Episode 4 release time?

Episode 4 release time?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

You’re right, you have to right to say whatever nonsense comes to your head, no matter how undeserved. Just like we all have the right to tell you that you don’t deserve it and that you’re not going to get it. We also have the right to inform you that the things you think are true are not accurate nor reasonable.

What do you mean undeserved? Anet doesn’t have to spend any money, just click on their program to deliver ppl some gem or item. This does happen to quite a few games I’ve played.

I mean we don’t deserve something extra because they couldn’t get the update out. It doesn’t matter how little effort is involved. Our having to wait a day isn’t a reasonable cause for a reward. We aren’t losing anything by waiting a day, therefore there is no need to compensate it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Seriously people are really asking for free stuff in compensation for a delayed free release?

Get some perspective A Crack in the Ice came out on a Monday kitten .

I will say this though, they could have given us the patch notes to keep the hype brewing.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Like, how can you be so into MMOs that you are planning your life around them yet not realize that planning your life around an MMO on patch day is a terrible kittening idea?

Anet doesn’t owe you anything. A planned release date for a patch is not a binding contract, and there is nothing held within the update that will be lessened because you get it tomorrow and not today.

They need to make their players happy, it’s how business works. They promised to release it in time but couldn’t do so. Why shouldn’t they give us some stuff? It doesn’t cost them anything.

It wasnt their fault. And MOST people understand that.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

You would have a leg to stand on if you paid a premium for immediate access to this specific patch on this specific day. You did not pay such a premium as one does not exist, therefore you are not entitled to anything.

You bought a license to play Anet’s game. That entitles you to the ability to play the game. Servers are up, you play the game you paid for. GG.

I paid over 100 bucks for the game, HoT and gems, without the money I wouldn’t be able to experience the update. Especially HoT was quite expensive to buy and the final fight was still buggy till this day. So every HoT players deserve something because of the bad service?

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

It wasnt their fault. And MOST people understand that.

Well they said it will be updated today, they were keep saying they would make it today and couldn’t give out any ETA, they didn’t say “it will be tomorrow” until the last minute, I don’t think that’s a good way to handle the players.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

You would have a leg to stand on if you paid a premium for immediate access to this specific patch on this specific day. You did not pay such a premium as one does not exist, therefore you are not entitled to anything.

You bought a license to play Anet’s game. That entitles you to the ability to play the game. Servers are up, you play the game you paid for. GG.

I paid over 100 bucks for the game, HoT and gems, without the money I wouldn’t be able to experience the update. Especially HoT was quite expensive to buy and the final fight was still buggy till this day. So every HoT players deserve something because of the bad service?

You didn’t pay a dime for Ep4. And you didn’t pay anything to get it released today, either.

Someone already linked you to the appropriate part of the Terms of Service that you agreed to when you purchased the game. You should read it.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Yes, but you already got ALL of the content that money paid for… perhaps minus a bunch of legendary weapons. None of the Living World content is included in that “expense.” It’s free for anyone who has the game.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

You are aware that you can sell the skin you get with the ticket, right? <—monetary gain.
Same with gems that you can exchange for gold.

But that’s not even the main point here.
The main point here is – Why do you feel you should get anything at all? Because Anet cannot deliver the content YOU DIDN’T EVEN PAY FOR (with it coming next day anyway) because of smth THEY COULDN’T HELP?

Just make the skin bound when pickup, like the birthday dyes. How does 200-300 gems affect the market? It’s like less than 100 golds

Yes, I bought the game to enjoy the service. I DID pay to be able to get the update, I DIDN’T ask Anet to PAY any real money to us, just some in game stuff, how is it a big deal?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Wow. I’m honestly surprised here at just how many people are losing their minds about this. Let’s quickly recap something here:

This is FREE content available to currently active GW2 players that adds both story and reward content to the game above and beyond what is currently available. Let me repeat the key word in there in case it was missed: FREE.

For the things that Anet makes mistakes on (which plenty know I can and will unabashedly call them out on) this is not one of them. Not by a long shot. So unless you are their IT team, sys admins, devs, etc and know their infrastructure like the back of your hand then please hush it and let them work on getting the content out to people. The’ve actually kept their player base informed on this one and I thank them for that. One more day or so before the patch dropping is not the end of the world.

As for Anet, thanks for keeping us in the loop and I look forward to playing the update when it drops. I’ve been really,pleased with the storyline thus far and especially the nod backs to GW1. Plenty of us know that all of this work doesn’t even need to be delivered for free and you could have just as easily shoved it all into a paid expansion with years of nothing between them. I might have some grievances but this is certainly not one of them.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

Yes, but you already got ALL of the content that money paid for… perhaps minus a bunch of legendary weapons. None of the Living World content is included in that “expense.” It’s free for anyone who has the game.

No, the money was paid for the living story content. Without it I can’t log to play the game.

So in this case, I paid for HoT but the content was badly broken and still isn’t fixed till today, shouldn’t Anet give ppl something?

Yes, anyone who has the game, which means you have to pay for it.

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

Wow. I’m honestly surprised here at just how many people are losing their minds about this. Let’s quickly recap something here:

This is FREE content available to currently active GW2 players that adds both story and reward content to the game above and beyond what is currently available. Let me repeat the key word in there in case it was missed: FREE.

For the things that Anet makes mistakes on (which plenty know I can and will unabashedly call them out on) this is not one of them. Not by a long shot. So unless you are their IT team, sys admins, devs, etc and know their infrastructure like the back of your hand then please hush it and let them work on getting the content out to people. The’ve actually kept their player base informed on this one and I thank them for that. One more day or so before the patch dropping is not the end of the world.

As for Anet, thanks for keeping us in the loop and I look forward to playing the update when it drops. I’ve been really,pleased with the storyline thus far and especially the nod backs to GW1. Plenty of us know that all of this work doesn’t even need to be delivered for free and you could have just as easily shoved it all into a paid expansion with years of nothing between them. I might have some grievances but this is certainly not one of them.

Gems and BLC tickets are FREE as well, it’s not like Anet would lost any real money for it.

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

You didn’t pay a dime for Ep4. And you didn’t pay anything to get it released today, either.

Someone already linked you to the appropriate part of the Terms of Service that you agreed to when you purchased the game. You should read it.

I did, without my money I wouldn’t be able to log on to play the game.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: electricwater.1572

electricwater.1572

You are aware that you can sell the skin you get with the ticket, right? <—monetary gain.
Same with gems that you can exchange for gold.

But that’s not even the main point here.
The main point here is – Why do you feel you should get anything at all? Because Anet cannot deliver the content YOU DIDN’T EVEN PAY FOR (with it coming next day anyway) because of smth THEY COULDN’T HELP?

Just make the skin bound when pickup, like the birthday dyes. How does 200-300 gems affect the market? It’s like less than 100 golds

Yes, I bought the game to enjoy the service. I DID pay to be able to get the update, I DIDN’T ask Anet to PAY any real money to us, just some in game stuff, how is it a big deal?

Just magically make it accountbound? :P You sure they won’t need TO PROGRAM IT FIRST OR ANYTHING?
I’ll break it down to you. Since it wouldn’t be ONLY YOU getting this skin, but everyone else, there will be an overflow of said skins on the market and the price will go down significantly.
And the gem-gold conversion ratio will also be affected. Kinda funny I need to even explain that.

No you didn’t pay to get the update. You paid for the vanilla game and the expansion and you got it. Living story episodes were always an extra, just a kind gesture from anet to keep their playerbase entertained. You don’t even pay the monthly fee, so you really have nothing to complain about here, and especially not ask for some sort of a refund.

Basically you don’t even have any good arguments, it’s just – give me free gems or ticket please just because I want.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: pyrocyborg.4162

pyrocyborg.4162

I did, without my money I wouldn’t be able to log on to play the game.

Still, you can login and play the game. What’s the matter? No one is wasting your playtime. You could play earlier and you can play now.

If you were really waiting for the Episode 4, took a day off and waited in front of your PC for hours, then I don’t know what to say.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

Ok so upsate delayed due to uncontrollable thing’s. Who do we blame? Not the company things happen they tried to make todays update happen. In about 15 years of playing anets games i dont think i can remember it ever happening before.

As far as giving the player base free things due to delay …lol no.
Its far more then clicking a button to give away things in game. It would take few millions of clicks and hours of time. This all costs money. Gw1 n gw2 are cery different from nearly every game. Anet itself is very giving and understanding. Its not like u paid for todays update its a free update one they give to us.
They could be like every other game and do only expansions and charge 60 bucks for them. I stead they give us alot of free content and all u have to do is log in to get it.
They keep the game from becoming pay to win. They try hardest to please the mass of player base. Everyone wants different things in game . Some want certain changes some against a it. What this company does is t easy they spend countess hours working late nights fixing things after big updates. They come in game n play with us do things with us let us speak ours minds. They listen alot more then most companys. So instead of crying that there isnt a update or saying this is ********** give me free things cuz you guys think you deserve it or it wont cost them anything to do it and or simple.
Why why why instead go play the event that was soppose to stop today you getting extra time on it and not ask for things and delay the staff more

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

Still, you can login and play the game. What’s the matter? No one is wasting your playtime. You could play earlier and you can play now.

If you were really waiting for the Episode 4, took a day off and waited in front of your PC for hours, then I don’t know what to say.

But I didn’t get the update in time. If you say money, Anet provided us a broken final boss fight in HoT, so they should be charged for money?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

They really should do something to apologize to the EU players whom they strung along all evening.

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

Just magically make it accountbound? :P You sure they won’t need TO PROGRAM IT FIRST OR ANYTHING?
I’ll break it down to you. Since it wouldn’t be ONLY YOU getting this skin, but everyone else, there will be an overflow of said skins on the market and the price will go down significantly.
And the gem-gold conversion ratio will also be affected. Kinda funny I need to even explain that.

No you didn’t pay to get the update. You paid for the vanilla game and the expansion and you got it. Living story episodes were always an extra, just a kind gesture from anet to keep their playerbase entertained. You don’t even pay the monthly fee, so you really have nothing to complain about here, and especially not ask for some sort of a refund.

Basically you don’t even have any good arguments, it’s just – give me free gems or ticket please just because I want.

No, even the GM could do it easily with their permission. To be fair, the skins are already skyrocket high, what’s wrong to bring them down?

I did pay the money to be able to get the content. Anet doesn’t have to pay ppl anything as well. It’s FREE to FREE.

Wait, so are you saying Anet charged us money but provided us broken final boss fight? So we could charge them for money?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Gems and BLC tickets are FREE as well, it’s not like Anet would lost any real money for it.

Let’s say that every player that gets the gems turns it into gold. Let’s say that the average gold earned is 50 (it would change as more people converted gems, the later ones getting less than the first ones).

How many players are actively playing? I would say it’s safe to bet 10,000. It’s likely higher. But 10,000 × 50 is 500,000 gold. 500,000 gold magically entered into the game’s economy in a couple of days. That’s a set up for bad inflation to happen. And remember that my active population estimate is likely low…

Conversely, they give everyone 1 free ticket. Given the likelihood of this happening frequently, they wouldn’t want to waste any dev resources on making anything. Meaning a ticket can be put towards any of the weapons, including the ones that can be sold on the TP. And just one ticket would likely anger many in the community since there are a number of weapons that require more than one ticket to buy. It would be seen as a ploy to get players to buy keys. And that’s not the kind of PR you want.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

You are correct, it is your right to speak. It is also your right to read the terms of service you agreed to when signing up for a service. Such as the following taken from:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/

Section 10 paragraph B
“You acknowledge that Service may be interrupted for reasons within or beyond the control of ArenaNet, that ArenaNet cannot and does not guarantee You will be able to use the Game or any Account whenever You wish to do so, that ArenaNet will interrupt the Service on a regular basis for purposes of maintenance or updates and may do so without providing You with notice before such interruption, and that ArenaNet may provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to the Game that You must accept and/or install before You will be able to use the Game.”

What does it have to do with me asking to give us anything free? It’s about account usage, not update.

LOL if you don’t understand how this paragraph is relevant, there is absolutely no reason for us to continue debating with you on this subject. That said, I’ve bolded the relevant bits.

Have a great day.

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

Ok so upsate delayed due to uncontrollable thing’s. Who do we blame? Not the company things happen they tried to make todays update happen. In about 15 years of playing anets games i dont think i can remember it ever happening before.

Its far more then clicking a button to give away things in game. It would take few millions of clicks and hours of time. This all costs money. Gw1 n gw2 are cery different from nearly every game. Anet itself is very giving and understanding. Its not like u paid for todays update its a free update one they give to us.
They could be like every other game and do only expansions and charge 60 bucks for them. I stead they give us alot of free content and all u have to do is log in to get it.
They keep the game from becoming pay to win. They try hardest to please the mass of player base. Everyone wants different things in game . Some want certain changes some against a it. What this company does is t easy they spend countess hours working late nights fixing things after big updates. They come in game n play with us do things with us let us speak ours minds. They listen alot more then most companys. So instead of crying that there isnt a update or saying this is ********** give me free things cuz you guys think you deserve it or it wont cost them anything to do it and or simple.
Why why why instead go play the event that was soppose to stop today you getting extra time on it and not ask for things and delay the staff more

No they don’t have to, they have some program to give everyone stuff.

It’s FREE to FREE, the gems or BLC tickets cost them nothing.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Lol, stop being that pathetic and expecting handouts. Man, people are getting really entitled these days.

They didn’t release the patch because of the circumstances they had no control over (the weather). And according to them they are trying their best to fix the situation asap.

The whole thing is just hilarious. People throwing tantrums because a game patch was late. You have so little going on in your lives that a late patch is the source of a big drama? People seriously take days off work for this? And it’s okay if they do, but that was their decision to do so, not Anet’s. Therefore, they are fully responsible for it and Anet owes them nothing. No free gems, no precursors, nothing. You are already getting a fresh LS3 episode free of charge and they’re doing their best to ship it to you asap.

TL;DR – stop being a whiny brat and acting like it’s the end of the world. No, you don’t deserve any free stuff for it and you will get LS3 episode when it’s ready.

It’s still their fault, they couldn’t give out any date and let ppl wait for nothing till the last minute.

We don’t ask for money or real things, it’s just some gems or BLC tickets, it cost them NOTHING, they just need to do something in their program.

how is an unexpected snowstorm their fault?

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

LOL if you don’t understand how this paragraph is relevant, there is absolutely no reason for us to continue debating with you on this subject. That said, I’ve bolded the relevant bits.

Have a great day.

It’s about using my account, not any update provided.

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

how is an unexpected snowstorm their fault?

They didn’t give us any ETA and said we would be able to get it today. It’s more reasonable to give some ETA and make the “tomorrow” statement earlier, at least hint for the possibility.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: electricwater.1572

electricwater.1572

No, even the GM could do it easily with their permission. To be fair, the skins are already skyrocket high, what’s wrong to bring them down?

I did pay the money to be able to get the content. Anet doesn’t have to pay ppl anything as well. It’s FREE to FREE.

Wait, so are you saying Anet charged us money but provided us broken final boss fight? So we could charge them for money?

…you paid for HOT content (and maybe the core GW2 game). LS is not a part of HOT and not a part of the core game. Therefore, you did not pay for it. What is so hard to get?

Giving tickets out on a massive scale (like you suggest) and making the skin of your choice account-bound (just in this case) will surely require some sort of tweaking, I can assure you.

How is it a broken boss fight? And yes, if you have any particular comments about it, you should totally discuss it with Anet’s crew and report any bugs/problems with it to the team, but how is it relevant to this conversation and LS?

(edited by electricwater.1572)

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

dew to the snow storm i wish anet the best an to keep safe n warm ! an check your daily weather for the area of storms! see u all in the morning an keep up the good work in letting us know anet!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

@Slowpokeking, many of us are not happy that the patch did not come today. However, we are also aware that kitten happens. Its called life. Anet is a business. A business which was impacted by unexpected weather. They aren’t the first and won’t be the last to be put in a position where an item was stated as being available to customers, but ended up being postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. It happens every day in the consumer market to varying degrees.

They still made they attempt to deliver the patch despite the set back, to the best of their ability. They took it right down the to the line for business hours, and only then admitted defeat in meeting today’s deadline. However, they have also stated that they plan on working through the night to get this pushed out, which is admirable. Many companies will not do this.

We understand that you’re disappointed. So are we, but you need a serious wake up call regarding how life apparently works.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Gems cost real money or your time in the game playing and converting gold into gems (still a cost), and BLC tickets cost keys which also cost gems (money/time) or just your time to farm them, but there is still a cost.

Furthermore, no you and everyone else here not with a free account paid for the core game content and the content that was delivered with HoT. Whether that content was “complete” or not is debatable, but also completely irrelevant since ALL living world content (ever single hour of game play of LS since launch) has been free extra content created and delivered by Anet. There is ZERO obligation on their part to make any of this content and deliver it nor are they obligated to deliver it on your or my schedule. You are not owed this content nor are you owed compensation of any sort for it not dropping today due to unforeseen circumstances.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

…you paid for HOT content (and maybe the core GW2 game). LS is not a part of HOT and not a part of the core game. Therefore, you did not pay for it. What is so hard to get?

Giving tickets out on a massive scale (like you suggest) and making the skin of your choice account-bound (just in this case) will surely require some sort of tweaking, I can assure you.

How is it a broken boss fight? And yes, if you have any particular comments about it, you should totally discuss it with Anet’s crew and report any bugs/problems with it to the team, but how is it relevant to this conversations and LS?

It is, without HoT you couldn’t play S3, ppl paid for HoT not just for the content at that time but everything else later, till the next xpc.

No it won’t, it’s like the birthday gift which require little effort, even the GM could do it with ease if they were allowed to.

Try it yourself and you will understand.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Incorrect, HOT was adversited with LS and a certain amount of Raids, you didn’t just buy an expansion, but a season pass.

Episode 4 release time?

Slowpokeking.8720

@Slowpokeking, many of us are not happy that the patch did not come today. However, we are also aware that kitten happens. Its called life. Anet is a business. A business which was impacted by unexpected weather. They aren’t the first and won’t be the last to be put in a position where an item was stated as being available to customers, but ended up being postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. It happens every day in the consumer market to varying degrees.

They still made they attempt to deliver the patch despite the set back, to the best of their ability. They took it right down the to the line for business hours, and only then admitted defeat in meeting today’s deadline. However, they have also stated that they plan on working through the night to get this pushed out, which is admirable. Many companies will not do this.

We understand that you’re disappointed. So are we, but you need a serious wake up call regarding how life apparently works.

It’s not like we are asking them to pay us money, just some ingame stuff which will cost them nothing other than click some program.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

anet dev team hard at work despite the weather conditions! https://media.giphy.com/media/N3YrN3vZ9Zgis/giphy.gif

Keep it up guys, don’t worry about the delay. Stuff happens.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Infuriating!

Yesterday the sky was completely covered. Last night it was getting windy. Looked like a storm was coming in.

I get out of bed today and the sky is clear, the winds ain’t blowing, and the thermometer shows a high of around 74 degrees F for the day. It hasn’t snowed in my area in years.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/829028232020316160

AreneaNet, please! Take my global warming!

Thanks, O’Brien.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

No, the money was paid for the living story content. Without it I can’t log to play the game.

Wrong. You can log in and play the game. The you can play in the HoT maps, the core maps, PvP, WvW, Dragonball special event, even some LS3 maps. Not having the new chapter to the story will stop you from being able to log in and do something (besides the newest story chapter).

So in this case, I paid for HoT but the content was badly broken and still isn’t fixed till today, shouldn’t Anet give ppl something?

On this point, you’re correct: You payed for HoT. HoT is not broken… well, not in a way that hurts you. It’s just the next chapter of the Living Story which is free content for the time being is delayed. This doesn’t entitle you to anything. Nothing. And even “free stuff” isn’t free. The economy would be affected by any hand outs. Even account-bound free items would have an affect on ANet’s sales. Just suck it up and enjoy the one thing in HoT that is still (technically) broken

… the Auric Basin Multi Map! When ANet does release the next chapter of LS3, the will fix the ABMM…. so no more sweet sweet looting. :P

(edited by Silas Eorth.7348)

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It’s not like we are asking them to pay us money, just some ingame stuff which will cost them nothing other than click some program.

Whether or not it will cost them anything (which, technically it does since someone has to take the time to do it, and that person gets paid for taking that time), is entirely beside the point. They do not owe you anything. Being disappointed does not equate to getting free stuff. That’s just not how things work. It’s not like you’re not getting the content “at all.” Its just going to be several hours later than previously expected. Its no different than a raincheck.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

It does cost them.

There may be players about to buy gems in order to buy a set of keys to get a chance at one more ticket for the weapon skin of their choice. This ticket means they don’t buy gems.

It also shortens the time players take to get their goals. MMO’s need their goals as no MMO company can produce content faster than players can consume it. Players with no new goals in a game tend to go to new games with new goals they can complete. Players that leave the game don’t buy gems. They don’t contribute to the number of players who log in on a given day. They’re less likely to buy expansion packs.

Short term has no effect, but you’ve got to look long term when it comes to MMO’s.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Pizzarugi.7352

Pizzarugi.7352

No they don’t have to, they have some program to give everyone stuff.

It’s FREE to FREE, the gems or BLC tickets cost them nothing.

Technically it does cost them something.

You can buy 800 gems for $10 on the store. If we cut that in half, that would be 400 for $5. This is what people like you want Anet to provide them or close enough.

Now 400 gems for one person is nothing to Anet, it’s pennies to them. GW2, however, is an MMO and that means there’s typically a huge number of people playing this game. Let’s assume hypothetically that this game is played with 10,000 active users every day. That means 4,000,000 gems worth a total of $50,000 was just handed out.

And honestly, I don’t think they should. They didn’t choose to push the update back a day, the snowstorm made them. This isn’t their fault that something happened which they weren’t able to predict.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Schewe.1673

Schewe.1673

Imagine the nightmare of being a retail worker or weatherman in this day and age of extreme entitlement.

I’m sure ArenaNet didn’t originally push the release date to tomorrow because they intended to make every effort to drop the content on time or the same day.

It didn’t happen; get over it and go about your day. Do you think the ANet staff started throwing a conniption at and nagging the power company for the outage?

Kudos to those of you who have common sense and don’t freak out about trivial issues such as this.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

@Schewe I actually bet some Anet legal guy did exactly that, I suspect in fact there are people who work for Anet, whose job is getting on to other companies to complain, be it the power company, the software companies that supply the office, the suppliers for the canteen. They will have someone whose job it is to call other companies and demand they do their job, they probably threaten legal action or moving business to another supplier.

It’s how companies work.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I might of paid over 1000 in 4 years. Quit with this entitled nonsense. HoT was released a year ago you got what you paid for with HoT content, LS releases are released for free initially but when new content gets released the previous becomes it’s own DLC unlock(For gems). It would make sense to call it bad service if the release was pushed back and was caused internally by a massive bug or something went horribly wrong with the patch, along with if you paid a sub or premium to access the content early, but you don’t. Nor is it Anet’s fault for something happening far beyond their control such as weather. You can wait a additional day for the release and it’s not like the game itself is out of commission until patch release either.

A example of your demanding would be like if a land slide happened and blocked off a fast food drive through which needs a day to be cleared before it was accessible again. Though wanting free food as compensation because you can’t use the drive through with the new updated menu, and you’ve spent hundreds of dollars on food there and accusing them of bad service.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Schewe.1673

Schewe.1673

@Schewe I actually bet some Anet legal guy did exactly that, I suspect in fact there are people who work for Anet, whose job is getting on to other companies to complain, be it the power company, the software companies that supply the office, the suppliers for the canteen. They will have someone whose job it is to call other companies and demand they do their job, they probably threaten legal action or moving business to another supplier.

It’s how companies work.

I’m very aware of how businesses function, thanks. You really think a legal rep for ArenaNet threatened suit for this event without any prior third party communication, huh? Don’t misconstrue what was clearly an exaggerated scenario.

(edited by Schewe.1673)

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

Arenanet should give everyone 30 gems, it’s the least they could do for what’s happened, and of course completely unrelated to the fact that I have 670 gems and need 30 more to buy all the cool outfits ;D

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Edo.1095

Edo.1095

Arenanet should give everyone 30 gems, it’s the least they could do for what’s happened, and of course completely unrelated to the fact that I have 670 gems and need 30 more to buy all the cool outfits ;D

@Coso. Living in the general area of Anet (2 hrs out), I can confirm that the weather was bad yesterday which caused a ton of issues in the area Anet is located. Schools were delayed or cancelled the last 2 days due to the weather conditions. I also know power in several areas have been lost several times. There is nothing they can do to prevent this from happening. Mother nature has her own agenda at hand which we can not control. Your request for 30 gems is asinine. Where I live, we have a foot of snow on the ground with areas of 4-6 foot drifts. Just be patient and wait for them to finish the update reload.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Unfortunate, but understandable.

Still, come on people. Cut ANet some slack. At least they tried to get the update out. We can’t control weather.

Let’s look at things more positively. We all have a functioning game, plus there’s more time for bug-fixes.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Jesus, the entitled little kittenbags in this thread. They couldn’t help it kitten . Get a grip!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Xilicks.9547

Xilicks.9547

As we all know the patch that was scheduled for today was delayed due to weather/tech issues. Clearly this is out of Arena Net’s hands as they claim they tried their best to get the patch out today and were unable. Honestly this is fine and I think everyone can agree with that.

The problem that I have with all of this is they stated the storms and the problems took place on Monday (the day before the patch) If they knew it was going to be a problem then, why still advertise for Tuesday? I imagine the simple answer to this was they believed they’d still get it out on time. Come Tuesday and we hear about the delay around the time people were expecting the patch. This sucks because many players (specifically raiders) scheduled their entire day around progressing on Tuesday. Many made sacrifices to make sure they could be there and support their team for whatever goal they planned on accomplishing. (Many people on my team decided to use their sick days or wake up very early in preparation for this, and after talking to other teams many did the same)

Okay, so what?

I personally feel its a bit unfair to the players to have them waiting all day just to hear that they aren’t getting the patch. I would’ve been fine hearing Monday, or even early Tuesday that the patch would be delayed or to not expect it for a set amount of hours. Instead we were just told “as soon as possible” myself and many others waited in Gw2 doing nothing for an entire day because we were led on to believe the patch was on its way. The problem was there was no certainty nobody wanted to leave in fear that the patch would be there. (This matters a lot when you care about being on top of the raids or even those who were planning on jumping into the story ASAP to avoid spoilers) Arena net kept an entire community on the edge of their seats and didn’t deliver. All I’m asking for is better communication. If you can’t get the patch on time you can’t get the patch but don’t leave us questioning for well over half a day when said patch is coming and or if were even getting the patch that day.

~I don’t want this thread to create a bunch of salt, I just hope that Anet can learn from this nightmare many of us went through today and hopefully let us know ahead of time if there are going to be issues before many of us inconvenience our personal lives for a false promise. They’ve done well in the past for giving us patches on time and I hope nothing like this happens again.

Sickest Guild [NA]
Kaineng

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Feersum Endjinn.4179

Feersum Endjinn.4179

I’m guessing you don’t know the work that goes into restoring servers after an event like this? I have been there and can say, its a moving target and very difficult to give a definitive estimate. The amount of times I have been “oh, it’ll be about 30 minutes”, just to find another issue or that something isn’t quite right is beyond counting. I also know what it is to put in all nighters to get these kinds of issues fixed and can promise you they aren’t fun either. What I would say is cut the team at anet a little slack, its not like they are doing this intentionally, they want you to have this content as soon as they can, but they are relying on estimates themselves, so what do you want them to say?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: sevenDEADLY.5281

sevenDEADLY.5281

I just hope that Anet can learn from this nightmare many of us went through today

You consider having to wait less then 24 hours for a video game a “nightmare”? I hope no one ever has to face a real challenge in life with you by their side.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

This exact subject is already being discussed in several threads. Did it really need another?

The storm was well out of their control and they tried their best to get the release out today. When they realized that it was no longer possible, it was announced. I’d rather they try than give up the second they reach an obstacle where they may not make it.

Players are the ones who chose to take time off of work or spend their day in front of the computer. In case people don’t realize, all LS3 episodes are permanent once you log in. You don’t have to do it today. You don’t even have to do it tomorrow. It’s not going anywhere.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Xilicks.9547

Xilicks.9547

I’m guessing you don’t know the work that goes into restoring servers after an event like this? I have been there and can say, its a moving target and very difficult to give a definitive estimate. The amount of times I have been “oh, it’ll be about 30 minutes”, just to find another issue or that something isn’t quite right is beyond counting. I also know what it is to put in all nighters to get these kinds of issues fixed and can promise you they aren’t fun either. What I would say is cut the team at anet a little slack, its not like they are doing this intentionally, they want you to have this content as soon as they can, but they are relying on estimates themselves, so what do you want them to say?

No I get it, obviously they didn’t actually know or they wouldn’t have let it go on that long but why not just say “ok we have no idea how longs its actually going to take lets tell them that” instead of hearing “ASAP!” as if it was just around the corner.

Sickest Guild [NA]
Kaineng