Engineer rifle "1" animation change?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deax.1572

Deax.1572

So i’ve been playing gw2 since early september 2013 and so far made a ranger, thief and a mesmer to 80, crafted 7 ascended weapons and tried numerious builds.
Never was a big fan of either warrior or guardian they just seem too mainstream and plain boring, strong of course, but boring.

Engineer was my next class i wanted to play with and unlike most engis i wanted to go with a power build over a condition cannon however the thing that really is not letting me fully enjoy the class is a kitten animation.
The hip shot animation just looks awkward, all other skill animations i’m fine with, but the first one just not that pleasing at all. I think the warrior animations should be swapped with the engi ones, everything else can stay the same, i mean engi only gets a few weapon choices excluding kits and they wear medium armor so it would make more sense for them to be the masters of a rifle over a warrior.
Just want to know your thoughts on this.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I think at this stage of the game for those of us who have been an engi since launch or for so long it would totally throw us off the Engi class. We are just too used to the engi class been seen as the “shot gun” class. Even the other skills for the rifle seem more like a shotgun feel than a traditional rifle. Skill 5 where you blast the ground and it forces you up while weakening the enemy seems like a shotty thing to me. Also the other skills with a powerful shotty blast skill 3 and of course 4 a similar skill (in animation and concept) just with less power but a knockback.

I think that what they NEED to do is give engi’s MORE shotgun skins. Keep the warrior as the traditional looking rifle user and if ranger ever gets to use rifles have them more the “sniper” variety.

Well that’s my opinion anyways for what it’s worth.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

They should just rename the weapon class to musket, as clearly the guns fired are smooth bore. Heck, one of the engi traits is even called “rifled barrel”. That is the defining trait of a rifle over a musket or shotgun.

Never mind that you can fire a spin stabilized slug from a shotgun. The spin is provided by the slug design rather than the barrel. In all honesty, shotguns are some of the most flexible firearms out there.

What is more annoying IMO, is that the tooltips make pistols seems to have a higher ROF. But because of a undocumented aftercast, rifles and pistols have about the same ROF. Thus making pistols have a lower DPS than the tooltips suggest.

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Does it matter when you spend 95% of your time in kits?

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

It does matters, I have all classes at lv80, i don’t agree the swap suggestion, but i do agree hip shot is not very professional for a rifle user, I hope engineer can use warrior rifle “1” animation too.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Roll an asura engi….smaller = less noticeable

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)