Everyone and their mom is a Warrior

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I have a couple of warriors. Then again, I have a couple of pretty much everything. However, ele and mes tend to be my main characters (although I very much enjoy ranger when I’m farming SW).

So, not “everyone” is a warrior. I actually think warrior might be my least favorite class, it’s pretty close between warrior and thief.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Kody Bear.2154

Kody Bear.2154

Geez, i’m sitting here and seeing how everyone is talking and I realize that I would be hated even if I do play ele, I always liked a bit more support in my play style, so even though i can do a good amount of DPS, i’m focused on “healing” mostly condi removal and large zerg scale heals, and self blasting my water fields so I heal everyone pretty much full, maybe 1 or 2k off. As you can mostly tell, I only run with my guild for duns cuz i’m not the epitome of DPS, since I find that suuuuper boring, anyway, i’m ready for the “No person should be a ‘healer’ in this game” hate, but i say staff support ele all the waaaaaay~. What i’m getting at is play the way you want and have fun with it OP

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Sadly there are a lot of players who believe what they read rather than experiment.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Warrior is relatively simple, playing warrior to a point it gets giood is a bit too far for 70-80% of the warriors…

Some things seemingly utterly unknown to the (warrior) player base:

1 banner is a blast finisher, s0 use it in your ele’s firefield, thewn pick irt up again and use skill 5 which is a blast finisher, And wait: OTHERS can pick it up as well in succession AND use skill 5 for more blast finishers, (= personal CD!)
IN A FIREFIELD LASTING 7 SECONDS YOU (& party) COULD BLAST 3-5 TIMES!

Warriors:
2 Mace (offhand, yes) skill 4 does 10 vulnerability,,,, axe (mainhand) skill 2 does 4 vulnerability, which brings the buff to party to 14% if you just use these 2 skills before you start 1&2-ing on GS,
3 If you need a pull, use axe 3 instead of gs 4…
4 GS skill 3 is an evade, so do not waste it.
5 GS skill 5 rush is a good gap closer
6 autotarget off: skill 3,5 on GS star as running skills.
7 Axe burst is ver powefull…
8 If needing frequent autoattacks use axe, not GS. (CoE golem room, CoF p2)
9 use DUNGEONutility and food, Why should your pug carrier work hard to buff you while you are to lazy to bring 2 cheap foods, bring the free cof potions back, and gain 9% dmg, and 8% free dmg reduction, get a 80 powr, 60 precision, mostly 2-3 silver…
10 Think…. don’t be a mindless stacker slacker… Use your abilities.If you are not a pug carrier (phalanx) bring a war banner, res your party when things go OOPS…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Did you came from 2013?

side note: we all know only every noob and their noob mom think warrior is any good other then being a banner bot.

(edited by Simon.3794)

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Engineer is totally viable and decent in dungeons provided the person playing it knows what to do.

There. That’s where the problem is.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Did you come from 2013

Yes and I’m living in 2015 now, seeing people still ignoring all fields, purposely being noobs, knowing no more then 1111111111111111111111, see it happen?

This could be the influence of the NPE you start at lvl 1 with1 skill and mindlessly spam 111111111111111111111 nice coincidence, which tends to be the meta nowadays…
Luckily in 2013 The NPE was no problem yet…..

But 1 warrior can carry 2 usefull banners 3 if really needed (strength, discipline, war…). But I guess meta is shifting cause I tend to see more idiots running banner of tactics, guess lengthening the 25 stacks of might by 3 seconds outweighs 170 power, 170 condition dmg, 170 precision and 170 ferocity… AND 25 stacks of might?

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

I’m with the OP on this and I’m a warrior. My first 80s were Engi and Guardian, but I went warrior because I literally wanted an easier melee class that just herped kitten ed her way through the game. And boy did I have a TON of fun on my warrior. I actually got my legendary on my warrior. Sadly, now I’ve grown tired of all the warriors and me being on of the faces in the multitude so I’ve gone Thief. Feel like I see a lot of these now too though. :*(

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

The point I was really trying to make, was that even with a bad rotation (spamming 2 with auto attack) you are putting out a fair bit of damage. I mean it’s mindless and you can be playing another game while doing it almost.
If you look at pretty much any other class they have to do a bit more than just spam 1 button.

I guess the point really that makes warriors so newbie/lazy friendly-

- High Hp
- High dodge uptime
- High Damage/easy rotation
- Strongest heal over time

it’s not exactly difficult to see why Warrior is so predominant a class in dungeons.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

I almost missed your last post Arietta, didn’t notice the thread as new ones keep popping up.

I understand your point and yes, I agree that Warrior is more “lazy friendly” than many other classes.

On an almost unrelated note, I gotta say that the reason I believe a lot of people start with Warrior is another one though: it’s very straight forward, with a profession mechanic everyone is already familiar with. That doesn’t need to be a bad thing.
I know I picked Warrior for that reason, when my newbie self first approached this game.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

It’s easy to throw the team on your back and carry as a warrior…… you deal a decent amount of sustainable damage while wearing heavy armor.

You get additional evades/blocks with your weapon skills, and it is entirely possible to solo most areas of the game with a build that also works well in a party…..

so if your team wipes….. you can banner them….. or at least survive while you take off the last 10% (or 20% or 90% if you are trying to prove a point) of a boss’s hp.

I have two full zerker warriors….. one for carrying pug teams on my back, and the other runs a similar setup but is used for speedclears.

All heavy class teams usually do the best when it comes to survivability….. but if you don’t need the additional armor that warriors provide, you can replace it with a squishier class.

Its basically the “sure thing” in pug pve.

….and it is also still considered meta to have one warrior in your party running dual banners… but running more than one warrior in a speedclear would be a waste.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

You know your class and pull your weight, you’re welcome in my group any time.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

• Warriors have been nerfed multiple times already, but who among the pugs reads the patch notes?
  • Having more than 1 warrior in a party is actually suboptimal – but hey, go tell it to the pugs! I remember doing paths with 4 warriors and doing the same stuff with war-guard-ele-engi-ranger or something like that – the latter being far better when organised: engi for vulnerability and blasts, ele for might, ranger for frost spirit and spotter, guard for active defence, war for banners – everyone contributes, skills synergise and traits do not get overwritten.
  • It is hard to be a bad warrior. It is very easy to be a bad ragner or an engi. For pugs who follow the path of least resistance, it means war/guard/ele is the way to go.

So yes, while there is a certain imbalance in PvE (because the game is balanced around PvP, because E-SPORTS!), the problem is mostly in the ignorance and not balance.

heal warriors and invulnerability/stability warriors together with rangers are the problem of Spvp.

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

I play a Ranger

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

You’re a bit misinformed there, Roz. Engineers are great, yeah, the vulnerability stacks are like delicious icing on delicious vulnerability cake. They’re not nearly as much DPS as an Elementalist though—and they cannot stealth anywhere within the ballpark of ‘as good as a Thief’. I can keep stealth on my party for 30~45s or so, depending, without it ever dropping off. But yeah, Engi are to be loved tho.

Engi dps is not that far off from Ele dps provided you can keep up proper rotations on the engineer. And engineer stealth is more than enough for most stealth skips in dungeons/fractals and they have much more utility than thieves.

I dare you to out damage ice bow lighting storm and meteor shower while pumping out lava fonts infact if you can even deal half the damage an ele can deal in a 12 second period ill be impressed ele can melt a hole thru the map. If you think your dealing “nearly” as much damage as an ele i beg you to really look at all their multi hit skills. my ele always does no less than 1/3rd of the parties damage in any party im the only ele simple as that.

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

- Second Lowest dodge uptime, right above Necromancer
- Mediocre Damage/easy rotation

Fix it for you.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

@OP: Nothing wrong with you or with your class, it is rather an issue of casual people being unbelievably stupid. Warrior is cool to have in dungeons, but if I knew I could pick a GOOD engineer over a SECOND warrior in the group, I would definitely go for engi. No reason to go for more warriors or guardians, one of each is perfectly enough. Once you’re sure you can survive (especially important in high fractals), you wanna go for damage → eles, thieves, possibly even engies.
I have warrior as a main, it is great class and I always use it to tackle something new and unknown (because it has natural tankiness → slightly better tolerance to making mistakes). Warrior is versatile, great solo class, has invaluable offensive support, but I am already getting sick of seeing 4 warrs in one group and I would personaly NEVER EVER pick warr myself to bring in dungeon if I already see some warriors in the group (again, high fractals being somewhat exempt from this as I don’t feel as confident/possibly lacking AR).
If you’ve built your engi according to the current meta, you really should take your time and explain to the group why they should want you more than another kittened warr. If they understand, maybe we can see better future and more open-minded PUGs, if they won’t listen to you, leave them, it will most likely be a bunch of utter noobs you don’t wanna run with anyway.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Warriors are super nerfed and aren’t even that good anymore. They’re also really stale because everyone has played them to exhaustion. Engineers are really good if you play them well and are one of the funnest classes ever. Just dont listen to the idiots on lfg because if they kick you for being an engineer and not a warrior they’re way behind the times and the meta.

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

If warriors are so generic and simple and you don’t like the fact that people use them in dungeons, do the runs with your own group of engineers or what not! If you prefer to play your class why can’t others play the class they like?
I just can’t wrap my mind around this melee and heavy gunner hate thing in mmo’s and 1st person shooters. You people hate them but you always strive to be on par with them when you can’t do that here comes the complaining.
With all the nerfs warriors went through why do they still have so much dirt thrown their way? With all the eles., eng., and thieves running around why is it so hard to find a group.
Is that not the fault of all the so-called “high skilled” classes who excel at pvp but till haven’t figured out how to play their classes on low skilled npc’s? Maybe it’ the zerg mentality?
I choose a warrior to be independent without having to relay on others so much. It’s a sad state to constantly be seeking a buff to be viable and if someone don’t want to group with me more power to them.
This game would be so much better if everyone just did their thang and let others do theirs and let go of all the hate and envy, it’s screwing up the game..

(edited by Widebody.5071)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

When I started to play this game, I made an Engineer. I thought the class was fun to play, and I liked the whole steampunk vibe going on from it.

But as I reached max level, completed the map and finished the personal story, I found a disheartening trend in Dungeons and organized Fractal groups.

They wanted Warriors and Guardians. Sure the more friendly bunch accepted me in, but even though I found viable builds, these builds seemed like a desperate measure to make the Engineer “decent” in Dungeon settings rather than makig it “on-par” with the überclasses Warrior and Guardian, that was highly sought.

Finally I got sick of it. I was tired of feeling like deadweight and unable to participate in the meta-game because of my class. So I abandoned my favourite class, and rolled a Warrior. Just like everyone else.

This other day, I was in Fractals with 3 Warriors and 2 Guardians. The next one we were 2 Warriors and 3 Guardians.

I honestly think its a bit boring. Sure some people might not see the problem in this – but I for one feel like the way the game is balanced is forcing me to play a certain class if I want to be competitive in PvE.

If there is one thing I hope for whatever HoT is, among other things I hope it is a major overhaul of how Dungeons works, and a serious effort to put the other professions on par with Warrior and Guardian in terms of utility and damage.

Amen. Amen.

Don’t listen to the parrots either, not a single one of those parrots that keep repeating the meme that you can play anything you want or play how you want actually play engineers in PVE dungeons or they’d notice the same trend.

Five minutes on youtube reveals a plethora of videos about Warriors running 5 mans solo if that’s not imbalanced I’m Mary Poppins.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

actually play engineers in PVE dungeons or they’d notice the same trend.

Five minutes on youtube reveals a plethora of videos about Warriors running 5 mans solo if that’s not imbalanced I’m Mary Poppins.

You’re Mary Poppins

I notice the trend against necros and rangers and some engineers. But I have enough engineers in my party to know you can find a group if you want. I have been kicked for being a thief sometimes so its more other peoples stupidity than it is one class being better.

You can solo most anything on any class if you know what to do. The only reason there are more warrior solos is because more people started playing warrior and bc the meta a year + ago used to be warrior. Its also due to the mobility and versatility of warriors. It has nothing to do with balance because you can see the same solos done on other classes often times faster

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

The only class I do not have is a Warrior.

Posted by: Paulus magintie.7432

Paulus magintie.7432

My main is an elementalist, I created a warrior and leveling her up at the moment, I think warriors and Guardians have the best armour.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Engineer is really fun to play till some horrid realization grows on you: You pull out an arm and a leg with your own combo fields, kit equipping and dropping and the like to accomplish what other classes can do with the simple activiation of a skill – and often better.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

My main’s a ranger, but i use a guardian for daily pug dungeoning. Heavies get an easier time in dungeons, and don’t get blamed/kicked by default.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

Engineer is really fun to play till some horrid realization grows on you: You pull out an arm and a leg with your own combo fields, kit equipping and dropping and the like to accomplish what other classes can do with the simple activiation of a skill – and often better.

engineers are victims of poor UI in this game. In order to get DPS/utility on par or beter than other classes (minus necro) you have to use much more skills than them (which is imho good (I hate 1111111 rotation on my necro) but thanks to rigid UI you can’t see cooldwon countdowns on them. Another problem associated with the UI is need to hit extra button for each kit just to hit another button inside the kit. So instead of lets say pressing 10 buttons you have to pres 14 out of which 4 do pretty much nothing.

I wish I could bind all grenades from nade kit to shift+"number", all bombs to ctrl+"number", all flamethrower kills to mouse 3+"number" and they would execute right away without replacing my rifle skills on the action bar.

(edited by Brahmincorle.1264)

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

überclass warrior? warrior is a mere bannerkitten in pve, no need for more than one.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I have several of everything, but do tend to jump on a warrior for dungeons and fractals, mainly because I either haven’t done the path before or haven’t done it in a long time. I can swap to a guard if required, or any other class, depending on what’s wanted in the party. But I like to run with what we get- makes it more fun, might be a lot slower than optimal but finishing first isn’t the name of the game.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

I dare you to out damage ice bow lighting storm and meteor shower while pumping out lava fonts infact if you can even deal half the damage an ele can deal in a 12 second period ill be impressed ele can melt a hole thru the map. If you think your dealing “nearly” as much damage as an ele i beg you to really look at all their multi hit skills. my ele always does no less than 1/3rd of the parties damage in any party im the only ele simple as that.

That is only for large bosses – now that area for meteor shower has increased, DPS has decreased. Try outDPSing warrior on Tazza.

It seems like no one runs Phalanx warrior with a sigil of strength on their GS and runes of strength. I regularly give 25 stacks on my own and not lose DPS on rotating for blast finishers.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

hi o/ I am an engineer. I have been since head start and played one in beta.

I have no issue in doing organised fractals or speed runs as a full zerk grenade / bombkit + rifle engie. infact a lot of groups now are happy to see me as they are starting to wake up to the fact a skilled zerkgnineer is a very powerfull tool in a group.

the only reason warrirors was so popular is

1. they are very very easy to play.
2. they have naturally high health and self healing
3. banners

but now things have changed most groups don’t mind taking an engie over a warrior. as long as the set up is

1x guard 2x war 1x ele 1x random zerk

also you are able to make your own group.

and most importantly is this phrase which will get u very far in life

" I DONT GIVE A DAM !! "

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR