Exotic drops

Exotic drops

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

If i do not play for a few days, or play after a maintenance, the chances of getting rares/exotics are increased?

Exotic drops

Posted by: Ehra.5240

Ehra.5240

I got an exotic last week from the Metrica Province jumping puzzle. Sold it for 11 gold and bought my heavy vigil armor. Felt good.

Exotic drops

Posted by: Oatmeal.1895

Oatmeal.1895

I’ve gotten some, not a lot. Maybe 20 – 30 in my whole GW2 lifetime? The latest one being a Charzooka that I got in HoTW last night. I dont run a LOT of dungeons. Maybe 1 – 2 dungeon runs a night? I dont run any magic find gear or food.

Edit: Holy crap, I’m reading some of the posts on page one.. People saying they’ve played 1000+ hours and have only had 1 – 2 exotics drop? What? Are you killing mobs? Do you run dungeons at all, do events that gives chests? (Such as Jormag, Tequatl, etc [the world boss Dragons]) The Orr events in Cursed Shore such as the opening of ARAH that spawns a giant chest.. ? Temple of Grenth (pain in the butt, but “can” be fun if done with smart people)

(edited by Oatmeal.1895)

Exotic drops

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

2 in somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,960 hours open world exo drops. Got one around 400 hrs and one around 1,200 hrs. Hopefully I’ll get another in next 140 hrs.

I find it hard that someone who has at least 1900 hours in game would only have got 2 exotics, ever.

1700 hours and only ever had 1 drop, the rest crafted, tokens, map completions and TP…

Never seen a lodestone drop outside of a Dungeon Chest…

(edited by Dante.1508)

Exotic drops

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

For those that wanna ride the MF train, it won’t go very far. You can make the the best MF gear around and get your stats up over 200 with everything imaginable to boost that precious MF, but it’s a very dodgy mechanic. For me, it’s totally broken.

I’ve gotten both my world-drop exo’s while not having any MF at all. The bottom line of MF is this… whatever should happen to increase drop rarity just doesn’t, and no amount of convincing Anet about this will help, most farmers know this already. To them it’s very broken, but Anet says ‘working as intended’.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Exotic drops

Posted by: shedim.8504

shedim.8504

Do exotics actually drop in this game? I’m playing since release and the only exotics I got werre from completing the Orr maps.

Exotic drops

Posted by: SpelignErrir.4263

SpelignErrir.4263

I’ve got over 2k hours played, but most of it was spent leveling alts.

5 80s wee

About 3 exotic drops, never used mf

One from wvw, one from the mad king dungeon, and one from Orr.

Exotic drops

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

I got one in WvW 2 weeks ago and since nothing.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Exotic drops

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

I complained in a similar thread last week that I’d never had any that were not “set” rewards (map completion and the Ancient Karka chest), in over 700 hours of play. Then this week I go and get 2 exotics from open world event chests. I’ve also been seeing more rares, including 2 from 1 chest, and have had better luck salvaging into ecto.

The only thing I’ve been doing differently was to stop using MF.

Exotic drops

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I run with just over 100% mf minimum and higher with buffs and food, in pve i’ve had around 20 exotics drop from mobs plus ive had 3 from dragon chests (i know mf does not effect chests). I hardly run dungeons and fractals but when i have i change my gear to no mf, had around 6 exotics drop in total from them. Have played 900 hours on my main (which is very lucky) and around 150 hours on alts.
I’ts down to how lucky you are i guess

This. It’s also why I don’t buy lottery tickets. I’ve been rolling dice for close to 40 years. I know all about luck — or lack thereof.

Exotic drops

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I complained in a similar thread last week that I’d never had any that were not “set” rewards (map completion and the Ancient Karka chest), in over 700 hours of play. Then this week I go and get 2 exotics from open world event chests. I’ve also been seeing more rares, including 2 from 1 chest, and have had better luck salvaging into ecto.

The only thing I’ve been doing differently was to stop using MF.

I have been seeing, at least what I perceive to be, more rare drops than normal. Same goes for fine crafting materials. It may well be a figment of my imagination but I hope it’s because drops have finally been tweaked and the tightfisted stinginess of ANet is receding.

Exotic drops

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I do drop them consistently in Fractals, but never drop them outside it.

Exotic drops

Posted by: MrTank.4809

MrTank.4809

This may be surprising But I have played this game for 400 hours have 2 lvl 80’s and have never gotten an exotic drop EVER. Except for the superior rune of balefire from CoF which is soul-bound. So I don’t want to hear complaints about not getting one in the last month. lol

Exotic drops

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

1100 hours in (around december) and I saw my first exotic drop. 10 minutes later, another exotic dropped, off the same type of mob.

Around a month after that, I got an exotic world drop off of dungeon trash and and another one off a dungeon boss within the next few days.

A few days ago, I got an exotic drop off a veteran in malchor’s, then another exotic from an event chest the next day.

This might be purely a coincidence, but I started seeing exotics drops after the WvW bonuses were fixed. Prior to december (I think), my account wasn’t affected by the bonuses at all. I still remember looting a plant 2 times in a row for the first time and then seeing it happen again and again throughout the day, thinking it was a bug, but then finding out it was a WvW bonus.

Exotic drops

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

I have played since BWE1 and have never——NEVER had an exotic drop off a mob, or a chest. The only exotic I have ever received was from finishing a map.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Exotic drops

Posted by: Melanie.1240

Melanie.1240

I’m level 69 on my main and have serveral level 1x alts and I have gotten 1 rare, 0 exotics so far. I got a like dozen greens though, so I’m happy. xD

Exotic drops

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

I’m level 69 on my main and have serveral level 1x alts and I have gotten 1 rare, 0 exotics so far. I got a like dozen greens though, so I’m happy. xD

I do not know if it is happiness for me, but I do now laugh maniacally when I kill over 30 mobs in a row without having even a junk drop. I also laugh when I solo champions and get nothing, and laugh even harder when I am almost killed and I get a WHOLE BLUE!

It is like being parented by someone who says “Come on over here and let me give you a hug!” and when you do, they smack the living tar out of you.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Exotic drops

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Chance for exotics to drop is level 78 – 80 items. So first must be within level range or at least the level range of zone to meet requirements.

With the new patch once you hit 78+ you have a chance to get that exotic ANYWHERE, due to the new Down Leveling Adjustments.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Exotic drops

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

An exotic is lv 62 minimum. Doing a search for exotic only in TP supports this. Mystic Forge experiments I done confirmed this as well.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Exotic drops

Posted by: Tinboy.7954

Tinboy.7954

I’m pretty sure it’s just RNG but yesterday I got 3 exotic drops from cursed shore lol. I was pretty surprised myself. Keep in mind that I do run around with ~155% MF with a very good tagging build.

Exotic drops

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

Two days ago, got a Firelighter (exotic torch) from a… Risen Chicken.

Exotic drops

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m pretty sure it’s just RNG but yesterday I got 3 exotic drops from cursed shore lol. I was pretty surprised myself. Keep in mind that I do run around with ~155% MF with a very good tagging build.

It is just RNG, but you are taking advantage of 2 mechanics that increase the likelihood of your getting better drops. 1) Magic Find: the tax on farming; and 2) tagging mobs in the very few areas where an 80 can take advantage of the “chance for better drops from mobs whose level is higher than yours.” This code was in the game in the BWE’s, and afaik has never been removed, though the game no longer advertises it.

Exotic drops

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I got a full set of MF gear, jewels and all. Plus sigil of luck on my weapon. I drop 3-4 exotics a week playing 2 hours a night doing fractals up to lvl28 (they get too difficult to run in full MF beyond that) That’s pretty much all I do aside from WvW, in fact thats how I pay for my WvW expenses. People say MF is broken but I don’t buy that, I drop a lot more rares when I have it on. Minimum 6 per fractal run, the trick is to avoid speed runs, the dredge, ascalon, and Jade Maw mobs have an amazing drop rate.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Exotic drops

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

I tossed on a ful MF set and boosts. I’m going to try 230 MF in Orr tonight and see how I do ^^

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Exotic drops

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I am really curious what class the people that regularly get exotics are.
As I said my main is a Ranger & then guardian = over 1000hrs = no exotics since beta
Just rolled a warrior after deleting my engi and its already getting more loot at low lvls than any of my other char at those lvls.
Plus I have been slowly getting rid of MF gear on the Ranger and replacing with more zerker stuff. In hopes of improving loot so I can get second set of gear for it.
If you guys don’t mind saying what class you’re playing it would be interesting to see.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Exotic drops

Posted by: Verdauga.2694

Verdauga.2694

You cant all be serious, as of yesterday i decided to start working for my legendary so the first thing i did was go and get some MF gear. Considering masterwork gear has the same MF bonus as exotic, they didnt set me back much. If you include the runes and sigils i bought it probably cost me 10g.

Today was my first day farming orr, and after 4 hours i came away with 2 exotics, 5 rares, 20k karma and a TON of mats. So in one day of casual farming i already have more than covered the cost of my MF gear, and to me it seems to be doing its job.

Imho if you arent actually working to get these drops, you probably wont. So stop complaining. Its not arena nets fault you arent meeting the requirements they set, which arent actually that hard to meet.

[KnT] Beastgate
Preciousz – Warrior, Feelmysorrow – Guardian, Ineedsatisfaction – Elementalist

Exotic drops

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Imho if you arent actually working to get these drops, you probably wont. So stop complaining. Its not arena nets fault you arent meeting the requirements they set, which arent actually that hard to meet.

What requirements? All you should have to do is kill things, which doesn’t seem to work out well for a lot of us. I’ve got over 2000 hours played, and I think I got one exotic drop a long time ago, but there is a high probability I am recalling a chest drop. I’m fairly sure I would have taken a screenshot of an exotic drop. I had one during the halloween event from a chest, and 1-2 from other chests.

A good portion of my time has been spent leveling alts, but that still leaves a lot of time playing level 80 chars, in zones with mobs high enough level to drop level 80 loot(which is now anywhere thanks to a recent update). I’ve not spent all that much time standing around Penitent Tunnel like some sort of loot-crazed farmbot, but I’ve killed a lot of mobs in my time. If I have to waste hours and hours doing that to get an exotic drop, then forget it.

The 3 friends I play with daily have pretty much the same results. One of them isn’t all that far behind me in hours played, but should have more hours logged on a single character/in high-level areas. Between the 4 of us, I’d say the total count of exotic drops (excluding chests, which would only add a couple for each of us) would be 5 at best, most likely less. That’s a very pathetic chance considering all of us have played since beta.

I wish pve gave us a kill count other than the 1000-capped achievement list, but wvw is gracious enough to give us this. In over 4500 kills in wvw I have recieved 0 exotic drops, and I would guess a maximum of 4-5 rare drops, although I’m fairly sure that number is more like 2-3. That’s around a 0.1% chance of getting a rare, using the more generous estimate. A single rare in a thousand kills. I think that might be acceptable drop rate for exotics, but for rares? No. Not even close.

To be fair, the drop rate of rares in pve does seem to be much better than in wvw. Everyone can usually walk out of a dungeon with at least one, with same time investment in active play outside of a dungeon giving similar results. If I spend an hour roaming around Cursed Shore, killing most mobs I encountered, and doing any events I run across, I’ll probably see a rare drop. But an exotic drop, I don’t expect that to happen any time soon.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Exotic drops

Verdauga.2694

MF. What do you think its there for? Even though it isnt a requirement as such, its going to help a lot. And like you said, you dont farm, so of course you arent going to loot as many as people that do because thats what theyre playing for. I mean kitten they’re exotics, they shouldnt just fall out of the sky because you arent dedicated enough to actually go out and work for them.

[KnT] Beastgate

Exotic drops

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

Today was my first day farming orr, and after 4 hours i came away with 2 exotics, 5 rares, 20k karma and a TON of mats. So in one day of casual farming i already have more than covered the cost of my MF gear, and to me it seems to be doing its job.

2 exotics in 4 hours of orr farming – you have no idea how lucky you are, I probably have a few hundred hours of running around in cursed shore, farming events left and right with around +150 % MF, mostly with an engi and have not seen more than 2 exotics drop there. Would be also interesting to know your class though.

There really seem to be high and strange differences between some players and MF obviously isn´t the only reason – maybe WvW-boni?

(edited by hydeaut.1758)

Exotic drops

mrstealth.6701

I mean kitten they’re exotics, they shouldnt just fall out of the sky because you arent dedicated enough to actually go out and work for them.

Telling me I’ve not put any effort/dedication is beyond ridiculous. This is entering “can’t tell if serious” territory.

I think 2000+ hours is more than enough dedication. I understand the purpose of MF. Sure, people using +100%MF or more will get double the exo drops, but you shouldn’t have to use to that get any drop, period. If the only way to get an exotic, ever, is to have to pack around another 13-16 slots worth of “useless” gear, and spend hours each day farming the same 2 events, something is seriously broken. They aren’t rare named exotics, they aren’t precursors. It’s gear that can be crafted, there is no reason for the drop rate to be so pathetic. In the time I get enough materials to craft many sets of full exotic gear, I think it’s reasonable for a few exotic things to just drop in the same timeframe.

The limiting factors for crafting a set of exotic armor would be the 30 ecto and 30 T6 fine material requirement. If exotics are supposed to be so epic and rare, why can I get these items so much more readily?

I don’t think they should “fall out of the sky”, but there is something really screwed up when they just aren’t dropping at all in that much time.

Edit: Just a bit more info for the sake of being thorough

There have been quite a few times where I’ve spent a several hour session in Orr, with probably around +80-100% MF between a set of jewelry, a single weapon, and food/boosters/banners. I think the last time I spent about 3 hours in Cursed Shore, I made a decent bit of gold and materials, 16-18k karma, and a few rares. That’s fairly typical of what I would have gotten just playing anywhere else in that time without the MF, minus the karma from Orr’s quickly resetting/higher reward events. I could run around Frostgorge Sound killing trolls, icebrood, and arctodus for an hour and get a rare or two.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Exotic drops

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I got a full set of MF gear, jewels and all. Plus sigil of luck on my weapon. I drop 3-4 exotics a week playing 2 hours a night doing fractals up to lvl28 (they get too difficult to run in full MF beyond that) That’s pretty much all I do aside from WvW, in fact thats how I pay for my WvW expenses. People say MF is broken but I don’t buy that, I drop a lot more rares when I have it on. Minimum 6 per fractal run, the trick is to avoid speed runs, the dredge, ascalon, and Jade Maw mobs have an amazing drop rate.

I would just like to let you know that I really hate you. 3-4 Exotics a freaking week? Really? You’re telling me I’ve been playing this game for almost 6 months now and have never gotten one as a drop, but you get 3-4 a week…

By the way killed 7 champs tonight, only got loot once, and it was a WHITE item. Some of us feel totally ripped off when it comes to bugs like this. Hell it took them 3 MONTHS to get WvW bonuses for me. Why not wait another week for them to fix their “X-File Conspiracy” Loot code that they don’t have a PROBLEM with and say us players are all MAKING IT UP… Oh wait…. THEY DID FIND A PROBLEM, NO CONSPIRACY After All! Pfft.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Exotic drops

Verdauga.2694

Farming wise mrstealth, as you stated you dont do that.
Edit; now youre saying you do farm, not just for arguments sake i hope?

Im an ele. I hope you arent going to tell me thats a determining factor?

Weird that the group i run with are getting similar loot, isnt it?

[KnT] Beastgate

(edited by Verdauga.2694)

Exotic drops

mrstealth.6701

I think some simple math is in order.

Let’s use the Mystic Forge as a baseline for just how rare an exotic should be. Consensus seems to be that the Forge has a 10-20% chance to give an exotic if you put in 4 high level rares. Using the low end of that figure, on average, 10 sets/tries will give you 1 exotic. That is 40 rares to get 1 exotic. This isn’t taking into account getting a single rare back from the other 9 tries, or the other 10% in that range, but it’s a rough picture of what is going on. Account for returned rares, I think should be 32 required. At the far end of that spectrum (20% chance and accounting the returned rares) it would be 16 rares input for a single exotic.

This sets the precedent of how rare exotics are in relation to rare items. 40 rares for 1 exotic, using the most generous calculation. Assuming this precedent represents the intended rarity of exotics, they should be dropping at a rate of 1 exotic per 40 rares. Meaning that, on average, for every 40 rares you get, you will get 1 exotic.

I know I’ve had a lot more than 40 rare drops, so where are my exotics?

Exotic drops

Verdauga.2694

Basing creature based loot tables on the mystic forge loot table doesnt seem right to me. Again, i believe MF plays a big part, hopefully one day we’ll get a solid answer.

Glad theyre fixing vet drops and the DR bug though..

[KnT] Beastgate

Exotic drops

mrstealth.6701

Farming wise mrstealth, as you stated you dont do that.
Edit; now youre saying you do farm, not just for arguments sake i hope?

Im an ele. I hope you arent going to tell me thats a determining factor?

Weird that the group i run with are getting similar loot, isnt it?

I never stated that I don’t farm. I said that it wasn’t something done all that often, in relation to the many, many hours spent playing. And that is referring only to the times I was there specifically for that purpose, not the hours spent there doing map completion on my own characters or helping friends with theirs. Those hours were not spent standing idle in the zone, or running around avoiding mobs.

I dare say that we were getting even more kill credit roaming around killing and doing events than the horde of people standing at Penient battling with each other for kill/loot credit. It’s already been established that there is a problem in the requirement to qualify for a loot drop, even more so in high HP enemies (champs, vets, or mobs upscaled due to the nubmer of players at an event).

As for your profession…yes. An ele, and some others, have access to a wide assortment of AoE skills. They are quite literally a “mob tagging machine” compared to other more single-target focused professions. In a situation like Pen/Shelt, getting damage on more mobs means more chances at loot. If a warrior only manages to hit 1-2 mobs in a wave, he only has the chance for loot from those mobs. If an ele drops a large DoT/AoE like Meteor Shower, it’s possible to tag the entire wave and get a chance for every mob to drop something.

Exotic drops

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

I get a lot of exotic drops. They’re all from instances however.

Exotic drops

Verdauga.2694

Meteor shower has a long cast time which is detrimental to tagging as they die too fast. Warriors whirling axe however is amazing for farming. But i guess thats beside the point as i just picked 2 skills out of many..

Id like to discuss this further but its hard on my phone xd

[KnT] Beastgate

Exotic drops

mrstealth.6701

Meteor Shower is already doing damage during the channeling time, and it’s pretty easy to judge where it needs to be as the wave approaches. MS also has a nice advantage of each meteor counting as it’s own hit, and coming down in different locations. Each one of those can hit up to 5 targets, and the spacing just makes it better. But yes, that is just one example skill, and its recharge puts in in-line with things like Whirling Axe or Barrage.

I’d say that ele and guardian have the upper hands in quick recharging, pulsing, AoEs. Lava Font and symbols (especially traited) are just great for tagging. Thief’s Cluster Bomb and engi’s Flamethrower are decent, but I think they still fall behind quite a bit. There are a lot of AoE options, but it’s hard to beat Lava Font’s short recharge and pulsing damage.

Exotic drops

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I would just like to let you know that I really hate you. 3-4 Exotics a freaking week? Really? You’re telling me I’ve been playing this game for almost 6 months now and have never gotten one as a drop, but you get 3-4 a week…

By the way killed 7 champs tonight, only got loot once, and it was a WHITE item. Some of us feel totally ripped off when it comes to bugs like this. Hell it took them 3 MONTHS to get WvW bonuses for me. Why not wait another week for them to fix their “X-File Conspiracy” Loot code that they don’t have a PROBLEM with and say us players are all MAKING IT UP… Oh wait…. THEY DID FIND A PROBLEM, NO CONSPIRACY After All! Pfft.

Yes 3-4 a week though 3 out of those 4 I get out of the fractal chest. They are account bound and aren’t worth the ectos you get out of recycling them but it’s an exotic. The other 1 is a strait drop from a mob and it isn’t account bound.

The problem is with open world drops, I have to say that I’ve farmed all 70+ zones for hundreds of hours, before fractals appeared, with my MF gear and only got 2 Exotic drops.
They say that MF doesn’t affect chests but I believe that is incorrect. The chest contents are determined when the monster dies. So, if you have all your MF gear on when you kill that monster I believe it affects the contents of the chest. Well thets what I make of Anet’s explanation on MF located somewhere in these forums.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Exotic drops

Posted by: Lord Kreegan.8123

Lord Kreegan.8123

I have four 80’s and one alt in his 70’s who will probably hit 80 either today or tomorrow. I’ve been playing since release… yesterday was the first day I ever got exotics as “drops”… and actually I got TWO as the exploration reward for completing a zone, one item my character could use and one item I’ll have to give to one of my other characters.

I’m going by memory, but both items were level 70 items, so their stats weren’t all that wonderful…

Got a couple rares yesterday, too, which surprised me because I haven’t been seeing many rare drops lately either. Apparently the RNG gods were smiling on me yesterday… although none of the rares were usable by the class of the character I was playing… which seems to happen more often than not.

Exotic drops

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

There is possibility ingame to drop exotic? I thought that exotics can be only bought by karma/tokens or gambled in MF.
Strange, got 3 80s and playing from begining. But hasnt got exotic drop yet. And yes, i know what is magic fing. My 80 thief is geared for magic find.

Exotic drops

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Same… not even one exotic drop in about 2-3 months…

before anyone says anything about characters being in constant DR, I’ll put on my tinfoil hat

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Exotic drops

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

Yes, exotics still drop. They also can drop from any chest. Today an exotic piece of armor dropped from a chest in Southsun(underwater chest in south, guarded by 2 veteran sharks). It wasn’t a splendid/grand/magnificent chest, just labeled “Chest”.

Exotic drops

Geotherma.2395

I posted a pic on the perceived loot thread, I spent around 3-4 hours in Orr last night. I added the few runs with 230MF and put them side by side with the 30MF pics I took. Obviously more research is needed, which I’m working on, but for now I definitely noticed a difference. I’m working on something more detailed but its not ready yet.

*Edit. I edited the pic a bit to be more clear, the colors were a little hard to see. Uploaded new one.

About exotics, I usually see them maybe once a week. However, I see them more commonly from chests and champion mobs than i ever do from PVE regular mobs. But I believe this is how it was stated somewhere to be true anyway. I don’t do dungeons and I often ignore the dragons, but I may try to do a series of runs to see those drops someday.

Attachments:

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Exotic drops

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

I’ve had 1 exotic drop. One.

I do 6 dragons a day. CoF with my guild every day, several times.

I just play the game. I never get exotics. If I remember right too, that exotic was on the TP for 78s. I salvaged it for an ancient wood and sigil of air.

As much as I like this game, the loot situation makes it so I don’t even want to play. Can’t get stuff to craft rare earrings. Can’t get ingredients to craft food/dyes. Can’t get anything.

Exotic drops

Geotherma.2395

I’ve had 1 exotic drop. One.

I do 6 dragons a day. CoF with my guild every day, several times.

I just play the game. I never get exotics. If I remember right too, that exotic was on the TP for 78s. I salvaged it for an ancient wood and sigil of air.

As much as I like this game, the loot situation makes it so I don’t even want to play. Can’t get stuff to craft rare earrings. Can’t get ingredients to craft food/dyes. Can’t get anything.

I’m a cook and get all my mats for it very easily, most the high level mats aren’t even in in high level areas. Save for 1 ingredient in some. Also depends on what you do with your time, as for the salvaging I only use Black Lion salvage kits for exotics/rares. In the event that I don’t have one, which is unlikely, I would use a master salvage kit or simply sell the exotic since I have never seen an exotic (armor/weapon Level 80) for less than 1 g. Mainly because people would buy those super quick to salvage.

Exotic drops

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I wonder if anyone has gotten exotics and thought they were rares, because at a quick glance, at least on my monitor, it can appear that way. I’ve had exotics that I’ve thought were rares, and didn’t realize it until much later.

Not to say this happens to everyone, but I do wonder.

Exotic drops

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

So, to get exotic drops: run FotM if you want account bound ones and Shelter/Penitent with MF while in a group if you want the valuable ones? Looks like GW2 has one area in the open world, an area that is over-utilized (at least on my server). Oh, and don’t forget to pay the MF tax. GW1 had many places you could go to get rare, valuable drops. To get specific ones, you had to go to specific areas, but even then there weren’t 20-50 people spamming AoE’s there.

Exotic drops

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

You cant all be serious, as of yesterday i decided to start working for my legendary so the first thing i did was go and get some MF gear. Considering masterwork gear has the same MF bonus as exotic, they didnt set me back much. If you include the runes and sigils i bought it probably cost me 10g.

Rude. If you were receiving no rares or exotics for your efforts, or a paltry amount like myself (+- 1/month), you’d be complaining on here just like everyone else.

Only received 2 exotics outside of the rigged karka box since game launch, not a single one from mobs, only chests, never a dragon and never a JP. Even the amount of rares is horrifyingly low for some.

In short, just because you aren’t having this problem, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, or that it is our fault. Rude.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Exotic drops

Posted by: Yenkin.5410

Yenkin.5410

I have had no Exotic drops what so ever, I can count on 2 hands the number of rares that have dropped. My exotic’s were bought, or owned through tokens running dungeons.