Episode 4 release time?

Episode 4 release time?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xilicks.9547

Xilicks.9547

I understand what you mean and I saw a link floating around the forum that if true, then Anet did have a feeling that the patch would not come out today yet decided to keep pulling us along. http://imgur.com/a/16wjT I also understand that they wanted to keep trying to work on getting it out today and good on them for their efforts, but if they felt that it was unlikely for the patch to be released today (having this feeling since the day BEFORE) they shouldn’t have kept us on the edge of our seats.

Like if they had any doubt, we should’ve known. Obviously they were working hard and we all appreciate that but we really were led on for quite some time without any info until MO’s post.

Sickest Guild [NA]
Kaineng

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If Anet doesn’t want to cater to the audience that cares about this subject that’s up to them. I’m personally suggesting that they do as there are many players (you know people supporting their game) who do care about the time. Whether or not you care about when the patch comes out is irrelevant to the ones who made sacrifices because they were told by anet the patch would be today. (Were fine with delays anet just give us a heads up instead of leading us on! And if you don’t know when it’ll be ready at least let us know when you guys plan on making the calling choice because waiting for an entire day with no definitive news until MO’s post wasn’t fun for many.)

They did give a heads up about the delay about an hour after the earliest it would have released. They still thought they would release today so they didn’t give the announcement that it wouldn’t release. When they knew for certain that it wouldn’t release, they made the announcement.

This still doesn’t solve the problem. “When they knew for certain that it wouldn’t release, they made the announcement.” What I’m suggesting is why can’t we be told there will be an announcement at X time and that will say whether or not we get the patch. Therefore if its done BEFORE the X time well anet can just hold off until that set time. If it doesn’t done, no big deal they just delay it and let us know that it’ll be delayed.

The problem was in reality we weren’t told we were getting this announcement or any announcement for that matter. Every post was random (time wise) and didn’t provide anything until MO’s post. Why can’t there be some structure to the way they communicate with us? I don’t mind waiting MORE time if it means we know a time we’ll be getting news on the situation good or bad.

Once again:

They wanted to get the release out as soon as they can. I’m sure many would prefer that. I’m sure they also wouldn’t appreciate having to wait an X amount of time if they happen to finish early just to appease those that wanted word’s first in the raid or had to keep their eyes glued on their PC screen for the yellow text.

They could always release early if they finish early. – but at least give a heads up. You’re acting as if them being a bit more open/giving info ahead of time with/to the community who they all know are waiting for this is a bad thing?

So let’s say that they give a response to players that they would give an update to players in 3 hours. They finish in an hour and are ready. They then give an announcement that the release will go live in 10 minutes. You’d be okay with that?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

As a few have already said, their communication was fine, perhaps its the way you read that communication that is the issue..

Clearly saying ASAP for a whole day isn’t clear communication.

What else can they say if they have no ETA and they want to let players know that they’re still working to get it released that day?

I already provided a reasonable solution to this.

If they don’t know when.

Then tell us “Hey don’t sit there and wait we’ll let you know if were ready at X time”

This way everyone doesn’t have to wait until it is X time and then we can hear from anet whether or not it is ready.

This is a fair solution to them not knowing the exact time.

It also would’ve been nice to know the day of the storm there might be a delay but I can understand if they didn’t have the knowledge of the delay until it was announced. I don’t think its fair of them to delay for an unknown time whenever they could have done something like provided. Clearly it didn’t happen today and I’m over it but its a suggestion for the future in the event something like this happens once more.

Nobody had to sit there and wait. They made the choice to do so. It’s also unfair to delay the release until some announced time if they happen to finish early just because of those that want world’s first in the raid or feel inclined to sit glued in front of their PC staring at the chat window for the yellow text.

It’s not only for the raiders, many waited. It’s totally fair to make everyone wait if there is a set time because then you’re still waiting but you actually have some sense of security instead of the endless question of “are we there yet” this isn’t a matter of impatience but a matter of just knowing when.

But then there’s the player that had work in the evening and if they released the patch when ready would have been able to get the patch going before they headed off to work and maybe if they were lucky, got to pop in and do a LS mission or two.

And if they literally thought the patch was going to be ready soon when they made the announcements they were making, why would they decide to make the launch time way in the future? What would they have to gain?

Episode 4 release time?

Xilicks.9547

If Anet doesn’t want to cater to the audience that cares about this subject that’s up to them. I’m personally suggesting that they do as there are many players (you know people supporting their game) who do care about the time. Whether or not you care about when the patch comes out is irrelevant to the ones who made sacrifices because they were told by anet the patch would be today. (Were fine with delays anet just give us a heads up instead of leading us on! And if you don’t know when it’ll be ready at least let us know when you guys plan on making the calling choice because waiting for an entire day with no definitive news until MO’s post wasn’t fun for many.)

They did give a heads up about the delay about an hour after the earliest it would have released. They still thought they would release today so they didn’t give the announcement that it wouldn’t release. When they knew for certain that it wouldn’t release, they made the announcement.

This still doesn’t solve the problem. “When they knew for certain that it wouldn’t release, they made the announcement.” What I’m suggesting is why can’t we be told there will be an announcement at X time and that will say whether or not we get the patch. Therefore if its done BEFORE the X time well anet can just hold off until that set time. If it doesn’t done, no big deal they just delay it and let us know that it’ll be delayed.

The problem was in reality we weren’t told we were getting this announcement or any announcement for that matter. Every post was random (time wise) and didn’t provide anything until MO’s post. Why can’t there be some structure to the way they communicate with us? I don’t mind waiting MORE time if it means we know a time we’ll be getting news on the situation good or bad.

Once again:

They wanted to get the release out as soon as they can. I’m sure many would prefer that. I’m sure they also wouldn’t appreciate having to wait an X amount of time if they happen to finish early just to appease those that wanted word’s first in the raid or had to keep their eyes glued on their PC screen for the yellow text.

They could always release early if they finish early. – but at least give a heads up. You’re acting as if them being a bit more open/giving info ahead of time with/to the community who they all know are waiting for this is a bad thing?

So let’s say that they give a response to players that they would give an update to players in 3 hours. They finish in an hour and are ready. They then give an announcement that the release will go live in 10 minutes. You’d be okay with that?

Yes and no, 10 minutes is a bit short but thats essentially the deal. I want a time of certainty but if they finish and decide to release early (before the certainty) there should be a notice on like twitter/forums/reddit whatever maybe 20-30 minutes ahead of time so people can get online and prepare for whatever content they’re planning to tackle that day. And if they don’t finish early or decide to release early we have the “time of certainty” where we get some news good or bad and no harm no foul either way.

Sickest Guild [NA]
Kaineng

Episode 4 release time?

Seera.5916

Once again:

Yes and no, 10 minutes is a bit short but thats essentially the deal. I want a time of certainty but if they finish and decide to release early (before the certainty) there should be a notice on like twitter/forums/reddit whatever maybe 20-30 minutes ahead of time so people can get online and prepare for whatever content they’re planning to tackle that day. And if they don’t finish early or decide to release early we have the “time of certainty” where we get some news good or bad and no harm no foul either way.

10 minutes is enough time on a patch day. Content isn’t going to disappear if you aren’t able to get online within 10-20 minutes of launch.

World Firsts in anything isn’t enough to delay a patch that’s already been delayed.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Once again:

Ten minutes is plenty.

Episode 4 release time?

Xilicks.9547

As a few have already said, their communication was fine, perhaps its the way you read that communication that is the issue..

What else can they say if they have no ETA and they want to let players know that they’re still working to get it released that day?

If they don’t know when.

Then tell us “Hey don’t sit there and wait we’ll let you know if were ready at X time”

This way everyone doesn’t have to wait until it is X time and then we can hear from anet whether or not it is ready.

It also would’ve been nice to know the day of the storm there might be a delay but I can understand if they didn’t have the knowledge of the delay until it was announced. I don’t think its fair of them to delay for an unknown time whenever they could have done something like provided. Clearly it didn’t happen today and I’m over it but its a suggestion for the future in the event something like this happens once more.

Nobody had to sit there and wait. They made the choice to do so. It’s also unfair to delay the release until some announced time if they happen to finish early just because of those that want world’s first in the raid or feel inclined to sit glued in front of their PC staring at the chat window for the yellow text.

It’s not only for the raiders, many waited. It’s totally fair to make everyone wait if there is a set time because then you’re still waiting but you actually have some sense of security instead of the endless question of “are we there yet” this isn’t a matter of impatience but a matter of just knowing when.

But then there’s the player that had work in the evening and if they released the patch when ready would have been able to get the patch going before they headed off to work and maybe if they were lucky, got to pop in and do a LS mission or two.

And if they literally thought the patch was going to be ready soon when they made the announcements they were making, why would they decide to make the launch time way in the future? What would they have to gain?

One gain is they get more cred as a PR team. Also avoids a lot of unnecessary drama on forums like we see now. Obviously this system wouldn’t work for everyone but having a set time is more fair then being in question. Clearly set times are impossible when you don’t know when you’ll be done but at least a set announcement time would be more than enough. If they finish early they could patch early but we should be given some fair notice if its going to be ahead of time. Literally 1 tweet can do that. Wouldn’t be hard and would be fair to the players.

Sickest Guild [NA]
Kaineng

Episode 4 release time?

Seera.5916

If they don’t know when.

One gain is they get more cred as a PR team. Also avoids a lot of unnecessary drama on forums like we see now. Obviously this system wouldn’t work for everyone but having a set time is more fair then being in question. Clearly set times are impossible when you don’t know when you’ll be done but at least a set announcement time would be more than enough. If they finish early they could patch early but we should be given some fair notice if its going to be ahead of time. Literally 1 tweet can do that. Wouldn’t be hard and would be fair to the players.

Really?! Patch possibly ready in 10 minutes, make announcement that you’re going to make an announcement in 3 hours…

Makes absolutely no sense and would tell me as a customer that one team has no idea what the other team does. Would be bad PR in my books to think you’re about to release a patch soon but tell the world that you’ll let us know if the patch is coming today in 3 hours.

Episode 4 release time?

Xilicks.9547

Once again:

10 minutes is enough time on a patch day. Content isn’t going to disappear if you aren’t able to get online within 10-20 minutes of launch.

World Firsts in anything isn’t enough to delay a patch that’s already been delayed.

I’m not saying they delay it just for world firsts but it would be delayed for those who are waiting. They wouldn’t even have to delay further if they had better communication on the matter.

This discussion is getting really hypothetical.

If they’re unsure we should know they’re unsure and they should give us a time for an announcement as to not inconvenience thousands of players.

If you feel making people wait for an announcement is more inconvenient then idk what else to suggest I’m sure anet themselves can think of something I’d just love (and many others would to) if we could have a system where they can convey clear information to use even in times where they aren’t certain. If it means a delay so what at least were not uncertain of when the patch is INC.

(also doing a patch is also beneficial right on release as it has plenty of benefits not only raiders are waiting, some like to sell the newest items for the best prices, some like to get the story done before spoilers, some like to plan out with a group to do the content, no times = no planning / inconvenience)

Sickest Guild [NA]
Kaineng

Episode 4 release time?

Xilicks.9547

If they don’t know when.

Really?! Patch possibly ready in 10 minutes, make announcement that you’re going to make an announcement in 3 hours…

Makes absolutely no sense and would tell me as a customer that one team has no idea what the other team does. Would be bad PR in my books to think you’re about to release a patch soon but tell the world that you’ll let us know if the patch is coming today in 3 hours.

Makes total sense as this wouldn’t happen EVERY patch. Only those where problems like this arose. Clearly something like this would benefit today but could potentially not benefit another time. The problem when not knowing when something will be done is a thing and a system like that would solve that issue for the times its needed. So what if we have to wait for a patch a few extra hours its not like we’d ever know at least we’d know how long to wait for.

Sickest Guild [NA]
Kaineng

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They’ve never said what time patches drop, ever. Now from collective experience we know they try first thing once a sanity check is done when they get in, so usually 9p PDT/PST (depending on DST). Now obviously with ArenaNet not having power for at least part, if not the whole day on Monday that their usual SOP got thrown for a loop.

I don’t blame them for hoping they could pull it off. But on the other hand, anybody who follows any ANet dev would have heard about the snow issues for this morning (Seattle isn’t use to snow and what they got, which doesn’t seem all that bad for some of us in snowier areas of the country, not only amplified the horrible traffic problem Seattle has on a good day, but also the loss of power to 60-100K in the greater Seattle area. Knowing this it didn’t surprise me that it didn’t drop at noon.

Could they have announced a delay Monday evening? Maybe. Would that have been enough time for competitive Raid groups to not call in sick? Don’t know. The angry people are “kids on Christmas morning” wanting to unwrap their new toys and find out, due to weather elsewhere, Amazon 2-day shipping wasn’t.

The only downside was players staying in game waiting rather than go off and do other stuff, play other games. Actually it was one of the most enjoyable times with all the impromptu release day parties.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: tanmiro.5918

tanmiro.5918

Once again:

You want this, you want that… ppl taking day off purposly to play game… kitty game… it is insane whats goin on in many ppl heads… LS is free… and its delayed because of weather… well tough kitty… nothing we can do. It was choice of ppl to wait…and stand still in one place waiting for patch. I was waiting and hoping but i did something more productive that waiting in aerodrome or in QD… i do SW, map explo etc… for god sake we always getting announcement 10-20 min before patch is live… so whats the problem then move to design are where u want to be and then update>play?… no problem at all.

I`ve seen enough demanding and entitlement post today… its funny how ppl thing they have to get “gems” “lion tickets” etc… its free content we get, i will reapet its FREE!!!.

As of many ppl said this before, i will remind you AGAIN… there were plenty notification on twitter, forum about delay. They tried to fix it, they could. Well we will have it tomorrow or day after, when its ready. Simple is that. So stop trowing your rage covering with " we need better communiaction". It`s not helping anyone.

Episode 4 release time?

Seera.5916

If they don’t know when.

Makes total sense as this wouldn’t happen EVERY patch. Only those where problems like this arose. Clearly something like this would benefit today but could potentially not benefit another time. The problem when not knowing when something will be done is a thing and a system like that would solve that issue for the times its needed. So what if we have to wait for a patch a few extra hours its not like we’d ever know at least we’d know how long to wait for.

Oh really? I wouldn’t know?!

Public post says they are still trying for today but will let us know in 3 hours if the patch is going live today or not.

That statement tells me it’s likely going to be later than sooner for the patch.

10 minutes later patch goes live.

I go wtf, you just told me it was going to be later than sooner? Is communication that bad? Is trust in your staff that bad?

And I don’t want to wait 3 hours for a finished patch just because some people can’t handle things not being scheduled.

The patch was already scheduled for today. If the patch is ready today, then they don’t need to announce it prior to releasing it. Because we were already told it would be today.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Airyll.7849

Airyll.7849

This seems to be a thread of one person who reads “ASAP” and doesn’t understand that the full term is “As Soon As Possible.”

Can somebody bring back Colin, please? I think some people here need a good dose of “When it’s ready.” because that is honestly what this boils down to.

If you take a day off of work because you’re a raider and you want #first bragging rights, I have bad news for you: there are raid teams that get to play that dungeon before you do. They help test the raid wing. There are regular players who have seen, played through and completed the entire raid wing, so your #first is not an actual first of any kind outside of “first to publicly clear the raid wing”.

(What’s the internet’s obsession with #first anyway? Are so many peoples’ egos really that fragile?)

Anyway, back on topic, now that we’ve discussed the fact your #first is an illusion to begin with, we’ll talk about this communication problem you keep claiming to be the source of your post. (Even though you fight and disagree with everybody who points out that you’re reading far too into ANet’s communication and that, in fact, the problem lies with you. Bully for you then, that I’m going to tell you the same.)

ASAP means “As Soon As Possible” and is equivalent to Colin’s favourite phrase “When It’s Ready”. This does not mean “In twenty minutes” or “In an hour” or even “By the end of today” but instead, very literally, means “As soon as it is physically possible within the realms of our reality to make it available – and not before

You were never given time frames. Ever. You seemed to have imposed those on yourself, along with everybody else who waited hopefully with a little gleam in their eye and, for the raiders, the little dribble in the corner of their mouths at the idea they might get the illusionary bragging rights to say #first on the internet and have a small round of applause. ArenaNet never told you that it would be ready by yesterday. They haven’t even told you it will be ready by today – they’ve said they’re going to try but they are making no promises and therefore it is not a guarantee that today will be the day the patch drops.

The only people I see here complaining about ArenaNet’s poor communication are people who actually seem to be failing at communication themselves, or more, failing to comprehend the communication you are given. Sorry to tell you, but generally if you’ve been waiting for four hours already and there’s been no sign of improvement? You can start to assume that “ASAP” and specifically the “Soon” part of “ASAP” is not the conventional soon you’d like it to be.

I’m going to be 25 soon. In May. In the grand scheme of a year, May is soon, therefore I can say I will be 25 soon.

Soon doesn’t actually mean in the next five minutes. Soon depends entirely on the context of the situation. In this case, it was “as soon as possible” and there’s a very good reason that the entire ArenaNet community makes “When It’s Ready” jokes.

I’ll leave you to try and piece two and two together, as dangerous as that may well be given your penchant for seeming to wind up with three instead of four based on your responses in this thread.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: The Dervish.7384

The Dervish.7384

Totaly agreed with Xilicks. I had seen by Devs like “We said it will be released in 7th, we can not give exact hour”. So, its 8th and I’m still betting will not today too. Were not they working hard to release it? I’m sure they were. But, they would say/do what Xilicks trying to explain. And this is not a fanboy vs anti-fanboy situation.

You are driving a community Anet…

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Lollipup.6537

Lollipup.6537

I feel for you. Here you are trying to suggest an improvement in communications (in our eyes at least) and you’re being bashed for it for “raging” and being “entitled”. v.v It was a simple and harmless suggestion with good intentions and could mean less customers getting angry (even if just a little). Welp I’m out, no sense in trying to argue your point with people who can’t see beyond their nose.

Episode 4 release time?

tanmiro.5918

Totaly agreed with Xilicks. I had seen by Devs like “We said it will be released in 7th, we can not give exact hour”. So, its 8th and I’m still betting will not today too. Were not they working hard to release it? I’m sure they were. But, they would say/do what Xilicks trying to explain. And this is not a fanboy vs anti-fanboy situation.

You might understand what Xlicks saying, but you are not understanding what coding, proccesing and sustaining server is. If you did, you would realise that its not easy task to fix something after power cut, we were lucky in that case we could play gw2, even to it was bit laggybut still we were able. Some games, would be shut down , and wouldnt be available for god knows how long.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

They didn’t announce that it wouldn’t come out on the 7th until most of (if not all) of Europe was already on the 8th.

They could have saved some of their customers an evening.

Episode 4 release time?

Airyll.7849

Developers said the planned release was 7th February.

Developers then say that there is an internal delay due to weather storm. They’re working on it, and they will get the patch live “As soon as possible.” Nowhere did they say “We will still absolutely get it to you, guaranteed, today on the 7th, this day, today, before this day the 7th of February is over.”

What they did say is that they also didn’t want the delay to be too big and they hoped they could release it before the end of the day, but that ultimately release would be “As Soon As Possible.”

What are you people failing to understand about this? You’re grabbing at straws and putting words into ANet’s mouth – and as somebody who has been the first to drag ANet through the mud for terrible communication or bad decisions in the past – I literally can’t see what you’re getting so heated over. This failure to communicate is a failure on your part to understand what you have been told, and literally nothing more.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: electricwater.1572

electricwater.1572

…you paid for HOT content (and maybe the core GW2 game). LS is not a part of HOT and not a part of the core game. Therefore, you did not pay for it. What is so hard to get?

Giving tickets out on a massive scale (like you suggest) and making the skin of your choice account-bound (just in this case) will surely require some sort of tweaking, I can assure you.

How is it a broken boss fight? And yes, if you have any particular comments about it, you should totally discuss it with Anet’s crew and report any bugs/problems with it to the team, but how is it relevant to this conversations and LS?

It is, without HoT you couldn’t play S3, ppl paid for HoT not just for the content at that time but everything else later, till the next xpc.

No it won’t, it’s like the birthday gift which require little effort, even the GM could do it with ease if they were allowed to.

Try it yourself and you will understand.

Funny how the promotional website for HoT doesn’t mention anything about you paying for LS as well. Prove me otherwise please.

Regardless, you will still be getting your episode, just a day later. It’s not crucial to you to play it asap, it’s just a game after all. No one died because of this. Also, they do not have a set day and time for their releases (officially). So even if they deliver it 1-2 days later, they still kept their promise to release it in February.

Birthday gift IS coded, it happens automatically, or do you think GM sends it to every player personally? Lol. Perhaps they could do it for 10 people manually if they wanted, but giving it to EVERYONE would require tons of effort.

Another argument for it unbalancing the economy – people with multiple paid accounts. Since they would have to ‘refund’ every existing account (even people who use their alternative accounts just for acquiring extra mats from log-in rewards), then people with 5 accounts would get a lot of skins/gems they could sell.

Last time I played it, it was not broken. If it is now, report it (if it had not been reported already) and hopefully it will get fixed,

Episode 4 release time?

The Dervish.7384

You might understand what Xlicks saying, but you are not understanding what coding, proccesing and sustaining server is. If you did, you would realise that its not easy task to fix something after power cut, we were lucky in that case we could play gw2, even to it was bit laggybut still we were able. Some games, would be shut down , and wouldnt be available for god knows how long.

Are you saying that to a person who is coding for 20 years?

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, let’s see.

The city is in a terrible situation and they said there would be delays. How bad would the delay be? Nobody’s saying anything. Gee, either the storm has really messed things up, or they’re just thinking of ways to spite you. I know, I’m going to go with the later!

Takes about 15 seconds on google to find out what’s going on.

It’s just a huge duh, and there really shouldn’t be any spoon feeding.

Now, if one were to use that thing behind one’s eyes, for a little bit, they could figure out, “Hey, there’s tons of damage to that area, better not devote my time waiting for it for the rest of the day! No estimates really would make any sense anyways…”

If.

Honestly, if they updated every half an hour with “LOL POWER STILL OUT” that would be insulting my intelligence. I think they assumed people would be smarter than that.

I guess not.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Episode 4 release time?

The Dervish.7384

Developers said the planned release was 7th February.

Developers then say that there is an internal delay due to weather storm. They’re working on it, and they will get the patch live “As soon as possible.” Nowhere did they say “We will still absolutely get it to you, guaranteed, today on the 7th, this day, today, before this day the 7th of February is over.”

What they did say is that they also didn’t want the delay to be too big and they hoped they could release it before the end of the day, but that ultimately release would be “As Soon As Possible.”

What are you people failing to understand about this? You’re grabbing at straws and putting words into ANet’s mouth – and as somebody who has been the first to drag ANet through the mud for terrible communication or bad decisions in the past – I literally can’t see what you’re getting so heated over. This failure to communicate is a failure on your part to understand what you have been told, and literally nothing more.

Dear Airyll, nobody blame them for delay nor storm nor something like that. Read whole form if you mind; everyone blaming for misleading explanations about release. This is not high school exam or something like that. Give students wrong question and “sorry”..

We all agree they are working hard on it to release “as soon as possible”. Many people also saying “devs do devs that”. OK we believe they are working hard there. A coder can see problem. I’m sure Devs do that too. I’m sure manager done something right too.

Just we are trying to say “there is something interrupted in communication”, thats all. How you have to right to say something like that. We have to right to say problem from our sides. And one of Anet’s job is considering it is right or wrong or where was the interruption. They might worked long hours without a break. Then maybe explanation was misleading. Everything can happen, we are all human. But, this is not change the truth. There was a problem in communication. And we are just saying that to Anet let them consider it.

Episode 4 release time?

Airyll.7849

Dear Airyll, nobody blame them for delay nor storm nor something like that. Read whole form if you mind; everyone blaming for misleading explanations about release. This is not high school exam or something like that. Give students wrong question and “sorry”..

This proves, again, that you are failing to understand the communication somebody is giving you. I didn’t even bother to read the rest of your post because the above paragraph alone proves you are not understanding what you’re being told.

You are claiming that ArenaNet somehow misled you, through poor communication.

We are literally telling you word by word that they did not. They used the terms “As soon as possible” – nowhere does that mean “By the end of today”.

They used the terms “We want to try and get the release out by today” – nowhere does that mean “We will get the release out by today guaranteed”.

Do you see what you are doing? And you’re the ones doing it, because everybody else is able to tell you that you’re the people doing it and point out to you why you are wrong. ArenaNet’s language is very telling to the fact they made no guarantee, ever, that they would get the update out today after the storm hit.

The words “as soon as possible”, “want to” and “try” do not and have never meant “will”, “guarantee” and “definitely”.

You, my ‘dear’ friend (see how sarcastic that is? It’s terribly sarcastic: don’t do it next time if you’d be so kind) are interpreting words where those words were never used. Then you get sore and upset and you claim everybody disagreeing with you is wrong, when in actuality everybody is pointing out to you that you’ve pulled words out of thin air that ArenaNet never used – and you’re then holding them accountable to your interpretation of their words instead of what they actually said.

I’d be more willing to agree that their communication is terrible if this was something like “Your website still says the 7th and there’s not a news update visible on the first page of your website to explain the delay” – which is a true statement of fact and is far more misleading than this nonsense about their “ASAP” posts on Twitter.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

Look at bright side of life,ML continues for a day or two !!!!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

Dude, when you bought the Deluxe version of HoT you recieved $50 in gems and the upgrade version of HoT for $49.99 so don’t even act like a martyr here I bought 3 copies of that version for that exact reason. LOL at all these people asking for gems its hilarious. God.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

If your office is on fire, or pitch black, or filled with giant spiders, it’s probably best to straight out say that you’re not going to make the dead line, rather than waiting to say.

“Ooops this thing that has been happening for a couple of days now, means we will miss the dead line.”

After your self stated deadline has already passed.

They could have let people know Monday when the power went down, yet Twitter still worked.

They could have let people know Tuesday, prior to patch time, rather than it’ll be ‘later than normal’ until it was Wednesday in most (if not all) of Europe.

Would people have moaned about it?

Probably, but they could have found something better to do with their time, than sit around waiting for a patch. After all it took them six hours to finally say “Yeah it’s not coming.”

Episode 4 release time?

The Dervish.7384

Dear Airyll, you might want to check “Dev Tracker” section of forum. And they did not said “It will be released on 8th”. So, from your perspective we can assume patch will not be released this month. Have a nice day.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Pretty sure people would demand updates after they know the office is on fire.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Episode 4 release time?

tanmiro.5918

Pretty sure people would demand updates after they know the office is on fire.

people would demand even if the world would end 10 min later…

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

So basically this concern for better communication is about players who were going for some kind of “world’s first” but had to wait a long time and felt like they were being lead on because the folks at ArenaNet didn’t continuously post updates on various social media. Got it. I think they did fine.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Qudinal.7392

Qudinal.7392

This exact subject is already being discussed in several threads. Did it really need another?

Yes… till the learn how to better communicate with the community…
Would have been no problem to annonce that the patch doesn’t come out as planed,but naahh

Episode 4 release time?

Airyll.7849

They could have let people know Monday when the power went down, yet Twitter still worked.

Phones are just witchcraft, right? They have no business being charged and having power when the mains of a building is down.

In other news: I don’t disagree that it probably would have been wiser to say the update wouldn’t be arriving at the planned time and that they had no estimate – in those exact words.

What I am telling you, however, is that although those exact words would have been better, nowhere did they actually give you an estimate. You’re holding them accountable to an estimate they never gave you, because you’re the folks reading too much into “As soon as possible.” This is where I’m telling you that your complaint is, frankly, absurd.

If you were to complain about the fact there’s no even a menial news update on their main page of the GW2 website – which states February 7th still very clearly – I’d agree with you. That is poor communication. If you were to complain about the fact that there’s no update when you log into the game on that news feed (which ties into the fact the news feed pulls from the website, therefore it would make sense to make a small news update on the website) telling you there’s been a delay, I’d agree.

I’m contesting the very specific complaint that ArenaNet has been misleading via the Twitter feed saying “As soon as possible” because it hasn’t. As soon as possible is “When It’s Ready” in slightly more flowery words, but the meaning is the same – as soon as it is possible to be released. At no point when they started the Twitter updates did they guarantee that “as soon as possible” was still 7th February. That is what I’m arguing, because that is vastly what the general you on your side of the argument accuse them of.

Like, of all the actual valid complaints you have, y’all keep tunnelling on the one aspect of their communication where ArenaNet weren’t wrong.

Dear Airyll, you might want to check “Dev Tracker” section of forum. And they did not said “It will be released on 8th”. So, from your perspective we can assume patch will not be released this month. Have a nice day.

Yeah, you might want to as well. Because, you know, nowhere does anything on the tracker say “Yes definitely the update is going to be released today, this day, the 7th of February, without any fail, despite the power outtage.”

It’s a good strawman though, you smarmy keyboard warrior. o7 Keep on pulling words out of thin air.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

This is the dumbest post i seen in a long while and i wish it worked like on reddit so we could down vote it in to oblivion. They did not know this would happen, and they first tried to launch it, which is by no mean something that you just hit a red little button and then see, oh kitten it is not working we better tell the players, but they tried. It did not work. They tried to find a way which takes time until they understand that ok this wont happen now we need more time.
So they told us, ok we need a few more hours. They still thought they could get it out and was working hard on fixing it. They had informed us and after hours of this, they understood that ok it wont go off we need a lot more time. And they informed us again.

If there had been no info at all, i would have understood your points, but there was info. As much info they could get without promise something they could not deliver. There was communication and as much it could be because you know, it is impossible to forsee the weather and the consequences of it until you really looked in to it and tried to find a way around.

I was ofc disappointed as well as the rest of us, but my god you guys need to realize there are things beyond the control of a company and they DID give us information.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

-sigh- Come on people, it’s just a storm. It’s out of their control.

I get at ANet because of the pvp, but I’m going to defend them here. They did the best they could and tried to get the update out but failed.

Is that not good enough for people?

Episode 4 release time?

tanmiro.5918

-sigh- Come on people, it’s just a storm. It’s out of their control.

I get at ANet because of the pvp, but I’m going to defend them here. They did the best they could and tried to get the update out but failed.

Is that not good enough for people?

Apparently not. Their demand list is long. oh well this forum after today turn from guild wars forum to salty forum 2….

Episode 4 release time?

Airyll.7849

Apparently not. Their demand list is long. oh well this forum after today turn from guild wars forum to salty forum 2….

The GW2 forums have been filled with enough salt in the last four years to make the Dead Sea seem like fresh water by comparison. It drowned in salt a long, long time ago.

Episode 4 release time?

tanmiro.5918

The GW2 forums have been filled with enough salt in the last four years to make the Dead Sea seem like fresh water by comparison. It drowned in salt a long, long time ago.

I believe that, that`s why i barely check forum, only if i really have to.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Chyanne Waters.8719

Chyanne Waters.8719

To the OP I think you went a bit overboard on this of course it screwed things up for you and others you all planned for this and unless you are in the situation they are in you really have no right to complain about it.
It was not Anets fault they lost power due to the storm. Now maybe because of it they may invest into a generator. Did you think the reason they did not tell us for half a day was because they couldn’t, the computers and servers were down. What would you really do in that situation? Take the time to get the servers up, or try to contact the players? Myself get the game stuff goin again the faster you do that the faster you can launch. Then after the assessment is made and things are getting back to normal tell the Anet community what happened.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

Because it affects the economy and because it’s catering to entitled children who can’t wait an extra day when something goes wrong (smth that is not even Anet’s fault).

‘Making players happy’. Yeah, I bet lots of ppl are REALLY UNHAPPY just because a patch is few hours late lol. Actually I’m so unhappy right now, I’m going to enroll myself into a depression clinic right away.

No it doesn’t, one ticket or 200-300 gems would not affect anything.

Yes of course, just like the customers would feel unhappy if their item is delivered later than usually, and it’s their right to call the company. We are not talking about any real money, just some FREE stuff which only requires Anet to do a little bit to their program.

Here’s your Free stuff.. Bonus Lunar New Year day content. More envelopes.. more chance at making more gold. If the patch would have dropped today before reset, you wouldn’t have had it.

You’re Welcome.

BOOOM! Headhsot!!!
Also, take another day of AB multiloot exploit into account.

So you get refunded when your mail comes one day later than promised? Oh, the land where milk and honey flow…

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

(edited by Plautze.6290)

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

This exact subject is already being discussed in several threads. Did it really need another?

The storm was well out of their control and they tried their best to get the release out today. When they realized that it was no longer possible, it was announced. I’d rather they try than give up the second they reach an obstacle where they may not make it.

Players are the ones who chose to take time off of work or spend their day in front of the computer. In case people don’t realize, all LS3 episodes are permanent once you log in. You don’t have to do it today. You don’t even have to do it tomorrow. It’s not going anywhere.

More about the raids, specifically those planning on racing and taking it seriously but clearly its a joke now lul. but what does this reply have to do with them having better communciation?

Their communication was fine. We got an announcement early in the day and then again several times throughout the day. Once they realized that it wasn’t going to happen, they made that announcement. I’d rather they work and try to get the update out as soon as they can than postpone it off the mere chance that it could not get done that day and would upset the handful of players that care about getting world first in the raid wing.

Idk if you actually read what I said, I don’t care that the patch was delayed. They had to delay it that’s totally fine. What I’m not okay with was the constant “ASAP” posts we saw on twitter from the official GW2 account. If they knew there were issues out of their control why couldn’t we been told at the very least a time that they’d say whether or not if it’d be out that day instead of sitting around waiting until they finally decided to wait until the next day.

You made the choice to continue to wait. They didn’t announce it would be delayed until tomorrow until they knew for certain that it couldn’t release today. I believe that I said that twice already, Wait… yes, I did.

If you saw the aerodrome I wasn’t the only person waiting all day. Many players were patiently waiting for whenever ASAP was. I’m not upset about the delay I just wish anet could’ve called it earlier or at least set some kind of time for people to check back on. When it comes to WF raid races every minute matters so ofc anyone wanting to participate in that content is going to continue waiting. What’s so hard about Anet either calling it early or saying “hey no need to wait until like 5PM est then we’ll let you guys know or post it” <- example

And they chose to continue to wait. They chose to give up their time that they could have spent doing something else.

Anet didn’t call it early because they still thought they could get it out today. I’d rather they not give up early because some people could miss out on getting world first which only really matters to those that compete for it. This is about getting content out for ALL players and not about appeasing those going for world first.

I didn’t choose to wait. As a long time player you get to realise that when you’ve waited for 2 hours it’s likely to be a bigger problem, so you log off and keep half an eye on announcements.

Notwithstanding my decision I have to echo Xilick’s comments about the constant “ASAP” comments. It is annoying, whether you’re in-game waiting, or checking back every hour or so, because I also can’t really believe that the true severity wasn’t known. I value fairness as well as honesty though and as such I feel it would be fairer all round if their announcement was simply “Sorry guys, due to a power outage we’re delaying the release for a minimum of 24 hours. Check back then for a further announcement.”. Would that have been so devastating? Everyone knows exactly where they stand and no-one is wasting time..

I hope lessons have been learned and the next time there’s a catastrophic failure such as a power outage, epidemic or kitten invasion shredding all of MO’s tax returns for the financial year that ArenaNet would consider a blanket delay of a stated number of days rather than half-hourly “ASAP” posts (which after the first few end up meaning nothing anyway).

Perhaps it’s easy for me to say that this time. I usually take the Wednesday after the patch goes live off work to immerse myself in it. This time due to a heavy workload I did not, but had I done so I have to admit I’d be really kitten-hurt right now. This is also a lesson for me to check the weather forecast in Seattle before I take that time off in future!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

Alright, I’m blaming this on the skritt. Lets face it, anything goes missing – the truly weird happens, you can always blame it on the skritt. I do.

Every time.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Let me repeat the key word in there in case it was missed: FREE.

Good customer. You’re a baby who is sleeping and dreaming in his baby carriage, called liberalism.

Nothing is free, never.

If nothing is free then why does the word even exist?

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

Good customer. You’re a baby who is sleeping and dreaming in his baby carriage, called liberalism.

Nothing is free, never.

because it is something we aspire to obtain…. kinda like a good looking woman, who cooks and cleans!

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Qaezie.5307

Qaezie.5307

Let’s look at the bright side… now we have 12,276 (views) on this new patch and I can’t wait to play da new story~

Btw, be careful out there /hug

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

Nothing is free, never.

You would have first to define what’s “exist” means. But hopfully, human language is able to create, combine or connect words with things, concepts, phenomenos, ideas, abstractions that does not “exist”.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I think the storm is God-sent. This is the first time after a very very very long time I feel hyped about GW2. It actually made me log in into forum account and write this message. (I haven’t been posting here or playing GW2 since September when I started playing console games)

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: hibari.9836

hibari.9836

Sounds like a bunch of people in this thread don’t understand what ASAP means.

That’s “As Soon As Possible,” guys. It’s not “any minute now” or “presently” or “keep watching because the pot’s about to boil!” You not being able to tell the difference isn’t ANet’s fault. If you’re complaining about their communication it might be because you need to improve your reading comprehension.

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: Adngel.9786

Adngel.9786

Good morning.

Are there any news about the update? I knew there was some delay due to a storm, but I though that yesterday they would manage to launch the new chapter. But today I see it’s not.

Any news? O_ò

Episode 4 release time?

Posted by: The Blog.1824

The Blog.1824

It’s 1:39a.m. in Seattle so I am pretty sure they are sleeping right now.
Or maybe still working on the episode, though I doubt it at that time.

(edited by The Blog.1824)