Farewell GW2

Farewell GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: shawn.1298

shawn.1298

Whenever I see a thread like this, I think of a child desperately trying to get their parent’s attention by threatening to withdraw their love. It’s narcissistic, it’s indulgent. It’s boring. Every MMO in existence has a flood of these threads. GW1 certainly had them. At first I found them baffling. Now they’re just sad.

Of course there are problems with GW2. There are places it can be expanded or changed for the better. The forums are an appropriate place to have them brought to light, talked about and debated. But by framing it like this, as a spoiled rant threatening to leave unless someone listens to you, is the height of arrogance and self-absorption. And we’ve all seen many people who make these pronouncements in a month’s time still posting on the forums and still playing the game. Honestly I don’t think the OP’s intention is to improve the game but to indulge in their need to be recognized and heard. There are more constructive and less annoying ways to do that.

And the first thing I think of the way your post starts out is ad hominem attack. The original poster gave explicit reasons why he left. There were many things you could have argued he was wrong about. Yet you fall back on ad hominem ( brat, spoiled child, etc). In my 55 years I have yet to see insult passed off as argument.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I agree with most of things OP said, sadly.

I didn’t like the last couple of living stories(the entire Scarlet thing was a chore for me…though character itself was awesome). I didn’t like the new enemies they added (cheap enemies that either put a number of conditions on you with each attack, constantly stun you or launch you or have a spike damage out of this world). I didn’t like the rewards from those living stories(ugly helmet, ugly shoulderguard, another ugly helmet, ugly backpiece, uglier backpiece).
I’m meh about the trait change, though the ability to change your build at any time is awesome.
I also really dislike what they did to town clothes and tonics.

Some other things also bother me, of course, but the list is pretty long. If I worked for anet I would gladly take care of stuff connected with roleplay. It brings community together, and allows them to chill out after hours of raging on map chat.

Anet usually listens to the customers, so I doubt that posts like these are pointless. Perhaps after few of those, they will decide to change things.
I, for one, would love to see a new region, a new class or a new race. I would love to play with those bird-people, however they are called.

I like what anets does in general. It clearly cares about the community…but it just seems like it doesn’t focus on the most important things. Who cares about one skill being buggy or one class having 40 too much healing from a signet, when there’s not really enough to do for some of us?
I have 11 characters right now, because I love customization. I love making new chars, new builds, picking new personal story options, checking what I missed. Content like dungeons and living story frustrates me, but that’s just my personal preference.

What I would love to see in the game:
- more emotes
- more options to ‘fool around’
- new race
- new class
- new region
- new jumping puzzles (I love those)
I personally care about this stuff the most. It’s for things like these I spend so much time in Guild Wars 2. I don’t like all the zering, nor dungeons.

I realize it takes time and lots of work to add new content, but it’s far more important(imo) than some silly living story people barely enjoy.
Sorry that you’re leaving, Yoh. Hopefully you will come back when the game has a bit more to offer for you.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Yoh, did you just break up with a game?

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Farewell GW2

Posted by: funkylovemonkey.3097

funkylovemonkey.3097

Whenever I see a thread like this, I think of a child desperately trying to get their parent’s attention by threatening to withdraw their love. It’s narcissistic, it’s indulgent. It’s boring. Every MMO in existence has a flood of these threads. GW1 certainly had them. At first I found them baffling. Now they’re just sad.

Of course there are problems with GW2. There are places it can be expanded or changed for the better. The forums are an appropriate place to have them brought to light, talked about and debated. But by framing it like this, as a spoiled rant threatening to leave unless someone listens to you, is the height of arrogance and self-absorption. And we’ve all seen many people who make these pronouncements in a month’s time still posting on the forums and still playing the game. Honestly I don’t think the OP’s intention is to improve the game but to indulge in their need to be recognized and heard. There are more constructive and less annoying ways to do that.

And the first thing I think of the way your post starts out is ad hominem attack. The original poster gave explicit reasons why he left. There were many things you could have argued he was wrong about. Yet you fall back on ad hominem ( brat, spoiled child, etc). In my 55 years I have yet to see insult passed off as argument.

I was not making an ad hominem attack. If you read my second paragraph I acknowledge GW2 can use improvement. In some ways, a lot of improvement. Ad hominem means you’re trying to invalidate the person’s argument by attacking them personally, but I actually agree with many of the points the OP made. I’m saying that the OP doesn’t care about improving the game, that’s not what “I’m quitting” threads are about. They’re about getting attention and are absolutely self-indulgent. I object to framing an argument in such a counterproductive way. It hurts your argument and annoys people who might otherwise agree with you. (Also I never used the word brat, but thanks for putting words into my mouth). I’m not engaging in the argument precisely because of the way it’s framed, I’m sick of “I quit” threads.

If you are upset about something then advance an argument. Don’t argue by beginning with a threat.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

OP, I don’t know who you are and I don’t care what your reasons are. If you don’t like the game then just leave, if you have better things to do then just leave. If you want to tell Anet then send them an email or write them a letter. This sort of crap is nearly as bad as gold seller spam.

And threads about gold seller spam.

Actually these “Goodbye” threads carry weight and have meaning. Though I imagine you and ArenaNet would rather sweep them under the rug and hide the fact that players are leaving the game for good reasons.

Players speaking to ArenaNet:
“You have been weighed,
You have been measured,
and you have been found wanting.”

I’m sure they do carry some weight but, as proven every time, they do very little to foster any sort of worthwhile discussion within the forum community. Or in game for that matter. I’ve seen “I quit” announcements in map chat that degenerated into even less constructive discussion than this thread. All Anet need to do to get feedback from leavers is send them a questionnaire after a certain time. If they want to respond then good for them.

And, since you can’t possibly know me or my motives, you might want to keep your opinions on what I want to see to yourself.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

I decided I didn’t like Wildstar near enough to move games..

That has changed with the recent updates. Statements by anet in update messages that are in horrible taste, recycled LS content that was simply made worse, and simple lack of attention.

I’ve played the game some the last week and just found myself utterly aimless. I’ve got every skin I’ve ever wanted, and I’m burnt out on all the PvP content.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Rosenakahara.8512

Rosenakahara.8512

oh god im remembering more and more why i left in 2013, op stop it, stop it now, i like my smoke and mirrors, i literally cannot wait for archeage, black desert and everquest next to be in open beta so i need something to distract me, stop making me remember all the flaws! i wont be distracted if this goes on

No! There’s no other Ayanami but you!
That’s why I will save you!

Farewell GW2

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Direction of Content Creation
First is how Anet go about their content creation, or rather how they don’t.
Anet seem far, far more preoccupied with polish and temporary content ala the Living Story then permanent content to the world or professions.

LS Season 2 didn’t even start. And it has been stated that LS Season 2 will have more permanent content. On top of that fact that it has been hinted that there will be new maps since that is where the direction of the storying is heading.

As for professions. More =/= better. I think we have enough professions as is and that ArenaNet has its hands full trying to balance and perfect these professions. Adding more is just a burden. People will complain that another profession isn’t used much or viable in dungeons, WvW, or sPvP.

What’s worse I for me is what has been done with professions, which is next to nothing. They occasional get tweaks and balance changes, which is expected, but half the time they when they fix something they break something else or don’t actually fix it.
Many bugs and dead skills/traits have been so for at least 6-12 months, sometimes longer. This might not have been as much of an issue if Anet continuously added content to the professions, since they did go out of their way to future proof it.

Things aren’t going to work perfectly in all game modes. Take the recent Mesmer changes. It was bad for PvE but for WvW or sPvP not really since those changes opened up options there.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

oh god im remembering more and more why i left in 2013, op stop it, stop it now, i like my smoke and mirrors, i literally cannot wait for archeage, black desert and everquest next to be in open beta so i need something to distract me, stop making me remember all the flaws! i wont be distracted if this goes on

You didnt “leave” anything. If you did, why are you posting here? It makes me wonder how many people whining and crying about changes to the game are just creepers who refuse to actually leave this game like they claimed.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Meaningless Multiplayer
And this is the second and exceedingly jarring issue I have, how utterly meaningless and trivial multiplayer is in this game. Which as far as MMO’s goes I consider this to be a cardinal sin. If your multipler gameplay in a massively ‘multiplayer’ online game is poor, then you’ve kind of missed the bloody point haven’t you?

Player problem more than a game problem. Game is cater to those that prefer not to put much effort into things. I agree that there should be harder content but the fault isn’t with ArenaNet it is with the players.

Everyone is designed to only ever care about themselves and only themselves, screw everyone else around you. Even if you wanted to help others, you can’t. Not in any direct, or effective ways. At best you have entirely indirect, impersonally, and often trivial means.

This mentality exist in a lot of places in a lot of different games. Goes back to play mentality. Some people play MMOs like they are single players. And games that are difficult tend to not be popular compared to games that are geared more casual play styles. LoL vs other MOBA type games like DoTA2.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

This will get locked, simply because " Goodbye" or " I quit" threads are against forum post rules. The devs don’t want the rest of the Player base knowing How many people are atually leaving the game, or why.

Maybe to the developers leaving these threads amounts to leaving a " you suck so bad, that even though your game is free to play after you buy the Box you can’t convince me to waste m,ore time on it" at best…

See More often than not, a " goodbye" thread is a whiny, self-absorbed complaint, from someone so arrogant as to think that whether they stay or go, is something that will concern EVERYONE.

Then:

Sometimes you get one Like this one. Not full of cry-cry. Well expressed. And more to the tune of " I had high-hopes , but I have had enough , I dislike the direction of the game, and although I am a GW and Anet fan going back years…. even I…someone that wants to be a fanboi again maybe if I have been One In the past… have had enough."

Now… personally… if I were Anet, Instead of discounting him as a " hater." I would read this… and ask Myself.." Does he have a legitimate point? Is our philosophy about the game, it’s direction, and execution so off, that even our long time supporters are tossing their hands Up In the air and going " that’s it, I’m done"?

I have played Gw1 since release…. and even i am losing hope. I restarted my WoW account again…. that’s How bad this has gotten, I prefer Playing RIFT, and WoW to Gw2.

One reason Megaserver. The details are on other threads. Second reason.. Cash shop fixation. The direction of the game seems to be to monetize more and more of the game,… and then take away any legit ways to earn gold In game… while making sure people are aware that they can buy Gold with gems…

They have gone as far as in game adverts about their ability to exchange their gems for Gold. This I expect from free2play and pay2win types of companies. I never expected it from Anet.

Not a good thing in My opinion.

Anyway… I am Not leaving so this is NOT a Goodbye post…but… Slowly, My faith in this company is evaporating. I Hope they realize how their choices are being percieved, and take a serious step at reversing those perceptions.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

(edited by Nerelith.7360)

Farewell GW2

Nerelith.7360

Sorry guys, but any customer-centered business must care about what causes customers to quit buying (or playing) their product.

[…]

Sincerely,
Stevizard

+1

When I was working for another MMO running studio, that company was ignorant for insights light these.
They basically didnt care about what anyone said if he wasnt a high paid suit, where most of them hadnt even a clue about the product itself, but had some fancy job titles and nice boards in theirs offices with some monetization statistics on it.

Trying to explain or convince them to listen to what their customers had to say even it wasnt a lawsuit was, despite all the internal and external smoke screen PR (where most of the revenue vanished in to anyway), like talking to a brick wall.
It was really weird because to me it seemed most of them just didnt want to understand whats going on, because they would have to step ‘out of line’.
They preferred to stay in their office ‘doing their job’, watching the ship sink and grabbing on what they can get.
I dont know, but thats the impression I got. And I saw the numbers, every working day.

Well, the best description about what happened next would be….a crash landing with many casualties beginning of course on the “lower end”….poor buggers.

If a company reaches a certain size, loosing touch with the basics is its biggest treat.

Anet seems to have reached that tipping point somewhere in between GW and GW2 with an integrated accelerator it seems.

To be fair, I probably should swap Anet with NCsoft.

Basically the same thing can be read at the Glassdoor page of ArenaNet too, which is what makes me so indifferent.

I’ve never seen a company come out of this. The world is changing. Customers are more self-aware, the smoke screens are becoming smaller and smaller relative to the size of the internet. There isn’t really enough money out there to lie so effectively anymore. For a while, maybe, but its becoming increasingly inefficient. Maybe that’s why a lot of companies just don’t care anymore and just want to grab as much money as they can while they still can. Nobody actually wants to provide a service anymore. It’s too much of a hassle.

I read lately a quote from somewhere, I don’t know what it was. It was that the first company which comes out and starts behaving like a normal person will become incredibly rich and well received.

Customers are growing tired of BS.
They see the BS better, and that sight isn’t going anywhere. And their mouths are not as open yet as they could be, but their wallets are closing sooner.

The first person who realizes that and gambles on honesty becomes incredibly rich.

First dev who comes here and says “You know what? You are right. Here’s what’s going on in the company now:” and lay out everything will be revered by the community and everyone will fight for him. The gamer community would kickstarter fund a guy like that up to buying up the entire company. And that’s probably not even a joke.

+1000

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Rosenakahara.8512

Rosenakahara.8512

Sorry guys, but any customer-centered business must care about what causes customers to quit buying (or playing) their product.

[…]

Sincerely,
Stevizard

+1

When I was working for another MMO running studio, that company was ignorant for insights light these.
They basically didnt care about what anyone said if he wasnt a high paid suit, where most of them hadnt even a clue about the product itself, but had some fancy job titles and nice boards in theirs offices with some monetization statistics on it.

Trying to explain or convince them to listen to what their customers had to say even it wasnt a lawsuit was, despite all the internal and external smoke screen PR (where most of the revenue vanished in to anyway), like talking to a brick wall.
It was really weird because to me it seemed most of them just didnt want to understand whats going on, because they would have to step ‘out of line’.
They preferred to stay in their office ‘doing their job’, watching the ship sink and grabbing on what they can get.
I dont know, but thats the impression I got. And I saw the numbers, every working day.

Well, the best description about what happened next would be….a crash landing with many casualties beginning of course on the “lower end”….poor buggers.

If a company reaches a certain size, loosing touch with the basics is its biggest treat.

Anet seems to have reached that tipping point somewhere in between GW and GW2 with an integrated accelerator it seems.

To be fair, I probably should swap Anet with NCsoft.

Basically the same thing can be read at the Glassdoor page of ArenaNet too, which is what makes me so indifferent.

I’ve never seen a company come out of this. The world is changing. Customers are more self-aware, the smoke screens are becoming smaller and smaller relative to the size of the internet. There isn’t really enough money out there to lie so effectively anymore. For a while, maybe, but its becoming increasingly inefficient. Maybe that’s why a lot of companies just don’t care anymore and just want to grab as much money as they can while they still can. Nobody actually wants to provide a service anymore. It’s too much of a hassle.

I read lately a quote from somewhere, I don’t know what it was. It was that the first company which comes out and starts behaving like a normal person will become incredibly rich and well received.

Customers are growing tired of BS.
They see the BS better, and that sight isn’t going anywhere. And their mouths are not as open yet as they could be, but their wallets are closing sooner.

The first person who realizes that and gambles on honesty becomes incredibly rich.

First dev who comes here and says “You know what? You are right. Here’s what’s going on in the company now:” and lay out everything will be revered by the community and everyone will fight for him. The gamer community would kickstarter fund a guy like that up to buying up the entire company. And that’s probably not even a joke.

+1000

+9001

No! There’s no other Ayanami but you!
That’s why I will save you!

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Ambrosia.2035

Ambrosia.2035

Well said Yoh and Stevizard.

Howdy (.)

Farewell GW2

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

Hi OP your thread is a valid one. The reason is good. There will always be people who have such different ideas and opinions they cant even try to understand the opposing view. Anet need to know what bugs people about their game and if they are not interested more fool them. I still go through the forums but barely play the game, choosing to play the beta of a new game.

And the latter is the bottom line. There are many more MMORPGS out there right now and many more on the horizon. The time is coming very soon when the market will be so saturated we will see quite a few titles, even big ones, begin to fold as the competition will become fierce.

Corian your experience may be that you go back to games but that’s not mine, even if they are ftp. I have tried for instance to go back to GW1 but I couldn’t get that same motivation when I played for 3 years. Since then and before GW 2 I have played and left three others and I have now started on the beta of another. I still play GW2 but less and less and since Anet are dragging their feet on new permanent content when anything substantial does come out I’ll be immersed in a different game and I probably wont have the impetus to go back to an older game just for that new permanent content.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

(edited by joneb.5679)

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP.

Core game-play in Guild Wars 2, aside from WvW which has some redeeming qualities, is absolutely weak.

And it’s a shame, because at the core the game is good. But it’s like ANet has no concept of what to do with it, no comprehensive vision or understanding of what they hope to achieve. The core game-play is simply not evolving. And that’s just not good enough.

When I think back at my time playing WoW or SWTOR, I have a number of great memories to draw from. Memories of great moments, of great successes or embarrassing failures.

But in Guild Wars 2 I have no such thing. Even after 15.000 achievement points, 3 Legendaries and completing pretty much all of the content I find the entire experience to be very forgettable.

As said, WvW is the only exception to this and it’s embarrassing how neglected it has been.

Farewell GW2

Nerelith.7360

Core game-play in Guild Wars 2, aside from WvW which has some redeeming qualities, is absolutely weak.

And it’s a shame, because at the core the game is good. But it’s like ANet has no concept of what to do with it, no comprehensive vision or understanding of what they hope to achieve. The core game-play is simply not evolving. And that’s just not good enough.

When I think back at my time playing WoW or SWTOR, I have a number of great memories to draw from. Memories of great moments, of great successes or embarrassing failures.

But in Guild Wars 2 I have no such thing. Even after 15.000 achievement points, 3 Legendaries and completing pretty much all of the content I find the entire experience to be very forgettable.

As said, WvW is the only exception to this and it’s embarrassing how neglected it has been.

Sadly I Must concur about lack of memorable gw2 moments. I remember my first day arriving at " The Outlands" at " a game which shall not be named. " I remember my first train ride from Ironforge,… Going before that I remember being paid enough for a hew Naboo mansion as an image designer in Star wars galaxies. I remember Playing My Storms Controller against kittens on City of Heroes.. when it was Pay a monthly to play. I remember getting eaten by Grimfeather in North karana druid rings as I waited for someone that offered me 50 Platinum for a TP out of the place… Losing my level.. and the ability to do group TP’s to the karanas.

I think back, and what do all these games have in common? All of then required a Monthly. The ONLY game I remember a lot of that had no Monthly… was Guild Wars.

I used to say GW1. As opposed to GW2. But lately as i look back, aside from the names of the classes… the names of some skills, I see very little to connect Guild Wars to Guild wars 2. It’s almost as if the two games were made by different people with different philosophies.

Guild wars sold you Boxes… then sold you expansions… each which was a complete game…. Guild wars 2 has…Living Story. Not an expansion…. But it DOES have RMT… so there’s that.

If you love RMT then Guild wars 2 is an awesome game….. If you love RMT.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

LS Season 2 didn’t even start. And it has been stated that LS Season 2 will have more permanent content. On top of that fact that it has been hinted that there will be new maps since that is where the direction of the storying is heading.

“We will add a merchant and he will stay forevaah!” Something like that?
You haven’t understood what the major part wants. They want new permanent content. They want lots of new, fun or challenging (or both) content. Not some changes in a zone. Not some reheated stuff. No tower of nightmares which is spoiling Kessex Hills. But if things will go the way you’ve forseen, the next city ANet destroyes will be destroyed forever…

As for professions. More =/= better. I think we have enough professions as is and that ArenaNet has its hands full trying to balance and perfect these professions. Adding more is just a burden. People will complain that another profession isn’t used much or viable in dungeons, WvW, or sPvP.

I would agree with you if ANet wouldn’t prove you wrong. They have less skills than GW1 had, yet the balancing isn’t even worth for a game in beta status.

What’s worse I for me is what has been done with professions, which is next to nothing. They occasional get tweaks and balance changes, which is expected, but half the time they when they fix something they break something else or don’t actually fix it.
Many bugs and dead skills/traits have been so for at least 6-12 months, sometimes longer. This might not have been as much of an issue if Anet continuously added content to the professions, since they did go out of their way to future proof it.

Things aren’t going to work perfectly in all game modes. Take the recent Mesmer changes. It was bad for PvE but for WvW or sPvP not really since those changes opened up options there.

Balance is a mess in GW2. A bloody mess. They couldn’t even balance the few skills they had pre April 15th and lots of the new traits are also worthless. They wouldn’t even have to split PvP and PvE if the AI would be more potent. But they’re all like punchbags. And that hasn’t changed one bit. Even Liadri is just a punchbag who’s able to oneshot you. Oneshot-mechanics are the compensation for missing AI.

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

This is it exactly. I have so many fond memories from WoW. Both gameplay wise, and socially through various guilds. But like you said, here, it’s entirely forgettable.

It’s just such a bland, uninspired experience.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Today is the 1st time in many many months that that i haven’t logged in to play. It started with the megaservers, but this recycled festival and nerfs was the last draw. I even thought I might log on to do my dailies and log out. Couldn’t be bothered to do that tonight. I used to buy gem cards—but stopped that long ago. Anet has dropped the ball. Simple as that. They are burnt out.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Yoh.8469

Yoh.8469

I realize I am being overly emotional and hyperbolic with my original post, but I have every right to be. I put a lot of emotional stock into the game and invested in it heavily, only to have it blow up in my face. Call me a fool all you like, but I know full well that Anet really do care about this kind of feedback and for their community in general.

Now I have no illusion that they will change course over what an emotional scrub on the internet says, but it is a point of data, and customer feedback is important.
Esp when they have been long time customer, and in my case one which has been a customer since the very beginning. (ie, the launch of Guild Wars) Losing a customer is never a good thing, and the have the right to know why.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

And coming from Guild Wars which had a great deal of content to this poultry amount is jarring to say the least, I don’t even recognize them as the same company at this point.

Needless to say, but I’m going to say anyway, I am not a fan of this approach. It’s going nowhere fast, and I can’t expect it to improve. And no amount of polish is going to rectify this.

I’ve held this position for a long time. GW2 keeps releasing polished content and never releasing new content. GW1: Prophecies wasn’t much better than GW2 is the current state, but the difference is ANet responded to GW1 by releasing Factions and Nightfall in a timely fashion – not 2+ years into the game’s life. They also spent much more time actively working on balancing issues and bugs, which is something they haven’t seemingly addressed in this game very much.

It’s a little disappointing but I suppose the stagnant content releases gives me a good incentive to grind for Twilight.

Personally, I am still awaiting on that “big announcement” they were talking about around the time of the April 15th patch and I look forward to learning about what they have in store for the later half of this year. However, if the issues aren’t addressed and silence is prevalent, by 2015 I’ll probably have quit to play more console games.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

OP, you want my stuff before you leave?

You seem to have coherent reasons, maybe I can entice you back by offering shinies!

Seriously though, I think your honest opinion regardless of the lordkrall’s warrants attention.

You are in no way being overly emotional. You are wording it as you see it. How on earth that can be translated to being bad is beyond me.

(edited by Paul.4081)

Farewell GW2

Yoh.8469

You seem to have coherent reasons, maybe I can entice you back by offering shinies!

Seriously though, I think your honest opinion regardless of the lordkrall’s warrants attention.

You are in no way being overly emotional. You are wording it as you see it. How on earth that can be translated to being bad is beyond me.

Well, when I say overly emotional, I mean just emotional, since I have the emotional range of a doormat. I rarely get emotional over anything, so to get worked up as I have is unprecedented for me.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

I hasn’t log into the game ever since the LS of killing Scarlet. I will be back in the next LS that drives the story.

It has become clear to me that the story is the solo reason I play GW2 now. I just want to see where the GW universe, which I loved so much for 7 years from GW1, will head toward to story wise.

The GW2 gameplay does not interest me anymore.

There are many reasons. And yes game imbalance is one of them. But that isn’t the main driving force. The main reason is because GW2’s gameplay is boring and its skill ceiling is too low.

I could write paragraphs after paragraphs explaining what I was talking about. But instead I will repost what I wrote on the necro forum.

Because in GW1 I used to have the option to sacrifice 33% of my maximum health.
Because in GW1 I used to be able to keep my WHOLE PARTY nearly immune to conditions.
Because in GW1 I could shut down people like mad.
Because in GW1 I had epic skills like Grenth’s Balance and Dark Aura.
Because in GW1 using minions was actually an ART.
Because in GW1 I could combo Animate Bone Horror+Death Nova+Ancestors’ Rage+Putrid Flesh
Because in GW1 I could combo Malign Intervention+Putrid Bile on masterless minion+Holy Spear on masterless minion.

I am not trying to show off. But sorry pardon me that I feel the GW2 necro are boring as ****. The profession’s skill ceiling is way too low, and there is little room for improvement or creativity. Let’s be honest. Nearly every necromancer uses the same 2 or 3 builds.

Go run GW1 right now, and try Malign Intervention+Putrid Bile on masterless minion+Holy Spear on masterless minion. First find out what it actually does (do you even understand what I am trying to do here?) Then practice it in PvE. Finally practice it until your team can use it with you in Alliance Battle over TeamSpeak.

Then tell me with a straight face that minion master is boring.

Minion master “basic” is, of course, boring. But if you want to be a “S-Rank” minion master, and it takes a lot of work and practise. The same thing goes for other “S-Rank” combos in GW1.

In GW2, it is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE to be a “S-Rank” minion master. The skill ceiling is very low.

Keep in mind that in GW1 I not only tried many “S-Rank” combos for necros. I also tried many “S-rank” combos for other professions. That’s how the game kept my and my guild’s interest for 7 years.

GW1 I could train and design my character so she becomes a S-Rank unique “famous”(role-playing wise) character. In GW2 I feel that everyone (not just me) is limited to be a C-Rank common “no-name” character. Training doesn’t improve much (after the initial training) and the option for unique designs is very limited.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Well, when I say overly emotional, I mean just emotional, since I have the emotional range of a doormat. I rarely get emotional over anything, so to get worked up as I have is unprecedented for me.

You may wanted to get that looked into. Extreme, sudden mood swings can be a symptom of something serious. Hope you feel better.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

May anet read this thread and learn

Amen

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

Farewell GW2

CHIPS.6018

I read your complaint that they havent “added” to professions and stopped reading. One of the chief problems with GW1 was that they continually added skills, it was a balancing nightmare and they were doing MASSIVE balance patches 5 years into the game. They aren’t going wild with additions to professions because their focus is on getting them into a good place where they don’t have huge problems.

Also, bye bye to your thread – there’s no way a mod isn’t going to lock/delete this.

You are right about the “easy to balance” part for the skills and skill bars. The problem is Anet really overdid it. Like REALLY overdid it. They killed nearly all creativity that existed in GW1.

In GW1, my guild will share crazy and unique builds with each other. We would try them and get some good laughs out of them. Of course these unique builds are probably not the most efficient. But they were FUN and FUNNY to try. And when the game was FUN, nothing else really mattered.

If simple is the aim and goal, Anet might as well make GW2 as simple as Dragon’s Crown (side-scroller beat-them up RPG). Let’s just make the whole GW2 an action, reflex game.

When the skill bar design is so shallow, there is no need for balance.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

Farewell GW2

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I read your complaint that they havent “added” to professions and stopped reading. One of the chief problems with GW1 was that they continually added skills, it was a balancing nightmare and they were doing MASSIVE balance patches 5 years into the game. They aren’t going wild with additions to professions because their focus is on getting them into a good place where they don’t have huge problems.

Also, bye bye to your thread – there’s no way a mod isn’t going to lock/delete this.

It’s not a nightmare when done correctly. One of the major imbalance issues that plagues the classes in PVE right now is the values for the damage is not equal between classes, and not enhanced by traits equally.

For example, take condition damage. The damage values for conditions between classes is not the same. If we look at something simple like a poison field you’ll notice that Necromancers for example do a large initial damage burst when their seals are broken whereas poison grenades don’t actually do anywhere near that even when taking into account of splitting them into three fields, the initial damage output just isn’t there. Add to that the problem of some classes being left out of the loop on certain essential burst options such as 20% damage when the enemy is at 50% health, which is missing from some classes but found in others in traits, and you’ve got yourself an uneven playing field in PVE.

If they went back through and rebalanced damage by damage type and skill type and then went through and ensured that all classes had similar access to trait options like the one I mentioned above, we’d immediately see a large drop in complaints in the forums and classes would be instantly more fun to play across the board. We’d also see the opening up of diversity in builds suddenly. Then all they’d really have to do from that point is allow XIII traits to float between all of the lines in the grandmaster slot thus allowing for a much more diverse build system.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Farewell GW2

Yoh.8469

I hasn’t log into the game ever since the LS of killing Scarlet. I will be back in the next LS that drives the story.

Yeah, that was one of the things I was trying to get at in my ham handed way.
Make no mistake, I actually really quite like the Living Story as they have gotten quite good in it’s delivery, thou I recognize it certainly is not for everyone.

But it just has so little substance, and once the latest piece of LS goes away we are right back to square one again. It has little to no lasting effect, and the rest of the game suffers for it. Because it’s not real content, it’s a momentary distraction.
And I’m sick of it.

Besides that, I am right there with you in regards to the Necro. It used to be one of my favorite professions, and I was just gutted from what they did to it, still am. It’s easily my least favorite now, it blows. In fact I think GW had far more depth to it’s mechanics then GW2 ever has. GW2 has the potential to have a lot of depth, but by not adding profession content we will never get there and that potential goes unrealized.

They could have emergent gameplay and entirely new roles/gameplay option come about if only there was enough raw content to work with.
Such as making a support Mesmer build the primarily reflected everything. You can’t do it because there simply aren’t enough skills to make an entire build around, it’s can only be just a side aspect of a build.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: UnoriginalGamerman.8925

UnoriginalGamerman.8925

Sorry guys, but any customer-centered business must care about what causes customers to quit buying (or playing) their product. Anet does care when a player posts that he/she is quitting because each player that posts represents roughly TEN THOUSAND players that do not take the time and effort required to post.

You may poke fun at him/her, ask for his/her stuff (thinking its funny), but in the end every player that quits hurts the game and the company’s bottom-line. I know because business retention is my line of work (and I’m good at it).

Finding NEW customers is a thousand times harder than retaining present customers. Any business that “beats” people for leaving will see an ever increasing exodus.

Social media (like forums) are becoming increasingly important. Comments that ridicule players for leaving only exacerbate the problem and hurt the company. If I worked at Anet, you can be sure I would be watching the forum for negative comments made by employees (I do it every day for a much larger corporation). Believe me, they never do it again.

Comments like “Can I have your stuff?” should be deleted, and candid discussion should be had both on and off line.

Where I work, we keep track of every type of posting. We record positive and negative feedback. We tabulate the results and are therefore able to estimate monthly customer satisfaction levels, population movements, and future trends. We never punish customers that complain, but listen to them. While we can’t retain every customer, our retention rate is constantly improving, and that’s why we’re making money, hiring more people, and giving salary increases.

Of course, this post opens me up for an onslaught of criticism and “Quit if you don’t like the game” kinds of postings. It’s juvenile, but probably inevitable. So, as a fellow GW2 player, I’d like to say,

“Thank you Yoh, for caring about the game and having the integrity and desire to help point Anet in the direction you think will improve the game. We do want you to stay and hope to run into you somewhere in Tyria some day soon.”

Sincerely,
Stevizard

I was scrolling this thread (ignoring the GIMME STUFFS peoples x3) and was about to just explode at the amount of people telling him he should’ve left WITHOUT saying anything. I will be the first to say this but everything he said is very constructive and should be appreciated from those who work down at ArenaNet. Honestly I personally believe that a few of the classes are boring simply because the way the skills work… I mean your skills go off of your weapon… and then you only get at max 5 of those? I realize some classes have weapon swapping and I also haven’t played it for that long so perhaps those leveling skills do help. But I personally can understand exactly where he is coming from (without the previous experience from Guild Wars). Thank you “Yoh” for posting this and I do hope that ArenaNet takes a look at this post and takes it into consideration upon further development of the game!!

Farewell GW2

CHIPS.6018

Your multiplayer experience is wrong. in dungeons you DO need to work togther and think about more then personal dps. Look at the flavor of the month dungeon ranger build, it generally brings redmoa/spotter/frost spirit to work together with other popular meta builds, it brings aoe buffs that are important to improving party dps and scale exponentially the more people you have.

I play an engi, and nothing is more satisfing then blasting 18 might stacks onto my party for 30 seconds and watching bosses melt. I think the multiplayer is AMAZING, you just are prolly zerging over world content which is as you said, mindless and not really meaningful, get in a dungeon and its a diffrent world where you need diffrent ideas and gameplay to win.

The problem isn’t GW2 have ZERO team work. We are not saying that. Of course GW2 have teamwork. I played though dungeons (including Arah) and tons of WvW. I know about fields+blast finisher. In fact back when I was a commander in WvW I made those calls on TeamSpeak. So yes I am (and many others are) fully aware that there is teamwork in GW2.

Here is the problem: People like me reached GW2’s skill ceiling way too fast.

That includes both solo skill ceiling and team play skill ceiling.

I tell you the truth. Even if I play my GW2 necro for 5 more years, I will not get much better with using her. Her skill bar won’t improve that much. Neither will her skill bar become unique.

Its like playing Mario. Let’s say this Mario game gives you LS updates. Well you might die when you enter a brand new stage. But as you play you will get more familiar with the new stages and eventually finish them.

But listen to this please: You got better by being more familiar with the new stages. You did not become better at using Mario.

Ok?

Mario is VERY easy to use. He pretty much only have ONE move. He just jumps. And jumps. And jumps. Using Mario isn’t the problem here.

GW2 characters are, of course, more complicated to use than Mario. But if you ask me, it is along the same line.

Team work, what we see today is what we get. Field+blast. Field+blast. Field+blast. The only thing hard about that is the lag and getting everyone on TeamSpeak, tbh.

I guess the thing is I play many other type of games beside GW2. I play RTS, which gives me some skill on multi-tasking. I play tons of action games and shooters, so my reflex is decent. And so things in GW2 just aren’t that hard, tbh.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

Farewell GW2

CHIPS.6018

Thanks OP for writing this out. While some people (read: fanboys) prefer trolling and calling out hate messages, I will not do so. Most of what you say is true.

Actually, the real troll is likely this thread. I mean, honestly, who would really care when someone’s quitting the game? Aside from people that the person may call “friend,” and would have spoken with ingame or via guild, I really cant think of anyone. Making this sort of thread just comes off as the player being self-important about themselves, always has regardless of whatever game it is. Most of the time such people dont even leave the game entirely, and instead choose to creep the forums bashing anything and everyone like an addict being deprived of a fix.

So here’s to the OP actually leaving the game entirely: bye.

I had been playing GW1 since GW1 beta. If I ever decided to perma-quit, I will make a thread. I think playing the GW series for like 9 years give me permission to tell the world why I decided to leave. :P

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

OP is totally right. I agree with all points what you have put in your post. GW2 is now like it is not evolving at all. It is not game’s fault tho, it is fault of those who are behind of the game. When company or it’s product get best reviews, there is so strong risk that whole company’s employees, management and PR are laid back and think that they are staying the best ones forever, even they are living standstill. And when time goes by, customers see that nothing is changing, they decide to leave. Then company and it’s management realise that they should do something to keep rest of the customers. I think They are still living in Anet this standstill phase.

Yes, I have been so close to leave this game too. But I will give one chance for it. Only thing is that I won’t invest any money in this game anymore.

-snip -

Personally, I am still awaiting on that “big announcement” they were talking about around the time of the April 15th patch and I look forward to learning about what they have in store for the later half of this year. However, if the issues aren’t addressed and silence is prevalent, by 2015 I’ll probably have quit to play more console games.

Only thing what I can see what they will announce is something like this:

“We have a China now. We don’t need you anymore. Have a nice day!”

_ _ _ _

Oh and yeah, no you can not have my stuff. When I leave I sell everything, and give my money to my guild bank. They can spend those money in there as they see the best.

Farewell GW2

CHIPS.6018

TBH, while that was alot of work for the devs and balance team, it was also the main reason that made me, and probably 80% of my guild stick to gw1 pvp for 5 years.

Every time new skills were added, or nerfed/buffed the whole meta shifted, cookie-cutter builds fell out of favor and new builds started to shine. Sure, there were moments of total imbalance, but those didnt last too long due to how dynamic and frequent the balancing was.

I still remember how after each patch it was like a gold rush, everyone in my guild gathering in TS to discuss how the meta would change in each of the pvp modes, and what we could do to stay one step ahead. Creativity and theorycrafting were king.

While i don’t hate gw2 skill system, i do feel it sacrificed alot of that excitement just to be more accessibile and easy to manage, for both players and devs.
The result is a more stable but stale and grey meta, where most classes have the same couple viable builds (that everyone runs) for a MUCH longer time.

For me, I think it actually might be easier to balance a game with a butt-load of skills. I havn’t played GW1 enough to know how that went but I’ve played TSW inside out, and in terms of how skill-setting works, those two seem to be in the same ball-park.

TSW was a flop, Funcom has a very small crew working on it and balance updates come once a year at best. Yet TSW’s PvP is extremely balanced and diverse and unless you’re a dungeon DPS, PvE has a lot of top-tier builds as well.

The reason behind it is that in a ‘chaotic’ and open system, there’s a lot more different possible combinations of set-ups so:

1. It’s harder to determine what are the best builds and you only need to change something slightly to trigger a domino effect and keep players guessing again.

2. There’s simply a lot more builds possible, so there are a lot of ‘overpowered’ metabuilds competing with each other instead of a few dominating everything.

3. The players have a lot more tools at their disposal to counter each and every build. With a limited and restricted system like ours, there’s a lot of builds that are simply very overpowered because there’s very little or sometimes nothing you can do to counter it.

In other words, in a very complex system, its players who set the metabuilds, not the developers, you simply need to give them the tools to do it instead of do all the work yourself.

GW1 was impossible to balance. The reason being you could have two professions and sometimes the synergies between skills was unintended and made it hard to fix right. Some of the skills were so useless that they never were used, Keystone Signet anyone?

It is better to have an unbalanced but fun gameplay than a balanced but non-fun gameplay.

And TBH, GW1’s balance was rarely totally out of wrack. There are usually a few OP builds going at it at the same time. Since they are each OPed in their own way, the game actually kept itself in check.

In Itachi’s word: Every Jutsu has a weakness.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

Farewell GW2

Nerelith.7360

Thanks OP for writing this out. While some people (read: fanboys) prefer trolling and calling out hate messages, I will not do so. Most of what you say is true.

Actually, the real troll is likely this thread. I mean, honestly, who would really care when someone’s quitting the game? Aside from people that the person may call “friend,” and would have spoken with ingame or via guild, I really cant think of anyone. Making this sort of thread just comes off as the player being self-important about themselves, always has regardless of whatever game it is. Most of the time such people dont even leave the game entirely, and instead choose to creep the forums bashing anything and everyone like an addict being deprived of a fix.

So here’s to the OP actually leaving the game entirely: bye.

I had been playing GW1 since GW1 beta. If I ever decided to perma-quit, I will make a thread. I think playing the GW series for like 9 years give me permission to tell the world why I decided to leave. :P

Having Played as Long as I have, since shortly after the release of gw1… I think I Missed the very release By 3 or 4 Months, I think you have a right to express why you are leaving gw1. And I , speaking only for myself would Love to hear it. I think that the forums rules about " Goodbye" threads have nothing to do with what is good for a healthy forum, and more to do with wanting to keep the fact that people are leaving for good reasons, out of the eyes of the fanbois.

The fanbois..( I used to be a fangirl)… foam at the mouth. And get extremely insulting, and offensive when exposed to any type of criticism, even when the criticism is fair. The attitude seems to be " love the game and Play it, if you don’t then we don’t wanna hear why, Just get the eff out…."

Problem is, enough players leave, and the devs have to shut down the servers. If you think that cannot happen, Look at City of Heroes.

The funny part is, I would play City of heroes/villains over gw2 anyday.

My point is, when a player that has given a game 9 years of their life decides to put the game down, over issues that if the devs had put their minds to in a timely fashion might have resolved, if they had given the complaints a fair hearing, we and the devs should listen.

Some companies only seem to hear cha-ching. Maybe Anet is not one. Maybe they might actually listen to what has their long term playerbase discontented and address the issues, before it’s too late. maybe gw2 doesn’t have to shut it’s servers down Like CoH did.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

When ever I see a thread like this, I’m always torn between two feelings.
On the one hand: nobody cares. It’s just a game, if you’re done playing it then stop. You’re only making yourself feel an undeserving sense of bitterness toward the game by playing when you’re unsatisfied by it. I’ll say it again because it’s important: it’s just a game, play it when you feel like playing, don’t when you don’t, don’t ever again if you don’t ever feel like it again.

But then on the other hand: thanks for the valid feedback. Considering companies often times survey people who are leaving, I’m sure they appreciate what you said.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I’m ready to quit too. GW1 was unique, it was different then the others, I will always love GW1, my first mmo, that’s how I’ll remember it. GW2 was garbage, another typical mmo wanna-be. It destroy the brand name the first group of developers from GW1 try to create.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Your multiplayer experience is wrong. in dungeons you DO need to work togther and think about more then personal dps. Look at the flavor of the month dungeon ranger build, it generally brings redmoa/spotter/frost spirit to work together with other popular meta builds, it brings aoe buffs that are important to improving party dps and scale exponentially the more people you have.

I play an engi, and nothing is more satisfing then blasting 18 might stacks onto my party for 30 seconds and watching bosses melt. I think the multiplayer is AMAZING, you just are prolly zerging over world content which is as you said, mindless and not really meaningful, get in a dungeon and its a diffrent world where you need diffrent ideas and gameplay to win.

The problem isn’t GW2 have ZERO team work. We are not saying that. Of course GW2 have teamwork. I played though dungeons (including Arah) and tons of WvW. I know about fields+blast finisher. In fact back when I was a commander in WvW I made those calls on TeamSpeak. So yes I am (and many others are) fully aware that there is teamwork in GW2.

Here is the problem: People like me reached GW2’s skill ceiling way too fast.

That includes both solo skill ceiling and team play skill ceiling.

I tell you the truth. Even if I play my GW2 necro for 5 more years, I will not get much better with using her. Her skill bar won’t improve that much. Neither will her skill bar become unique.

Its like playing Mario. Let’s say this Mario game gives you LS updates. Well you might die when you enter a brand new stage. But as you play you will get more familiar with the new stages and eventually finish them.

But listen to this please: You got better by being more familiar with the new stages. You did not become better at using Mario.

Ok?

Mario is VERY easy to use. He pretty much only have ONE move. He just jumps. And jumps. And jumps. Using Mario isn’t the problem here.

GW2 characters are, of course, more complicated to use than Mario. But if you ask me, it is along the same line.

Team work, what we see today is what we get. Field+blast. Field+blast. Field+blast. The only thing hard about that is the lag and getting everyone on TeamSpeak, tbh.

I guess the thing is I play many other type of games beside GW2. I play RTS, which gives me some skill on multi-tasking. I play tons of action games and shooters, so my reflex is decent. And so things in GW2 just aren’t that hard, tbh.

Completely agree. Combat is just flat-out uninteresting.
In my opinion, making all skills usable while moving was a massive mistake (smooth as it may make the gameplay feel). All risk is removed from skill-usage – movement and positioning goes out the window, and spam ensues as it’s always in your best interest to use any skill. Couple that with the self-sufficiency of classes and a complete lack of any meaningful interaction with your team and you’re pretty much left with a bland single player experience in a multiplayer world.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

In my opinion, making all skills usable while moving was a massive mistake (smooth as it may make the gameplay feel). All risk is removed from skill-usage – movement and positioning goes out the window, and spam ensues as it’s always in your best interest to use any skill. Couple that with the self-sufficiency of classes and a complete lack of any meaningful interaction with your team and you’re pretty much left with a bland single player experience in a multiplayer world.

I completely agree. Combat is so boring that you can stand at the foot of Tequalt and press 1. Positioning and movement are absolutely unnecessary in this fight. Just stood there and press 1 and eventually it will fall dead.

Same go for the Triple Head Wurm. Everyone just come and stacks at each of the wurms and attack. No coordination neccessary.

No interaction with other people necessary for the current famous Crown Pavilion either. Everyone just wear berserker gears. Stack up at each boss and press one. You have 8 minutes. With 50 people, it takes about 1 mins a boss. You go around in a clockwise or counterclockwise. Zerg all the way. You can do it in 6 minutes (out of 8 minutes) for the gold reward. Easy. No coordination needed. No teamwork.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

One of the chief problems with GW1 was that they continually added skills, it was a balancing nightmare and they were doing MASSIVE balance patches 5 years into the game

And here we are several years later and the new game still isn’t balanced.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Sometimes I wonder if threads like this aren’t just a challenge:

"Convince me to stay."
"Agree with me that I’m doing the right thing."
"Give me meaning to my existence."

Whatever explanation is given, it’s just a surface scratch on the player issue.
The OP knows their comments are a small drop in the ocean - it’s even acknowledged with a "for what little it’s worth". The "I’m leaving" part is the sucker-in, so their comment doesn’t have to be lost within one of Anet’s feedback threads. It’s to get attention, thus naturally will draw the "Can I has your stuff?" posts. Even if the discussion that comes thereafter is the OP’s valid assessment of how they see things.

It’s fair to give a feedback assessment, but it should be labelled as such. If you have to make mention of your leaving, then it should be a small, minimal amount of your post. If not, at best it just draws quick-wits, at worst, it appears a troll post - either of which can lose the points it was trying to make. I’ll admit I just saw your topic title and wanted to post "Can I have your stuff?" without even reading what you had to say. I tried to be the better person and read your posts, however. I still want your stuff, mind.

I sympathise with your experience, OP, despite what I’ve just said seeming to say otherwise. I just wish you’d posted this as feedback and not mentioned quitting as your primary draw. Still, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

...you should keep your stuff, by the way. In case you change your mind, in case the game’s model actually does change to what you’re after in the future. After all, you’re not paying a subscription.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

I could name:

At least 10 negative opinions the OP has about the game without any explanation nor anyway to improve it.
At least 4 untrue statements the OP claimed about the game
At least 1 logical fallacy in all that to seemingly support his view

This thread contributes nothing to the community. Please close it.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

Im ok with the update speed of gw2 but thats why i know we are beta tester for china and russia :P

but now more constructive Is ok to quit a game thats so normal and the good news is u can come back later. I quit gw2 as well but for other reasons more bcs there is no challange in game after I saw Liadri came back and she was not stronger even more weaker then before i quited. Also real life goes first Im sure for the next big event im back but for now i enjoy my free time and good weather :P

Farewell GW2

CHIPS.6018

I completely agree. Combat is so boring that you can stand at the foot of Tequalt and press 1. Positioning and movement are absolutely unnecessary in this fight. Just stood there and press 1 and eventually it will fall dead.

Same go for the Triple Head Wurm. Everyone just come and stacks at each of the wurms and attack. No coordination neccessary.

No interaction with other people necessary for the current famous Crown Pavilion either. Everyone just wear berserker gears. Stack up at each boss and press one. You have 8 minutes. With 50 people, it takes about 1 mins a boss. You go around in a clockwise or counterclockwise. Zerg all the way. You can do it in 6 minutes (out of 8 minutes) for the gold reward. Easy. No coordination needed. No teamwork.

Ever tried Domain of Anguish in hard mode? Ever tried Winds of Change in hard mode?

Hint: Teq and the Wurm is a walk in the park, compared to DoA and WoC hard mode.

Teq especially is a LOL. He only wins because of the timer. Teq has never wipe out the whole human zerg. Teq isn’t strong. The timer is.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

Farewell GW2

CHIPS.6018

I figured it was high time I took the time to explain why I am no longer playing GW2, and I seriously don’t expect that I will be back anytime soon.
It’s the responsible thing to do I think, since most players that leave simple go silent without saying anything. So take this for what little it’s worth.

The responsible thing to do is to not break forum rules, which you’re doing by making a leaving post.

1. The only people who care why you’re leaving are people who already agree with you, some of which have left. Many of us like the game pretty much the way it is. Not that it doesn’t have room for improvement, but my guild, at least, is hopping and everyone seems quite happy with the game.

2. Most players simply go silent. That’s true. This is people who like the game and people who hate the game. Making the assumption that most of the silent people agree with or would support your points is an erroneous assumption. Some people will and some people won’t, just like the people who answer this thread.

Use of the word responsible means that you see what you believe to be true as objectively right, when it’s high subjective. Even in this thread, many people disagree with what you’ve said.

If you don’t like a game, leave the game. Making a post like this is not only against the rules, but it’s completely 100% pointless. Unless you’re saying something totally unique that no one has complained about before, which isn’t the case.

The problem is you guys never saw how GREAT GW2 could have been. Many of us GW1 players did. We saw a vision of it. But it never came to pass. That’s why it is so sad for some of us.

Farewell GW2

CHIPS.6018

I could name:

At least 10 negative opinions the OP has about the game without any explanation nor anyway to improve it.

Anet, you know which group truly loves the GW series more. I hope you pick the correct guys to listen to. ^^

Farewell GW2

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I could name:

Anet, you know which group truly loves the GW series more. I hope you pick the correct guys to listen to. ^^

Wow, just becouse you think he is right doesn’t mean he doesn’t breaks one rule and also has an unconstructive topic.

GW2 may not be as hard as GW1, GW2 may not be GW1 but it is one of the best games I have ever played and for more or less every update this game is improving the way I wan’t it and I am perfectly happy that this game isn’t just another GW1. I played GW1 since release and untill a few months after EoTN so I know that game and I like it but I like GW2 much more and I would be sad if it started to be more like GW1.

Most things I like about GW1 is in GW2 in my opinion, but there is more that could come… Like Guild Halls and GvG but it is a growing game.

So as a comback to this I am leaving thread I will say ‘I still play this game, I got 8 lvl 80 and have played since 3-day headstart. I have got 7 of my friends to play this game and after four months they are still playing’. Suck on that

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Farewell GW2

Posted by: olleandersson.9408

olleandersson.9408

Someone give this OP a cookie. I agree with every word.

~ [LuPi] Lupi Stole My Bike ~
Melee ranger since launch.

Farewell GW2

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I could name:

Us versus them with the build in assumption that you are RIGHT. What more could anyone ask for?