Frost gorge train ruined

Frost gorge train ruined

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I’m amazed at how short-sighted many people are: they’re happy at making other players suffer without understanding that those people were the ones who made their life easier by repeating monotonous task which the first players wouldn’t have to do. It’s like being happy at a limit of those dirty lousy yardmen – before seeing that they’ll have to pick up all the trash themselves now.

Fasalina, Nerelith and others who admit they haven’t studied economics, here’s a Wiki image.

The image shows an increase in supply – the price drops. When supply decreases, the price increases.

• Let’s say we had 100 players who needed 1 charged lodestone per week each, which makes 100 lodestones per week.
  • We had 10 farmers who farmed 10 lodestones per week each, which makes 100 lodestones per week.
  • Let’s say the price got an equilibrium at around 2g.
  • After patch, we still have 100 players who need 1 charged lodestone per week each, which makes 100 lodestones per week – nothing changed.
  • After patch, the 10 farmers can only farm 5 lodestones per week.
  • When the first 50 lodestones at 2g are sold, the other 50 players still need 50 more lodestones.
  • Because they need these lodestones but can’t get them, they offer more for these lodestones – let’s say up to 4g per lodestone.
  • 10 other non-farmers see that the offers for lodestones got higher and decide to go farming.
  • Now we have 20 people farming instead of 10 people to provide enough supply of 100 lodestones per week, while players pay more for the exact same lodestones because otherwise the farmers will stop farming.

Result of the train-nerf which you’re so happy about? More people have to grind, more casual players suffer from an increase in prices. Both sides become unhappy (and eventually leave the game).

…and let’s not forget that world boss trains for ecto and Orr event farming for T6 also got nerfed.

Attachments:

20 level 80s and counting.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

You guys that are exclaiming “Good!” might not be so happy if this makes t6 mats, cores and lodestones increase in price since people won’t be opening near as many boxes. :P

Yes I will. Increase the price! Make it skyrocket! Now this is even BETTER news!

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

Well, this sucks

I loved hanging out with friends, chatting on TS, while doing champ farm. I made new friends too. I had a comfortable income. I thought I might finally be able to craft my first legendary.

Now, legendary seems (again) out of reach… No more relaxing running with other people that doesn’t require much concentration… I liked the champ trains. It fit my playstyle on days when I didn’t have too much time to play.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

was bound to happen some day. And the raging over QD spider now being an elite (took rather long to realize by them) was one of the funniest entertainments I had in weeks of playing. Guess we will see a renaissance of Orr and some Karka train outside of Deso.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The funny thing is that the champ trains were one of the very few instances in GW2 where pugs would interact and be a community.

Anyway, the question now is: do we go clockwise or counter-clockwise in EoTM?

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Niewinter.1807

Niewinter.1807

I have to say Train was a valid way of earning gold.
i found it very interessting people complaing about the train because they dont like a zerg.
saing in chat da…it zerg i whant to solo the champs or zerking is no competion..ect.
well in QD soloing champs isn´t eather.

i fellt well going with the train chating with people about GoT and working my way to a lengendary or just an exotic i liked the skin.. (btw the person farming this skin also had his share as i was paying him with money i made of the train)

now a legendary is again far out of reach and i will do one of two thinks 1 wait at one position and farm the respawning champ.(and complain about every one else who comes by and whants to particpate becaus ia will solo everything and everything is mine* sarcasm)

or i will just leave guildwars

i think it will be the second one.

ps. i know you dont care if i leave so save you comments on that i was just sharing my oppinion
pps: i could play TP i have the gold for that and i know how it works but the only thing that would happen if everybody is playing the TP that the prices would skyrocket.

Sory for my bad english

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

The sooner they realize that the economy is beyond repair the better for everyone. There are players out there sitting on tens of thousands of gold and no matter how many gold sinks they introduce it’s never going to even out. They have nobody to blame here but themselves for introducing so many exploitable avenues into the game.

The only real solution would be making gold less important and having the acquisition of truly rare items and skins be based on in-game feats rather than currency farming or RNG. Until that happens we’ll continue seeing these desperate measures.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Someone here is really promoting a toxic environment in the playerbase, but it sure aren’t the champ farmers.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Adventurous Cookie.1658

Adventurous Cookie.1658

The only people who get to gain with this update are the Gold sellers,like i said to others people today this is the beginning of the end.

Anet, you’re breaking my heart! You’re going down a path I cannot follow!

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

What happened to “Play the way you want” thing?

I never found Trains to be that particularly profitable anyway.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Anyone who thinks this will cause deflation or even mildly curb inflation has never even studied the most elementary economics.

So then enlighten us oh mighty savior?
And also one question. Did the champ farm contribute to the deflation or to the reduction of inflation (I think not, which means the disappearance of said champ farms isn’t bad either) Or am i wrong?

It’s bad for his wallet.

I don’t, nor have I ever, champ train farmed. It has nothing to do with “my wallet”.

Again, in an economy where money is created at will (each looted item or amount of coin is brand new to the world and therefore wealth is actively created) will never experience anything but inflation when combined with a supply/demand based market. Trying to argue otherwise displays a complete ignorance of the most basic of economics

But when did I say that now that champ farms stopped the inflation will stop?
Exactly, I never said that. I only said that nerfing the champ train will force people to do more dungeons, and that’s what makes me happy.

You quoted me (in a post where I was not responding or speaking to you) and asked me to explain elementary economics. I did. Now you’re angry at me for acquiescing to your request? Not so good in social situations, are you?

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

WHY ANET? My only source of income is gone. Life is not worth living anymore. But seriously, this was not even clear in the patch notes. This patch went ahead without the approval of the community. I’m sure this is devastating to everyone! How can anet change something so drastic and not ask the community how they would feel about the train being removed. This change is so drastic, it needs democracy and opinions of others.

We want the train back.

This is so LOL on so many levels. I didnt even read this in the patch notes, but anything that removes zerg trains is good for the game.

Go play the game correctly now.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Frost gorge train ruined

Lishtenbird.2814

This is so LOL on so many levels. I didnt even read this in the patch notes, but anything that removes zerg trains is good for the game.

No, your face is funny No, your comment is LOL on so many levels:) I think you should at least read this post. Come back here when T6 mats for your ascended/precursor/legendary crafting double in price.

And if you’re concerned about the zerg trains… Have you heard that all world bosses are now converted to zerg trains on a fixed schedule?

Frost gorge train ruined

Algreg.3629

You know, I deleted all my posts for fear of being banned due to board rage, but the “CIHYS?” antagonistic posts makes me want to fire back, for kicks…

First of all, nothing, NOTHING can stop me from using subpar amour, poor weapon and trait selection, hitting 1, facerolling, etc… (did I miss any?).

Also, nothing will pull me, and others, into “learn to play.” Not happening.

Interesting bit for those that like the trains = It’s DAY ONE, and there’s already a multi-map train route set up by people where I can go back to hitting “1” and profiting. And that’s just going by /map directives.

Imagine what’s out there in non-Anet websites doing even more efficient farming.

So, to the detractors of the champ train, go ahead. Keep with the posts of “L2P” and “Now you have to go do Dungeons / WvW / PvP”. Ehhh, no I won’t. But I will continue to champ train, and there’s basically nothing you or Anet can do about it, since WP-ing is legit, zerging is legit, tagging is legit, and collecting a champ box is legit. I look forward to reading how Anet can block this behaviour.

Oh, and for those hating people that complain on the boards =

You guys have been trying to stop us from complaining about, say, the rain for thousands of years. We still do it. Good luck with trying to stop board complaints. Now :

“Get off my lawn.” and

“I hate the rain!” (/waves cane in your face).

TLDR = Don’t worry guys. There’s already a Day-1 New Champ Train (multi-zone) path going on. And some people report even higher gold / hour (I’m par personally). Just ask in /map (no 3rd party, nothing Anet can ban you on, just use /map) and join the Zerg. See you in game!

errm, you can partake in the trains AND be a competent player.

But what is really flabbergasting: You despise obviously all parts of the game apart from the train. So what are you exactly farming for? Ascended items to wear while “training?” A legendary weapon to “train” with? Weird.

(edited by Algreg.3629)

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

And YOU decide what “correct” is ? What is correct then ? Running CoF P1 100 times ? Or just anything that simply ignores the open World, since Dungeons is the only “correct” way to play ?

Or is just PvP correct, or WvW ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Champ trains were a cheesey way to do things. I am happy it is disrupted!

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

No, your face is funny No, your comment is LOL on so many levels:) I think you should at least read this post. Come back here when T6 mats for your ascended/precursor/legendary crafting double in price.

And if you’re concerned about the zerg trains… Have you heard that all world bosses are now converted to zerg trains on a fixed schedule?

Over react much?

I dont buy my materials off the AH. I play the game and earn them, if I played at all anymore.

Yeah, dont care about trains much and I certainly didn’t care for two zones being clogged up by people just farming for $$.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

It’s true that champ farming is by a wide margin not the best way to make gold

For the haters of the champ trains, that raise their pitch forks thinking they ruin the economy, I give you this quote. It’s from the games own economist.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

Yeah we want the train back, why ruin it?

no we dont the game finally works and is finally epic !! Anet keep up the good work !!

If this is what you consider “epic” no wonder the game is in such a crap state.

i consider this to be epic now there wont be any annoying things on main like " wheres the train " or its at boar goin to blah blah or they say and start to whine about someione took it out of turn the train never owned champions and think there entitled to them all

reality check , they nerfed this due to the fact of most players requested it most players approved and i was one of them

someone said to me i get to 20 then get the train to 80 , not doing story not doing anything else just running round in a circle all day long

i find this epic and i have a right to voice my opinion

wow…just..wow. I don’t do champ trains, I spend my time mostly in wvw. I would like to see proof that ‘most’ players wanted this removed? When were ‘most’ players asked? If you say that ‘most’ want this removed, then all players have been asked what their opinion on this is right?

Can you please show me the results from that survey?

Now that we have that out of the way, there really is no need to be so nasty about something you, apparently, weren’t even interested in.

I left ‘that other’ game to escape a community that spoke exactly like you do – what a shame it now seems to have appeared here too.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Combatter.5123

Combatter.5123

Good riddance Frostgorge Sound champ train

Maetheryl Thorswood (Ranger), Bennish (Guardian), Lex Sabre (Elementalist)
Tyria, Underworld

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: rgraze.5169

rgraze.5169

Ifyou play by the rules set you are playing the game correctly. Why should you dictate how I spend my rl time? If I want to run in a circle for an hour and wear a certain gear how does that matter to how anyone else plays. If you want to spend time complaining how other people play the game, go for it, its your rl time. Anet has made it clear you will play how they want you to play. Anet made the game with the rules and people played by those rules, but not the way anet wanted you to play. So they changed it. Something else will come along and they will change that also. You will play the game the way anet wants you to play not how others should think how you should play.

Frost gorge train ruined

Algreg.3629

errm, you can partake in the trains AND be a competent player.

But what is really flabbergasting: You despise obviously all parts of the game apart from the train. So what are you exactly farming for? Ascended items to wear while “training?” A legendary weapon to “train” with? Weird.

I’m not saying you can’t be. I’m saying I am not competent, nor will I ever be. Nor will I “react” to people doing the “L2P” thing just to get a rise out of me and throw the conversation so I go to defensive mode.

Or, said another way, it’s impossible to argue with someone that agrees with you. When they go “Dalris, you suck and don’t know how to play.” I’m saying “I agree” and they have no retort but… “Uhhhh.”

Personally, I play games to putter on easiest mode. I plan my day. I think about chores. Meanwhile, I hit a button and I win. Best analogy = I’m playing and replaying the first level of tetris (champ train) while I either tab out to skim the boards, the news, write groceries. I avoid challenge like the plague.

Now here’s the piece of data that you can use against me to negate everything I’ve ever said = I only started to get into the game with the LS, and I champ train for the drops. My loot strategy is “I get what I get when I get it.”

Said another way = I’ve yet to have one character with full exotics. I probably could buy a full set, but then, I’d be done. I’m totally incompetant / lazy / L2P / (insert adjective here), ergo, I have yet to set foot in Dungeons, PVP, etc… (SIDEBAR = This is how I played Diablo and how I’m playing Marvel Heroes, just run a character through, daydream, hope to get a drop that’s a better “colour” than what I have. I never even look at the stats…) i.e. fluff gaming.

But I like LS, and, well, since LS stopped, been doing Dailies (for the AP) and Champs while waiting for Season 2 of LS.

Yeah, I’m one of “those” guys that played SWTOR for the cutscenes, and didn’t care about the gameplay.

As I said line 1 = people seem to like mocking those that like the Champ Train. I thought I’d give them more ammo, yet, do it in a passive aggressive style.

Was that enough insight to destroy / ignore / laugh at more of my post? Was that helpful?

Take care…

TLDR = I champ train to relax, level alts, get pocket change for the next jump in crafting levels. I avoid challenge, and I certainly don’t know, or will ever know how to play a game “properly” / “efficiently” / “correctly”

Oh, I don´t mock the champ train, I did it while waiting for something interesting to pop up in between (guild fractal runs and stuff like that). And I don´t really think that whole l2p thing applies to the train folk in general, as most really clueless players will not even understand what the train is, probably more hardcore players there relaxing while getting some coin than casuals.

Ultimately, I don´t really care about the future of FGS. For me, doing the train has always been its own punishment, I could never stand that boring chore longer than half an hour, at least it didn´t have the long waiting periods of QD.

(edited by Algreg.3629)

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Ifyou play by the rules set you are playing the game correctly. Why should you dictate how I spend my rl time? If I want to run in a circle for an hour and wear a certain gear how does that matter to how anyone else plays. If you want to spend time complaining how other people play the game, go for it, its your rl time. Anet has made it clear you will play how they want you to play. Anet made the game with the rules and people played by those rules, but not the way anet wanted you to play. So they changed it. Something else will come along and they will change that also. You will play the game the way anet wants you to play not how others should think how you should play.

Yes, they changed the rules, so now you have to start playing with a new set of rules. It’s not a big deal. This happens. I’m sure you played this game before you knew about the champ train, and you can still play it now that it is nerfed. They created the rules in the first place so you were always playing how Anet wanted you to play. They have every right to adjust the rules that they created. Playing how you want is always an illusion in any game. There are always rules you must abide by. I mean, I’d love to be able to fly around and shoot lasers from my eyes, but I can’t.

Conclusion: The rules changed, play how you want within the new rule set. Just like you played how you wanted within the old rule set. It’s that simple.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

[Spread this information on gw2reddit etc]

Frostgorge Sound Train IS NOT RUINED come visit Tarnished Coast for North America. You can get a lot of karma + coins + and Champion Boxes and way, way, way better than WvW Karma Trains. Champions: Fish, Kodan, and Norn spawn after you killed Wurm, Drake, (Quaggan), and Troll three times.
Basically, the new rotation we figured out is: Wurm, Drake, (Quaggan), Troll (add Ooze if you want) – 3 times, and Trio (Fish, Kodan, Norn) – and restart. FGS Train is more profitable than it is before. With Karma rewards you can purchase and open Lost Orrian Jewelry Boxes for gold.

OOH, Where is the Ooze? Don’t ever remember seeing that one!

Easier way to think about the new rotation is that it stays exactly the same but you skip the trio every other time. And you can easily get the quaggan every time now too!

And YES! More karma rewards too!! I can see putting down a MF and Karma bonfire now for FG train….still not as good as the Karma in EoTM, but still fun

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Wah I can’t get tonnes of gold while half Afk while watching a show at the same time oh the horror

I don’t think there where any changes done to the TP.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Conclusion: The rules changed, play how you want within the new rule set. Just like you played how you wanted within the old rule set. It’s that simple.

Or, we can ask Anet to change the rules. Anti-champ train whiners did so succesfully, so obviously it works, we just need to shout louder, right?
(Info: i don’t even take part in the train. I just get annoyed that everytime there is an option to earn something in the game, people whine until it gets nerfed. And in that time TP barons get wealthier and wealthier).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

I assume this hate against the train(s) and the joy over nerfing/removing a part of the game for some is in Anet’s spirit of a good community?
As many of them nay-sayers use the words “intended” and “correct” a lot?
And no, I dont train much, though I sometimes do the daily events that way. Im just curious about such joy. It is a little disturbing, to be honest.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I only trained to earn Bloodstone, since as somebody who don’t plays dungeons that was the only way to get Bloodstone. I was alredy annoyed when they nerfed the amount of Bloodstone because of people who were simply to lazy to destroy a stack now and then when they had too much.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

WHY ANET? My only source of income is gone. Life is not worth living anymore. But seriously, this was not even clear in the patch notes. This patch went ahead without the approval of the community. I’m sure this is devastating to everyone! How can anet change something so drastic and not ask the community how they would feel about the train being removed. This change is so drastic, it needs democracy and opinions of others.

We want the train back.

I’m going to assume the OP was meant as a joke.

If not, then I’m sad for you. You have a huge, beautifully crafted game to explore which got a little bigger last night, and all you’re worried about is farming gold in one zone? Open your eyes.

Anet doesn’t need anybody’s approval for anything, it’s their product.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Zine.2136

Zine.2136

I am fairly convinced part of the changes the devs are making to the game with timers, megaserver, and adjustments that may have been done to the train the OP mentioned are to a purpose.

There is a wide world of other events that can be done out there. By doing some of these changes, I think the devs are trying to encourage a bit more spreading and branching out for play style. I find it hard to believe the devs intended trains and world event farming to be the end game or main play mode. Not saying it should be eliminated though, to each their own. But I do acknowledge the devs vision and steering the game helps set the atmosphere for the whole game in the long term and foster the type of community the devs desire.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

We want the train back.

If not, then I’m sad for you. You have a huge, beautifully crafted game to explore which got a little bigger last night, and all you’re worried about is farming gold in one zone? Open your eyes.

well they need approval if they want to continue making money.

anyway, I agree, I did QD train more than frostgorge when I wanted to get levels on a character or some money and now that its nerfed I dunno what to do to make money on my limited time schedule. and I am NOT playing the market, that is not what a game like this should be designed for.

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

We want the train back.

ArenaNet doesn’t understand the very simple concept that people like to farm. I don’t get why this is so remiss upon them. They pulled the same crap in the first game and irked a lot of people off, they’re doing it again. Let people play the way they want.

Frost gorge train ruined

Destai.9603

We want the train back.

They need my approval if they want my money. They like their paychecks? Well, keep me happy in the game. If that means letting me farm, let me farm. For all their talk of tolerance and play your way, they sure have a hard time actually internalizing that train of thought. Maybe that’s another train that got nerfed.

Frost gorge train ruined

Destai.9603

I am fairly convinced part of the changes the devs are making to the game with timers, megaserver, and adjustments that may have been done to the train the OP mentioned are to a purpose.

There is a wide world of other events that can be done out there. By doing some of these changes, I think the devs are trying to encourage a bit more spreading and branching out for play style. I find it hard to believe the devs intended trains and world event farming to be the end game or main play mode. Not saying it should be eliminated though, to each their own. But I do acknowledge the devs vision and steering the game helps set the atmosphere for the whole game in the long term and foster the type of community the devs desire.

What about fostering the type of community the player wants? I love seeing players come together and define a new endgame outside of the Fractals and Dungeons. That what makes this game special, players get to decide. The devs should be facilitating that and hampering the flow of players to a certain activity. If a lot of players are gravitating towards one area, analyze that and create similar content. That’ll support the game’s culture and keep players. Short of exploits, content should never get nerfed.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

The Champ Trains were a exploiting a flaw in the game, period. A.Net could ban people because it is against the EULA to knowingly exploit a flaw and not report it. Rather than do the that, they closed that flaw.

No loss at all!

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

Its ok, we’ll just find another way to farm something.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I always hated these trains which burn down champion sooner than he is able to hit someone…. trains took all the challenge associated with killing the champs

/glad about the change

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Niewinter.1807

Niewinter.1807

The Champ Trains were a exploiting a flaw in the game, period. A.Net could ban people because it is against the EULA to knowingly exploit a flaw and not report it. Rather than do the that, they closed that flaw.

No loss at all!

sorry if it was an exploit we would see a ban wave.. i say its not an exploit .. se the LS were they changed the number of people fighting from unlimmited to 50..
they could have easily done that with champs.
Or even better we do it like other MMO´s do let the first person who hits it get the loot… at least the “i whant to solo everything” screamers would be silent then..
i thought GW2 was about group play and find a group that suits your play style..
I might be wrong

and what kind of a challange are QD Champs o.O soloed them when i was 20 way before the bags were introduced…

(edited by Niewinter.1807)

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

We want the train back.

The champ train being nerfed is a symptom of the Mega Server changes, and the needing to have all champ/world bosses to be in sink no matter what instance you are in of the map.

Even if there was a vote for Mega server or no Mega Server, I have no doubt that Having a Mega server would have won.

Also customers vote with their wallet, not have some kind of voting system on what changes a developer does before they do it.

Don’t like the changes, then vote with your wallet and don’t buy anything from the Gem Shop, or just quit playing.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

I’m amazed at how short-sighted many people are: they’re happy at making other players suffer without understanding that those people were the ones who made their life easier by repeating monotonous task which the first players wouldn’t have to do. It’s like being happy at a limit of those dirty lousy yardmen – before seeing that they’ll have to pick up all the trash themselves now.

Fasalina, Nerelith and others who admit they haven’t studied economics, here’s a Wiki image.

The image shows an increase in supply – the price drops. When supply decreases, the price increases.

• Let’s say we had 100 players who needed 1 charged lodestone per week each, which makes 100 lodestones per week.
  • We had 10 farmers who farmed 10 lodestones per week each, which makes 100 lodestones per week.
  • Let’s say the price got an equilibrium at around 2g.
  • After patch, we still have 100 players who need 1 charged lodestone per week each, which makes 100 lodestones per week – nothing changed.
  • After patch, the 10 farmers can only farm 5 lodestones per week.
  • When the first 50 lodestones at 2g are sold, the other 50 players still need 50 more lodestones.
  • Because they need these lodestones but can’t get them, they offer more for these lodestones – let’s say up to 4g per lodestone.
  • 10 other non-farmers see that the offers for lodestones got higher and decide to go farming.
  • Now we have 20 people farming instead of 10 people to provide enough supply of 100 lodestones per week, while players pay more for the exact same lodestones because otherwise the farmers will stop farming.

Result of the train-nerf which you’re so happy about? More people have to grind, more casual players suffer from an increase in prices. Both sides become unhappy (and eventually leave the game).

…and let’s not forget that world boss trains for ecto and Orr event farming for T6 also got nerfed.

^ what this person said

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The FGS sound train was nerfed, but there is probably some other train somewhere that wasn’t nerfed that is just as good.

Until then, the EOTM train is good, and the queens dale train is good.

How were Dungeons nerfed? I got an extra 5 silver for ARAH part 1 this AM. Serious Question.

Pretty sure that after almost a year of inflation, that we are in for some deflation.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The FGS sound train was nerfed, but there is probably some other train somewhere that wasn’t nerfed that is just as good.

Until then, the EOTM train is good, and the queens dale train is good.

How were Dungeons nerfed? I got an extra 5 silver for ARAH part 1 this AM. Serious Question.

Pretty sure that after almost a year of inflation, that we are in for some deflation.

If you’d read the thread, you’d have seen that the idea that adjustments to champ trains are likely to result in deflation is likely incorrect.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Yuogtar.4892

Yuogtar.4892

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

yes, because its always a good thing to make people have to grind more for gold in a game where the developers mentioned as one of their primary goals being to eliminate grind associated with MMO’s.

Although, its still a bit odd to see so many people complain about ways to make gold in the game.

I never saw the big deal about champion runs/trains/farming. It doesn’t hurt the community and gives players the chance to make money without having to devote 1200+ hours to get anything worthwhile

But ANet doesn’t make grindy games; Colin himself said so!

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Don’t you guys get it? I remember when they stated that they were content with champion trains (clearly not) and they had no intents on changing. Anet did this this because they want more people to purchase gems to convert to gold. It’s not that complicated of an issue. They deployed the “inflation” smoke screen and boy have you guys just lived up to their expectations. Time to wake up from your deep slumber and realize that they just want more mulah from you.

How about this idea. Removing the cost of trait changes & armor repairs (armor repairs being clearly more significant), also removed a big Gold sink, which means they need to tone down the money you gain. Seems Logical no?

And they did that by nerfing (again) gold from champ boxes. There was no need for an additional nerf on top of this.

Greed has no boundaries.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Or, we can ask Anet to change the rules. Anti-champ train whiners did so succesfully, so obviously it works, we just need to shout louder, right?
(Info: i don’t even take part in the train. I just get annoyed that everytime there is an option to earn something in the game, people whine until it gets nerfed. And in that time TP barons get wealthier and wealthier).

Anet did not change the champ train because of “anti-champ whiners”. They did it because the saw their game turning into a bunch of people zerging a path over and over and over again. If I had created a game with a specific vision and saw people were just sticking to one specific spot running the same path over and over, I’d change it too. Like me, they figured those people would find some other way to make money.

And they will. Most of these complaint threads right now are knee-jerk reactions to people suddenly having to do things different.

Here’s a great example: I play this game with my GF. Typically we do the daily, she logs off, I PvP or WvW or dungeon or something. Anyway— with this new patch, the dailies changed. Daily Gatherer and Activity Participation are no longer static. She literally quit mid-daily yesterday because it was different and she said she didn’t like how they changed her routine. In the end, instead of Gatherer and Participation, she would have had to do Daily Skill Points and Daily Events. I played the world’s smallest violin for her last night, and I’ll play it for you guys today.

You guys just need to get into a new routine. This game has so many things you can do. Get out of your comfort zones.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Here’s a great example: I play this game with my GF. Typically we do the daily, she logs off, I PvP or WvW or dungeon or something. Anyway— with this new patch, the dailies changed. Daily Gatherer and Activity Participation are no longer static. She literally quit mid-daily yesterday because it was different and she said she didn’t like how they changed her routine. In the end, instead of Gatherer and Participation, she would have had to do Daily Skill Points and Daily Events. I played the world’s smallest violin for her last night, and I’ll play it for you guys today.

You guys just need to get into a new routine. This game has so many things you can do. Get out of your comfort zones.

It’s awesome that your GF threw a fit at not having the Daily Gatherer any more. Priceless.

You’re right, we need to adapt.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

It’s true that champ farming is by a wide margin not the best way to make gold

For the haters of the champ trains, that raise their pitch forks thinking they ruin the economy, I give you this quote. It’s from the games own economist.

Then nothing of value was lost.

Frost gorge train ruined

Lishtenbird.2814

Get out of your comfort zones.

It’s not a job, you know.

Frost gorge train ruined

Posted by: Visstix.9871

Visstix.9871