Episode 4 release time?

Episode 4 release time?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I am fairly certain Mea was being tongue in cheek and not serious about being late to a specific schedule..

I definitely didn’t want to start a drama. :P I just got a huge bucket of Celebrations for the update and REALLY want to eat my chocolate already! LOL. XD Unfortunately, we will have to wait more. See the official announcement on Twitter. I THINK I’M GONNA EAT THE TWIX WHILE WAITING! -squee-

Attachments:

Episode 4 release time?

Mea.5491

Fixing forum bug.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Sensei Hoisen.9821

Sensei Hoisen.9821

Twix /o/

Hope soon tho drive safe and stay warm Anet!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

ANet was closed, at least partially for the day, due to a power outage. Normally they have a prep day before a major patch. They need to do last minute checks as well as a possible tweak to recipes IF there was some TP shenanigans over the weekend.

It’s coming. But due to circumstances beyond their control there’s a delay.

You must learn patience Ed Gruberman.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I am fairly certain Mea was being tongue in cheek and not serious about being late to a specific schedule..

I definitely didn’t want to start a drama. :P I just got a huge bucket of Celebrations for the update and REALLY want to eat my chocolate already! LOL. XD Unfortunately, we will have to wait more. See the official announcement on Twitter. I THINK I’M GONNA EAT THE TWIX WHILE WAITING! -squee-

I’ll take the bounties. They always get left in my house which means I end up with more chocolate

muahahahha

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

Okay at this point I just think you guys are being purposely LATE just to prove a point. Okay we get it, you hold all the power, now just add the episode already.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Can I have a Malteser?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Please pass me one of your tinfoil hats.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I am sure they are working hard to get this out. I would rather they delay and get a smooth release than hurry and have a lot of issues.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

can’t even express my disappointment. Say goodbye to my money unless it comes out very soon

Who ever made you pay for this update… bro, you got scammed.

Episode 4 release time?

Mea.5491

I’ll take the bounties. They always get left in my house which means I end up with more chocolate

muahahahha

Bounty is so underrated.

Can I have a Malteser?

Sure!

-offers Celebrations to everyone-

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I wonder though, how does a power outage that was fixed yesterday, affect the release now?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

bucket of cleebrations for the update? haha awesome idea. I wish I had thought about that…

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

With all the people disappointed that the update isn’t being released at the beginning of the time window kind of explains, and reinforces, why Anet probably doesn’t give specific release times.

Episode 4 release time?

Aerinndis.2730

muahahahha

Bounty is so underrated.

Can I have a Malteser?

Sure!

-offers Celebrations to everyone-

Ooh! Thankee I will have one. Yummy!

Episode 4 release time?

Mea.5491

bucket of cleebrations for the update? haha awesome idea. I wish I had thought about that…

Nothing’s more fun than exploring the new map with chocolate in my mouth.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

I wonder though, how does a power outage that was fixed yesterday, affect the release now?

Maybe because it put them that many hours behind schedule if the computers were down and they couldn’t work on the new patch?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Maybe because it put them that many hours behind schedule if the computers were down and they couldn’t work on the new patch?

This. It all has a knockon effect. Behind schedule on testing/prepping due to power outage.

Kitten.

Episode 4 release time?

Pifil.5193

This. It all has a knockon effect. Behind schedule on testing/prepping due to power outage.

Yeah, the tests for our main product take 20 hours to run from start to finish. A few hours power cut could delay a release by a day easily, well done to ArenaNet if it only delays them a few hours.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

With all the people disappointed that the update isn’t being released at the beginning of the time window kind of explains, and reinforces, why Anet probably doesn’t give specific release times.

Yup. This.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Jormag !! Relax the Arenanet team !! It’s bad! Bad Dragon! Bad! bad dragon! It’s not good to get out of the game to attack the company! Bad Dragon! >.<

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Is it really so hard to give an ETA? Some ppl need to get up in the morning.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Sensei Hoisen.9821

Sensei Hoisen.9821

Anyone else have raft parties going? Awaiting the patch

Attachments:

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

You guys hit the nail on the head: A power failure has a reverberating effect on things. It takes some time to power everything up after a outage, and the time lost in inaccessibility to the servers and the build can roll out to cause delays longer than the simple period of the outage. By that, I mean, if the power goes out for 10 minutes, recovery takes longer than that 10 minutes.

The team is continuing to work on this and thanks for your patience. (And your chocolate )

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

You guys hit the nail on the head: A power failure has a reverberating effect on things. It takes some time to power everything up after a outage, and the time lost in inaccessibility to the servers and the build can roll out to cause delays longer than the simple period of the outage. By that, I mean, if the power goes out for 10 minutes, recovery takes longer than that 10 minutes.

The team is continuing to work on this and thanks for your patience. (And your chocolate )

but what’s the specific status?

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

“The team is continuing to work on this” is the specific status.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Daiki.6237

Daiki.6237

Thats the funniest statement in here…lol

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Vegetation.6419

Vegetation.6419

“The team is continuing to work on this” is the specific status.

Reminds me of prior gw2’s release: “When it’s ready”

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Woo hoo! Bonus Multiloot(s)!!!!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Swellmeister.1324

Swellmeister.1324

You must learn patience Ed Gruberman.

Dat is like the best skit ever, and I am so glad that other people know it

Episode 4 release time?

Pifil.5193

Wait, did multilooters… cause the snow storm? Naw, that’s crazy or… is it crazy enough to be true?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Wait, did multilooters… cause the snow storm? Naw, that’s crazy or… is it crazy enough to be true?

Nope, definitely no snow dance over here <cough, cough>
Nothing to see here. Move along.

Episode 4 release time?

Aerinndis.2730

Passes out more chocolates to the Anet crew to keep them going.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

Well way to go, they get high on surgery sweets delights half of them spend time in the toilet and the others install the update into a wow server instead. lol

Server: Gate of Madness

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Mozed.7510

Mozed.7510

Nope, definitely no snow dance over here <cough, cough>
Nothing to see here. Move along.

These golems…

Episode 4 release time?

Aerinndis.2730

Well way to go, they get high on surgery sweets delights half of them spend time in the toilet and the others install the update into a wow server instead. lol

Never. I gave them Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares. Got to keep those neurotransmitters happy.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Under an hour left in my computer time I did get 13 flasks of linseed oil farmed, guess that’s something. At this point I am selfishly hoping the patch is delayed for, say, 5 more hours from now. That way I can go get groceries and have my Tuesday night steak dinner, then bail on my husband when I see on my tablet that the patch is live (normally on Tuesday eves we watch movies/TV shows together) … otherwise I just have to avoid forums and friends until midday tomorrow so I can get in and play it without spoilers.

I’d go have a snack now but I don’t want to leave the computer while the patch might drop with enough time for me to see how things start ><

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

They’ve been unable to get the coffee machines to reboot. Caffeine withdrawal has set in, and tempers are running high. Interns were sent for emergency supplies, but contact was lost over an hour ago. There’s the disturbing smell of burning plastics in the air, and rumor has it that the art team has gone feral.

And aside from it being a typical patch day, they’re still a bit behind from that power outage yesterday.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: onio.6403

onio.6403

4 h waiting and update no start… and server rly bad, with lag…

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

From Twitter:

Monday’s snowstorm caused a power outage at ArenaNet. Due to the aftereffects of that, today’s #GW2 update will be later than usual. ~RB2

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I get it, unforeseen circumstances, how ever why not lift the gag order on places like MassivelyOP or MMORPG.com so that we can have some info appetizers to nibble on while we wait?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: zachbolt.6304

zachbolt.6304

www.gw2-dui.com

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

I just got back from work, hoping for an update, didn’t get one, but no matter because I’m going to take a nap, maybe one hour, and when I wake up I will try again… so yeah, you have one hour Anet, one hour.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: onio.6403

onio.6403

And in addition to that statement that is from hours ago, they have not said anything else?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Vegetation.6419

Vegetation.6419

I just got back from work, hoping for an update, didn’t get one, but no matter because I’m going to take a nap, maybe one hour, and when I wake up I will try again… so yeah, you have one hour Anet, one hour.

I’m going to work, was hoping for an update, didn’t get one, but no matter because i’m going to work

Episode 4 release time?

Ayrilana.1396

They have in various posts. No reason to do official updates consistently throughout the day if there’s really nothing to update.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Darn -beat me to it Donari and Ayrilana.

Maybe the OP could be bothered to the read the official post and thread instead opening a new thread on the same subject. There is a word for it but it is likely cause an infraction.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

Fixing forum bug.

I’m sorry to post an off-topic reply, but I see this kind of post as the first post on page 2 of many threads and the curiosity is driving me nuts.

What’s the forum bug that everyone seems to reference with these posts that start a new page?

Episode 4 release time?

Ayrilana.1396

Fixing forum bug.

I’m sorry to post an off-topic reply, but I see this kind of post as the first post on page 2 of many threads and the curiosity is driving me nuts.

What’s the forum bug that everyone seems to reference with these posts that start a new page?

It’s where the next page loads but without your post leaving a blank page. It’s easily fixed by changing the page number in the URL to the previous one although people often make another post to avoid doing that.