Ever fix item names?

Ever fix item names?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

When the wardrobe system released item names were messed up; they now retain the name of the original item instead of updating to reflect the current skin after being transmuted, which doesn’t make sense for multiple reasons (the biggest being the weird thematic mismatches it causes and the inability to have an item named for a skin-only skin). I thought this had been reported as a bug. Is it ever going to be fixed?

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Ever fix item names?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, they did update Item names with the latest release, but whether that addressed your concern…I am unsure.

Ever fix item names?

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

When the wardrobe system released item names were messed up; they now retain the name of the original item instead of updating to reflect the current skin after being transmuted, which doesn’t make sense for multiple reasons (the biggest being the weird thematic mismatches it causes and the inability to have an item named for a skin-only skin). I thought this had been reported as a bug. Is it ever going to be fixed?

I am also curious if this will ever be fixed. It’s not very important, but my Chorben’s Claymore is really a Fellblade.

Ever fix item names?

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

I’m curious as well. it’s not a huge deal to me, but it is kinda weird that my fervid censer is called quad spinal blades (yes i still use a rare backpiece, 2poor4anythingelse)

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Ever fix item names?

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

In a topic about that back then, there was a response from Anet that a change was being considered.
No promises though. So, no clue if it will ever be fixed.

Ever fix item names?

Einlanzer.1627

Even though it isn’t related to balance, I would actually consider it a pretty big deal. The convention used for item names in the game is that they are based on the look/theme of the item, so when the name of the item describes something that does not match the appearance of the item, it’s pretty weird and immersion-breaking. I also personally find it more difficult to manage my inventory.

It’s also a problem that so many skins are not actual items but come from things that can only be applied as skins, so therefore you can never have gear with corresponding name, such as Ley Line Greatsword. I see this as a problem.

For those reasons the name should always be determined by the skin. It worked correctly before; I can’t for the life of me understand why it was changed.

Ever fix item names?

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

don’t forget about legendaries… it’d be wierd if you transmuted a masterwork greatsword into twilight… would it display the name twilight in green? blasphemy! :P

Ever fix item names?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I was under the impression it was done that way deliberately, so not a bug or something they intended to fix. But if enough people are unhappy about it they might change it.

I have mixed feelings. It is weird when an item’s name doesn’t match the appearance but I also think it makes the transmutation process clearer – that you’re applying a skin to an item and everything else stays the same.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Ever fix item names?

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I was under the impression it was done that way deliberately, so not a bug or something they intended to fix.

“This can be considered a bug”, according to this post:

Hi Lishtenbird,

Yes, this isn’t the correct forum. But I went ahead and inquired internally here to someone who might know. In short, this can be considered a bug, but one that is not easy or fast to fix. There is a desire to address this along with some other improvements to the tool tips of transmuted items. But there is no ETA for this.

And here’s the thread which discussed it extensively.

20 level 80s and counting.

Ever fix item names?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Tangentially related, since the wardrobe update, they’ve changed more item names over to reflect the skins (temple armor being the major example). So it looks like they’re investing more in the system they just put in rather than looking to change it.

Ever fix item names?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They haven’t done a complete job. When I want to swap a look, I can’t do the drop down from the Hero Panel item icon like before. I get a list with four Rubicon Coats and no tool tip on them to say if this is my Scout or Magitech or whatever. I have to root around in inventory. (I am not going to use a transmute charge for every RP change, so I’m keeping fully statted various skinned versions in my bags).

If the drop down list of coats/hats/etc from the item slot included a tool tip, that would alleviate the problem a lot, but not as much as having the item named for the skin.

Ever fix item names?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

i would love to have this fixed too!
ofc it has to keep the color of the item rarity like it was before
(for example an exotic twilight —> Twilight in Orange name)
but pls fix this anet!

cant wait to have my “Ghastly Grinning Shield” in purple letters

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Ever fix item names?

Einlanzer.1627

I’d like to see this addressed. I don’t think it’s cleaner at all and I actually find it more confusing than before.