone highlight and list the things there are to do once you’ve completed your personal story and hit level 80? The end game content in GW2 seems to pale in comparison to what there was in the first GW.

I appreciate your responses.

End game? What End Game?

Posted by: wookalar.8952

wookalar.8952

A:

1: Get your exotics, and then possibly the skins you want for them. This can be done by running dungeons, crafting or karma farming.
2: Play WvW
3: Play sPvP (max out Pvp rank)
4: 100% Map completion
5: craft a legendary
6: Run all of the paths in every dungeon (I think there’s around 30)
7:collect things like all the dyes.
8: level, play and gear another character, you can do a different race and order to get more background and story than you got in your first play.
9: unlock all achievements.
10: Level up all crafts

The list goes on, but those are main ones. Someone once posted a thread along the lines of “80 things to do at level 80” but I can’t find it. I’ve put around 300hrs in and still havin fun, the game is what you make of it.

Nanuuk (80 Mes), Guardian Nuuk (80 Guard),
Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

End game? What End Game?

Posted by: Lethal Left Eye.6129

Lethal Left Eye.6129

Playing with a muddy stick is what you make of it too. You answered my question. Thank you.

End game? What End Game?

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

The Answer List is a solid list for achievers.

However, I’ve been playing end game like I’d play a game like Skyrim that has no end game. Here, there is twenty times the content, the fun of playing with others, a (semi) global economy and an ongoing stream of live updates.

For those who want to be free of the carrot on a stick end game treadmill, level scaling is the key to hundreds or thousands of hours of enjoyment. The game world is even more fun and engaging once you are free of the “need” to run through the check list for zone completion.

I appreciate the achievers list and I will pursue some of those things myself, but I’m mostly enjoying playing the game with the idea that the entire game is end game.

If Arenanet could tune up the rewards for scaling down for zones and content, so that the productivity curve between lower level and higher levels zones at level 80 was a lot less steep, I think more people would embrace the freedom that the level scaling system offers.

(Having so many steep “end game achievements” at launch may actually have prevented most players from seeing the beauty of the alternative to “end game grinds” that GW2 can offer).

End game? What End Game?

Posted by: wookie slayer.4259

wookie slayer.4259

@wookalar.8952’s answer

Yes these are things to do but..
1. This can be done quite easy I did it within 1-2 weeks of hitting 80 all the dungeons skins I want. ( was something to do real end game, was very short and grinding dungeons was awful boring)
2.Some Don’t care for pvp (also not endgame it is all game)
3.Some Don’t care for pvp
4. scneary is nice but all the areas have the same feel, great for leveling not so much for replaying
5. Legendaries take 250 plus hours of plain ol’ grindingfor a red text and a skin not for me (and most people)
6. Running the dungeons is ok, lots are not every fun most are pretty easy and some are over tuned (not balanced). Is ok if you really like them most people do it for the gear tho
7. Collect all the dyes? not end game, and serves very little purpose and only a handful of people will do this and even less with find it fun (its grind for drops or grind for money)
8.Alt’s a good way to prolong game life (definitely not endgame tho), some don’t like rolling alts as it is repeating like 80 percent of the content. Unless you fabulously love an alts class, some will find it dull.
9. Unlocking achievements in this game most of the achievements are time achievements and not skill based. (most can be done by anyone with enough time, but can be done faster by people with more skill). To me and many this is fluff
10. Leveling crafts in a game without stat gear or rare recipes is well not profitable or useful so why?

Your list has very few actual endgame, most is just fluff and things that not but can not really be called endgame. Some of it is endgame the dungeons and gettting your favorite armor skins, but that content is so short and lack luster it really can’t fill the endgameless hole made by where other MMO’s have put the bar.

End game? What End Game?

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

As a casual player I only saw map completion, and pvp or wvw to kill time, as reason to continue playing.

End game? What End Game?

Posted by: jamescowhen.1562

jamescowhen.1562

Yea, there are only a few things to do after 80, but there are some.

And please stop bringing up that ‘80 things to do at 80’ list. It’s rubbish and filled with useless dribble: Give Logan a wedgie, Outrun a centaur, Collect stacks of butter and butter prank your friends, etc… REALLY? I mean come on wtf -

End game? What End Game?

Redfeather.6401

Something happened starting with EotN. Before then the stuff to do once you were finished a campaign was a lot less daunting in terms of commitment.
When I found out how much farming is involved with GW2, it just… I don’t know why it’s gone in that direction.

End game? What End Game?

wookalar.8952

Prophecies still has arguably the most expensive/grindy armor set in GW1 way before EotN. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Obsidian_armor

Most of the EotN exotic sets were cheaper than the expansions aside from the one from the super final dungeon against the stone summit. I think the only exotic set that rivaled the prophecies set in terms of price and grinding was the vabbian from Nightfall.

Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

End game? What End Game?

Posted by: PotatoOverdose.6583

PotatoOverdose.6583

Playing with a muddy stick is what you make of it too. You answered my question. Thank you.

If you don’t mind my asking, what did you enjoy doing before level 80? If you don’t care for WvW, exploration (whether it be map completion, running dungeons, jumping puzzles etc.), spvp, what did you find fun before 80?

The game doesn’t really change at 80. It’s the same game as it was at 70,60,50…etc. If you don’t find that gameplay fun, why did you bother leveling to 80 in the first place?

If you need a mindless gear treadmill to receive satisfaction from your character, craft a legendary. They take a lot more effort to get than higher tier items in other games.

End game? What End Game?

Redfeather.6401

Yeah, Obsidian armour was insane. Vabbian I never got as the mat cost was just beyond my interests as a casual player. I liked the variety and modest prices of other 15k armours as I liked collecting armour to dynamically express my mood. XD

One thing I really miss from GW1 is skill capping. That going on a long hunt to acquire a more powerful skill. I backtracked to so many zones to cap skills as I grew more familiar with the game and became intrigued by skill synergy.

(edited by Redfeather.6401)

End game? What End Game?

wookalar.8952

For the OP, I just found this in another section of the forums. It might not helpmuch but take a look-see.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/What-to-do-at-LVL-80-Endgame-and-Beyond-some-tips-tactics/first#post426441

Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

End game? What End Game?

Posted by: wookie slayer.4259

wookie slayer.4259

PotatoOverdose.6583

Yes leveling was great but once your 80 most people had enough or hearts and events. In MMO’s, at least successful MMO’s, people need things to do after 80 (diffrent things ) or they get bored and leave. They don’t want to do the same thing 100 hours of play after they hit 80 that took them 100 hours.

End game? What End Game?

Posted by: springelf.9236

springelf.9236

I got to 80…thats what I did before I was 80. Now, at 80th…what now? Almost all map done. Orr is a nightmare. I dont mind a lot of mobs but come on. I just keep playing because wvwvw is ok’ish and becuase there isnt anything I want to go back to. Altho I do keep thinking of the good ol days of EQ lol.

End game? What End Game?

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

PotatoOverdose.6583

Yes leveling was great but once your 80 most people had enough or hearts and events. In MMO’s, at least successful MMO’s, people need things to do after 80 (diffrent things ) or they get bored and leave. They don’t want to do the same thing 100 hours of play after they hit 80 that took them 100 hours.

This is what they intended. Colin once said something to this effect regarding end game;

“We don’t think it’s okay for people to have to do one sort of content, and then when they are max level being forced into a different kind of content”.

This is what they meant with end-game reimagined. They didn’t want people to be forced to do raids! It’s unfair for players who liked questing and don’t want to hit that wall and be forced to do that. And it’s not fair for people who mainly like raids but hate quests.
No real correlation here.

End game? What End Game?

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

Hey everyone,

Can anyone highlight and list the things there are to do once you’ve completed your personal story and hit level 80? The end game content in GW2 seems to pale in comparison to what there was in the first GW.

I appreciate your responses.

It’s greatly expanded. For WvW alone, which is a major and awesome game system, that does mass scale PvP better than any game I’ve seen since Planetside/DAOC.

It’s so popular now that their infastructure can’t handle it.

sPvP, compared to GW1 is lacking, but you got a lot more visual gear rewards and such. I think people expect great things out of the Halloween update with paid tourneys. Lets see.
Observer mode and such also came very late into GW2s life. Too late IMO. Lets hope GW2 is faster on the spectator.

Content wise, Orr is a end game zone, basically. It’s a never ending battle for control over temples, however, people are a bit bored with it after a while. So it’s not high quality end game, but these events go on constantly.

Like GW1 and other MMOs there is a hunt for gears. Quaggan like your soul, if your path is toward a legendary (a real achievement!) but for most it’s probably getting bits and pieces of Dungeon armor, the end game sigils and upgrades, and then going to town in WvW.

End game? What End Game?

Posted by: Gohlar.3671

Gohlar.3671

PotatoOverdose.6583

This is what they intended. Colin once said something to this effect regarding end game;

“We don’t think it’s okay for people to have to do one sort of content, and then when they are max level being forced into a different kind of content”.

This is what they meant with end-game reimagined. They didn’t want people to be forced to do raids! It’s unfair for players who liked questing and don’t want to hit that wall and be forced to do that. And it’s not fair for people who mainly like raids but hate quests.
No real correlation here.

It’s really bad for people who like raids. The game pretends repeating quests is endgame.

Spin it any way you want, it’s completely ridiculous. To me it’s just a sales gimmick to cover up obviously lazy design.

GW2 is the worst mmo I’ve ever played for group based PvE content. The mindless, zergy DEs are not group content. WAR’s public quests were better.