Eternity color changing

Eternity color changing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

I am about to finish crafting an Eternity and I have been wondering … Why are we not allowed to “choose” our Eternity color ?

There are many people who like the glowing hilt and improved particle effects of Eternity but still want to keep the color of our previous Legendary Greatsword. For example, I’ve always had red/black armor and my Twilight fits with that perfectly. But now when I “upgrade” it I’m going to end up with an orange sword 66% of the time.

It could work very similarly to how phone brightness works. We could have a “track bar” with Sunrise color on one side and Twilight color on another side. This would allow us to select how much we want our Eternity to resemble Twilight’s color or resemble Sunrise’s color.

But of course there would still be an option to keep the day/night color rotation as it works now (the game would move the slide bar itself as the day and night rotate in game).

These options could be placed in a small pop-up window, similar to the one weapon chest give us when we need to select the weapon/stats we want our weapon to be. And we could have the option for that window placed as “Coloring” (or something like that) between “Select stats” and “Unlock skin” in the item menu (right click options).

Simplified example of the “pop-up” window idea:

Attachments:

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

Eternity color changing

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I cried because I had no shoes.

Then I met a man who had shoes, but whose laces weren’t sparkly.

takes a drink

Eternity color changing

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Why not just use Twilight, then?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Eternity color changing

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I’m not sure that Eternity can show both Twilight and Sunrise at the same time- it’s either one or the other. Would it not take A-net a lot of work to design some kind of overlay of the two to make it look realistic, good-looking and still recognisably both Twilight+Sunrise? I’d imagine the slider to be transparency for one and opacity for the other, but then you’d just have an awful mish-mash of colour and texture…

To get it right, it seems like a lot of work for just one legendary…

Eternity color changing

Posted by: Matazeruz.7498

Matazeruz.7498

New legendary announced

…daylight!