Expect less revives from now on...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

I don’t like how you’ll stop getting XP after lvl80.
GW2 had a theme, that everything you do rewards you, including harvesting nodes, crafting, reviving and discovering.
If leveling after 80 is gone, and all you get instead is a chance for this new currency when killing mobs, then there are no longer rewards for those mentioned above..

No mater how insignificant those rewards where, they made players bother to do the above mentioned actions.
IMO there should always be some number coming out, at least when you revive someone.

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

you get mastery points for experience after lvl 80

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I think people are misunderstanding. You aren’t going to be “no longer getting XP” after 80. You still need XP to level up the mastery tiers. Its no longer ‘x’ amount and then a skill point, rinse and repeat.

Now its spend mastery point to unlock tier, gain xp to get the the next tier, spend next mastery point, gain more xp, etc etc.

Edit: Mastery points come from doing certain objectives, not from gaining experience.

From the wiki:
“Mastery points are spent on selective Master tracks; they are earned from completing various goals within the game, but they may only be spent at level eighty. There are two sets of tracks; one for The Heart of Maguuma new regions from Heart of Thorns expansion, and a different set of Mastery tracks for all PvE zones currently available in the game today.1 Mastery tracks are completed by earning an increasing amount of experience points, currently the first track requires 254,000 exp, and the second tier of the track requires 1,012,000 exp.”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Well, then it’s a good thing I like to revive to help players instead of just seeing numbers float up into the sky.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Kite.2510

The impression the blog posts gave me, is that leveling will stop after 80, and all we’ll get after that is chance to loot currencies.

Well, then it’s a good thing I like to revive to help players instead of just seeing numbers float up into the sky.

Me 2.
But I also like being revived as well.

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Amen. I never even particularly thought about reviving to get XP.

To be fair, I did “revive farm” dead NPC in some area where Jotun perpetually club them to death, back when I was about 50 revives away from Combat Healer. But when it comes to players, I don’t think I was ever concerned with getting XP for it.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

There were people who revived to get XP?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The impression the blog posts gave me, is that leveling will stop after 80, and all we’ll get after that is chance to loot currencies.

Me 2.
But I also like being revived as well.

They were discussing this on Aurora Peach’s guild gab a couple of sessions ago, and having read that masteries and experience aren’t tied together in the blog post, I asked about how it work, and several of the beta plays in the chat answered me. You still get xp from events, kills, reviving, etc. It just all goes towards your mastery track. Its not going away.

As for spirit shards, we should be able to get them relatively reliably from champ bags if they don’t change the drop rate of scrolls (since scrolls are becoming shards).

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I’ve never heard of anyone ever say or suggest that they revive others for the sake of exp. So your title is way off the mark.

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Would have to be pretty hard hearted to watch someone be downed and hear them say ‘help me’ and do nothing, xp or no xp.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If anything it’s more important to get that XP after HoT than before. So many people didn’t give a kitten about skill points, but many people will want to level their masteries as quickly as they can. I expect more people will be rezzing, if they’re doing it for selfish motives, not less.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I think most people revive players out of kindness, not for the XP

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

If the enemies revive those i ganked in wvw i can kill em again for wxp! But yeah, never heard people solely revived others just for the silly exp off it, lol.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Scandi.5693

Scandi.5693

Wow, I am in the wrong game if people were to refuse to help each other because there is no exp in it for them.

Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion.

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Would have to be pretty hard hearted to watch someone be downed and hear them say ‘help me’ and do nothing, xp or no xp.

You’re right. That’s when you stomp them to see your new gemstore bought animation play out.

Also, if they are Charr or Asuran, or known to be AFK I let them bleed out. No amount of XP could motivate me to revive in those cases.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Wow, I am in the wrong game if people were to refuse to help each other because there is no exp in it for them.

You’re not in the wrong game (but the OP might be lol)

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Did gaining XP after lvl80 actually mean anything anyway? All you really got out of it was a skill point that you can use at the forge. Now we get s chance to drop shard which can be used at the forge. People will not suddenly stop doing things they already do because of this change. Did a lvl80 ever say “Quick rez this guy cause I really need the XP.”?

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

lol this thread made my crappy morning so much better

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

As for spirit shards, we should be able to get them relatively reliably from champ bags if they don’t change the drop rate of scrolls (since scrolls are becoming shards).

Oh, goody! I needed more reason to champ farm.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Also, if they are Charr or Asuran, or known to be AFK I let them bleed out. No amount of XP could motivate me to revive in those cases.

You’re missing out. Revive those AFKers enough times and they’ll come back to find themselves naked and needing to waypoint out to an armor repairer.

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

As i love to only play Asuras, i cannot and dont run past a fellow Asurian laying dead, i hate to see their little broken bodies laying there so i will continue to revive then, and other races of course.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Oh, goody! I needed more reason to champ farm.

Well to be fair, the blog says something about looting them from foes as an 80, but not sure how common such will be.

I don’t think I champ farm all that much (or do the SW chest runs) and I have like 3 stacks of scrolls sitting in my bank…I really don’t see getting spirit shards as being an issue after the change…

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

you get mastery points for experience after lvl 80

But from the time the wallet change occurs until HoT release all XP gained past level 80 will be wasted according to their post because we aren’t going to be able to earn mastery xp until then.

“Leveling up after level 80 no longer grants skill points, but level 80 characters will be able to loot spirit shards off of monsters.” ~Anet 6/10/2015

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I’m honestly surprised anyone ever rezzed to get xp. Seems so trivial.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, I’d be willing to bet that a vast majority of those who are level 80 don’t rez for the exp. No need to be paranoid over nothing here, OP.

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

It’s my dream in MMO that I can rez people without being priest or something.. so I always rez.

Unless the corpse are AFKers or impossible to help.

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

Yea, I am not going to rez ya because I can take on that zerg solo….

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: tramwajarz.2369

tramwajarz.2369

I always walk by dead ppl in this game, why should I waste my time for them. That being said experience is not the factor pushing ppl to res each other.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

less revives….do they even revive right now?

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I’ve never rezzed anyone since hitting 80 for the experience, I’ve done it because it’s a nice thing to do.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I can honestly say that 100% of the revives I do are to be helpful and has never, ever been because I get XP.

Seriously who only revives someone because you get XP. The incentive is to help someone because you sure as kitten know that if you were dead you’d want someone running by to come help you.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I can’t say 100% of mine have been purely to help. For a long time one could get a daily to do 10 revives, and off I’d trot to a place full of dead NPC’s to get them on their feet. That was for AP, not XP, though. Ditto with getting Combat Healer.

When it comes to players needing help, there it’s 100% to be helpful and the XP doesn’t even factor in. It’s just nice that it happens organically as a result of being helpful.

If your only motive in helping others is advancing yourself, good news! Post 80 XP is going to advance your masteries, and as the amount needed for higher level masteries grows, so should your motivation to get every dram of XP you can!

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

I don’t think “ressing for exp” was ever a thing.

Downed players will still be revived because it is still necessary.
Defeated players will still NOT be revived because it is still a waste of time.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I think you’re having an ‘oops wrong chat’ moment Kite – you’re looking for the WoW forums, this is GW2

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

It’s not for xp it’s for ap..... with that being capped rezing is a waste of everyone’s time stop doing it!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Exp was never a compelling reason for ressing.
I res people as long as they haven’t crossed the threshold of being too annoying and even then there are exceptions.

The exp popup can be a useful visual indicator for “ressing complete” especially when the screen is crowded with effects.

Edit: It would take 60 hours to get from 2-80 just ressing(out of combat). This is enough time to get 100% world completion.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There were people who revived to get XP?

Apparently

The thing is: experience past L80 (after acquiring all skills) has had precious little value. Sure, some people do their mystic forge recipes/promotions. Most, however, end up with oodles of skill points and nothing to spend them on.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Wasn’t there a similar thread on how everyone will stop reviving because of megaservers?

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Wasn’t there a similar thread on how everyone will stop reviving because of megaservers?

I stopped reviving cause I might not qualify for the big loot if I stop to pick someone up.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I revive so we don’t wipe and because people don’t understand that they will get rewards if they just WP. Other times I do it out of good nature. I don’t see rallying changing much.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Not sure that you’ve ever revived me so I should be OK. But, if I see you in a group with me I will surely be inclined to vote for a kick and explain this thread to the rest of the group. Nothing personal but, if you are stating now that you don’t see rezzing as worthwhile without an xp reward, its probably a good idea to avoid sharing a group with you.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I res other players simply because as a human being I try to have empathy for others.

Golden rule FTW!

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

In line with what others have said…it has never really mattered to me that I was getting xp for reviving others. It just seems like “the thing to do.”

Kite.2510

NO SEASONED PLAYER IS GOING TO REVIVE SOMEONE FOR THAT FUNNY AMOUNT OF USELESS XP.

Obviously!
What I’m saying is that now that new players will come into the game, I believe there should still be a number comming out, even if it’s another useless currency.
Think “10 points of karma” useless.
As long as it exist, new players will be more inclined to do so.
Is a psychological thing!… A Skinner Box!

…and don’t be toxic!

(edited by Kite.2510)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s nice we get XP for rezzing but it not the motivating factor for me. Just like mat gathering gives XP, again I’m not doing it for the XP. I don’t explore for the XP. I don’t visit Vistas for the XP. I don’t craft for the XP.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

By the time they get to 80, they aren’t a new player. Also the numbers should still be coming out, just applying to Mastery rather than pseudo levels.

There may be a short time frame between release of this system and release of masteries in HoT during which 80’s don’t get much use out of xp-granting actions. That doesn’t mean a long-term paradigm shift in incentives, though.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

NO SEASONED PLAYER IS GOING TO REVIVE SOMEONE FOR THAT FUNNY AMOUNT OF USELESS XP.

Obviously!
What I’m saying is that now that new players will come into the game, I believe there should still be a number comming out, even if it’s another useless currency.

We were all new players once, and I certainly don’t remember reviving my first player as “Hey, I can get XP for this?” it was more “Hey, this player needs my help!”

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I go out of my way to revive people if I see them down on my map during exploration or such. If they port before I get there I don’t feel bad about missing out on the XP, because it was never a factor in what I was doing.

You shouldn’t need a reward to be a decent person towards your fellow players.

(edited by Pockets.3201)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Obviously!

1) If you are worried about new players needing an incentive to revive, there is an Achievement for that.

2) You will still get XP for everything you do, it will just be applied to the new Mastery track XP bar, rather than the old regular XP bar.

3) I would hope most players revive someone out of the goodness of their hearts (play allowing), rather than for a ‘reward’.

Good luck.

Posted by: MrDreadful.7014

MrDreadful.7014

:/ I just revive folks because I’d hope they’d do the same for myself or others, at some point.