Finally, Every Legendary!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Grats for sure but… I look at that and all I see is GOOOOOOOOLD, sooooo much goooollddd.. If I had all those in my inventory, even after all the work I went through to craft them, my temptation to just sell them all and get stupid rich would be uncontrollable.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

Now thats a hardcore addict, bravo op, bravo!
I just don’t have the fortitude to do insane gaming anymore

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I’ve had 15 drop from forge, 2 from loots. Started out playing the TP early. Made a ton of gold off of ghastly shields and wind/lightning catchers, close to 60k made off of just those 3 items, then there was a lot of money made on other various skins that I thought would go well but no where close to what I reaped from the shields.

And here we have it. Want shiny items? Don’t bother playing the game.

Love the way you designed your reward system ANet. [/sarcasm] Seriously, if I could change one thing about the game it would be that we’d have challenging content (raids, dungeons, solo missions, whatever) where those who played and completed those actually had lots of account bound shiny stuff, not the market traders. But alas that is a dream. Thanks John Smith!

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

No, seriously, give me your juggernaut….

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

In reality I read
“I never have no will ever have a woman”

The typical argument for people who are very successful in a video game.

Attachments:

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Korimor.2406

Korimor.2406

What an incredible waste of your time. Well done, now get your kitten outside

4k hours played is a lot, but certainly not unique among people who have played since launch. How many of them have all 9000 legendaries? This is only wasted time if the OP regrets having done it. Congrats Kor!

I do agree with Paul though, you should go camping or something to celebrate.

Camping is boring. I stay in my car pretty pretty much at least a few nights a week for my fishing tournaments. I’d say that well more than half of my hours have been played during the winter. During the spring and summer I don’t play much at all due to my fishing career.

Maguuma – “The Legendary Guy”
Jedi – Revenant, Tylox – Thief, Roeina – Ele, Korimor – Warrior
youtube.com/user/KorimorSWG

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

During the spring and summer I don’t play much at all due to my fishing career.

If you need someone to, you know, keep your account warm for you during the winter, let me know.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

This is an interesting thread with a lot of well constructed arguments, and it’s definitely a subject I think about often. Obviously, the answer to this question is highly subjective, and I don’t believe there is a single right answer. I like reading everyone’s opinion on the matter, though, and I hope this discussion goes on.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

In reality I read
“I never have no will ever have a woman”

The typical argument for people who are very successful in a video game.

This is true but in this case I think the success in the game in question is why I’d recommend the gamer to go cycling or even just breathe fresh air. I’m not jealous, I’m just concerned for the guy/gal.

I mean if it was a consortium of people saying “Yay, we finally did it!” it wouldn’t be an issue but it’s one guy/gal.

Ps. OP, I’m not saying you’re a mutant or anything, just maybe take timeout or something. What you did is mind boggling to me, I just hope you had fun doing it.

(edited by Paul.4081)

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

So, let’s see….4500 hours divided by approx. 21 months(life of gw2) = approx 214 hours a month, divided by 30 = just over 7 hours average daily playing time.

Seriously? That’s downright scary.

I mean, congrats and all to the op, but this all reminds me of that South Park episode of Eric Cartman being addicted to WoW.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

4k hours played is a lot, but certainly not unique among people who have played since launch.

There are 2 thousand hours in a work YEAR.

It hasn’t even been 2 years since release. :V

Still, grats to the OP.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’ve had 15 drop from forge, 2 from loots. Started out playing the TP early. Made a ton of gold off of ghastly shields and wind/lightning catchers, close to 60k made off of just those 3 items, then there was a lot of money made on other various skins that I thought would go well but no where close to what I reaped from the shields.

Very impressive. Gratz on reaching your goal, I’m sure you have a lot of fun working towards it.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Korimor.2406

So, let’s see….4500 hours divided by approx. 21 months(life of gw2) = approx 214 hours a month, divided by 30 = just over 7 hours average daily playing time.

I mean, congrats and all to the op, but this all reminds me of that South Park episode of Eric Cartman being addicted to WoW.

I also have LOTS of idle time in LA, I would leave the game on when I was going to classes and such as well..

I love watching all of these responses and all the hate from people who can only seem to say, “you’ve wasted your life/ too much time/ no life/ must be a troll” etc.

I know for a fact there are many people who have played much more than me since release, honestly I have maybe only “grinded” (done dungeons, farmed for gold, etc) for about 300-500 hours total. Most of my time has been spent AFK, in LA talking, or in WvW.

I know that I have played this game quite a lot, possibly even too much, but what else are you supposed to do when you are a college kid stuck in the dorm during the week with 22 free hours a day. I don’t sleep much as it is, I only workout for about an hour a day, lay around or watch tv for another hour or so, which still leaves a ton of free time left in the day. Even after factoring in hanging out with friends or going to parties and other things associated with school there is still a TON of free time.

This is mostly at school though, when I am at home, or on the weekends most of my days are spent out on a lake somewhere fishing competitively to make money. I don’t know if anyone here knows about tournament fishing or bass fishing in general, but it is a huge time consumer during the summer and when season is actually in. So basically, I don’t just live inside on the computer, I know as well as many of my friends who play, know that I do not just play this game religiously as many of you would probably believe.

So continue the hate and the criticism of my personal life, it is really kind of amusing.
And if you are going to talk about how much of a loser and such I am in a PM, why not just post in on the forum cause I’m obviously not going to respond to each message individually.

And I thank everyone who is not being down on the topic and trying to put me down for dumb and irrelevant reasons. I posted this because of how excited I was to finish my goal and to share my excitement with others whom may not have the time nor the will to collect them all. And I appreciate the good words amongst the sea of “hate”

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I don’t understand most people’s needs to throw insults and jabs like “go get fresh air / a girl friend”

He accomplished something, and this is a forum for the game.

Anyway Grats!!

I’m already “grinded” out on my 3 legendaries. (Sunrise and Bifrost I made through luck on the TP too. But only helped for the t6 and the precursor) I can’t imagine doing map completion so many times and having so to get so much karma. Though I guess I’ll have to work on the Karma portion for the Dreamer now

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Korimor.2406

I don’t understand most people’s needs to throw insults and jabs like “go get fresh air / a girl friend”

He accomplished something, and this is a forum for the game.

Anyway Grats!!

I’m already “grinded” out on my 3 legendaries. (Sunrise and Bifrost I made through luck on the TP too. But only helped for the t6 and the precursor) I can’t imagine doing map completion and having so to get so much karma.

Thank you and congrats on your legendaries.

I do not understand it as well, maybe some people just aren’t able to grasp that people may actually have a life (including a gf/ free time/ outdoor time/ etc) outside of a game they play quite regularly

Teon.5168

I also have LOTS of idle time in LA, I would leave the game on when I was going to classes and such as well..

I love watching all of these responses and all the hate from people who can only seem to say, “you’ve wasted your life/ too much time/ no life/ must be a troll” etc.

I know for a fact there are many people who have played much more than me since release, honestly I have maybe only “grinded” (done dungeons, farmed for gold, etc) for about 300-500 hours total. Most of my time has been spent AFK, in LA talking, or in WvW.

I know that I have played this game quite a lot, possibly even too much, but what else are you supposed to do when you are a college kid stuck in the dorm during the week with 22 free hours a day. I don’t sleep much as it is, I only workout for about an hour a day, lay around or watch tv for another hour or so, which still leaves a ton of free time left in the day. Even after factoring in hanging out with friends or going to parties and other things associated with school there is still a TON of free time.

This is mostly at school though, when I am at home, or on the weekends most of my days are spent out on a lake somewhere fishing competitively to make money. I don’t know if anyone here knows about tournament fishing or bass fishing in general, but it is a huge time consumer during the summer and when season is actually in. So basically, I don’t just live inside on the computer, I know as well as many of my friends who play, know that I do not just play this game religiously as many of you would probably believe.

So continue the hate and the criticism of my personal life, it is really kind of amusing.
And if you are going to talk about how much of a loser and such I am in a PM, why not just post in on the forum cause I’m obviously not going to respond to each message individually.

And I thank everyone who is not being down on the topic and trying to put me down for dumb and irrelevant reasons. I posted this because of how excited I was to finish my goal and to share my excitement with others whom may not have the time nor the will to collect them all. And I appreciate the good words amongst the sea of “hate”

No hate coming from me. Just stating that that sort of time commitment to a video game is kind of scary, imo. Still, cool that you were able to get all the legendaries.

And just asking, but what sort of class schedule do you have when you have 22 hours of free time a day being a college student? (and I thought I did light class schedules at college….lol)

Cool that you’re doing tournament fishing……that has got to be a ton of fun! I have watched several of the bassmaster tourneys on tv, and I fish when I can……could never do tourney stuff….but I love fishing

And the Cartman episode of South Park where he and his friends get addicted to WoW IS pretty funny……reminded me of a lot of the stuff I have seen and experienced in mmos…..lol.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Korimor.2406

No hate coming from me. Just stating that that sort of time commitment to a video game is kind of scary, imo.

And just asking, but what sort of class schedule do you have when you have 22 hours of free time a day being a college student? (and I thought I did light class schedules at college….lol)

Cool that you’re doing tournament fishing……that has got to be a ton of fun!

I had 15 hours of class, I had 2 40 minute lectures monday and wednesday, with 2 50 minute discussions on friday and 2 online classes.

Yeah it is, I have for about 10 years now and I have several family members and close friends who do it professionally, I am just now really breaching into the professional scene just getting out of all the junior/high school circuits

Teon.5168

I had 15 hours of class, I had 2 40 minute lectures monday and wednesday, with 2 50 minute discussions on friday and 2 online classes.

Yeah it is, I have for about 10 years now and I have several family members and close friends who do it professionally, I am just now really breaching into the professional scene just getting out of all the junior/high school circuits

Ok, had you beat on the light class schedule, as in less hours….lol.

Am envious about the fishing tournament stuff….that has to be a ton of fun! Best of luck in that!

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

To the OP: Congratulations. Regardless of how you obtained it, that’s an impressive accomplishment.

Now, who will be the first to post proof of a complete Wardrobe collection? If you think 19 Legendaries is impressive, consider that that’s only one step on the road to fully completing your Wardrobe.

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

Congratz man! , I’m happy for ya achieving what seems to be an impossible feat. Something these envious individuals can’t fathom the fact that they can’t make a similar post. So much so, that they are trying to evaluate your private life and dictate what you should be doing LOL.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

Korimor.2406

Congratz man! , I’m happy for ya achieving what seems to be an impossible feat. Something these envious individuals can’t fathom the fact that they can’t make a similar post. So much so, that they are trying to evaluate your private life and dictate what you should be doing LOL.

Thanks haha

Posted by: WarMacheen.7124

WarMacheen.7124

Congrats, especially on getting all of the pre’s, people like me have never once seen one drop. Good to know others have an abundance.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Wow, would you mind giving me your Eternity perhaps?
Because im currently collecting those!

Collecting as in using wardrobe and xmute charges to change the appearance of your swords. Very nice. That’s not the same as collecting them unfortunately…

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Ele Lady.6103

Ele Lady.6103

Congratulations! Very impressive feat with only 4,5k hrs. Investments must
have saved a lot of time. I have 4,9k hrs with just my 4th legendary
on the way. I feel like I’ve been procrastinating :/ (literally squeezing money
from where ever I can to get what I want, no TP or investments).

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

Do you even have the necessary classes to use them all? If you don’t, I’m always here.

(edited by flipyap.5789)

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

Congratulations!!!
A truly Legendary achievement!

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I don’t envy you… GZ…. I just feel like a total noob in terms of economics…. I had so much gold so many times… if only I invested it wisely at the right moment This is achievable only by playing TP

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

If you wouldn’t care you wouldn’t write that huge essay about your humble life explaining yourself to your haters, that’s a cry for attention imho.

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

I had to log-in just to reply to this topic! Congrats on your achievement! It truly is Legendary

Ignore all the critics here, they are just bitter and/or need something to complain about to make themselves feel good.

And yes people, this is indeed a great feat, I remember people posting about “World’s First Sunrise!”, etc. so why shouldn’t he post something like this? lol

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

gw2 = legendary making

this make me sad

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

Good job on all your legendaries!
Sounds like there’s a lot of people in here that are jell-o that they don’t have ’em.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Great job and glad you achieved what you set out to do!

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Korimor.2406

I had to log-in just to reply to this topic! Congrats on your achievement! It truly is Legendary

Ignore all the critics here, they are just bitter and/or need something to complain about to make themselves feel good.

And yes people, this is indeed a great feat, I remember people posting about “World’s First Sunrise!”, etc. so why shouldn’t he post something like this? lol

My guild was talking about this last night. I do wonder who in fact has the first collection, whether I do or not I do not know. I now know of 2 others who are 1 away and one more 2 away. No matter what it takes a great deal of time and a great amount of luck involved in to all of it.

I appreciate those who are being positive

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Don’t stroke your ego thinking that the people calling you a loser are legitimately jealous of what you’ve done here. The game is still plenty fun without sinking thousands of hours into getting marginally better equipment than what you can easily buy for a couple gold pieces.

I just wonder what you’re going to do now that you’ve done this. If I had that much stuff, I don’t think I could even bring myself to keep playing. You’ve pretty much won the game.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Dreossk.5938

Dreossk.5938

I wouldn’t even consider taking the time to do one…

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Pointless attention grabbing post…… but gratz I guess?

Korimor.2406

Don’t stroke your ego thinking that the people calling you a loser are legitimately jealous of what you’ve done here. The game is still plenty fun without sinking thousands of hours into getting marginally better equipment than what you can easily buy for a couple gold pieces.

I just wonder what you’re going to do now that you’ve done this. If I had that much stuff, I don’t think I could even bring myself to keep playing. You’ve pretty much won the game.

I play the game for WvW, legendaries were a side factor.

And I don’t care if they are jealous or not….

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

Gratz Man lost of hard work there so much karma.

I just completed number 7 still debating if i will make it 8 :p

Also haters gonna hate

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

gw2 = legendary making

this make me sad

GW2 end game is mastering TP!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Congratulation ‘mon.Now you are truly Legendary
Also don’t listen to the haters.They will always hate.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

gw2 = legendary making

this make me sad

GW2 end game is mastering TP!

nah, its achifarming, preferably as staff 111 guardian

Posted by: Samuirai.4561

Samuirai.4561

Update:
got my Howler today. Now I have all legendaries too

shameless bragging: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC0VsdJgqhk

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

In some games this may mean a long journey of questing, crafting, and hardcore raiding was done to obtain them. In gw2 it means you literally farmed your thumbprints off, collecting mats as far as the eye can see. Legendaries are cool but the way to obtain them has always put me off and I think made the items more of a tier than an actual feat.

Korimor.2406

Update:
got my Howler today. Now I have all legendaries too

shameless bragging: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC0VsdJgqhk

Very nice!

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

In some games this may mean a long journey of questing, crafting, and hardcore raiding was done to obtain them. In gw2 it means you literally farmed your thumbprints off, collecting mats as far as the eye can see. Legendaries are cool but the way to obtain them has always put me off and I think made the items more of a tier than an actual feat.

Even if he had gone on a long journey of questing, crafting, and hardcore raiding, I’m sure there’d still be the “Nope just attention grabbing” and “lol nerd go outside” posts. The fact is, he has all the Legendaries, and I don’t, so I’m going to congratulate him on such a feat.

Grats!

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

After many hours spent mapping, many lucky guesses, many bad guesses, ups/downs, the good and the bad, the many many many wvw kills hoping for the next pre to drop.

Gratz on your achievement, really!
But this statement also shows what’s wrong with the game… you were playing hoping for the “next pre to drop” and I assume you’ve probably had 5-10 drop for you.
Others have had none or at most 1 pre drop and are basically still trying to craft their first legendary.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

When legendary items can be gained without gambling /playing the TP, you know by actualy playing the game. i’ll maybe consider doing one. Untill then i don’t consider them legendary but pathetic.

I don’t want anything handed to me but i want a reliable reward for hard work.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Played 2800 hours. Never got a single precursor. So I can’t even understand someone having all of the legendaries.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Played 2800 hours. Never got a single precursor. So I can’t even understand someone having all of the legendaries.

Farm gold/buy gold online/buygems—>gold, Open up TP, purchase precursor, craft legendary. Rinse and repeat for every legendary.

Or ez mode: same as above but just buy the legendary from the beginning.

I so hate the fact you can buy legendaries on the TP.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Gratz now you can look like everyone else standing around in the major cities all wielding the same weapons. Getting Legendaries aren’t impressive you can do zerg champ trains all day or flip items on the trading posts. There is nothing legendary about Legendaries