Episode 4 release time?

Episode 4 release time?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Fixing forum bug.

I’m sorry to post an off-topic reply, but I see this kind of post as the first post on page 2 of many threads and the curiosity is driving me nuts.

What’s the forum bug that everyone seems to reference with these posts that start a new page?

It’s really a kittenroach that’s running around inside the server that hosts the forum.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Daiki.6237

Daiki.6237

You know everybody is talking about the delay. Talking about the dam and the little boat. Talking about DR being destroyed. But maybe we are looking at this all wrong. 2 pics on the wiki page for this story arc. 2 sides it seems. What if we are actually being asked to join a side of a civil war and there are 2 possible paths on this release?

Attachments:

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Fixing forum bug.

I’m sorry to post an off-topic reply, but I see this kind of post as the first post on page 2 of many threads and the curiosity is driving me nuts.

What’s the forum bug that everyone seems to reference with these posts that start a new page?

If you ever post the last comment on a page, when it reloads to show you your comment instead you get a weird double row of page numbers at the top and no visible posts. So you can post something else, randomly, just to shake the pages loose. It’s a tradition here!

Sadly I’ve received two tiny infractions for forum bug posts as nonconstructive derails. First appeal worked a while back (thus I mention it as I was Not Guilty), second very recent one is pending (I expect it also to prevail). Must have been a new mod who didn’t know about this issue. Yes, I just discussed moderation, but only to point out that the forum bug posts have merit, so others may be informed

Look at all this posting time we have thanks to the patch delay. Whee!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: dascott.6078

dascott.6078

Fixing forum bug.

It’s really a kittenroach that’s running around inside the server that hosts the forum.

NOT the dreaded KITTENROACH!!! That’s worse than feared fishroach and mouseroach combined.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

I’m excited for the update too, but managed to finish a map on an alt in the meantime:)
To the ANet staff

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: DaveyC.4398

DaveyC.4398

If you have never worked for a software company, don’t hate on Arenanet! These guys have just proved they are working on delivering this update until the final hour. No room for a breath, just done and out.

As much as you want this latest release, they want to give it to you. In life stuff happens which is out of your control. They cannot help a power outage and they are delivering as fast as they can.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

If the patch is delayed much longer do we get another easy daily and some more Lunar envelopes to buy?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Daiki.6237

Daiki.6237

Why buy.. a 10 pack for waiting!!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

If the patch is delayed much longer do we get another easy daily and some more Lunar envelopes to buy?

In less than an hour and a half, yes

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Justfor.6018

Justfor.6018

Captain here:
After 4 years and change of playing GW2, I can predict exactly when will we get the patch.

The patch will be made available:

At the most inconvenient time

It could be at the beginning of Reset Tequatl or, better yet, right after you find a cool map for Post-Reset Triple Trouble, complete with capable Commanders that you know can carry out the task of beating that dreaded Wurm.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: HaraldSkambank.7531

HaraldSkambank.7531

I was gonna say, standing in Sparkfly waiting for Teq, so it’ll probably hit at an inconvenient time, lol.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

It’s getting a little late in the day, even on the Pacific coast. Since presumably they’d want to be at work to catch and fix bugs/exploits/whatever in a reasonable amount of time I wouldn’t be surprised if they put it off till tomorrow if it can’t be released soon.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Well in under an hour where I am it will be tomorrow.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Scykosix.7836

Scykosix.7836

They’re 50 mins late.

Please remember that releases are not on a set schedule by a specific hour. While an individual forum member might point to their anticipation of a specific time for a release, in fact we announce a day and not an hour.

So please hold tight and we’ll see you in Head of the Snake soon.

Yeaaah about that announced day …. its already 8th.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Nero.6038

Nero.6038

i understand problems happen but camon on EU more specify Portugal is already 23.37 i real want play a bit of episode 4 before to bed…. most of people work …. this thing just make me sad i hope arena net give us something like 400 gens and a mail saying IM SORRY!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

To be fair even if it does hit tomorrow it all balances out since a Crack in the Ice was released on a Monday.

Plus I’m working a 12 hour shift tonight so what do I care?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

i understand problems happen but camon on EU more specify Portugal is already 23.37 i real want play a bit of episode 4 before to bed…. most of people work ….

I know what you mean. I understand they can’t give an exact time, but an estimate would be really welcome right now..

They keep insisting it will release “today”. What does that mean? Not everyone lives on the east coast….

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe it’s getting ready now, as the servers seem to be down. /shrug

^Not even ArenaNet ‘lives’ on the East Coast. Lol.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

One more day of easy PVE dailies!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

i understand problems happen but camon on EU more specify Portugal is already 23.37 i real want play a bit of episode 4 before to bed…. most of people work ….

I know what you mean. I understand they can’t give an exact time, but an estimate would be really welcome right now..

They keep insisting it will release “today”. What does that mean? Not everyone lives on the east coast….

An estimated time would be really appreciated

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You mean the West coast? Because Anet is Pacific time – West coast. Not East. Its almost 7pm eastern time, which makes it almost 4pm pacific (anet) time. Im assuming they are aiming for having this released by EoD their time, which would be by 5. However, I’m sure overtime isnt out of the question unless they run into significant issues.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Took a sick leave for this… xD was so excited.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

You mean the West coast? Because Anet is Pacific time – West coast. Not East.

Oops my bad. Still though, not everyone lives there either. ^^

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Episode 4 release time?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, servers back up, that’s always a good sign.

Maybe it was just too many players trying to get on at once.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You mean the West coast? Because Anet is Pacific time – West coast. Not East.

Oops my bad. Still though, not everyone lives there either. ^^

Yup, I’m very aware.

Depending on what time the patch hits, I may or may not be in bed. I typically go to bed around 9pm because I’m up at 5am. Factor in my slow kitten internet, its highly unlikely I’ll get to check out the new patch tonight.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

You guys hit the nail on the head: A power failure has a reverberating effect on things. It takes some time to power everything up after a outage, and the time lost in inaccessibility to the servers and the build can roll out to cause delays longer than the simple period of the outage. By that, I mean, if the power goes out for 10 minutes, recovery takes longer than that 10 minutes.

The team is continuing to work on this and thanks for your patience. (And your chocolate )

While we wait…reGaile us with some adventure stories of times gone by

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

Hi,

I wanted to complete the new LS as soon as it launches and hopefully have farmed new possible ascended items by 8th of February. However it seems the patch is a bit delayed and its already past 2 AM where I live.

Should I give up my plan and just try again tomorrow or just stay up until the patch is live?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: onio.6403

onio.6403

The waiting time is too long from my point of view. I think that before these things you always have to have a plan B to solve this faster.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

You guys hit the nail on the head: A power failure has a reverberating effect on things. It takes some time to power everything up after a outage, and the time lost in inaccessibility to the servers and the build can roll out to cause delays longer than the simple period of the outage. By that, I mean, if the power goes out for 10 minutes, recovery takes longer than that 10 minutes.

The team is continuing to work on this and thanks for your patience. (And your chocolate )

While we wait…reGaile us with some adventure stories of times gone by

There was once a frog, it told stories and made everyone happy. The End.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

The waiting time is too long from my point of view. I think that before these things you always have to have a plan B to solve this faster.

you can not plan for a massive power outage that plays fast and loose with your servers. you can not plan for what sorts of issues those servers will have, coming out of a massive power outage. stop being a jerk. anet is going as fast as they can

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: sincurea.1594

sincurea.1594

I can’t believe how people are reacting to the wait. I get that we are all excited and want to get going but have some sympathy. These guys are probably all busting their butts trying to make it happen so grab a beer/wine/coffee (depending on what time it is) and let them work.

Episode 4 release time?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Your choice. No one knows when the patch will drop, unless some new announcements are released.

Though, if it doesn’t drop in the next hour and a half, I would guess it’s not coming until tomorrow.

Good luck.

Edit: You can go to sleep. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-Head-of-the-Snake-delayed

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Assuming their power went out during business hours, that would have cost them the day. Not sure why they didn’t simply push back the patch. At this point, they’ll be working overtime and if they’re rushing, it’ll likely not go so well.

Personally, I doubt it’ll launch today.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

They have confirmed it isn’t launching today.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Shorah Gaile,

Please send my regards to the rollout team (referencing my sig), and delaying until tomorrow would certainly be understandable to me.

Heck, I’m supposed to have been on vacation (normally take two weeks off around this time), and so far I spent one half-night last week on an emergency, and another ‘just before start’ call this morning. And now that my body has finally begun to decompress from various stresses, I’m coming down with a cold. Bah.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

Like, how can you be so into MMOs that you are planning your life around them yet not realize that planning your life around an MMO on patch day is a terrible kittening idea?

Anet doesn’t owe you anything. A planned release date for a patch is not a binding contract, and there is nothing held within the update that will be lessened because you get it tomorrow and not today.

They need to make their players happy, it’s how business works. They promised to release it in time but couldn’t do so. Why shouldn’t they give us some stuff? It doesn’t cost them anything.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I DON’T EVEN NEED STUFF FOR FREE, JUST PUT THE AETHERBLADE ARMOR SETS BACK TO THE GEM STORE AT FULL PRICE, PLEASE! I’ve been waiting for them to return since FOREVER!!!

I need the medium and if they could please re-release Marjory’s Dagger that would be great. Not wanting free just wanting a chance to purchase said items.

So that’s three of us. If I understand anything about these forums, I’m pretty sure that means it’s a majority

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

Lol, stop being that pathetic and expecting handouts. Man, people are getting really entitled these days.

They didn’t release the patch because of the circumstances they had no control over (the weather). And according to them they are trying their best to fix the situation asap.

The whole thing is just hilarious. People throwing tantrums because a game patch was late. You have so little going on in your lives that a late patch is the source of a big drama? People seriously take days off work for this? And it’s okay if they do, but that was their decision to do so, not Anet’s. Therefore, they are fully responsible for it and Anet owes them nothing. No free gems, no precursors, nothing. You are already getting a fresh LS3 episode free of charge and they’re doing their best to ship it to you asap.

TL;DR – stop being a whiny brat and acting like it’s the end of the world. No, you don’t deserve any free stuff for it and you will get LS3 episode when it’s ready.

It’s still their fault, they couldn’t give out any date and let ppl wait for nothing till the last minute.

We don’t ask for money or real things, it’s just some gems or BLC tickets, it cost them NOTHING, they just need to do something in their program.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

Like, how can you be so into MMOs that you are planning your life around them yet not realize that planning your life around an MMO on patch day is a terrible kittening idea?

Anet doesn’t owe you anything. A planned release date for a patch is not a binding contract, and there is nothing held within the update that will be lessened because you get it tomorrow and not today.

They need to make their players happy, it’s how business works. They promised to release it in time but couldn’t do so. Why shouldn’t they give us some stuff? It doesn’t cost them anything.

Just stop. You sound really, really entitled right now and it isn’t making you any friends.

Anet will get the patch delivered as soon as it’s ready. Begging and spraying ALL CAPS all over the forums while making demands isn’t going to make the patch come sooner, and it certainly isn’t getting you anything for free.

If you have any self-respect, your best bet is to get your entitlement in check and wait patiently like the rest of us. The image you’re putting forth right now is not a positive one.

(edited by drunkenpilot.9837)

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

Just stop.

Why? I paid money to buy the game and gems, as the customer it is my RIGHT to speak out when circumstances like this had happened.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: electricwater.1572

electricwater.1572

Because it affects the economy and because it’s catering to entitled children who can’t wait an extra day when something goes wrong (smth that is not even Anet’s fault).

‘Making players happy’. Yeah, I bet lots of ppl are REALLY UNHAPPY just because a patch is few hours late lol. Actually I’m so unhappy right now, I’m going to enroll myself into a depression clinic right away.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Nova.2890

Nova.2890

Just stop.

Why? I paid money to buy the game and gems, as the customer it is my RIGHT to speak out when circumstances like this had happened.

You are correct, it is your right to speak. It is also your right to read the terms of service you agreed to when signing up for a service. Such as the following taken from:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/

Section 10 paragraph B
“You acknowledge that Service may be interrupted for reasons within or beyond the control of ArenaNet, that ArenaNet cannot and does not guarantee You will be able to use the Game or any Account whenever You wish to do so, that ArenaNet will interrupt the Service on a regular basis for purposes of maintenance or updates and may do so without providing You with notice before such interruption, and that ArenaNet may provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to the Game that You must accept and/or install before You will be able to use the Game.”

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Just stop.

You’re right, you have the right to say whatever nonsense comes to your head, no matter how undeserved. Just like we all have the right to tell you that you don’t deserve it and that you’re not going to get it. We also have the right to inform you that the things you think are true are not accurate nor reasonable.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

Because it affects the economy and because it’s catering to entitled children who can’t wait an extra day when something goes wrong (smth that is not even Anet’s fault).

‘Making players happy’. Yeah, I bet lots of ppl are REALLY UNHAPPY just because a patch is few hours late lol. Actually I’m so unhappy right now, I’m going to enroll myself into a depression clinic right away.

No it doesn’t, one ticket or 200-300 gems would not affect anything.

Yes of course, just like the customers would feel unhappy if their item is delivered later than usually, and it’s their right to call the company. We are not talking about any real money, just some FREE stuff which only requires Anet to do a little bit to their program.

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

You’re right, you have to right to say whatever nonsense comes to your head, no matter how undeserved. Just like we all have the right to tell you that you don’t deserve it and that you’re not going to get it. We also have the right to inform you that the things you think are true are not accurate nor reasonable.

What do you mean undeserved? Anet doesn’t have to spend any money, just click on their program to deliver ppl some gem or item. This does happen to quite a few games I’ve played.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

Just stop.

You would have a leg to stand on if you paid a premium for immediate access to this specific patch on this specific day. You did not pay such a premium as one does not exist, therefore you are not entitled to anything.

You bought a license to play Anet’s game. That entitles you to the ability to play the game. Servers are up, you play the game you paid for. GG.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: electricwater.1572

electricwater.1572

Yes of course, just like the customers would feel unhappy if their item is delivered later than usually, and it’s their right to call the company. We are not talking about any real money, just some FREE stuff which only requires Anet to do a little bit to their program.

You are aware that you can sell the skin you get with the ticket, right? <—monetary gain.
Same with gems that you can exchange for gold.

But that’s not even the main point here.
The main point here is – Why do you feel you should get anything at all? Because Anet cannot deliver the content YOU DIDN’T EVEN PAY FOR (with it coming next day anyway) because of smth THEY COULDN’T HELP?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ He’s right you know

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: kinjiro.3251

kinjiro.3251

And yet again you are flawed in your thought process if they gave everyone a free ticket or 200-300 gems yes that would mess with the economy. See you are forgetting you are NOT the only player there are over a million playing. So try again with the math and then maybe just maybe you can start to understand what you are saying.